PDA

View Full Version : Cats Or Dogs?

*Tsuki*
12-08-2008, 04:01 PM
So, here's a question that is pretty much impossible for me to answer. Which is better, Cats or Dogs? And why? I was just sitting in my room thinking of what I'm going to do when I move grow up and stuff, and I thought, "Should I have a cat or dog for a pet?" So, which is better, cats or dogs?

SigmaSD
12-08-2008, 04:06 PM
It really depends on your personality. If you're the person that likes to have their space, then a cat would be a good choice. They mostly tend to be independent, and they tend to groom themselves and take care of their droppings.

If your a person that likes to have people around them, then a dog would be a better choice. Dogs demand attention from their owners, and they require more responsibility from their owner. They also tend to be jumpy and happier.

My cat is evil, though, so I'd have to go with dogs.

Eris
12-08-2008, 04:23 PM
I will answer your question if you will answer if a screwdriver is better than a hammer.

Cats are not better than dogs, and dogs are not better than cats.

I can tell you this though. Dogs are idiots. They will love you unconditionally, and do what you tell them to. This does not apply to cats. You have to form a relationship with a cat on it's own terms to get any sort of affection out of it. And they will never do what you tell them to: If you tell them to go away, they jump into your lap, and if you tell them to jump in your lap they stare daggers at you. They are truly individualists.

overwatch
12-08-2008, 04:25 PM
I will answer your question if you will answer if a screwdriver is better than a hammer..
neither is better - but both are lesser than a chainsaw (which is also lesser than a chainsaw sword!)

true - but wolves are better than both ;)

╬Karami Mew~Meow
12-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Catz. First of all cuz felines are my # 1. They're independent, clean if u train them well, cute/furry/snugglebuddiez, and just totally rad. etcetc

Though dogs are alright too if your playful, since the dog and you would just fit perfectly. Though you'll have to take them out *cough*waste of time*cough*, deal with their loud annoying barks [if the dog barks; luckily ours don't], and pick up their wastes. But if your willing to do all that, so, all right then. =]

overwatch
12-08-2008, 04:30 PM
as a point to those saying that cats are indepentend whilst dogs are not - remember breed comes into this. Our husky is very cat-like in independence and in self cleaning - of course the pack dog mind is still there so she is still doggy, but the independent element is there as well

Eris
12-08-2008, 04:32 PM
true - but wolves are better than both ;)

Wolves suck at catching mice. My point is that you need to specify what they need to be better at. While hammers are champions of nails, they are left coughing up the gravel screwdrivers rip up when it comes to screws.

overwatch
12-08-2008, 04:35 PM
but cats suck at catching deer - and I know which I would rather be eating!
*hint its not the mouse - nor cat nor dog nor wolf *

Eris
12-08-2008, 04:38 PM
but cats suck at catching deer - and I know which I would rather be eating!
*hint its not the mouse - nor cat nor dog nor wolf *

Wolves suck at human interaction. They are shot on sight in populated areas, dogs and cats get free food and housing.

overwatch
12-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Wolves suck at human interaction. They are shot on sight in populated areas, dogs and cats get free food and housing.

true - even though they are one of the few predators which don't hunt people

kyogirl15
Dogs. I have one dog, his name is Shadow and he's my baby. He's a big dog too. My personality wants bouncy, playful and loyal. He knows when I'm sick or sad, and won't play unless he knows I want to.
Cats are alright, if you want someone to cuddle with or to shower with kisses and cooing.
I just depends on YOU. I prefer dogs to cats, not that I hate cats, I enjoy their company when I'm at a friend who has one.
=]

wowzabunny
I play fetch with my cat....(no lies there)
cats and dogs are equal.
neither are better and neither are worse

Kojack
12-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Choosing to get a cat or dog boils down to what sort of lifestyle you want. If you want to be the master of a very stupid animal, get a dog. If you want to be the butler of an animal who will make several attempts on your life, get a cat.

*Tsuki*
12-08-2008, 04:44 PM
I will answer your question if you will answer if a screwdriver is better than a hammer.

I can tell you this though. Dogs are idiots. They will love you unconditionally, and do what you tell them to. This does not apply to cats. You have to form a relationship with a cat on it's own terms to get any sort of affection out of it. And they will never do what you tell them to: If you tell them to go away, they jump into your lap, and if you tell them to jump in your lap they stare daggers at you. They are truly individualists.

I perfer hammers. (whack) much better for hitting people.

It's not that dogs are stupid, dogs are just very loyal to their owners. It's like they just want to be loved and cared about. And they can sense it when people are bad as well. Or at least that's what I believe . . . but if they love their owner, they don't really care if they're a good person, or a bad person, they still love you. They're just stupid in love. That's one thing I love about dogs. They accept you for who you are and will put up with all that they can to make you happy. I guess that's what makes dogs so stupid in a sense, but a cat is so independent at times that it doesn't truely need to have you around. It isn't going to try to make you love it, it expects it. . .

Eris
12-08-2008, 04:45 PM
true - even though they are one of the few predators which don't hunt people

That really goes to show what an utterly miserable failure their human interaction skills truly are.

I perfer hammers. (whack) much better for hitting people.

You can stab people with a screwdriver. Equally (if not more) deadly.

Eris
12-08-2008, 04:46 PM
Oops, dp.

Bring Me The Horizon
12-08-2008, 04:46 PM
i think dogs are better because they make better companions. They are loyal and fun to play with especially since they cant jump all over the place and wreck stuff. Also you cant go running with your cat outside. Plus cats dont do tricks like role over and all that jazz.

overwatch
12-08-2008, 04:47 PM
That really goes to show what an utterly miserable failure their human interaction skills truly are.

yah - but they got it right at some point - else we would not have dogs ;)

*Tsuki*
12-08-2008, 04:49 PM
You can stab people with a screwdriver. Equally (if not more) deadly.
But if it's a really dull screwdriver then it wouldn't hurt as much as a hammer coming down on your head.

Kojack
12-08-2008, 04:55 PM
But if it's a really dull screwdriver then it wouldn't hurt as much as a hammer coming down on your head.

That depends on the difference between your piercing and blunt damage resistances.

*Tsuki*
12-08-2008, 05:00 PM
That depends on the difference between your piercing and blunt damage resistances.
okay, well . . . if you can take a blow to your stomach but you don't have a very hard skull . . . and if they kinda just run up and poke you in the stomach. and tap you on the head, but semi hard . . . although i don't think I would want anyone coming up and driving a screwdriver into my stomach, and it would really hurt if someone were to hit me in the head with a hammer.

Oh yea, I think I would want a dog because they're so loyal and because they are so cute! <3 and @overwatch: Wolves are cool, but I still like dogs better. Even if dogs evolved from wolves.

Lady Edani
12-08-2008, 05:05 PM
cats are better because they are much cleaner then dogs.

Baka
12-08-2008, 05:06 PM
I like cats better. It's just my preference. Neither one is really better. It just depends on your tastes.

Eris
12-08-2008, 05:09 PM
okay, well . . . if you can take a blow to your stomach but you don't have a very hard skull . . . and if they kinda just run up and poke you in the stomach. and tap you on the head, but semi hard . . . although i don't think I would want anyone coming up and driving a screwdriver into my stomach, and it would really hurt if someone were to hit me in the head with a hammer.

I love how fast I manged to turn this thread from pets to the best tool to use when murdering someone.

Diocletian
12-08-2008, 05:11 PM
You can't compare felines to canines thus making dogs vs. cats fail. [/]

overwatch
12-08-2008, 05:12 PM
I love how fast I manged to turn this thread from pets to the best tool to use when murdering someone.

hehe but its not much of a challenge considering the mentality of people here ;)

a real challenge would be the reverse - turning a thread from best tool used when murdering someone to pets ;)

Sh0u
12-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Eh, I'd have to say it depends on the personality of the animal. I've seen very friendly and loving cats and very moody dogs. I dunno I'd say cats are cuter, dogs are nice too.

*Tsuki*
12-08-2008, 05:27 PM
cats are better because they are much cleaner then dogs.
Not true. My aunt finds hairballs all over the place, and dogs go outside where they it's better for the enviorment. I mean think of all the litter cats use and it most use clay so you have to use a plastic bag to hold the stuff and then when you throw away the bag it goes off to fill some landfill. Besides, you also have to clean up litter if cats drag it out of the litter box with them.

@overwatch (again): So I'm distracted easily, it isn't that bad. . . just semi annoying when i get off track and end up in a conversation that's completely different from what was previously spoken about. But, my random thinking could find some way of making the best killing tool to pets. Like, a screwdriver can hurt someone really bad, but if you have a dog then they could use their teeth to just bite the person and rip them to shreds. But, a cat could just use it's claws to scrape out the person's eyes. Yea, except if the cat is declawed it can't really do that very easily. Well . . .

overwatch
12-08-2008, 05:30 PM
hehe if you gave me a choice I would fight a dog over a cat!
Cats are wickid fighters and insanly fast - and cat scratches sting!

*Tsuki*
12-08-2008, 05:40 PM
hehe if you gave me a choice I would fight a dog over a cat!
Cats are wickid fighters and insanly fast - and cat scratches sting!
what if the dog had rabies? I mean I could never hit a dog (mean or not) but I could hit a cat if it started attacking me. It would go, crack, into the great wall of china. sorry people, i broke your wall . . .

overwatch
12-08-2008, 05:44 PM
rabies sort of changes things - but a cat can make you look like you decided to slide down a cheese grater!!! Of course that's a scottish wildcat so its got extra scottishness in it ;)

John Watson
12-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Oh, they are both so cute! I cant decide! X3
~ ♥

~*Layla*~
12-08-2008, 08:33 PM
I like dogs better there more fun and hyper like me!^^

jtdlives
12-08-2008, 09:16 PM
I like dogs much better than I do cats. I think dogs are more loyal and loving than cats are. Saying this I own 2 cats and don't have a dog. Eventhough I'am planning on getting a british bulldog someday, but I do like my cats and wouldn't trade them for anything.

*Tsuki*
12-08-2008, 09:25 PM
I like dogs much better than I do cats. I think dogs are more loyal and loving than cats are. Saying this I own 2 cats and don't have a dog. Eventhough I'am planning on getting a british bulldog someday, but I do like my cats and wouldn't trade them for anything.

It's really quite amazing what animals can do to you. One day you just realize you wouldn't give them up if the world depended on it.

jtdlives
12-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Yes I've been brainwashed by my kitties.

Haoie
12-09-2008, 02:00 AM
Dogs, and this is the most overdone question ever.

3pleT
12-09-2008, 08:16 AM
this one time when i was a kid, some older kids paid me and some of my friends to put a cat in a bag, hang it on the tree and beat it with baseball bats until it stops moving. few days later, they paid us to do the same thing with some ugly dog... i actually felt bad for the dog.
but, you know, cats are fine, i wouldn't mind having them around. lots of people i know would disagree with that.

Missy
12-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Cats seem to be more independent than dogs. And can be litter/potty-trained easier. I like both, but if I had to choose, it would be a dog. I've had 6 dogs total as pets in my lifetime (moved a lot, and let family take care of some) and 5 cats, and I think I enjoy dogs more.

Anime Forum
12-09-2008, 02:06 PM
I like dogs more than cats.

Reason : I have had bad luck with cats through out the years of my lifetime. One jumped out the window and never returned/my friend's cat died under his trailer/cats usually claw me a lot.

I like dogs because dogs have never done anything wrong to me in my lifetime. I also have a pet dog so yea dogs.

-akichan-
12-09-2008, 02:10 PM
It's so hard to choose...I used to like only dogs, but after my little story with a cat, I love cats as much as dogs!

I saved a mommy cat that just lost her kittens, and she was starving at my backyard, so I fed her and played with her. I go home at 3pm everyday, and the cat seemed to know what time I'm home, and always at my yard waiting for me and hang out with me. I felt that cats can be friendly too, as long as I can understand their needs and the differences between cats and dogs.

I love dogs as well because they are true friends of humans. Dogs are protective and understanding of human needs, and fun to play with. People seems to look at dog as family members more than cats.

It's so hard to choose, and I know that I cannot pick both at the same time XD

Daken.
12-10-2008, 10:19 AM
I'd have to go with dog. I just think there more playful.

LexxieLuu
12-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Dogs all the way!
I have one sitting beside me right now Tee hee. They are more fun to play with. I love wrestling with my dog and playing with her toys and also cuddling. She LOVES cuddling and even though I am allergic to her I love her a lot <3.

crazyflower
12-10-2008, 07:40 PM
i prefer cats to dogs. my cousins have a dog and one day he was happy enough so i reached down to pet him and he promptly tried to bite me. so i don't really like dogs. plus if you had a big dog and it got rabies it would rip your throat out. you would know what i am talking about if you have read Cujo by Stephen King. good book by the way.

Kazuma Kuwabara
12-10-2008, 08:06 PM
I love my dog. He is a rottweiler, pretty big, and really cute. He wouldn't harm a fly and he makes friends with everyone. Even unfriendly dogs cannot help but chill out when he is around. I also have a cat, he looks like garfield and he's always screaming when you walk by him, but he's a cool cat.

So yeah, dogs. Definitely.

Khanxay
12-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Dogs tend to hate me. I spend much time running away from them when I was a little brat. And the dog my older sister owns peed on me when I picked it up.

Cats I like. Lots.

MoroDashi
12-11-2008, 01:38 AM
Cats for the win.
They're cute and comforting.

.Lovebeat
12-11-2008, 04:19 AM
I prefer cats because they're more independent. They don't need as much care taking. :D Although I hate their claws. ; ;

Khanxay
12-11-2008, 04:24 AM
Although I hate their claws. ; ;
But that's one of their best features! I loved walking around the 'hood with my cat (Peaches <3) latched on my shoulder like a parrot when I was little.

jnLL
12-11-2008, 04:38 AM
i choose cats, they're better than dogs imo. i had lots of bad luck with dogs xD

Artcell
01-05-2009, 10:14 AM
i would prefer a cat cause i HATE dogs!and cats are really cute and i love when they purr.

Elphaba
01-05-2009, 10:17 AM
It really depends on your personality. If you're the person that likes to have their space, then a cat would be a good choice. They mostly tend to be independent, and they tend to groom themselves and take care of their droppings.

If your a person that likes to have people around them, then a dog would be a better choice. Dogs demand attention from their owners, and they require more responsibility from their owner. They also tend to be jumpy and happier.

yep it say that too.
but i like both if that is even possible.

Lord of Death
01-05-2009, 11:15 AM
For me either one would be okay, but I would prefer a cat over a dog, cause they are cleaner and less trouble..
Dogs you have to take out and walk, clean them, watch them and more..
Cats lick themselves clean, you don't need to walk to for them to go to the bathroom..

Lord of Death
01-05-2009, 11:18 AM
i would prefer a cat cause i HATE dogs!and cats are really cute and i love when they purr.

Me too. except I don't hate dogs...

sailormoon21
01-05-2009, 11:22 AM
i would choose a cat because cats are alot more fun to be around than dogs.i mean you don't have to take a cat to obeidient school, whereas you would have to do that to a dog. cats learn quicker than dogs. get a kitten and start training it how to behave and then by the time the cat is older it will know what and what not to do. CATS RULE AND DOGS DROOL!!!!

sailormoon21
01-05-2009, 11:25 AM
i love that when you go to sleep and the cat sleeps on your stomach it sometimes purrs and it tickles you sometimes. i had a kitten named socks before and every single time i went to sleep he would always sleep on my stomach and me being tickleish, his purring tickled my stomach and i would always jump up.

Shia_san
01-05-2009, 11:58 AM
I like both cats and dogs. I have dogs now, so..... I love them though <3
guess it depends on your personality.

ChibiVampKarin
01-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Cats are easier to take care of than dogs.

However, I'm a definite dog person. Dogs are fun and have a lot of character in them. They're also really smart, loving, and loyal to the end. It's definitely like taking care of a baby, except more affordable and much less harder -- but it's still pretty hard. Dogs require a lot of exercise (depending on the type of breed that you get, some dogs require daily walks, while others are recommended to be playing in an open field or park). They're definitely great pets to have, though. They're also super cute! hehe.

3pleT
01-05-2009, 02:39 PM
i would choose a cat because cats are alot more fun to be around than dogs.i mean you don't have to take a cat to obeidient school, whereas you would have to do that to a dog. cats learn quicker than dogs. get a kitten and start training it how to behave and then by the time the cat is older it will know what and what not to do.
wait....

what?!

Beast
01-05-2009, 03:25 PM
I'll always say cats are better, but personality of the owner is usually the tiebreaker.

I'm fairly laid back, so a cat is good for me. As my fat cat is my best fwend =3

Akito0o
01-05-2009, 03:28 PM
I like both. i have had both when I lived with my parents. Dogs can be more fun to play with, but cat don't need the attention all the time and you dont have to take them out for walks. Right now i have a a cat and hes like a dog lol