PDA

View Full Version : Ooh! My First Post!

Candy-StarR
11-01-2003, 02:01 AM
Im like new here and i was thinking of getting advice 4 my wallpapers n stuff like dat... so yea ~~ Creative critisism need, fanx in advance

The Great Conspiracy
11-01-2003, 06:54 AM
Well, the pic is is really nice, it's cleanly extracted an of good quality. But I think you overdid it with the flares in your wp. Maybe try to add some other elements instead of them.

The bg-color you've chosen really hurts my eyes, but that's a matter of taste I guess ... so don't care if you like it the way it is.

_hades the wicked
11-01-2003, 12:30 PM
The colors seem kinda blurry... The picture is placed too much to the left, and the right side is kinda fading to black... The lense flare is unneeded and the background should be better worked on. The cutout is really good though :)

11-01-2003, 12:33 PM
I agree that the bright pink you chose for the background is a little harsh on the eyes. You might tone it down some by lightening it up. After you do that, however, the character in the background will stand out more, so turn the opacity down some more on her so she doesn't overpower the foreground character. All-in-all it's an incredibly clean layout. You might throw something else in there in the way of text to help those of us out that don't know who this is or which anime she comes from.

MistressPookyChan
11-02-2003, 04:21 AM
i personally love pink, so no complaints from me on that!! The main image does look blurry though; maybe because of the flash of light.

Tal
11-02-2003, 08:17 AM
try not to use the same image twice like that

MistressPookyChan
11-02-2003, 01:55 PM
I think the same-background-image-as-foreground is okay if used properly. In this case, it doesnt really work because it's the only focus in the background. I did that technique once, but blurred the image and added a grid. It is, to date, one of my more famous and popular walls.