PDA

View Full Version : Noir V.2

diablo111
10-28-2003, 12:00 AM
This is in the BETA stage...some input is needed. I don't want to go overboard with the tech, but right now it doesn't seem like there is quite enough.

Color is also an issue. I kind of like the way it is now, but does it really fit? Also it just feels...I don't know...like I've done this bg several times, like it's the same thing I've done before and nothing new :huh:

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Iapetus
10-28-2003, 12:42 AM
I think this is very nice... there is only one issue I have a problem with.

The focus (is that what you call it in this sense?) seems to be a bit much. I don't know how to describe it, but it does.

The colors blend well together, I like how you kept the background but changed the color from middle to the top and bottom.

What program did you use? I wish I knew how to do backgrounds like that...

-Iapetus

INA_ctive
10-28-2003, 04:29 AM
i think it can be done in just photoshop.
maybe you should add more saturation to the scan, it doesnt look really good.
that's my only complaints XD

diablo111
10-28-2003, 06:51 PM
It was done just with photoshop...thanks for the input guys. ^_^

_hades the wicked
10-28-2003, 09:22 PM
I think it's cool, but you should make the scan's colors more crisp, and maybe add more contrast to it... You should try my 15 min scan fixing tech... lol

setsuna
10-30-2003, 01:13 PM
Well the red definately fits with the dress, and the orange plays off of the red. I like the focus on the right.

But if you feel it is too much the same for you.. hmm.. it does look great to be honest. I'd put it on my desktop even tho I dont care for reds and oranges... so I would be biased and say change the colors to blues and purples. :P

Maybe you should go ahead and give it more of a technical feel? I know you already got a technical feel going on, but maybe amplifying it would do the trick. Or try to do something that isnt your normal style, since you feel like its all repetitive.

diablo111
11-04-2003, 10:39 PM
Here is a slightly updated version...I adjusted the levels and contrast on the main pic (I've allready "re-drawn" it). Added a little more tech. It feels finished to me...but am still open to critique and suggestion. ^_^

I'll leave the first attachment as a comparison.

Buckets
11-05-2003, 01:42 AM
Looks good. I wish I was good at tech =/
I just don't think that the text in the middle meshes well with the rest of the wall, but eh.

Spartibus
11-05-2003, 06:41 AM
verrrrry nice. in my opinion only thing that could make it better is a cleaner scan of mireille (i run at 2048x1536.. so thats why it's not as good for me lol) at a smaller resolution such as 1024x768 it looks awesome though

darkparrot
11-05-2003, 06:43 AM
very nice blending... I wish I could do that!

onslaught2029
11-05-2003, 10:57 AM
Good wallpaper. how did you do the curvy tech stuff?

omicron_15
11-05-2003, 07:55 PM
Really good, your updated version is great, good color combo, im just wondering, how do you do the gride lines that or on the background in psp?

diablo111
11-05-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by omicron_15@Nov 5 2003, 08:49 PM
Really good, your updated version is great, good color combo, im just wondering, how do you do the gride lines that or on the background in psp?
The gridlines are easy (pooky taught me how waaaaaaay back when). Just make a new pic...usually 10x10 pixels (smaller or larger depending on the grid you are going for). Zoom in to max...take the pencil tool at 1 px. and outline the area in any color you want (draw a square around the outside of the pic.). When done, go to EDIT>Define Pattern>call it what you want then click ok.

Now on your wallpaper, create a new layer, then go to EDIT>FILL (use pattern)>CUSTOM PATTERN (choose the one you made)>(you can mess around with the opacity and blending if you want)THEN CLICK OK. You should have a grid :)

EDIT>>>>DOH, not sure how you do it with PSP, but that's how I do it with Photoshop.

diablo111
11-05-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by onslaught2029+Nov 5 2003, 11:51 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (onslaught2029 &#064; Nov 5 2003, 11:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Good wallpaper. how did you do the curvy tech stuff? [/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-onslaught2029@Nov 5 2003, 11:51 AM
Good wallpaper. how did you do the curvy tech stuff?[/quote]
The curvey tech stuff...I&#39;m not that good at writing tutorials (as you can see in the above post, but I will give it a shot)

On a new layer, I choose the Eliptical Marquee tool and make a circle (hold in the shift key while you do it if you want the circle perfect (which helps here)). Once you have the desired circle diameter, go to EDIT>STROKE...I usually make it 4 px. then choose the color you want then choose for it to be an OUTSIDE stroke then click ok.

Leaving the marquee selection where it is, make a new layer. Then repeat the stroke steps above with these changes...2px. (instead of 4) and make it an INSIDE stroke...then click ok.

you will be left with a 1 px. line that isn&#39;t filled in...fill it in with the pencil tool (on the 2px. layer). It&#39;s important that you only fill in the missing space as any stray strokes will be revealed later...like so

http://diablo222.tripod.com/techcircle1.jpg

Now go back to the 4px. layer and choose the poly lasso or rectangular marquee tool and make a shape like this and hit delete...this is what you should have.

http://diablo222.tripod.com/techcircle2.jpg

Then either leave it like that or make the same cut on the opposite side of the circle.

When that&#39;s done, merge the two layers. Then you can go to EDIT>TRANSFORM and skew or distort it into the shape you want.

Hope that makes sense...there might be an easier way to do it, but this is the way I figured out how to make them.

onslaught2029
11-06-2003, 08:51 AM
Thankx for the tip, i&#39;ll try it out and see what i get.

omicron_15
11-06-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by diablo111+Nov 5 2003, 08:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (diablo111 @ Nov 5 2003, 08:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-omicron_15@Nov 5 2003, 08:49 PM
The gridlines are easy (pooky taught me how waaaaaaay back when). Just make a new pic...usually 10x10 pixels (smaller or larger depending on the grid you are going for). Zoom in to max...take the pencil tool at 1 px. and outline the area in any color you want (draw a square around the outside of the pic.). When done, go to EDIT>Define Pattern>call it what you want then click ok.

Now on your wallpaper, create a new layer, then go to EDIT>FILL (use pattern)>CUSTOM PATTERN (choose the one you made)>(you can mess around with the opacity and blending if you want)THEN CLICK OK. You should have a grid :)

EDIT>>>>DOH, not sure how you do it with PSP, but that&#39;s how I do it with Photoshop. [/b][/quote]
thanks alot diablo its cool i use photoshop mostly im so stupid I always mess up when I talk about one program, I thought psp stood for photoshop :P but i did use psp alot before i switched to photoshop.