PDA

View Full Version : Azumanga Daioh Wall

Behindthesmile
11-01-2003, 11:36 AM
lol its been a long time since i did a wall anyways heres my new work in progress. i cant think of a good background so i'm leaving it white for now. if you guys have any suggestions or critism i'm open :D

_hades the wicked
11-01-2003, 12:18 PM
I think it's nice, but it looks more like a poster than a wallpaper, specially the bottom part.
Also, those two "flying" cats should be removed in my opinion.

11-01-2003, 12:19 PM
Your wallpaper is good, but there are a few technical suggestions I have for you to consider. First, Sakaki is a little desaturated. To make her stand out more you might go and pump up the saturation a bit; not a lot, just whatever you think looks best. Next, and I don't know how important this is, but the paper texture is visible. To me it's obvious this is a scan from a magazine. Depending on the amount of effort you wish to out forth, I think you would like the image better if all the colors were smoothed out and that texture removed. Good wall overall, I think it's a very nice start.

Behindthesmile
11-01-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by DarK DeatH@Nov 1 2003, 01:13 PM

Also, those two "flying" cats should be removed in my opinion.
lol i haven't put the background yet thats why it look that they're flying. i'm thinking of more like sakaki looking behind in a street setting. but might change my mind and put something else all together rather than the cats.

also thanks default for the advice. hope blur and saturation takes out that texture issue since thats the one i'm gonna use. unless theres another way to smooth it out :D

kadaan
11-02-2003, 07:19 PM
Smudge tool works great for removing artefacts in solid colored areas.

MistressPookyChan
11-03-2003, 02:28 AM
keep the cats, they rule! I would, however, try to draw attention away from the 2 cats in the background. one suggestion is the make them black-and-white or blur them.

Behindthesmile
11-03-2003, 01:21 PM
well heres the image with some major adjustments. i also have a beta version of the other one though with adjustments from your suggestions

kadaan
11-03-2003, 04:12 PM
Much better, I like it! Those cats are too cute :).

diablo111
11-04-2003, 10:26 PM
I like the second version better....the main scan looks dirty though, maybe try cleaning it up a bit?

MistressPookyChan
11-04-2003, 10:38 PM
the cats rock my world. I would try to bring the character off the background a bit. maybe a soft glow? Nice job; much better!

omicron_15
11-05-2003, 08:06 PM
The second version looks totaly awsome, great job.

_hades the wicked
11-05-2003, 09:28 PM
OK, first tell me one thing... Where the hell did you take "diaoh" from? oO It's DAIOH! Or daiou in the original... But yeah, the wallpaper's looking very good now :) ...Besides the diaoh of course...

Behindthesmile
11-06-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by DarK DeatH@Nov 5 2003, 10:22 PM
OK, first tell me one thing... Where the hell did you take "diaoh" from? oO It's DAIOH! Or daiou in the original... But yeah, the wallpaper's looking very good now :) ...Besides the diaoh of course...
thanks for pointing it out i wouldnt have noticed the typo if you haven't mentioned it