PDA

View Full Version : Another Kenshin Wall

acamori
10-27-2003, 06:03 PM
this is what i wanted the japanese characters for earlier, tell me what you think of it.

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/aales/Wallpapers/kenshin5-3.jpg

phantasmagoria
10-27-2003, 06:07 PM
I like the general idea and feel; the writting is good as well. I just don't like the blurry Kenshin, he just seems too blurry. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Tal
10-27-2003, 06:12 PM
i think kenshin stands out too much

too blurry to be the main focus of the wall, maybe you can make him blend in more with the bg

acamori
10-27-2003, 06:13 PM
considering what i started with (a pretty low quality screen shot) anything less would look worse. think of it as a tapestry theme sorta thing.... :unsure:

Golden Anime
10-27-2003, 06:15 PM
filter overload dude

please try to avoid using one fliter that covers the entire image, it just makes it look tacky.

lose the canvas filter and it'll look many times better
the characters need serious sharpening up aswell

however if you look past the filter, its a very well done wallpaper

_hades the wicked
10-27-2003, 09:45 PM
That's wrong man... So wrong...
Look again at what I wrote as "ken" for the kanji dude... Because that "ken" is screwed up and it doesn't look even close to the right one...
The background obviously shouldn't be light grey for that pic...
The cutout is poor and needs work... Specially around his hair.
And the canvas filter is not right... Take that off.
The text is also too big and distracting and it is too much placed to the right.
You had a nice idea but with poor execution... Spend more time thinking about what's right and what's wrong on your wallpaper while it's still on progress.

acamori
10-27-2003, 10:38 PM
ok, i've redone kenshin some and changed the bg, i think it looks much better now.

DD: i'm very sorry :( , i had a slight brain fart while copying the characters you posted for me. i've fixed it now....

i'm not sure what to put on the right, i kinda wanted it empty for the feel, but if you can think of something that would look good there, then please let me know.
(btw, this (http://"http://filebox.vt.edu/users/aales/Wallpapers/originalken.jpg) was the original shot of ken i used)

Golden Anime
10-28-2003, 03:22 PM
MUCH better, seriously dude, its at least 10 times better than before

last thing

fade the characters into the background a little more, perhaps they could be smaller and on the left side instead

acamori
10-28-2003, 03:47 PM
i've redone the characters using the website tal (i think it was him) posted, and added some other stuff, check it out. and yes it looks a lot lot lot lot better. and yes i know there's something on the bottom right corner i'll fix that when i get home, promise

Golden Anime
10-28-2003, 05:03 PM
gah, you made it better and worse at the same time

lose the big red kanji and keep the rest, then leaaaaave it :D

_hades the wicked
10-28-2003, 09:31 PM
Change that scan please... Even use a clean one with a better cutout or choose another one... The text is too distracting, and it was diablo who posted the link.

acamori
10-28-2003, 11:43 PM
fixed the kanji on the right (don't want to get rid of it completly because it's kenshin's name) and the thing in the bottom corner. i can't seem to get anything right this week...

DD: i respect your opinion that i need a different picture of kenshin, however, i'd like to keep the one i have as i like it how it is for this wall.

MistressPookyChan
10-28-2003, 11:58 PM
i dont like how the main image looks as it is... it's horrible quality. I was thinking... how about making it part of the background? like, bluring it, making it a similar color, whatever. Then, make the text more emphasised.

kadaan
10-29-2003, 03:06 AM
I like Pooky's idea. You already have some kind of fog going on in the background, make it so that he's crouching in the fog with the leaf swirl going in front of him.

Also the red text is very blocky, either make it sharper or just remove it all together.

I really like the background, is it a real picture or from the anime?

acamori
10-29-2003, 07:33 PM
ok, i must admit that pooky's idea was a good one, as much as i didn't want ken in the background(i thought it would look to empty that way) it really looks much better. I've also redone the kanji on the right and i think it looks better.
try this (http://filebox.vt.edu/users/aales/Wallpapers/kenshin5-3.jpg) if it doesn't work let me know, my picture server is being obnoxious.

kadaan: the bg is a picture i found on google of some woods, i just changed the color to be more fallish and blurred it a little, i used the same pic in another wall i mad of inu yasha (original was green btw)

MistressPookyChan
10-29-2003, 11:58 PM
really nice! how about adding a bit of fog in the top left?

AznAnimeFreak
10-30-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Sephiroth@Oct 27 2003, 07:02 PM
I like the general idea and feel; the writting is good as well. I just don't like the blurry Kenshin, he just seems too blurry. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
me either

acamori
10-30-2003, 12:30 AM
i've redone the fog, there's a little more in the left corner, but i was trying to make it look like the sun is shining through the fog there (the bright spot on the bg) if you still think it needs it let me know. here's the link (http://filebox.vt.edu/users/aales/Wallpapers/kenshin5-3.jpg) again.

phantasmagoria
10-30-2003, 08:32 PM
Well, this is starting to get better. I would make Kenshin just a little less transparent, not much, just a little.

acamori
10-30-2003, 11:58 PM
ok, i think i've finally got this one to it's finished version (see top) thanks for all your input, i'm still not all that great at making walls but i'm working on it

phantasmagoria
10-31-2003, 08:10 PM
Hmm, not perfect but it's way better than it was at first. Good work.