PDA

View Full Version : An Ehrgeiz Wall...

_hades the wicked
10-30-2003, 09:45 PM
Here, it's under construction still... ß version... Comments anyone?

acamori
10-30-2003, 09:57 PM
my only real complaints are that his pose makes me think he's moving in the opposite direction as you make it look (or i may be backwards) and i think the colors of the chara seem slightly washed out to me.

diablo111
10-30-2003, 10:30 PM
To me it looks like he's moving forward. I like it, everything goes pretty well together...can't wait to see the final product.

phantasmagoria
10-31-2003, 08:13 PM
To me it looks like he's dashing forward. I like it, I can't wait for the finished version.

_hades the wicked
10-31-2003, 09:15 PM
Err... That's why I asked feedback... So I can finish it ^^;;
Also, can anyone help me to which kanji is "zan", or slash...? I don't feel like going through all of my Love Hina manga just to find that out, and I wanted to use that on the background of the wall, so if anyone can help me, I'd be glad.

acamori
10-31-2003, 10:41 PM
well my source is saying that the "zan" kaji (which means cut/kill with a sword) should look like this:

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/aales/Wallpapers/blah.jpg

_hades the wicked
11-01-2003, 12:35 PM
OK thanks, just updated it... See above.

11-01-2003, 01:09 PM
The wallpaper has good design, but I will bring a couple of things to your attention. To make the appearance of him dashing forward, he should get progressively larger. The two faded stances of the man should get progressively smaller as the get further away. Just a quick reminder of perspective. Secondly, The stained glass filter never made sense to me. I could never find a use for it where it didn&#39;t bother me. Instead of using a filter, you might try to fill thet in with some <u>realistic<u> clouds (not the cloud filter, mind you) or something else that won&#39;t take away from the main subject. The color is good. I like it.

_hades the wicked
11-01-2003, 02:01 PM
OK, I did the cloud thing, and the perspective thing (even though he wasn&#39;t supposed to come from the back to the front like everyone said, I thought it&#39;d look better :p), I have two more versions though, one with that same cloud background but hued red and one with another cloud background hued red.

Miko
11-01-2003, 11:46 PM
I&#39;m glad to see others are using shadowboxes too. :P

Warder
11-02-2003, 12:05 AM
I like the paper alot, I assume your going to do abit more with the Ehrgeiz text? It&#39;s abit plain.

_hades the wicked
11-02-2003, 09:36 AM
Yeah I thought about that too, but I don&#39;t know what to do with that text (like I said, ß version :P)
<s>Miko, what do you mean shadow boxes?</s> ::edit:: wait nevermind...