PDA

View Full Version : Help remembering an anime from long ago

vega123
11-30-2008, 01:39 AM
Hello everyone
I have looked all over the internet for information about an anime I vaguely remember watching in the early 90's, which was probably made then or even before (considering the time it took to get translated and so on). I have very little to go on but I've become obsessed in finding out what it was, I know I watched it :wacko:. I imagine that this anime must be kind of obscure or not very popular as I never saw images of it again.

What I remember or think I remember about it was that a boy found himself in a world not of his own where there were warriors kind of like the ones in the Saint Seiya series in the sense that each had an armor and different special attacks, but in this case they all had a different kind of weapon they used.

I believe that the boy got an armor as well and is just learning how to use it, when for some reason the kingdom (if it was a kingdom) labels him as an enemy and he gets in individual fights with some of those powerful warriors.

I remember that there was a girl that fell almost instantly in love with him early in the series and follows him around, but he in typical anime fashion gets shy and pushes her away in her advances.

I know that all this might sound pretty vague but it is pretty much all i got, and I was hoping that someone here might at least narrow down my search with a few names of anime that would fit at least part of what I just described.

I'm new at this site and came here looking for an answer to this, hopefully I posted the message in the right place.

Thanks in advance!

Kitanoru
11-30-2008, 01:42 AM
Hmm could it be Beat the Vandel Buster or Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles? Or maybe Magic Knight Rayearth (Haven't watched much of the series but I've seen clips of it)? Sorry if this doesn't help much, I just thought I'd toss out a few guesses and see if they might lead somewhere. Good luck in your search!

SigmaSD
11-30-2008, 01:44 AM
Did the boy's armor resemble a pegasus? 'Cause I think I may know what you're talking about.

vega123
11-30-2008, 02:19 AM
Thank you for the answers so far and the quick replies

Hmm could it be Beat the Vandel Buster or Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles? Or maybe Magic Knight Rayearth (Haven't watched much of the series but I've seen clips of it)?

I just took a look at those. The one that resembles it the most would be Magic Knight Rayearth in the sense that it looks like it came out a while ago plus it has people in armor and some other things. I wish I had more to identify the series I'm looking for.

I'm almost certain that each warrior had a weapon that made them unique, and that might differentiate these series from others where they use hand to hand combat. I compared it to Saint Seiya maybe not as much for the art style but because besides the armors they also had some unique attacks that they kept using.

Man, I really feel like I'm looking for a needle in a haystack here.

SigmaSD
11-30-2008, 02:28 AM
Was the girls hair colored blue?

vega123
11-30-2008, 02:39 AM
Hm.. I don't remember her hair color. I also don't remember much what the armors looked like but I know it wasn't anything too technical like a mech, they probably came in different colors for everyone.

vega123
11-30-2008, 02:06 PM
anyone else? :(

SigmaSD
11-30-2008, 02:12 PM
Was the boy studying in a kendo class before he went to this different world?

vega123
11-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Ok make fun of this post, at least it keeps it bumped up.

Sh0u
11-30-2008, 03:06 PM
I think I know what you're talking about. I'm not sure about the boy in a world that is not his own part, but what you're saying reminds me of this one I watched -Ronin warriors I believe it was called- with the five warriors and they had to race to awaken each warrior, the leader was the warrior of fire, then there was wind, water, earth, and celestial.

vega123
11-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Ronin Warriors is another anime I haven't watched in a long time, is not it but does have many of the stuff I described, thanks for the help though.

Obviously I remember too little about the series I'm looking for, so I'm probably describing tons of similar series at once. I have low hopes in finding it unless I run into it by luck, but I still appreciate any guess even if it is not a match.

SigmaSD
11-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Ok make fun of this post, at least it keeps it bumped up.

I'm not making fun of the thread. It's just that I've seen an anime like the one you described, which was shown in Sci-Fi channel. I don't know what it's called, but the story is similar.

vega123
12-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Sorry. Is just that I can't describe the anime any further so the only thing that could help me at this point is if I get a name or see and image or a video that I can identify.

Is might seem weird that I'm looking for something that I can barely remember, but I know I liked it, and I became obsessive compulsive now that I see is so hard to find.

I'll check if the Sci-Fi channel has a record of the shows they have had on, thanks

th3_l1ght
12-01-2008, 11:02 AM
From what you described, it looks a lot Like Shurato. (Tenkuu Senki Shurato).

vega123
12-01-2008, 10:48 PM
That's it! Is Tenkuu Senki Shurato!
I don't know if I described it well but you got it, that is definitely it, thanks a lot :bounce:

SigmaSD> I think you were on the right track there, the girl does have blue hair and the main character was in a martial arts competition before he was sent to a different world, it even shows him taking a class before that happens. Sorry for doubting you

wartibet
12-07-2008, 11:26 PM
I found that connector you were looking for
Cindy, is this the thing you were looking for?
www.liangdianup.com/computeraccessories_1.htm (http://www.liangdianup.com/computeraccessories_1.htm)
It's on the list of computer accessories and parts. They have the DVI video thing to convert that jap monitor to work with your other computer. Just about any other kind of wire adaptor, usb connectors, monitor extension wires, ps2 extention wires, and all kinds of female and male swap connectors and things that I think would help your shop. If that above link don't work then goto www.lducompany.com (http://www.lducompany.com) and click on computer accessories. Let me know if that is what you need and give me your email address again.