PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving!

SigmaSD
11-27-2008, 07:59 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Today is the day where most of us will be with our families, and we'll probably gain like five pounds. But the most important part of this holiday is that you get to look over all the things that have happened to you, and giving thanks for it.

So what are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?

I'm thankful that despite the fact that were going through some problems, we've still managed to perservere as a family, and we will continue to look towards the future as long as we're together.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!:)

Beast
11-27-2008, 08:02 AM
I'm thankful Thanksgiving for us Canadians was last month.

iGiraffe
11-27-2008, 08:27 AM
I'm thankful that ramen,anime, and manga exist.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Baka Tenshi
11-27-2008, 08:33 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!

Chocobo
11-27-2008, 08:37 AM
o_O Why is there a Thanksgiving in Canada? [I need a history lesson, then]...

Hm...I am not thankful that I have to go over to my brother's house, which is about 30 minutes away [not a far drive], and eat with 28 or more people.

However, I am thankful that my potato-loving Korean friend who is teacher first graders English in South Korea is talking to me right now [despite that it's about 11:40 PM there.]

aishiteru333
11-27-2008, 08:52 AM
I am thankful for a number of things...

Thankful that/ for:

I was finally able to confess my love to the one I love.
I finally got nominated "student of the month" at the college program.
That I got a General Lee, even though I haven't been such a good child.
That my friend moved back, closer to me, even though she is out most of the time.
That people that didn't talk to me because of people I was seeing now talk to me.
That I broke up with that person.
That my mom's car accident wasn't worse.
That I didn't get stabbed.
That I had an iPod touch.
That I will get a better cell phone than the one that got stolen.
That I'm not sick.
That my devotion to education is improving.
That prices on things are going down.
That I live closer to my boy friend.
That he cares for me so much and actually worries about my safety.
Finally, that we've been together for six months, today!

Baka Tenshi
11-27-2008, 09:00 AM
So what are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?
That I have a steady job and my life is good right now.

rikumi
11-27-2008, 09:22 AM
Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful that:

1) I get to use a heavy laptop this year.
2) music exists.
3) I became an AF member.
4) I succeeded all quests in Fable: TLC.
5) I get to play Devil May Cry 4.
6) my friend lent me PS2 Naruto Shipudden and Bleach games.
7) I get to play the Privia elec-piano at my friend's house.
8) Kanara AnM is going to launch a major project.

Other than that, I am thankful that my brother is more open-minded now, despite being anti-social for centuries ago.

gadgetgirl16
11-27-2008, 09:52 AM
i'm thankful that i have a house over my head, a family i can go to, a bed to sleep in, a computer in my room (it's old, but i'm thankful i have one) and a chance to finish high school.

Happy Thanksgiving! *hugs*

Kojack
11-27-2008, 10:40 AM
o_O Why is there a Thanksgiving in Canada?
The Thanksgiving tradition was brought up to Canada by loyalists who fled the American Revolution. Thanksgiving is not as big a deal in Canada as in the US. No Black Friday or anything-- all we have is food and the CFL's Thanksgiving Day Classic. There's no mention of pilgrims or Plymouth Rock either. It's a statutory holiday (except in NB, PEI and NS) and is on the 2nd Monday in October for a better chance of enjoyable weather, and because you guys had it way too close to Christmas.

Mayonnaise-Senpai
11-27-2008, 11:00 AM
Happy Turkey Day!!!

I'm thankful for AF and everything anime! ^^ without it... my life would be boring. :closedeye

Yuuki Kurosu
11-27-2008, 11:43 AM
Happy Turkey Day, guys!

I'm thankful for AF and for my buddies. ^^

Khanxay
11-27-2008, 11:53 AM
<3 FOOD and FAMILY.
and Gambling and Xbox 360 and Computers and little cousin's Halloween candy

Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki
11-27-2008, 12:02 PM
Ugh, I hate this holiday. However, I don't hate my friends, and my closest family lives 3000 miles away. This year however, I'm actually spending it with my friends. Every year, we've spent with my mom's friends, whom I don't mind at all. I'm actually very excited for it this year. I may not like the holiday for what it stands for, but I just love going orphan thanksgiving dinners :3.

I'm thankful for still having my life.

Anime Forum
11-27-2008, 12:05 PM
I like this holiday :3 I am also thankful for multiple things but to sum it up....

I am thankful to be alive and that I get to spend my thanksgiving with my family because that is the main purpose to thanksgiving in my eyes.

Eikoseisui
11-27-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm thankful for...

1. Being alive
2. Having a good family and friends
3. Being able to spend time with my family and friends
4. The Macy's parade rickroll that totally made my day

Miss Moonlight
11-27-2008, 12:44 PM
I am most thankful for my family, my friends, and my happiness.

Oh, and my dad's great lasanga he brought me .. it is delicious O_O hehe.

The Thanksgiving tradition was brought up to Canada by loyalists who fled the American Revolution. Thanksgiving is not as big a deal in Canada as in the US. No Black Friday or anything-- all we have is food and the CFL's Thanksgiving Day Classic. There's no mention of pilgrims or Plymouth Rock either. It's a statutory holiday (except in NB, PEI and NS) and is on the 2nd Monday in October for a better chance of enjoyable weather, and because you guys had it way too close to Christmas.

Yea, we kinda do, lol. It's fairly stressful to have all these holidays close to each other near the end of the year.

Robin Sena
11-27-2008, 12:51 PM
i can't think of anything to ba thankful for yet.

Tasuke
11-27-2008, 01:08 PM
i'm the geeky OTAKU and MR. STEREO of the family. as such, i don't have a whole lot in common with most of the extended clan. still, it's always fun to head on down to PORTLAND, OR. and see them on the holidays! now, as to what i'm thankful for, i am so very thankful for my little Shao that i just recently found!

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll310/shaorin-chan/LA%20DOLLS/MissShao11-25-08.jpg

and i'm also thankful for my mother's new hubby that is just the SWEETEST guy!! SUCH a welcome change of pace from my biological father, my mother's first husband of 35 years, that was a highly bipolar, abusive bastard that got progressively worse with age!! what i'm NOT thankful for, however, is the FOOD. c'mon, i'm fat enough already! mercy on me, for cryin' out loud!!!!

Azul
11-27-2008, 01:49 PM
I am thankful for true friends and family. I believe that one good friend in a lifetime is worth more than a million fake ones.

I am thankful that even though it doesn’t seem like it sometimes, there IS love in the world.

I am thankful that I am alive. I am thankful that I can walk and move. That I’m not in bed, ridden with diseases or worst, paralyzed.

I am thankful that I can read and write and that slavery was abolished. I am thankful I wasn’t born in certain countries where women have little or no rights at all. I am thankful that I am able to read the Bible and see for myself what it says and not have to have someone tell me what they want me to hear.

I am thankful Jamaica doesn’t have snow. That we only have hurricanes and earthquakes and no volcanoes or anything like that. Don’t think I could deal with it. I am thankful that the sun is shining even as I type this.

I am thankful Even though It Is now two months and six days since my aunt died I can finally accept that she died peacefully with a smile on her face and be grateful that she didn’t run under a car or some such horrible thing.

I am thankful the guy who stabbed my father will get his comeuppance. No good deed goes unpunished and no bad deed goes unseen. I am thankful that the one who tried to rape me will get his too. I am thankful my father is still alive.

I am thankful for all the hardships that I have faced in life. They are what made me who I am today. I am thankful that I know this now and even if given the chance to go back and change things I would give it up in a heartbeat. I am thankful that I have learnt from all of these and that my God does not give me more than I can bear. That he is always there even when I think he is not listening.

I am thankful that I was raised right. I am thankful that even though I sometimes lose faith and look at my situation and entertain certain wrong ideas on how to get out I will never do it. Thankful that I have not grown up to be a thief, an alcoholic or an even addict. Thankful that I don’t drink.

I am thankful for AF and all my buddies. Thankful that a special buddy of mine listened to my tearful PMs and helped me through all the madness that has been happening to my family in the past three months. If you’re reading this your family is very lucky to have you. When your daughter grows up she’ll have a father that I envy her for. My gratitude to you is eternal.

I am thankful lastly that there is still beauty in the world. That when I go up on my roof I can see trees and the sea. Thankful that man hasn’t completely destroyed the one thing that brings me peace of mind.

~Suleza Azulana J. W.....~

Gizoku
11-27-2008, 03:55 PM
:] Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm thankful for everything I have, and the people I've met.

Neko Victoria
11-27-2008, 07:46 PM
Happy Turkey Day everyone!!!!
I'm thankful for:

1. Af and everything anime!!!! ^^
2. That my Gramma is still alive.
3. That I'm doing well in school.
4. That everyone I know is alive and unhurt! ^_^

Beezer
11-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Happy Thanksgiving!! So full, I can barely move. I'm thankful for my family and friends. This coming year should be a good one.

Bring Me The Horizon
11-27-2008, 08:10 PM
Im thankful that I got to eat four kinds of pies

Memento Mori
11-27-2008, 08:42 PM
I am thankful for the beautiful Rickroll the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade allowed that shocked my parents and made my brother cry.

Elphaba
11-27-2008, 09:04 PM
I am thankful for my friends and family mostly.

kat_star01
11-27-2008, 11:12 PM
I am thankful that today I am not a turkey..........

Beezer
11-27-2008, 11:33 PM
I am thankful that today I am not a turkey..........

lol so true

Princely Dreaming Doll
11-27-2008, 11:39 PM
I have been telling everyone this, but I have no thanks. Why does one day of the whole year have to be you are super thankful?
You should be thankful everyday of your life.
And also that I have no thanks.
I understand humanity we always want and want. We are never truly thankful for what we have until it is taken away.
We are never happy in our lives.
Understanding this greed I have no thanks this day of the year, but I have thanks everyday of my life instead.

wowzabunny
11-27-2008, 11:41 PM
i'm the geeky OTAKU and MR. STEREO of the family. as such, i don't have a whole lot in common with most of the extended clan. still, it's always fun to head on down to PORTLAND, OR. and see them on the holidays! now, as to what i'm thankful for, i am so very thankful for my little Shao that i just recently found!

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll310/shaorin-chan/LA%20DOLLS/MissShao11-25-08.jpg

and i'm also thankful for my mother's new hubby that is just the SWEETEST guy!! SUCH a welcome change of pace from my biological father, my mother's first husband of 35 years, that was a highly bipolar, abusive bastard that got progressively worse with age!! what i'm NOT thankful for, however, is the FOOD. c'mon, i'm fat enough already! mercy on me, for cryin' out loud!!!!
OMW in nearly every thread i see this doll :D
its all over the place

Well im gratefull for
i got my 13th real cousin got born.
im gonna get gears of war 2
and i have learnt to make transparent backrounds on photoshop

anyway we dont celebrate this in South africa

jnLL
11-28-2008, 07:33 AM
happy thanksgiving:]
i am thankful for everything good that i still have in my life:D

suzumi
11-28-2008, 07:43 AM
As a Japanese citizen, I don't celebrate Thanksgiving. But I suppose that shouldn't stop me from being thankful, ne?

I'm thankful that, technically, I have everything I need. And that my family and friends are all (virtually) happy and healthy.

animegirl2365
11-29-2008, 12:44 PM
I'm thankful for my family and my friends, All the stuff I have.My house my cars.My school the grades on my report card.(becasuse I don't like my teacher)and I'm thankful for the food!^^ Yummy!

~*Red*~
11-29-2008, 01:44 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you Americans (even though we don't have it here in New Zealand).