PDA

View Full Version : Finially Its Back! Behold My New Wallpapers

Golden Anime
10-27-2003, 02:13 AM
hurray!
the first 2 of these wallpapers are extremely touched up versions of walls currently on the site, i spent weeks redrawing the images ^_^;

heres my #1 wallpaper i need stuck on the site :D
http://hstrial-ganime.homestead.com/files/Belldandy1024.jpg

Narusegawa
http://hstrial-ganime.homestead.com/files/Naru1024.jpg

Shinobu
http://hstrial-ganime.homestead.com/files/Shinobu1024.jpg

i have 1600x1200 versions of these if anyone wants them

~ Golden Anime - [email protected]

MistressPookyChan
10-27-2003, 02:26 AM
those look very good. nice and crisp! Keep up the wonderful work!

spike_mindlesskorn
10-27-2003, 04:20 AM
I think that WP is great! I would love to have the picture in 1600 x 1200. that would be great for my trinitron! :D

The Great Conspiracy
10-27-2003, 10:17 AM
Those WPs are really great. The bgs are nice (especially the one of the Belldandy WP) and I love the character pics.

Nothing more to say.

Tal
10-27-2003, 10:18 AM
they look ok

i just dont like that shinobu one, doesnt seem to fit

ownerizer
10-27-2003, 12:45 PM
well, I don't know really what to say.....

The Belldandy one, the main image is too big, the icons will conflict with it.

The Naru and Shinobu one, the backgrounds have no relevance to the image as a whole. It's like the ricer racer cars that are green with purple hoods, it just makes no sense. The blue is a nice color, but there is no blue anywhere else in the image whatso-ever. And the background looks like greasy oil, like what you'd see after you fried bacon.

Golden Anime
10-27-2003, 03:21 PM
i never thought it looked like greasy oil..
its a fractal image

and also the backgrounds arent supposed to have anything to do with the image, i made them blue with a white flare because it makes the picture look "sunny" if you will.

i guess the first one is designed for people with very few icons like myself :)

ownerizer
10-27-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Golden Anime@Oct 27 2003, 04:16 PM
i never thought it looked like greasy oil..
its a fractal image

and also the backgrounds arent supposed to have anything to do with the image, i made them blue with a white flare because it makes the picture look "sunny" if you will.

i guess the first one is designed for people with very few icons like myself :)
I don't have any icons on my desktop at all. I turned them off because they're annoying. So what's your point?

Golden Anime
10-27-2003, 05:14 PM
-_-

try reading
my point was that i designed it for people with few icons!

why are you bitching about conflicting icons when you dont even have any?

phantasmagoria
10-27-2003, 05:23 PM
Boy, can't you just feel the love in this room? Calm down, their only wallpapers. Anyways, I think they look alright. And as for the icon dispute here, I've never really had a problem, but that's just me. So if it interferes with your icons, use another wallpaper. Simple as that...

Gestahr
10-27-2003, 05:42 PM
It's what he does.

_hades the wicked
10-27-2003, 09:56 PM
Sephiroth: Man you gave the light they needed! Simply change the wallpaper... God that was the smartest thing I've ever seen someone saying around here when someone starts fighting over a wallpaper, no joke dude! XD

Now onto the wallpapers.
The Belldandy one has indeed a huge subject pic. The colors fit well and it's nice, but it's not like many people would have that as a wallpaper (yes, I did read your post OK?) even if having only a few icons, because it's very distracting as it is, but overall it looks good, and the pic looks really great. Clean and well cutout.

The Naru one shouldn't be blue... And the background looks like something very eyecandy... Again, wonderful extraction and pic res, but the background color isn't really good with that pic... Maybe a faint yellow or some tone of red... Also, I've seen a Naru wall on AW that looks a lot like that one...

The shinobu one the blue works well, but maybe change the style of the background to something more smooth and childish, since that's what would fit her better I believe.

ownerizer
10-28-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Golden Anime@Oct 27 2003, 06:09 PM
-_-
why are you bitching about conflicting icons when you dont even have any?
see, now you tell me who's background looks better, I made that wallpaper myself, and if you look, it's posted in the AW.com archive. Not everyone has their icons turned off. You need to think about the average Joe when making these.

MistressPookyChan
10-28-2003, 03:56 AM
the fighting stops now. if you want to argue, take it to PM <_<

Don&#39;t worry about a large subject matter. Did you see my most recent Kanon one? Everyone likes a different type of wallpaper. Just because one person may not like your style doesn&#39;t mean everyone will hate it. There is something out there for everyone.

ownerizer
10-28-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by MistressPookyChan@Oct 28 2003, 04:51 AM
the fighting stops now. if you want to argue, take it to PM <_<
oh well, gotta do what the mod says. I guess it&#39;s fun until Pookers says I can&#39;t do it anymore.

Golden Anime
10-28-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by DarK DeatH@Oct 27 2003, 10:51 PM
Clean and well cutout.

heheh, not cut out, completly re-drawn in flash

behold
*points to attachment*

(sorry pooky, just gotta say this)
owner: you just stuck a bunch of manga together, yes, very impressive. :rolleyes:

kadaan
10-28-2003, 06:05 PM
I love wallpapers with large subjects, but as slides for my slideshow screensaver instead of as wallpapers.

Gestahr
10-28-2003, 06:50 PM
Golden, you might wanna look into Illustrator. You can do vector stuff that looks more polished in the end.

Golden Anime
10-28-2003, 07:47 PM
i have illustrator, i like it as much as i like Macromedia Freehand, which isnt very much

ive gotten so used to vectoring things in flash i dont think i can change, i even have 3 different methods for producing 3 different styles of vector

the one i used in the belldandy one above is single layer, everything is just done on the one layer and doesnt really look very good when you zoom in, then theres multilayer like my Narusegawa one, looks alot more polished at higher zoom and the lines dont appear to be joined when they shouldnt be

finially theres one which doesnt appear here which is double line multilayer, basically i draw around every line and fill it in with black to create the outlines, its 5 times the work but give a nice inked feel to it: *points to attachment*

(that image is large sized but its only 73kb)

ownerizer
10-28-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Golden Anime@Oct 28 2003, 04:06 PM

(sorry pooky, just gotta say this)
owner: you just stuck a bunch of manga together, yes, very impressive. :rolleyes:
I thought so. It took me time to scan, all the images and arrange them into something I was happy with. It&#39;s a lot more original and took more creative effort than you&#39;re filter clicking.

Golden Anime
10-28-2003, 08:47 PM
filter clicking my arse, the only filter in those 3 wallpapers combined is the lens flare and layer effects for the text

dont make me show you my ultimate vector drawing.. i&#39;ll do it, i swear i will

_hades the wicked
10-28-2003, 09:18 PM
badword&#33; Stop you two right now&#33; I think Pooky said that already before, so just stop it.
And Golden: Man you gotta be crazy to redraw all of your pics before using them x.o Ever tried Corel Draw? My brother can do really cool stuff with it.

kadaan
10-29-2003, 03:02 AM
But with vector graphics you have a lot more flexibility... you could cut and combine multiple images and change curves MUCH easier than with a rasterized image. With a big enough library of vector images you could just create your own poses and not scour the &#39;net for one you like :). Also vector graphics can be scaled with zero quality loss.

Golden Anime
10-29-2003, 04:37 AM
finially someone who knows what a vector is O_o

i usually have to spend hours explaining to people why i do it :D
good show man

phantasmagoria
10-29-2003, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by MistressPookyChan@Oct 28 2003, 04:51 AM
the fighting stops now. if you want to argue, take it to PM&nbsp; <_<
I don&#39;t really know if it&#39;s a good idea or not but on one message board I was on they had a specific thread just for ranting/disputes. That way nobody saw the argument unless they wanted to, and it didn&#39;t take up space on the other threads. Well, just a suggestion.

Golden Anime
10-29-2003, 03:14 PM
and arguing over PM is boring, cause nobody gets to see it :(

INA_ctive
10-29-2003, 11:28 PM
and arguing over PM is boring, cause nobody gets to see it
lol XD
anyways where&#39;s the fast reply feature?? it was such good feature to remove :(

Golden Anime
10-30-2003, 05:08 PM
looks like they&#39;ve just upgraded the site, probably havent re-installed it yet