PDA

View Full Version : Wintec Ampx...anyone have any experience with it?

thesaint
12-20-2008, 02:18 PM
I am looking into buying some DDR3 memory for a new system. Wintec Ampx has an affordable solution at tigerdirect. I have never had any experience in Wintec though to say if its any good. I know they have been around for years (specifically since 1988 as a distributor apparently).

Any reviews?

How about OCZ memory. They have OCZ for even cheaper, but the last time I bought OCZ it was a nightmare getting it to work with anything and finally wound up reselling it on ebay because it wasn't compatible with any of my systems. Anyone have success with OCZ memory and Intel branded motherboards? (yes I know intel sucks for motherboards but I get great deals on Intel boards so all of mine are intel).

Eris
12-20-2008, 02:39 PM
I couldn't say. Most memories usually work just fine for most applications: The supposed benefit with uber-high-end brand name memories are usually not noticeable. You might want to avoid the very lowest end of the price range, but in my experience, the only cheap generic hardware you should really avoid at all possible cost is generic PSU:s. They can and will wreck your computer.

thesaint
12-21-2008, 06:18 PM
I might be getting the ocz memory. The deal is too good to pass up and I'm sure if it doesn't work on the intel board I would get around the same price on ebay reselling it.