PDA

View Full Version : Program

shugotenshi
11-01-2003, 06:03 AM
I've used animewallpapers.com for some time and I love it ^_^

I have a question/suggestion. Now, i'm sure at least one of you have wondered "what wallpaper should i put up today?" Is it possible to make a program that sets a random wallpaper on your desktop? I'm almost 100% certain thats it's possible, so I'm really suggesting that somethin like that be done. I program for fun a bit, so i'm no expert. But i do think the idea of not knowing what wallpaper will come up is fun. Perhaps a program like that could also include a sorting system for pre-set wallapers to be randomized from. I know you all just make wallpapers but doesn't it sound like a neat idea?

Love the site, it's full of true art.

INA_ctive
11-01-2003, 08:02 AM
you can do programming? if so i'll just say the concept.
Use Javascript in a HTML document. A script to show random image (the image will change everytime we refresh the desktop)
Then after the random script is finish just set the html as your desktop walls :)

acamori
11-01-2003, 10:16 AM
acctually there is at least one program out there that puts up a random wall at certain intervals. you give it a list of files and a time interval and it will either go in list order, or randomly among the files chosen. i got it from some website for free (it's a share ware thing so don't freak out or anything) and may be able to post a link so you can d/l if you'd like.

_hades the wicked
11-01-2003, 12:20 PM
If you can find Asura, I remember he had one of those... His AIM SN is "drksinnr". Ask him, I'm pretty sure he had that, just not sure if he still does.

11-01-2003, 12:26 PM
There are a number of those types of programs out. Most are shareware or freeware. Just hop on over to http://www.download.com and do a search for 'wallpaper rotate'. I was able to find a couple of results with that. Good luck.

The Great Conspiracy
11-01-2003, 12:31 PM
If you use Windows, I can give you a VBScript I've written to change my wallpaper randomly. Just place the attached file in a folder along with the JPEG-files you want to use. Open the script and replace the preset directory on line 5 by the path to your image directory.

If you execute it once, the files "wallpaper.html" and "wallpaper.jpg" are created. Set "wallpaper.html" as your wallpaper. One of the images in the folder should show up on your desktop.

Whenever you want to change the wp, just execute the script and refresh your display. If you want to change the wallpaper at startup, place a link to the script in your autostart-folder.

Candy-StarR
11-01-2003, 09:40 PM
On my imac computer... there's these settings that radomly changes ur wallpaper once every 5 seconds, once every minute, once every hour & once every time u log on

It's really cool :P

I have my wallpapers changing every 5 seconds

Miko
11-01-2003, 11:44 PM
Just download "Compumatrix Wallpaper Changer" from www.download.com
You can set the intervals, and the wallpapers. It's an excellent program; doesn't use much RAM either.

INA_ctive
11-02-2003, 02:30 AM
i want mac but it's expensive :(
mac is kool

kadaan
11-02-2003, 07:17 PM
For Windows, get webshots (webshots.com (http://www.webshots.com/)). It's a nice free wallpaper organizer that has the ability to change your wallpaper every day. It also has a screensaver which will play a slideshow of your wallpapers. It can put a calendar in the top corner of the wallpaper when it sets it as your desktop wallpaper... another cool feature. I like it because if you don't feel in the mood to see a certain wallpaper you can press CTRL+W to change it.

For Macintosh, it's built in :). Just click the "Change Wallpaper" checkbox and select from daily/hourly/30m/15m/5m/1m/5s.