PDA

View Full Version : After the anime. . .

FinnMacCool
11-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Often times, after an anime series ends, I'm anxious to see what happens afterwords. Because of that, I usually end up reading the mangas. But usuaully the manga and anime are very similar. For example, Naruto's manga is almost identical to the anime. Although I still enjoy collecting the mangas for my own personal satisfaction I have a question about a particular anime I've seen.

Recently, I've been seriously getting into Hunter x Hunter. So my question basically is this: Is it worth reading the manga if I've already watched the anime?

Diocletian
11-25-2008, 05:49 PM
Yes. The manga ends in OVA's & they're not complete. The series itself isn't done. I would skip the Greed Island volumes, because they are a pain. but you might like them.

rikumi
11-25-2008, 10:15 PM
Depends. Ex: FMA. You get only a piece of it if you watch the anime, so you have to read the manga, since they have different plotlines.

daft
11-25-2008, 11:08 PM
In most cases, yes. Examples: Berserk, One Piece, Rurouni Kenshin, Gantz, Fruits Basket, ect.

I've never had a case when it wasn't worth it... yet.

[BlackDeath]
11-26-2008, 12:47 PM
Often times, after an anime series ends, I'm anxious to see what happens afterwords. Because of that, I usually end up reading the mangas. But usuaully the manga and anime are very similar. For example, Naruto's manga is almost identical to the anime. Although I still enjoy collecting the mangas for my own personal satisfaction I have a question about a particular anime I've seen.

Recently, I've been seriously getting into Hunter x Hunter. So my question basically is this: Is it worth reading the manga if I've already watched the anime?
Normally I would read the manga first the watch the anime after but I have switched the order around. I would only read the manga for animes I am truly interested. For example the anime of Air Gear cuts short and adruptly ends which makes room for a sequal but doesn't. In most cases the anime ends at the end of a story arc from the manga but in Air Gear that isn't the case. I feel the same for Claymore, there is a lot more story to be told but there just isn't in anime format which is ashame as most animes suffer from that.