PDA

View Full Version : Can't Place This Costume -- Help!

Musouka
12-11-2008, 10:22 PM
For an upcoming convention I plan on attending, I would like to do my very first cosplay. Now, for my first cosplay, I don't have the time or means to make my own cosplay outfit, so I'm planning on purchasing a costume. During my perusing the internet, I came across this gorgeous costume.

Costume in Question (http://www.funnyanimation.org/sailor-moon-cosplay-costume-p-94.html)

Now, it's labled as a Sailor Moon costume, but I know it's not. Sailor Moon's costume was much more like a Japanese School Girl costume, mostly white on the top with the big red bow. On second glance, it was very much like Lumiere from Kiddy Grade, but that isn't right either.

Anyone out there know who this costume belongs to?

CapnJack
12-12-2008, 11:02 AM
It does look oddly familiar to me. I too would have thought of Lumiere from Kiddy Grade, or at least a variation of what she would wear. But Sailor Moon? o.O Those people are on drugs. I started to think of Tokyo Mew Mew because of the bell on the neck, but thats not quite it either. Its very beautiful and hot at the same time. (dont ask me to explain lol) This one is going to haunt me if I cant figure it out. Sorry I couldnt help.

Musouka
12-13-2008, 12:08 PM
Yeah, somehow I don't think the costume is from Resident Evil 5.

Any other takers?

Nariel
12-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Um... It looks a little like Minto from Tokyo Mew Mew cause of the tail kinda thing, but not quite....

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dKAClin0w8E/R8gcCykGkFI/AAAAAAAAANk/6UAL-mtWu7g/Mew+Mint.jpg

Musouka
12-13-2008, 11:51 PM
It is really close to that in style, but the color is completely wrong. *sighs* This is really driving me nuts.

CapnJack
12-14-2008, 02:07 AM
Come to think of it, it might not come from any anime in particular. If you check the page it stated that it was designed by their "super excellent tailor". If the tailor knew what anime it was modeled after, they would have stated it. But instead they call it a Sailor Moon costume; which if you knew the anime, it obviously isn't. As I said, its a very fine outfit and very mo-e appealing, but Im starting to believe its an original-- so to speak. Im so sorry if it bursts your bubble, Musouka. Maybe you can re-tailor it into a Lumiere costume if you have any interest in Kiddy Grade.

Musouka
12-14-2008, 07:32 PM
Tons of interest in Kiddy Grade, but I think it's almost better suited to a Tokyo Mew Mew costume. Maybe I can get in touch with the tailor and see if he/she would be willing to make one in green and I could go as Mint.

Dr. Hax
12-14-2008, 07:56 PM
It reminds me of Shion Sonozaki's Angel Mort outfit. That might be it.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo165/StarOtaku572/Higurashi%20No%20Naku%20Koro%20Ni/110.jpg

CapnJack
12-15-2008, 03:48 AM
Holy crap, I think you found it. So it does exist? Ok, so theres minor differences but I dont think you can get any closer then that. Just got to find the matching leggings, boots, or what ever the rest of the pic looks like. Aww, its so much cuter when you see it on an anime character thats blushing. =^^=

Dr. Hax
12-15-2008, 08:41 AM
...and that right there is one of the reasons to watch Higurashi. The best part is the she has a twin sister with a matching rack.

Balance
12-16-2008, 11:12 AM
...and that right there is one of the reasons to watch Higurashi. The best part is the she has a twin sister with a matching rack.
Funny how the entire show is more about bloody events than that.