PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving 2008

Baka
11-13-2008, 02:49 PM
What are your Turkey Day plans??? Are you staying at home or going some where to eat???

I am going to stay home and cook dinner and watch football. Most of my family will go to my cousins house. She always has a big dinner but all of her friends will be there and her friends are the gossipy drama types.

Amarhyllis
11-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Oh I can't wait for Turkey Day! I'm going home to my Momma and Poppa's house and having a cajun one like every year!
Gumbo, jambalaya, stuffed bell peppers, stuffed crab, boiled shrimp by the truckloads and cajun turkey and green bean casserole and ...

my stomach just growled...

Fiery
11-13-2008, 03:53 PM
My mom and I will probably order Chinese food, like last year.

law~
11-13-2008, 03:57 PM
probably...mom and I are going shopping ^_^

Anime Forum
11-13-2008, 04:02 PM
I am going to have some friends and family over and we are going to be eating Turkey/Stuffing/Mashed Potatoes/Cranberry Sauce/Etc

SigmaSD
11-13-2008, 05:31 PM
No one in my family likes turkey, so we never have Thanksgiving. We're either going to stay at home and do nothing, or we're going to have a party with lots of alcohol. I don't drink, but it's funny to see the "adults" get drunk and act stupid. Plus, it's a nice way to get some free cash. I just hope that they decide not to buy a cow head if we do have a party. (Yes, that's right, my family likes cow head. Everyone from my generation doesn't).

Diocletian
11-13-2008, 05:41 PM
My mom and I will probably order Chinese food, like last year.

Same here. It sucked last year. Well, it was Chinese food and a chicken, but still.

I'm fasting since this time we got a turkey. Fifteen to Twenty pounds. That broke our bank, but we aren't buying a turkey for Christmas so we're good.

tenzo_groupie
11-14-2008, 04:16 AM
Ive always wantd to sit at a Thanksgiving dinner but sadly b/c of where Im from, we dont do it.

lovelicious
11-14-2008, 09:30 AM
Ive always wantd to sit at a Thanksgiving dinner but sadly b/c of where Im from, we dont do it.

same here, too. I wished I could have the chance to ever experience the event.

Tasuke
11-14-2008, 09:36 AM
Oh I can't wait for Turkey Day! I'm going home to my Momma and Poppa's house and having a cajun one like every year!
Gumbo, jambalaya, stuffed bell peppers, stuffed crab, boiled shrimp by the truckloads and cajun turkey and green bean casserole and ...

my stomach just growled...

oh, that sounds good!! i LOVE cajun hot wings!!

Robin Sena
11-14-2008, 10:14 AM
Me and my mum and dad will motor to my sister's for turkey. Only I don't think Thanksgiving and football (American that is) go together.

honeysenpai17
11-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Buy Turkey from Boston Market so we don't have to cook a wholeturkey for at least 3 hours in the oven

-akichan-
11-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Well, me and my family will be taking my boyfriend to Vancouver for TOEFL testing at UBC during the Thanksgiving weekend, which is sad. But me and my family will be able to shop there and spend lots of money. And we all are going to have dinner together. It's sad that my boyfriend is taking a test during that weekend.

Inferno Alchemist
11-14-2008, 11:43 AM
Just what does it celebrate? We don't have it here.

Saint Seiya
11-14-2008, 11:56 AM
nothing really, its a normal day to me, i dont celebrate it plus i hate turkey lol

Mayonnaise-Senpai
11-14-2008, 06:53 PM
Just what does it celebrate? We don't have it here.

It celebrates the day the Pilgrims settled in Plymouth, Massachusetts and they had dinner with the Native Americans that lived there. Or something like that. We learned about the Native Americans at the beginning of the school year this year.

Thanksgiving dinner is at my house this year. Oh boy... *rolls up sleeves* I probably got brownies and cookies duty. -.-"

My dad also suggested getting tickets to the Eagles game that day. I said, "OH HEEEECK NO!" I didn't actually say that but that was my answer. I hate football with a passion.

Bring Me The Horizon
11-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Idk proly visit my dad and his replacement son and wife -_-" but i think i might stay on campus this year idk

El Wiseguy
11-14-2008, 06:58 PM
I love Thanks-gibbin' <3
But... Oh snap, I've no idea what I'm gonna do! O_O

jtdlives
11-14-2008, 07:00 PM
I'll go to my mother in law house and have a regular Thanksgiving dinner and watch football, and later that night we'll go to my wife dads for Thanksgiving and eat a lot of leftovers while playing cards. Then we'll go to bed early so we can get up at 4:00am and go Christmas shopping. Go out to lunch and come home and take a nap.

Diocletian
11-14-2008, 07:32 PM
It celebrates the day the Pilgrims settled in Plymouth, Massachusetts and they had dinner with the Native Americans that lived there. Or something like that. We learned about the Native Americans at the beginning of the school year this year.

Thanksgiving dinner is at my house this year. Oh boy... *rolls up sleeves* I probably got brownies and cookies duty. -.-"

My dad also suggested getting tickets to the Eagles game that day. I said, "OH HEEEECK NO!" I didn't actually say that but that was my answer. I hate football with a passion.

And then Manifest Destiney came along and we killed most of the Native Americans and the Pilgrims lived happily ever after, until the Great Depression.

El Wiseguy
11-14-2008, 07:40 PM
I love realism~ <3

Lola Granola
11-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Celebrating my birthday and eating amazing hybrid dinners of Asian and old fashioned American Thanksgiving dishes.

-Kitsune-
11-14-2008, 07:58 PM
My mom and I are going to cook thanksgiving dinner together, as usual. We're going to have my older step-brother, his fiancee (Who's expecting a baby in a month!), and my mom's boyfriend who's coming up from Texas to visit.

rdgn265
11-14-2008, 08:12 PM
i'm going to my aunt's house

Negi
11-14-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm going over to my mother's best friend's house, I believe.

gadgetgirl16
11-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Thanksgiving is my fav. holiday of the year! every year, my younger sister and i help my mom make the turkey dinner. it dosn't get too crazy here, it's mostly laied back. i just hope that some people will be able to make it that night. *sweats*

Lady Edani
11-15-2008, 07:59 PM
i have to go see my family, a whole room of rednecks( and i do mean that in the best way ) the only good thing is my b-day is a day before there will be gives. i like the food too.

Aleyna
11-16-2008, 03:01 AM
My 18th birthday is on Thanksgiving this year. So my relatives on my dad's side are going to come over and stuff themselves. Afterwards, I will get to blow out my candles on a pumpkin pie, and receive presents. ^^

MissAstaire
11-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Since my family is a southern family, we have a big thanksgiving every year. My dad deep fries cajun turkeys, my mother makes the cranberry sauce, stuffing, deviled eggs, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes. And I make the mashed potatoes, pumpkin/apple pies, eggnog, and cider. We usually have it at home rather than at family in another state's houses.