PDA

View Full Version : SOTW #30 Theme

Ωmega
11-20-2008, 10:48 PM
Signature of the Week #30 Theme

Theme: Endorsement

For this theme, you will need to include a company logo, product or mascot in your entry. It must be -visible- as well. It can be in the bg or the focus, that's up to you. It must also be a well known company such as Coke, Pepsi, Ipod, Dell, Converse, Sketchers, Xbox, Wii, PlayStation, whatever you like.

ENTRY INFORMATION

1) The signature must not be larger than "500x160" and no smaller than “350x90”. Any signature over the limit in either direction will be disqualified.
2) Animation may be used provided its size does not exceed 1MB
3) Check with MaruDashi if you are unsure about "appropriate content" for this contest (E.G. no ‘H’ based images or anything too ecchi)
4) All entries MUST be in by 19:00 GMT (non-adjusted) Thursday, November 27th, 2008
5) All entries MUST be have “Animegalleries.net” on your entry signature. Entries that do not have this will NOT be part of the competition unless edited.
6) By entering, you are giving ‘Animegalleries.net’ irrevocable right to use your entry through site promotion and so on (Artists will still be credited).

RULES

1) You are only allowed to enter a signature that has been created by YOU and has not been used in any other competition or posted anywhere else on the internet. The signature should be made specifically for use only in that week's competition. Participants are entitled to submit ONE signature per competition. Any entry that has been ripped/stolen will be immediately disqualified.

2) Any reference to subjects like missed deadlines, entering, not entering, are NOT tolerated. It provides a clear indication of who may (not) be involved in the competition, while potentially 'giving away' entries. Disclosure of signature author, be it yours or another participants, will result in BOTH signatures being disqualified from the competition.

3) All comments regarding the SOTW competition should be made in the Theme Topic. Should you have any concerns or queries after the topic closure please contact Serated.

4) You are responsible for your entries arriving to MaruDashi. Maru is not responsible for your entry not following any of the above rules or not following the theme. Your entry will be deleted without notification, so it is always good to double check your entry.

All entries and participants must abide by the aforementioned rules otherwise risk having their entry disqualified (incl. late or do not follow criteria of the theme).

All entries must be PMed to Maru by November 27th, all entries sent after will not be entered. Please label your message ‘SOTW #30 Entry.’

Hautalken
11-22-2008, 04:27 AM
I feel a little odd about this theme. To use a company's logo here means to advertise without permission; and this just seems all illegal to me...

Famahama
11-22-2008, 04:52 AM
... we're already using some stock images without -direct- permission xDD
Anywho, I kinda agree with Karuto there.
(but who the hell says we can't use YYAs' logo! 8D)

Oh, btw,
SOTW #28 in the post =P

UrusaiSevera
11-22-2008, 07:12 AM
I think this challenge is more about, how to creatively use a logo. And to make something unexpected from something we are so used to seeing one way.

Basically, it shows how creative you can actually be.

LovePhoenix
11-22-2008, 10:31 AM
Hmm, can we use an anime's logo?

Ωmega
11-22-2008, 11:20 AM
Hmm, can we use an anime's logo?
Can you post an example?

I feel a little odd about this theme. To use a company's logo here means to advertise without permission; and this just seems all illegal to me...
There are multiple wallpapers made where a stock is picks, blacked out, and a fake iPod is added. Like I said, it can be the logo, the product, or a mascot. You could make a Mario sig and it would count, since Mario is the mascot of Nintendo.

FluffyDango
11-22-2008, 12:13 PM
Do AnimeOne have a logo?
Or dattebayo?
Their pretty known subbers right.

Is carbrand allowed?

Ωmega
11-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Do AnimeOne have a logo?
Or dattebayo?
Their pretty known subbers right.

Is carbrand allowed?
Car logos, yes

Dubbers, no

Id prefer legal companies o_O;;

FluffyDango
11-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Car logos, yes

Dubbers, no

Id prefer legal companies o_O;;

Ok

Ok

*cough* Fan subbing isn`t illegal :P

Ωmega
11-22-2008, 01:10 PM
Ok

Ok

*cough* Fan subbing isn`t illegal :P
I know its not legal, but they arent an official business or company. Its a group of people who fansub over anime. They cannot legally sell their fandubs. I have a list of acceptable companies, so it should be obvious that a fansub group is not up to par with a company like Pepsi.

Let me put it this way, the theme of endorsement is like in the movies. You have to be able to dish out a good chunk of money to have your products shown in the movies, same applies here. I highly doubt dattebayo can shell out a million dollars for an endorsement.

Big companies plz

LovePhoenix
11-23-2008, 09:41 AM
I mean like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/76/ShuffleTitleLogo.jpg

Or this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/94/NavelLogo.png

Or this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a3/ReallyReally.png/200px-ReallyReally.png

Ωmega
11-23-2008, 11:19 AM
Well, Im gonna have to say no. Mostly because its not popular world wide. To me, it just looked like nice typography. If I were to pass by an ad with it on the street, I wouldnt think that it was the logo.

Attached is an idea of what you can do, and two stocks you can use, both containing Coca Cola logos [belt for the guy, face paint on the girl]

Hope that helps everyone a bit =3

-extractions by yours truly-

Remember, this doesnt -have- to be an anime sig. There are tons of nice model stocks out there with similar themes to the stocks I attached.

Jose
11-23-2008, 01:35 PM
Now I see why Serated usually uploads some stock with each theme thread, the theme seem pretty straight forward to me, but I guess some people need their hand held =/

So Maru, basically it's okay to take a random stock and blend in an international well know logo onto the signature??? [Yes three question marks]