PDA

View Full Version : Snow

*Tsuki*
12-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Okay, so it's been snowing up a storm over here and I've been freezing. So, I'm wondering what other people think of snow and things they do when there's snow on the ground. Anybody? I'm bored out of my mind!

OminousCloud
12-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Australia doesn't really get snow snow, we get more like slush snow. I have never actually seen snow up close, but since I don't really like cold weather, that little detail doesn't bother me.

sarcastinated
12-07-2008, 11:28 PM
I prefer snow over ice. x_T We're supposed to get four inches tonight. I don't really like playing in the snow. It's fun for a little while, but then it starts to melt on you and you get all wet and cold. I prefer to sit in front of the window with a hot cup of coffee and watch it fall.

Edit: Okay... snow is actually tiny ice crystals. So: I prefer fluffy powdery snow over hardpacked, slippery, half-kill-myself, ice on the ground.

Saint Seiya
12-07-2008, 11:30 PM
i dont like snow at all, i mean its cute and everything when its actually snowing but after that, when it accumulates and freezes no.. its really annoying

October.
12-08-2008, 12:30 AM
ther's no snow here either and i don't mind that much.
it will be too cold here.

suzumi
12-08-2008, 12:50 AM
I love snow!!

I like watching it fall outside my window. But I like walking around in it too.

But it doesn't really snow much on this side of Chiba... T_T

_=[IchiGo]=_
12-08-2008, 12:57 AM
er...

Snow?? its India =_=

i have to travel ,like to almost the opposite point of country to tell u about wad i think of snow... >_>

WinterDream
12-08-2008, 01:20 AM
I love snow.Snow is awesome.I wish it had snowed tonight.

iGiraffe
12-08-2008, 05:26 AM
I love snow.Snow is awesome.

you took the words right outta my mouth :eek:

i love it when it snows, it makes me feel so happy ^^ well, that is except for when i have to shovel it from my driveway:wacko:

~Mithrosent~
12-08-2008, 05:57 AM
Personally, I love snow. And every year I make a snow fort with Reese(Little kid) and a snowman. But other than that, I'd rather cover myself with 5 blankets and drink hot cocoa.

Eris
12-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Snow is meh. I live up in northern Sweden, so there is no lack of snow here. New snow is all good and well, but after it's been sticking around for five or more months, you grow tired of it. It still beats rain, but not by much.

There has been a moderate layer of snow on the ground around here for over a month. It's been raining a lot, but it doesn't seem to melt the snow.

John Watson
12-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Ahh~ Winter is my favorite season, especially with snow. I like watching it fall mostly. It's really pretty.

Ramona Flowers
12-08-2008, 12:48 PM
I've never seen snow but I'm going to Kansas in a couple weeks so I finally will! yay! x3

One thing is for sure I'mma tick everyone off and fast cause when I think of snow I think of throwing it.

SigmaSD
12-08-2008, 01:11 PM
It's okay when it's not deadly. We've recently had a blizzard, and it was pretty bad outside. The person in charge of the college is one of those people that hardly closes down, so it was really dangerous trying to get to school. But now that it stopped snowing, it's pretty good. I even built a snowman.

dream magician
12-08-2008, 01:12 PM
personally, i love snow when i'm home watching it fall outside, traveling with snow, sounds dangerous..........

Eris
12-08-2008, 01:17 PM
It's okay when it's not deadly. We've recently had a blizzard, and it was pretty bad outside. The person in charge of the college is one of those people that hardly closes down, so it was really dangerous trying to get to school. But now that it stopped snowing, it's pretty good. I even built a snowman.

Lol wut? Deadly snow?

They used to haul us off to school whether it was -40 degrees (C and F, same temperature), howling blizzards, snow up to your waist, basically any weather conceivable.

.Lovebeat
12-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Snow is okay as long as it remains as snow (pretty and stuff). I hate slush and I don't enjoy walking on ice too much.
I hate it when you get wet from the snow. I enjoy looking at the snow as long as I'm inside a warm, DRY, house. ^^

Kojack
12-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Whoever took the trash cans back from the curb last week didn't put the lids back on and now they're filled with snow. And melting ice from the roof dripped down into the cans and froze the snow. I guess I'll have to cook up a Molotov later today to melt it.

Snow's alright as long as it's off the sidewalks and streets. And out of the trash cans.

Bring Me The Horizon
12-08-2008, 02:11 PM
It recently snowed here but only for a little bit. Its more cold breezes than snow, but i wish it was the other way around cause I love the snow

Beezer
12-08-2008, 02:36 PM
Snow is awesome at times. Driving in it is a pain even with driving experience. I used to love snow angels and building snow forts.

kaori_tenshi
12-08-2008, 02:45 PM
-_- I'm sick of snow already. We're going to have another snow storm tonight, 6-7 inches -_-.

It's pretty to look at when it's falling, but it gets in the way when it's on sidewalks and stuff.

~*Red*~
12-08-2008, 03:01 PM
I go outside and make snow angels or have a snowball fight.

SigmaSD
12-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Lol wut? Deadly snow?

You know what I meant. I almost got in a car accident trying to make it to school. And I know what you mean. We used to have a principal at our high school who absolutely refused to close school no matter what. Even if there was a blizzard going on, she wouldn't cancel school. The only time she did close school, she said that she did it to test out some new system they set up that would call every students home to mention that school was cancelled. One time, there was a blizzard when we were supposed to leave already, and she wouldn't let us because the weather was bad. Worst principal ever.

Eris
12-08-2008, 03:19 PM
You know what I meant. I almost got in a car accident trying to make it to school. And I know what you mean. We used to have a principal at our high school who absolutely refused to close school no matter what. Even if there was a blizzard going on, she wouldn't cancel school. The only time she did close school, she said that she did it to test out some new system they set up that would call every students home to mention that school was cancelled. One time, there was a blizzard when we were supposed to leave already, and she wouldn't let us because the weather was bad. Worst principal ever.

There shouldn't be any problem in traffic so long as people use proper winter tires on their cars. I guess people are more accustomed to driving in such conditions up here.

*Tsuki*
12-08-2008, 03:31 PM
well, I just thought of this:
I like snow because of snowdays.
That's probably the only reason why I like it, but at the same time I hate it because if we don't have a snowday (which we usually don't) we still have to go to school. I remember in 6th grade when there was like a huge snowstorm and we still had to go to school. But, during math that day there was an announcement saying that the buses were coming to take everyone home early and so some people had to call their parents. The phone lines were full with people at other schools calling their parents so all people heard were busy signals. Eventually, my math teacher said we could take out cell phones as long as he didn't see them. Kids took out their cell phones and went under tables with it up to their ear while the covered it with both hands. it was a fun day.

Baka
12-08-2008, 03:50 PM
I live in central California. We don't get snow. I wish it would snow here. I love snow. Snow is what I miss the most about living in Reno.

Yuuki Kurosu
12-08-2008, 05:47 PM
I don't really like the snow. >.<
I am not a cold type of person. xD
Lol.

Only time I like snow, is when it snows A LOT and I have no school. :D

Diocletian
12-08-2008, 05:48 PM
The Central Coast has beaches therefore we don't do snow. We do however get earthquakes so it's a fair exchange.

Eris
12-08-2008, 05:49 PM
The Central Coast has beaches therefore we don't do snow. We do however get earthquakes so it's a fair exchange.

Lol wut? We have beaches in Sweden as well. Doesn't mean we don't get the proverbial crapload of snow.

Diocletian
12-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Lol wut? We have beaches in Sweden as well. Doesn't mean we don't get the proverbial crapload of snow.

There's no connection of course. There was a sense of stupidity if your read it one more time. One more time give it a shot.

Eris
12-08-2008, 05:51 PM
There's no connection of course. There was a sense of stupidity if your read it one more time. One more time give it a shot.

DOES NOT COMPUTE. Error. Error. hâT¸¼xÂ<+JL*¦\"!ÆÓ$5c,9Fâ¸'wR\xçX

Diocletian
12-08-2008, 05:53 PM
DOES NOT COMPUTE. Error. Error. hâT¸¼xÂ<+JL*¦\"!ÆÓ$5c,9Fâ¸'wR\xçX

I finally broke you w/ stupidity. Took long enough. Best Buy workers are on their way.

Eris
12-08-2008, 06:00 PM
I finally broke you w/ stupidity. Took long enough. Best Buy workers are on their way.

Fortunately, I have redundancy protocols. I sing Daisy Bell while I open the crew quarter airlocks to space.

.Gogo
12-08-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm pretty sick of snow, actually.

We have all four seasons here, though with global warming it's not quite as bad as it used to be when I was a kid. Though it's still a pain when you get up in the morning, frozen, have to go pee and the floor is even more FREEZING, then have to get dressed and go outside to start your car fifteen minutes before you leave, you get in and YES! Your car finally warms up. You're all snug to realize OMG, your windshield is full of snow. So you get out to scrape it all off (along with the ice frozen to your windshield). You're done! You might just make it to work in time-- UNTIL you turn around, and scope out the situation behind your vehicle. THERE'S A MOUND OF SNOW BEHIND IT THAT THE PLOWS PILED THERE WHEN THEY WENT THROUGH YOUR APARTMENT'S PARKING LOT.

And this really, really sucks.

And, now you're late for work. You run and get your shovel, screaming profanities as you shovel snow, then you fall to the ground in defeat as more snow is falling, and now you're laying in the snow screaming at whatever diety you believe created the earth, and if you don't believe in one then you're screaming at Chuck Norris for making the sky bleed.

And this my friends, is the reality of snow. It's not all powdery fluff, it's EVIL.

---

~*Layla*~
12-08-2008, 08:25 PM
I love to have snow ball fights I love the snow it makes us have snow days^^
Yay And I love drinking hot chocolate when I come in.

Khanxay
12-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Dallas doesn't get snow till the random months of Spring. It's silly when it snows in April.

I prefer heat to snow. I can't move well when it's too cold.

Anime Forum
12-08-2008, 08:49 PM
I love snow and Massachusetts snows alot and when Mass gets the snow, it is always deep. I love playing with the snow and snow ball fights has always been something I enjoyed.

Bulf
12-08-2008, 08:50 PM
It snowed a while ago, we had about half of an inch. It was disappointing. D:

jtdlives
12-08-2008, 09:11 PM
I don't like snow. It is wet and cold and just plain yuck. I only like snow 2 days out of the year Dec. 24 and 25 other than that I would be happy if it didn't snow the rest of the year.

*Tsuki*
12-08-2008, 09:29 PM
I'm pretty sick of snow, actually.

We have all four seasons here, though with global warming it's not quite as bad as it used to be when I was a kid. Though it's still a pain when you get up in the morning, frozen, have to go pee and the floor is even more FREEZING, then have to get dressed and go outside to start your car fifteen minutes before you leave, you get in and YES! Your car finally warms up. You're all snug to realize OMG, your windshield is full of snow. So you get out to scrape it all off (along with the ice frozen to your windshield). You're done! You might just make it to work in time-- UNTIL you turn around, and scope out the situation behind your vehicle. THERE'S A MOUND OF SNOW BEHIND IT THAT THE PLOWS PILED THERE WHEN THEY WENT THROUGH YOUR APARTMENT'S PARKING LOT.

And this really, really sucks.

And, now you're late for work. You run and get your shovel, screaming profanities as you shovel snow, then you fall to the ground in defeat as more snow is falling, and now you're laying in the snow screaming at whatever diety you believe created the earth, and if you don't believe in one then you're screaming at Chuck Norris for making the sky bleed.

And this my friends, is the reality of snow. It's not all powdery fluff, it's EVIL.

---

That's a perfect description of what happens here! It's like right on and nothing can get closer to it. And it happens every morning . . .

Gizoku
12-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Oh man, I've always loved snow all my life, but I had to move to a state where it only snows in the north. It kind of depresses me actually, for me it's like you cant have cold weather without snow.

Yugure's Goddess
12-08-2008, 10:41 PM
I like snow. I used to live up in Iowa before my family moved down to Texas, and I really miss good ol' snowball fights. Now, like most things, I prefer it in moderation. I lived in Iowa and have had to deal with 3 feet of snow and the occasional blizzard. Blizzards and way too much snow suck, but I love snow. I love throwing snow at people, too.

You know what is really awesome? Last winter, there was actually one day in the morning when it snowed enough for us to have a short battle. It was awesomely fun. And it made me so happy!

An awesomely evil plus for snow: If you really don't like some one and you have a particularly well-sized rock and some snow, you can make for some nasty hurt.

love
dani
dude

Souhi
12-08-2008, 11:03 PM
We get plenty of snow where I live, and I really don't mind the snowfall itself or the cold weather that comes with it. The shoveling however, is absolute hell. I hate having to spend half a day clearing the driveway and wake up the next morning to have it packed again. And unfortunately, my dad is the type to volunteer our services to anyone within earshot, so I end up shoveling for neighbors, family and all that.

Luckily snowfall in southwestern Canada is somewhat reasonable. Somewhat. We only get 1 or 2 major blizzards that really stop traffic during a typical Winter.

Acnologia
12-09-2008, 01:10 AM
If it ever snows in the sub-tropics, Ill be worried.