PDA

View Full Version : Saiyuki Wall (1024x768)

Iapetus
10-27-2003, 01:52 AM
Well, the topic description pretty much sums up my question. Is there beauty in simplicity? Well, sometimes there is, but is it here? This is my most recent wall, and I am eager to get it up on AW because there aren't too many Saiyuki wallpapers out there.

Any comments or critisisms are appreciated.

-Iapetus

Edit: I took the pic down in favor of my makeshift web page (http://forbiddengarden.scriptmania.com/hakkai.html), so you guys can continually see my various attempts. More about what changed below.

Tal
10-27-2003, 10:28 AM
mmmmm i think you can find a better color for the bg than that imo

phantasmagoria
10-27-2003, 05:28 PM
It looks good to me, but I would work with the bg a little.

diablo111
10-27-2003, 08:49 PM
Not a bad wall at all really...simple, but good...maybe try a different color on the character?

_hades the wicked
10-27-2003, 09:26 PM
It's nice and simple, but the font has some jagged edges and maybe you could use a monotone?

Iapetus
10-27-2003, 10:25 PM
Thanks for all the imput, you guys have really pointed out some things that I have missed. (This is one reason I'm sooo glad the forums are back.)

Some issues with the picture: it was originally black and white. I have been experimenting with different colors, but the black, grey, and white have a nice sort of charm that I like. I will still try, though.

-Iapetus

Iapetus
10-27-2003, 11:34 PM
I put the second and third attempts up - check this link (http://forbiddengarden.scriptmania.com/hakkai.html) to see them. Forgive me for the plain design of the website and the popups, I wanted to get this up so I didn't clutter up this thread too much. I also wanted to make it easier on those with dial-up.

Dark Death: What did you mean by monotone? I'm not familiar with that ability on PSP. What does it do? (hey you learn something new every day...)

Thanks again for the comments. I await your opinions on my current trials...

-Iapetus

diablo111
10-27-2003, 11:55 PM
The first version out of the three you made still looks the best...try keeping the bg color the same and maybe give the charcter a bluish-grey hue...just enough so he comes out of the bg.

Iapetus
10-28-2003, 12:32 AM
Ok, here is another option. I'll post it on my little wallpaper site in the morning. Until then, you can look at it here.

-Iapetus