PDA

View Full Version : Name Just ""one""

rEikAbLeU
11-22-2008, 06:45 AM
im sure all of us have and still is watching lots of animes...
if there has been any like this MODS kindly just delete this thread but if this will be allowed my question is...

can you name ONE, just ONE, anime that you like the best and why?

me, it'll be Detective Conan (Case Closed), i just love the way the story goes...

it may not be super different from others, but i find it really exciting and good... and i also love the way they put the investigation at work... i just really love adventures and detective stories, that's another reason why i really like this anime...
^.^

how about you?

~reikableu

Amarhyllis
11-22-2008, 08:50 AM
It's really hard to choose just one. Lol.
Let's see...

I would have to say Initial D.

I love the story (a boy who's been drift racing since he was around 13 and he didn't even know it and everyone wants to race him now ><) I'm waiting for 5th stage to come out and I've seen everything else.

One of the things that attracted me was the music. It's what got me into Eurobeat. I loved the soundtrack so much that I ordered the box-set OSTs.

The animation is pretty good, I liked the 1st stage animation more than the newer style (like in 4th stage and such). It's pretty old (late 90s) but it's still awesome.

If anyone hasn't seen it, please give it a shot.

Bring Me The Horizon
11-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Its easy for me Busou Renkin!!! my top anime of all time I just finished it yesterday it beats all others. I like it because it has awesome battles and there wasnt any fillers also the plot was wicked good

Tasuke
11-22-2008, 10:50 AM
Ai Yori Aoshi. THE perfect romance...

Leleiron
11-22-2008, 10:52 AM
I have to say... If its an anime thats series is over and done then, It would probably be Fushigi Yuugi.
That was really sad and happy and so many obstacles that made me go crazy!
Its kind of old but I still like it very much ☆ミ(o*・ω・)

Kojack
11-22-2008, 11:21 AM
Golden Boy. It's the only anime that I refuse to delete from my computer and the only one (other than Hellsing) that I have watched multiple times. Six episodes of gold.

_Freddie_
11-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Well that's hard, I usually classify my favorites by genres and producers, but if my memory of anime was going to be erased, and I could only remember one, I'd have to go with Code Geass.

SigmaSD
11-22-2008, 11:32 AM
I would have to say DBZ simply because it got me interested in anime. If it wasn't for this show, I wouldn't have even been here.

Amray The II
11-22-2008, 03:20 PM
"X" has always been my favourite anime.

The reason is simply because I adore the animation and plot, I love the cast of characters (it has one of the best casts), it is extremely epic, funny but is also really upsetting, it has violence, romance, and an amazing soundtrack.

Diocletian
11-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Gravion. The great punk anime features was amazing.

iGiraffe
11-22-2008, 03:43 PM
I think I'm gonna have to pick Paradise Kiss.

the anime and manga were so interesting to me, I just really like that story.

Beezer
11-22-2008, 03:59 PM
This is a tough one. I'm gonna go with Trigun. I love how each episode is a good mix of comedy, drama and action.

boo radley
11-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Eureka Seven. The presentation was great.

Lady Edani
11-22-2008, 05:51 PM
basilisk! there's no other anime out there like basilisk! there was so much blood and get fighting sences.

Android 19-90
11-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Law of Ueki.

110% Original in character-types, presentation and storyline.

Famahama
11-22-2008, 08:56 PM
Golden Boy. It's the only anime that I refuse to delete from my computer and the only one (other than Hellsing) that I have watched multiple times. Six episodes of gold.
The manga is full of win too

Eureka Seven
Love the character designs, love the plot, love the music, love the battle sequence, love the storyline

It's my special drug-o-joy
(and one of the only mecha animes I liked)

-|[Frank]|-
11-23-2008, 01:13 AM
Just one? umm....i'd say Samurai Champloo. Nice blend of comedy, drama and action. and i love the soundtrack!

rikumi
11-23-2008, 04:22 AM
Code Geass. It's by far the most perfect mecha & apocalyptic genre anime I have ever watched.

[BlackDeath]
11-23-2008, 05:48 AM
Code Geass, first season more than the second.

A anime where the protagonist actually thinks, well thought out strategies and a very deep and intriguing story. Plentiful amounts of mecha action. The soundtrack doesn't disappoint one bit by keeping up to the standards of everything else having fitting instrumentals and some perfect songs for those emotional scenes. Animation quality maintains a high standard throughout the show too, great character development over the course of the anime.

fyereen
11-23-2008, 02:36 PM
fate stay night... =] the storyline was interesting...

LittleGirl
11-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Alright, I'm going to say Card Captor Sakura. It's what got me into anime. I used to watch it in english when I was younger, and found it this year in japanese, and absolutely loved it.

FaeryTaleAngel
11-23-2008, 08:20 PM
~*~**Everyone**~*~

I am going to have to go with Ranma 1/2 by Rumiko Takahashi. I love it! I tend to like the older Anime and Manga series though. I just love this one, it has loads of humor (to last a lifetime and beyond), action, drama, romance, and you never get tired of watching it. I like watching Anime's in Japanese though. It makes it much more appealing, besides, that way it isn't as edited as the American versions. But I definitely recommend everyone seeing this Anime. The Mangas are excellent as well.

^-^' =] =D :heart: <3

Tsuki.
11-23-2008, 08:34 PM
InuYasha.
I like the story line I guess.
I don't know why I like it so much, maybe it's the characters . . .
I just do.

Anime Forum
11-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Bleach simply because that anime's storyline has always dragged me into watching more and more. I wish I could pick more than one but since I can't Bleach wins this one.

MoroDashi
11-27-2008, 10:06 PM
School Rumble!
It's hilarious! And, the storyline keeps me wanting to know more. It's creative too! (Example- Tenma was too scared to go outside of the girls toilets, due to her crush who was standing outside. So she used those suction things to climb down 30 ft.)
It's awesome : D

October.
11-27-2008, 10:21 PM
i think i'll say Cardcaptor Sakura, it's so interesting and makes me want to watch it always.

Princely Dreaming Doll
11-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Code Geass. It's by far the most perfect mecha & apocalyptic genre anime I have ever watched.

Absolutely incorrect. Code Geass cannot win against my all time favorite series. I watched the old and I watch the new of this series.
And its the Gundam series.
Gundam rocks.

CrystalAce
11-28-2008, 01:46 AM
Well, I'll say Ghost In The Shell:Stand Alone Complex.2nd GIG. Just like the way the story develops and the seriousness of the characters. The graphics are also good . Actually, it's quite a serious anime and I just love the way it is.
http://www.animeforum.com/image/thum_180406492fa1ba56831.jpg (http://www.animeforum.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=38740)

wowzabunny
11-28-2008, 01:55 AM
well i have only watched to animes so far, and thats dragonball z and eureka 7.
but im currnetly watching Naruto and its the best by far!
i love ninjas (i have my own set of shurikens)
its humourous and has action and is aimed at teens

thesaint
11-28-2008, 02:21 AM
That is a difficult question!

I would have to say Akira. To this day I think it is an excellent abstract piece of art that still keeps me wondering if I fully understand it.

Honestly there are too many series/moves to say. From Noir to .Hack to Ranma to NGE....I love too many :)

.Lovebeat
11-28-2008, 05:25 PM
I really wish to say Code Geass. Every Sunday is Code Geass Sunday. But no. I can't call it my favourite anime ever because I CANNOT REWATCH IT. I know how things will end, Code Geass can't excite me. When it was new for me it excited me to no end, the twists and action was amazing and I really liked the OST and animation. Story was so nice and the ending was so well-planned and figured out (in my opinion).

So I'll have to say Ouran high school Host club. I can rewatch it many times and it will still make me laugh. The animation is nice, the guys are hot, the music is so sweet and it's just the type of comedy I like.

Memento Mori
11-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Cowboy Bebop.

All the characters (except Julia) contribute to the story very well, the action isn't overdone, and the story isn't predictable.

kimbeey13
11-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Baccano! The story was all over the place, but that's what I liked about it. I liked many of the characters and the action was good, I also like how every time-line connected in some way. It's probably going to be my number one show for awhile.

Orca
11-30-2008, 03:21 AM
Right now it's Katekyo Hitman Reborn
I like the whole mafia aspect of it all.
>>;
But that is slowly changing to Eyesheild 21
Since I like football and its' a goofy footbal manga

ahlun
11-30-2008, 05:12 AM
This isn't just the one! Because many other anime sit on the pinnacle for me. But the most noteworthy to me is Honey & Clover. The only anime that has actually moved me to reflect on life. I could truly feel the experiences they went through. It left me smiling for the next few weeks.

But it was also notable to me for the animation they had, the music that fit perfectly, the powerful symbolism they created, and the openness of life's unexpected turns. And, importantly an original creative way to end the series. Yet it still revolves forever.

Kalila Chan
11-30-2008, 06:19 AM
Hmmm i gotta say Naruto. The storyline is great and its full of action, drama and comedy. Has a host of interesting characters too.

suzumi
11-30-2008, 06:29 AM
I would have to say Honey and Clover. The art was beautiful. The cast was great. And the soundtrack matched perfectly as well. But the main thing I liked most about it was that the characters were all so human. They they didn't have any special powers and they didn't have to save the world. Which is all great and entertaining. But at the end of the day, I prefer watching something with a bit more substance.

I loved the fact that the problems the characters faced were things that we have to deal with in everyday life. And it was nice to see them stumbling through them, the way that we do.

And the ending was epic. ^^

Souji Seta
11-30-2008, 09:19 PM
hmm, what a hard question! Hmm, I wanna say Initial D or Wangan Midnight. Or maybe Nabari no Ou.

Hmm, I guess, I'll settle for Bleach. Because I don't need to rewatch it if I want to see it again. New episodes every week! hehe. Well, the same goes for Naruto but I'm not really much of a fan of it.

I also like the fight scenes! Yeah! Zaraki Vs Nnoitra!

Hamashimura
12-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Easily the Monster...

The reasons are many,but to summ them up:
- anime runs on the edge of reality
- mostly all events can actually happen
- storyline is full of twists and mistery
- very high psychological level,so you can't just sit and watch it mindlessly
- very interesting presentation

etc.etc

Miss Moonlight
12-02-2008, 08:49 PM
I am so very unoriginal, but it is the truth:

Although I don't watch anime anymore, I do have to say bishoujo senshi sailormoon, for the nostalgia (it was my first anime, and i've been a fan since 95), and well, although i've seen other anime, it still remains my favorite because of the characters and, stories, and illustrations. As if it wasn't obvious already, lol.

blue_wingz
12-07-2008, 09:50 AM
dmc. its really addictive i rkn.

sarcastinated
12-07-2008, 10:25 AM
I would define my favourite anime as one I could watch over and over without getting sick of. That being said, I love Excel Saga. Because I don't understand most of the cultural references it feels utterly random and fun (and probably still is utterly random even if I understood the references).

Emergency food supply!

rikumi
12-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Absolutely incorrect. Code Geass cannot win against my all time favorite series. I watched the old and I watch the new of this series.
And its the Gundam series.
Gundam rocks.
I have rewatched the GUNDAM Seed and 00 series, also the old ones about more than 4 times, nonetheless the dialog & action never really did excite me when I rewatched it, though the first time with awesomeness. So I stand with CG, vice versa.

The Nightingale
12-11-2008, 07:34 AM
Ok ok...uhm Loveless!

The story is very original & romantic, very sweet and still full of action :]

It's by far my favorite.

ManTaip
12-11-2008, 07:38 AM
Elfen Lied. The one of the best plots ever. Anime not-to-good, but the manga is perfect. <33

chuunin7
12-11-2008, 10:35 PM
dmc. its really addictive i rkn.

I'll say Devil May Cry too.. The graphic, the animation, the characters, all of it is the best ever. I've never seen any anime match with that quality.. And the dubber? It's all suit the character, especially when I watch the english dub..

Brandandy
01-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Project A-ko. It was my first anime, and it will always be my favorite:)!

Elphaba
01-03-2009, 11:29 AM
chibi vampire because i love vampires and that story has a twist.
that was hard

Kobarokawa-San
01-08-2009, 12:36 PM
for me itīs Clannad

and i think ManTaip is right about Elfen Lied. The anime is not so good when compared with the very well made manga. the plot is fantastic

JIMBO.
01-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Fist of the north star (Hokuto no ken)

I just like gore watch any episode and you get gore nuff said

Akito0o
01-08-2009, 01:47 PM
The Neon Genesis of Evangelion! I'm surprised to be the only one so far that thinks so. So many reasons why I love it,

-Animation:It was never over the top, with crazy bright colors and big eyes and huge breats But at the same time it kept the whole fun anime aspect to it.

-Characters:It had some of the most interesting and complex characters ever created, and all the main characters have fully explained back stories.

-Story:One of the most interesting and original stories ever created. Never again have i seen a story that comes close to copying it.

-Music: It had a mix of classical music and newer action music

-The Eva units: Living creatures, that are covered in Armour so that their pilots can control them. Made from Angles, help fight angles that god send to earth to destroy it.

Sashikizu
01-09-2009, 12:09 AM
Yea, I'm going to have to go with Code Geass. Both seasons were just pure amazing, and I was heart broken when it finished, staring there jaw dropped at the screen screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO in my head... yea, I was out of it for a few days after that.

little miss sunshine
01-09-2009, 04:58 AM
It was a tough call to pick between Fruits Basket and Code Geass.
But I enjoy comedy more than serious plots, so it's Fruits Basket for me!
=)