PDA

View Full Version : Son Goku (saiyuki, Not Dbz)

Iapetus
10-28-2003, 12:08 AM
Ok, here is another attempt at a Saiyuki wall. I tried something different, and that you don't usually see in a wall (or at least that I have seen): having the image take up the whole space. My question is, does it look good? I tried adding something else, but it got in the way of his expression.

Comments, critisisms, and suggestions are all welcome.

-Iapetus

P.S. I'll post corrections up on a webpage once others put their imput in, so as to not overload the board.

INA_ctive
10-28-2003, 12:24 AM
firstly the sig and aw.com is too big for my taste XD
the concept is nice, but maybe enhancing it would make it better cause for me it's just like a very low opacity scans put on a black background.

acamori
10-28-2003, 12:24 AM
umm, no offense but it really looks like you just took a screenshot closeup and turned it over..... maybe add something small as a foreground image or something, anything more than just the full picture, maybe even just some text on the side/bottom. i dunno

Iapetus
10-28-2003, 12:37 AM
Actually, I found the image already facing this direction (upside down). It also wasn't a screencap, but I can see why you'd think it was one.

I take no offence to your comments. I put the wall up for heavy critiquing, because I knew it wasn't done. Not to mention, you said it politely, so how could I find it offensive? *grin*

I'll try to have another attempt ready sometime tomorrow.

-Iapetus

MistressPookyChan
10-28-2003, 04:00 AM
there really should be more to it, like lines or boxes (yes, boxes!!). You can keep it simple but still have design elements.

kadaan
10-28-2003, 06:13 PM
I agree with INA_ctive, the text is too much. With the main image dark and the text large and white, it looks like the main image is the background and the text is the focus.

_hades the wicked
10-28-2003, 09:27 PM
Sig and AW.com = too big...
The pic looks grainy, and the wallpaper should have more details... And the upside down thing doesn't look good...