PDA

View Full Version : Should We Start Up Submissions Again?

MistressPookyChan
10-29-2003, 04:24 PM
I got an email from pmak, the admin from animewallpapers.com . He said that, if I wanted to, I could start getting wallpapers from the forums to put on AW.com again. Think it's a good idea?

For those that are new: on the forums I would start a thread where people could submit their wallpapers for adding onto AW.com instead of through the email system.

pros: add wallpapers to the site quickly, quicker updates

cons: bit of lag, flooding the forum (had to put a limit on how much people could add at one time)

acamori
10-29-2003, 04:35 PM
it'd be a great idea (even if i don't have things to submit right now). i'm all for it.

Cloud Strife
10-29-2003, 04:41 PM
good idea ^_^

Toommi
10-29-2003, 05:07 PM
Why NOT :huh:

phantasmagoria
10-29-2003, 05:16 PM
Sounds good to me.

kadaan
10-29-2003, 06:12 PM
It _will_ be very spammy, having everyone posting to the AW.com forum would be scary.

A new board should be started, or somehow a limit to how many entries can be posted per day. Some type of voting system for AG members to vote or rate the wallpapers would be great as well.

acamori
10-29-2003, 06:39 PM
previously, the submission thread rules were that a person could submit one wall, and only one (maybe two can't really remember) and the only thing in the thread is walls, no comments or anything like that. so it'll be pretty limited

MistressPookyChan
10-29-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by acamori@Oct 29 2003, 07:34 PM
previously, the submission thread rules were that a person could submit one wall, and only one (maybe two can't really remember) and the only thing in the thread is walls, no comments or anything like that. so it'll be pretty limited
exactly what he said. ^-^ I would limit the number of walls someone could post and would delete any post in the thread that isnt a wallpaper submission. It seemed to work really well in the past (i think!). I would also PM people and tell them the reasons for why their wallpaper wasn't submitted if there was an issue with it. Yes, it takes FOREVER for the thread to load, but the only one that really needs to go in there is me so that I can get the wallpapers.

Iapetus
10-29-2003, 07:00 PM
I remember that all that was in a post (besides the actual wall) was critical information. This meant: contact info (e-mail address or site address), the name you want displayed when the wall is posted... there were other things I think, but I can't remember them.

If I remember right, the limit was 3 wall a submission thread.

-Iapetus

pmak
10-29-2003, 09:10 PM
Yes, it takes FOREVER for the thread to load

Not if the images aren't embedded (if the poster of the image chooses not to embed it when uploading it, and/or if the person viewing the topic has embedded images turned off).

phantasmagoria
10-29-2003, 09:43 PM
exactly what he said. ^-^  I would limit the number of walls someone could post and would delete any post in the thread that isnt a wallpaper submission.  It seemed to work really well in the past (i think!).  I would also PM people and tell them the reasons for why their wallpaper wasn't submitted if there was an issue with it.  Yes, it takes FOREVER for the thread to load, but the only one that really needs to go in there is me so that I can get the wallpapers.
I take it that if we have any suggestions/compliments on the wallpaper we simply pm them. Correct?

acamori
10-29-2003, 10:01 PM
usually (used to be) the walls that get posted for submission are ones that have already been posted and looked at for comments in their own threads, so most comments and suggestions are taken care of before submission, but yeah, you could pm anything you needed to tell them (don't see why not)

btw, when and why did the look of the forum change?

MistressPookyChan
10-29-2003, 10:56 PM
very few times have i put up onto AW.com a submitted wallpaper that did not go through a forum cretique. At one time i required that the wallpaper go through a cretique.

acamori, check the post from pmak. ^o^

Iapetus
10-30-2003, 06:07 PM
When I was a member before, a person could submit their wall to the thread even if there wasn't a critique. However, if it wasn't acceptable, a moderator would edit the post to say that it wasn't accepted, and what might needed to be fixed before posting.

It was very helpful. I usually post a critiquing thread when I'm not entirely sure how the wall is working.

-Iapetus

_hades the wicked
10-30-2003, 09:34 PM
Yeap, it was three walls per person up to a certain period of time... I don't remember if that was a week or how much time, but I do remember it was three.
::edit:: Oh yeah, by the way, it'd be awesome to have the submission threads up again :)

diablo111
10-30-2003, 10:34 PM
I'm not really making as many wallpapers as I used to...but I have way too many walls made to upload and don't have any interest in doing so right now. :huh:

INA_ctive
10-31-2003, 10:07 PM
Pook read my PM pls :P

MistressPookyChan
11-01-2003, 02:08 AM
INA, I forwarded it on to pmak. Thanks for the suggestion.