PDA

View Full Version : Do you think you could smash this?

Bring Me The Horizon
11-15-2008, 10:01 PM
Do you think u could smash this if u saw it in ur house http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9164/jsalpuged3iasg5.jpg

Diocletian
11-15-2008, 10:02 PM
I am made of muscle so yes. One pinky and it's dead.

Konata Izumi
11-15-2008, 10:06 PM
No, I wouldn't want to anyway it would dirty my hands. I'd get a can of bug-spray.

Anime Forum
11-15-2008, 10:08 PM
I would not smash it with my hands because that would be gross. I would just use bug spray like Konata Izumi said. Or I would smash it with a glove on if I had no bug spray.

Palindrome
11-15-2008, 10:08 PM
No. God no. I hate spiders and I'm 90% that's a spider or at least a cousin of one. I would seriously call someone over and force/bribe them into killing it for me.

Dr. Hax
11-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Ouch, the Brown Recluse Spider.

The spider whose bite causes your skin and muscle to be eaten. Goody...

I'd be scared to no end of such a lethal breed of spider. It's a good thing I'm in the Northeast. The Brown Recluse Spider dwells in the Southern U.S. It's bite is not nearly as potent as the Brown Recluse Spiders in the Philippines.

International 4-8818
11-15-2008, 10:10 PM
i won't just smash it. I will make it my ^%^%# and DESTROY IT!

Bring Me The Horizon
11-15-2008, 10:10 PM
I am made of muscle so yes. One pinky and it's dead. dude it runs at 15mph and is 6 inches long and can jump like 4 feet it will eat ur pinky

No, I wouldn't want to anyway it would dirty my hands. I'd get a can of bug-spray. and proly puff ur bug spray then eat u

Diocletian
11-15-2008, 10:12 PM
dude it runs at 15mph and is 6 inches long and can jump like 4 feet it will eat ur pinky

and proly puff ur bug spray then eat u

Cool story bro.

Still I can kill it by looking at it. Peet at the How manly are you thread.
Does it eat Fiber One everyday? No.

International 4-8818
11-15-2008, 10:13 PM
dude it runs at 15mph and is 6 inches long and can jump like 4 feet it will eat ur pinky

that's what she said?

Konata Izumi
11-15-2008, 10:15 PM
and proly puff ur bug spray then eat u

That's when bribery comes in handy.

Renegade of Life
11-15-2008, 10:17 PM
I would go for the closest hammer, and CRUSH IT TO OBLIVION!
(medium blacksmith's hammer, wielded by a wild arm, is not responsible for any property damage that probably will result from killing said spider.)

Alternate weapon: Tennis Racket. Harder to miss with that, though not nearly as much destructive potential either it is less likely to go clean through the wall.

Bring Me The Horizon
11-15-2008, 10:18 PM

I'd be scared to no end of such a lethal breed of spider. It's a good thing I'm in the Northeast. The Brown Recluse Spider dwells in the Southern U.S. It's bite is not nearly as potent as the Brown Recluse Spiders in the Philippines. Ah yes the Brown Recluse Spider is a fearsome one but this is a Camel Spider or wind Scorpion they arent actually spiders solpugid so like super spiders almost

Palindrome
11-15-2008, 10:21 PM
Ah yes the Brown Recluse Spider is a fearsome one but this is a Camel Spider or wind Scorpion they arent actually spiders solpugid
...aren't those the ones that, like, carry off babies in the desert?

Dr. Hax
11-15-2008, 10:22 PM
Ah yes the Brown Recluse Spider is a fearsome one but this is a Camel Spider or wind Scorpion they arent actually spiders solpugid

Ah, I have been deceived!!! It's all good though. People need to stay on their toes when it comes to the Brown Recluse Spider, especially people in the Philippines. The bite is much more lethal there.

There are articles stating asking which of the two following spider's is deadlier: The Brown Recluse or the Black Widow?

Kojack
11-15-2008, 10:29 PM
I would throw bugspray cans tied to sledgehammers at it until it died. Insects are my arch enemies.

Bring Me The Horizon
11-15-2008, 10:29 PM
I would say its a tie because the Black Widows only have the women who are poisonous so thats a 50% chance of being killed by them but at the same time if u r bit by one you wont know it and will most likely die. Then there is the Recluse also if bitten u wont feel it, but dont attack unless mad plus it has only been several deaths most by children under the age of seven so Im gonna say its a tie

gadgetgirl16
11-15-2008, 10:30 PM
hmmm, i've never see them type of spiders around here. but if i ever come across one, i'll kill it with a heavy metal object.

Yue Ookami
11-15-2008, 10:57 PM
Dude...Whiskey Tango Foxtrot..That's weird..

Omega Z
11-15-2008, 10:58 PM
To be honest I will run outside my house screaming like a girl.

Masali
11-15-2008, 11:11 PM
Of course, I'd smash the crap out of it. I despise bugs, if I see one in the house I kill it immediately with my bug-smash-o-matic aka my hardback copy of The Deathly Hallows.

law~
11-15-2008, 11:22 PM
ugh >.< I would laugh and scream and yell at my bf, brother or whoever is home to come and kill it.... I would just run away ^-^

LittleGirl
11-15-2008, 11:26 PM
No, I would probably just cry and run away. Pathetic, but after reading these posts this spider sounds scary. :(

SigmaSD
11-15-2008, 11:53 PM

What a wuzz. I am scared of spiders as well, but I wouldn't scream. I would probably leave it alone. As long as it stays away from me.

Sanosuke X
11-15-2008, 11:55 PM
Do you think u could smash this if u saw it in ur house http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9164/jsalpuged3iasg5.jpg

What is it?....I would use bug spray on it.

Lady Edani
11-15-2008, 11:57 PM
i wouldn't even get near it, i'd run away. let my brother take care of it...he would throw it on me. that would suck even more!

Manhattan_Project_2000
11-16-2008, 12:07 AM

I'd be scared to no end of such a lethal breed of spider. It's a good thing I'm in the Northeast. The Brown Recluse Spider dwells in the Southern U.S. It's bite is not nearly as potent as the Brown Recluse Spiders in the Philippines.
First, that's not a brown recluse. It's probably a Trapdoor Spider because it has the 2 extra feeding grabbers that resemble legs.

Second, just so you know tests have never shown Black Recluse venom to contain necrotoxins, and their bites have never conclusively been shown to be necrotic, although necrosis is possible from any small wound. Regardless, the majority of brown recluse bites are harmless, and much of the garbage surrounding them is urban legend and fabrication.

Also, as this spider is a trapdoor spider, it is extremely unlikely that he'd be hanging out in your house.

I would say its a tie because the Black Widows only have the women who are poisonous so thats a 50% chance of being killed by them but at the same time if u r bit by one you wont know it and will most likely die. Then there is the Recluse also if bitten u wont feel it, but dont attack unless mad plus it has only been several deaths most by children under the age of seven so Im gonna say its a tie

Black Widows aren't particularly aggressive either, and their bites only tend to be fatal in small children and the elderly. So I'm not sure where you got the 50% thing, but I'm assuming since it is a figure on the internet you made it up.

Bulf
11-16-2008, 01:06 AM
Of course I could! I'd smash it with my pure manliness, or with the power of Nintendo! But I'd probably be too scared to. :x

mrak
11-16-2008, 06:51 AM
No,I'd run away. It's so yucky.

doomboy536
11-16-2008, 06:55 AM
I'd probably just leave it be, after all I bet it's more scared of humans than we are of it, though if needs be I'd smash it with whatever comes to hand.

3pleT
11-16-2008, 07:18 AM
most spiders are harmless, kinda cool and get rid of insects. why the hell would anyone be scared of them? in fact, their bites are usually less harmful than those of insects. now do your kids a favor and buy them a pet spider, so they can beat this senseless phobia early on.

Dr. Hax
11-16-2008, 07:20 AM

Both the Brown Recluse and the Black Widow will bite when instigated. Only the females bite though.

LadyAmy
11-16-2008, 07:31 AM
I would not smash it with my hands because that would be gross. I would just use bug spray like Konata Izumi said. Or I would smash it with a glove on if I had no bug spray.

I agree.:D

loveyourfate
11-16-2008, 07:38 AM
Leather boots with steel tips should do it. It's been a long time since I put those on but since this thread asks so nicely ;) . Just let it try and eat me, I'll kick it to pieces ... :p

Artcell
11-16-2008, 08:56 AM
even if i could i wouldn't,it's so gross and would make my hand dirty.

jtdlives
11-16-2008, 09:15 AM
I just shoot it with the raid can with the long spray ability. That way I can sniper it. Its dead and it doesn't even know I'm around.

wordfarer
11-16-2008, 09:39 AM
They call them camel spiders because they eat the stomachs of camels.
• They attach themselves to the under belly of camels and lay eggs under the skin.
• They can traverse desert sand at speeds up to 25 miles per hour, making screaming noises as they run.
• They can jump 4 to 6 feet straight up in the air.
• They will chase you down like a hungry lion.
• If they bite you, the flesh and muscle fall off, leaving a hole.
• They are venomous, and their venom contains a powerful anesthetic that numbs their victims (thus allowing them to gnaw away at living, immobilized animals without being noticed).

That is intense--
These are all myths. They had me freaked out for a minute. Everyone loves monster stories don’t they? The reality is:
Awww, not intense?
I am in a contract alliance with the spiders (hopefully my imagination extends to the spiders understanding) :unsure:

wowzabunny
11-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Ill stomp on it , gears of war style

Beast
11-16-2008, 09:51 AM
If my aim was that good I'd put a crossbow bolt through it.

mrak
11-16-2008, 10:01 AM
They call them camel spiders because they eat the stomachs of camels.
• They attach themselves to the under belly of camels and lay eggs under the skin.
• They can traverse desert sand at speeds up to 25 miles per hour, making screaming noises as they run.
• They can jump 4 to 6 feet straight up in the air.
• They will chase you down like a hungry lion.
• If they bite you, the flesh and muscle fall off, leaving a hole.
• They are venomous, and their venom contains a powerful anesthetic that numbs their victims (thus allowing them to gnaw away at living, immobilized animals without being noticed).

Disgusting.

Pseudonym
11-16-2008, 10:06 AM
Yes, I could smash it but I prefer not to.

I would rather keep it in a container (e.g. a jar) and perform experiments on it. x)

Dxon
11-16-2008, 11:45 AM
I would get a glass jar and put it outside. I'm not going to kill it. It's so cool! I like spiders. :)

Khanxay
11-16-2008, 02:11 PM
Ill stomp on it , gears of war style
In that case, I'll chainsaw it with my golden lancer.

~Yachiru~
11-16-2008, 02:19 PM
~I don't know if I could D: I would try my very best to try and smash it but I would try~

Kitanoru
11-16-2008, 02:29 PM
If it were me it would be dead in seconds flat. I would take either a book to it or a towel and tell myself "Mission Accomplished!" Ha ha! No way would I touch that thing with my hands - blech! (not a huge fan of insects) I don't mind looking at them but when it comes to encountering them when they are on me - that's the end of that insect. It went to far and well... suffered the consequences. - ha ha!

Manhattan_Project_2000
11-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Disgusting.

You did read the part where he says that those attributes are all exaggeration and/or lies, right? Camel Spiders have no venom, and are pretty fast for land insects (10 mph). But the only danger from them is getting a nasty non-venomous bite that could get infected if left untreated.

mrak
11-16-2008, 02:38 PM
You did read the part where he says that those attributes are all exaggeration and/or lies, right?

Of course. But just the image that gives me inside my head is disgusting. Anyone who read The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka will know what I'm talking about. *shivers*

Diocletian
11-16-2008, 02:45 PM
i wouldn't even get near it, i'd run away. let my brother take care of it...he would throw it on me. that would suck even more!

Jeff Hardy can so smash that. W/ one sneeze.

Manhattan_Project_2000
11-16-2008, 09:15 PM
Of course. But just the image that gives me inside my head is disgusting. Anyone who read The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka will know what I'm talking about. *shivers*
The only thing really relevant to The Metamorphosis I can think of is changing into a man-sized Camel Spider, which would be awesome. I'd fight crime by running at criminals at high speeds and biting off their arms.

Acnologia
11-16-2008, 10:26 PM
Camel spider! >:

I HATE those things. Now normally you wouldn't expect someone from Australia to be afraid of spiders (we have HUGE ones) but those things FREAK me out. They are also really huge, so yeah, no squishing for me, I'd probably faint. x_x

Beezer
11-17-2008, 06:59 AM
I HATE spiders. Normally I'd attempt to smash the damn thing but my friend told me a story once that has me creeped the heck out. He once stomped on a spider thinking it was dead. Next thing you know all these lil baby spiders come out from under his feet. After hearing that I always get worried about smashing spiders.

Kazuma Kuwabara
11-17-2008, 07:19 AM
No, I never kill spiders. Some huge ones live in my attic eating mice, and killing them isn't like killing roaches or ants which don't really think for themselves, they merely react to their environment like robots. Spiders are a bit more intelligent, so I don't just squash them because I don't like them. If I were trapped in the desert and I needed to eat one to survive, I would, but to just kill one for no reason doesn't make sense to me.

Amarhyllis
11-17-2008, 07:54 AM
OMG, I would grab a shoe (or whatever I could grab)...and go to town on it.
I would kill it and it would be dead.

rpgwiz99
11-17-2008, 01:21 PM
Easy, I would just grab the nearest large blunt object like I would do with any bug.

blueangel06661
11-17-2008, 03:37 PM

I would too!!!

But, If i had to do something.. I'd get a heavy object I have no use for and slam it onto it... THEN run away screaming.. and get someone else to clean it up while I'm safely sitting outside in the car.

Baka
11-17-2008, 06:39 PM
I am able to smash it but I wouldn't go anywhere near it so I guess I can't smash it.

~luchia~
11-17-2008, 07:25 PM
I would run..and scream..and call for help..<<;
I can't even hit it with something because I am so terrified of them..

rpgwiz99
11-17-2008, 07:25 PM
I HATE spiders. Normally I'd attempt to smash the damn thing but my friend told me a story once that has me creeped the heck out. He once stomped on a spider thinking it was dead. Next thing you know all these lil baby spiders come out from under his feet. After hearing that I always get worried about smashing spiders.

you would rather have all the babies plus the mother spider running around the house?

3pleT
11-18-2008, 03:11 AM
come on people, you wouldn't really kill this little guy
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9283/hsp92200ys7.jpg
...or would you?

Khanxay
11-18-2008, 05:22 AM
come on people, you wouldn't really kill this little guy
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9283/hsp92200ys7.jpg
...or would you?
If any bug/house pest touches any of my video games, music CDs, DVDs, or reading material, it will meet the largest Boot of Retribution + 8 ever seen.

.Lovebeat
11-18-2008, 01:53 PM
No! ^__^
I'd run out of my room, call my friend, ask him to get here and either kill it or take it SOMEWHERE.

Amray The II
11-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Why, my dear friend, ofcourse I could.
I can smash anything, from washing machines to those really thick Vodka bottles.

The only thing that I cannot break is my PSP, due to the simple fact that I just cannot bring myself to do so.

lady_jesika
11-20-2008, 03:04 PM
holy..o.o...sunofa...o.o...wow! um..n-no..i'd have someone do it for me

Kawairashii hikari
11-20-2008, 03:08 PM
EW! No I would not be able to smash it because i'm too much of a scaredy cat when it comes to spiders, or any bugs to get close to them so I can smash them. But then again... I wouldn't want it crawling around my house and me not knowing where it is... HMM... Well I'd probably just lock myself in my room after I saw it and but a blanket under the door so it wouldn't be able to get in. Lulz. ^^;

Hysteria
11-20-2008, 04:30 PM
Psh, I could squish it.
I ain't afraid of no bug.
>/

Gizoku
11-21-2008, 11:40 PM
I'd shove the thing in a cell-preservation liquid. A spider like that's too cool to kill, but too dangerous to keep alive xD

rikumi
11-21-2008, 11:43 PM
I would even smash a lion. Therefore yes, unless I am not in the mood or I am a saint.

Leleiron
11-22-2008, 12:03 AM
ugh, spiders are the most weirdest "things" and that one is just friggin' huge!!!
might as well grab a shoe and beat it till its dead...

*Tsuki*
11-22-2008, 12:18 AM
How the heck did it get in the house?
If I saw it, I would freak out and hop on the thing that's farthest away from the ceiling. Then watch it while screaming for someone to kill it.
thinking about how big that thing is . . . I would not smash it because all of my things are too valuable to get spider guts all over. One time, I saw a spider, but was too afraid to get it, and I didn't want to smash it (too afraid of guts) so, I grabbed a bunch of crap, circled the crap around the spider, and ran out of there to get my dad so he could get it. It wasn't the smartest idea, but it had more sense then what I usually do, jump up on anything that's near and avoid the floors as I get out of the room. I will do this even if it means climbing on things and crap. I'll even through things on the ground to make a path to the door. It's stupid, I know, but I still do it because I'm afraid if I don't, it'll race across the floor and attack my foot or something. Spiders scare the life out of me and it's best for me to avoid them or i loose all my brainpower and focus on getting out of the room without touching the floor.

Yugure's Goddess
11-22-2008, 12:26 AM
uhh... I could if I wanted to, but I'm one of those weirdos that freaks out when people try to kill bugs. However, given the look of it, it's probably fairly dangerous so, that'd be reason enough for me to transcend my pity of lesser creatures. It's called the shoe-flyswatter-sink-scalding hot water combo. It's a tough combination to overcome.

love
dani
dude

Dxon
11-22-2008, 05:19 AM
No, I never kill spiders. Some huge ones live in my attic eating mice, and killing them isn't like killing roaches or ants which don't really think for themselves, they merely react to their environment like robots. Spiders are a bit more intelligent, so I don't just squash them because I don't like them. If I were trapped in the desert and I needed to eat one to survive, I would, but to just kill one for no reason doesn't make sense to me.

And now you're talking. I mean srsly. Spiders are not scary and infact. They are useful to us. Because I kill pests and vermin, that's why. You better pick the spider up and put it somewhere where it can kill some pests and vermin.

mississippibaby
11-22-2008, 10:23 PM
that would be a no i dont do bugs i would have to call my brother or something spiders scare me but if no one else in the house can kill it i guess i would have to step up and kill it myself very violently

Aulos
11-22-2008, 11:44 PM
*shivers*

OMG... that thing is like so creepy... :o

I'd probably get shoe... I mean I don't like killing anything but if that thing were to touch me, I have no clue what would happen to me... Just the picture of it is freaking me out... >.<

zyronet
11-22-2008, 11:58 PM
I'd ask my brother to smash it or.. grab a broom and throw it outside.

LizaLiza
11-23-2008, 03:05 AM
Camel spider! >:

I HATE those things. Now normally you wouldn't expect someone from Australia to be afraid of spiders (we have HUGE ones) but those things FREAK me out. They are also really huge, so yeah, no squishing for me, I'd probably faint. x_x

OMG, THAT is the reason why I will NEVER be moving to Australia: Big. Big. Spiders. And I think there was this one bird that terrified me...I don't remember its name.

For once, I am happy that I am living in America...because I am away from the big big spiders. All I have to deal with is daddy long legs where I live, and other little house spiders (I'm still afraid of them though...slightly).

...Anyway. I probably wouldn't be able to kill it. Camel spiders are faaassttt from what I've seen, and plus...I'd be standing there frozen with pee-pants.

MoroDashi
11-23-2008, 03:11 AM
Ugh! That thing is hidious! Sorry : ) But it is! Anyways, I would run off and call for my dad... : D

Finvarra
11-23-2008, 01:49 PM
*Points at Bug*
Shadow! Go get em boy!

Eikoseisui
11-23-2008, 02:49 PM
Ewww....

I would take a sledgehammer to that thing. D:

OminousCloud
11-24-2008, 02:07 AM
In all honesty I'd probably let out an "Argh" before I decide to attack it with something. If it's on the floor, it'd get the stomp if it's on the wall I'd whack it with something. Either way it'd perish.

mrak
11-24-2008, 01:34 PM
---------------- Now playing: Louis Armstrong - What A Wonderful World (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/louis+armstrong/track/what+a+wonderful+world) via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

The only thing really relevant to The Metamorphosis I can think of is changing into a man-sized Camel Spider, which would be awesome. I'd fight crime by running at criminals at high speeds and biting off their arms.

Well, yeah. Reading that... It was disgusting. I though in various moments of just leaving the book. I hate bugs. The thought of a giant one in the bedroom... Yuck. :ninja:

The Ultimate One K Dash
11-24-2008, 01:43 PM
of course i can smash that. pssssh >>

Elphaba
11-24-2008, 01:48 PM
no, i would not.
i would run away as fast as possible.
i hate bugs.