PDA

View Full Version : Religions

Yue Ookami
11-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Alright, i'm not trying to turn this into a bad thing, so please people, no dissing other people's religion. If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask. But don't start a huge argument.

I was wondering, what's your religion? Have you ever experimented with any before you found one you like?

Me, i'm Wiccan. I experimented with a few, but after my friend introduced me to Wiccanism (?) i realized that the religion went by a lot of stuff that i believed.

DOOM!
11-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Me, i experimented a lot of stuff. But my friend induced me into the Satanic Cult. I think i'll stay satanic for awhile.

Alycursed
11-13-2008, 03:02 PM
To my parents I guess Im Catholic.
To me, I don't have one.
Some friends of mine are Wiccan and they would talk about it and teach me things.
I think it's something I'd like to get into. :]

Inn@ni>
11-13-2008, 03:11 PM
Personally, I don't have any religion. I just couldn't imagine God like person, if we are talking about Christianity. My parents and my "Grandmother" are Catolics though.

Amarhyllis
11-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Well, I was raised Catholic but a few years ago I switched to Atheism. I found it a lot easier this way to be honest, lol. My parents don't know that I don't believe and only a few people do know. Maybe they'll know one day.

Anime Forum
11-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Not to offend any religious people on AF but I don't believe in any gods nor religion so I am an Atheist. I'm not really the type that would go to church and stuff like that.

zorarock
11-13-2008, 03:54 PM
I have no religion but I believe in GOD

Aulos
11-13-2008, 05:21 PM
I've been a Christian of some kind (I don't remember what denomination it was.), a Methodist, an Atheist, an Agnostic, and now... I'm... I don't know.

I've found a reason to believe in God again, but I like to not follow the Bible so closely, and think that God does not condemn people for a lifestyle they couldn't even choose.

_Freddie_
11-13-2008, 05:22 PM
I am a follower of Tao.

I've read two translations of the Tao Te Ching by Lao Zi, and it's a very comfortable religion for me.

Diocletian
11-13-2008, 05:23 PM
Barlogian. I and my four cleric sons have started it. We will go to the promised land someday. And how many religion threads does AF have?

SigmaSD
11-13-2008, 05:24 PM
I'm guess I'm sort of Christian, but I never go to church, of condem people if they go against the bible. I guess the only christian thing I do is pray before going to bed, and after eating a meal.

Miss Moonlight
11-13-2008, 05:28 PM
I was born Catholic, now I consider myself agnostic.

LittleGirl
11-13-2008, 05:28 PM
I don't belong to any religion. I'm agnostic.

rEikAbLeU
11-13-2008, 06:16 PM
well, i was born a Roman Catholic, but somehow, i wanted to be either a Wiccan or a Buddhist....

Manhattan_Project_2000
11-13-2008, 06:33 PM
N/A, but I pretend to be Pastafarian, Joe Pescian (not to be confused with Pescitarian (http://vegetarian.about.com/od/glossary/g/Pescatarian.htm)) and/or Discordian when I feel like it.

SGI
11-13-2008, 06:41 PM
N/A, but I pretend to be Pastafarian, Joe Pescian (not to be confused with Pescitarian (http://vegetarian.about.com/od/glossary/g/Pescatarian.htm))

The Church of Joe Pesci is a wonderful church. Have a barking dog? Pray to Pesci and he'll sort that baby out with a baseball bat.

-akichan-
11-13-2008, 07:08 PM
Alright, i'm not trying to turn this into a bad thing, so please people, no dissing other people's religion.

That will never happen. According to my experience with this kind of thread and the people I've met from sensual topics like this, there are a few endings, either closed, or people having problems with different religious views then start to flame each other. =\

Anyway, I'm a Christian, and I'm not born in Christian. I accepted the Lord as my saviour when I was 13. And I'm happy living with the Lord for the rest of my life on earth and til eternity. <33 And I know for sure that the one I believe in is not a religion. Amen.

Saint Seiya
11-13-2008, 07:13 PM
i believe in god, but i dont believe in religions :]

SGI
11-13-2008, 07:20 PM
I'm happily Agnostic.

I was Christian, but my time in a Christian High School completely turned me off those beliefs.

Diocletian
11-13-2008, 07:23 PM
I'm happily Agnostic.

I was Christian, but my time in a Christian High School completely turned me off those beliefs.

To add to that, I never understood why I had to eat the body of Christ and the blood of Christ. I am not good enough. Plus, I have broken most commandments more than once, and going to church would make me a hypocrite. I like to worship God in a place where I'm not a hypocrite AKA my house.

International 4-8818
11-13-2008, 07:29 PM
Born and raised christian. that is how i do it.

Memento Mori
11-13-2008, 07:35 PM
I believe in God and I believe Jesus was his son.

But I do not follow the Bible, and can't decide whether I'm Catholic or Christian. I just want to be a good, God-loving person.

Christians and Catholics. Both of them have their highs and lows. And both of them have extreme lows. So, I'unno.

KuroTan
11-13-2008, 10:52 PM
I practice Roman Catholicism. Of course, when I say practice, hm.. It's like when I say I'll practice my piano assignments a week before the next lesson, but then cram it in two hours before the lesson starts.

Or something like that

Manhattan_Project_2000
11-14-2008, 01:04 AM

But I do not follow the Bible, and can't decide whether I'm Catholic or Christian. I just want to be a good, God-loving person.

Christians and Catholics. Both of them have their highs and lows. And both of them have extreme lows. So, I'unno.
Deciding between Catholicism and Protestantism is easy: Take this one question quiz and find out!

"Do you Believe the Pope is literally a descendant of Peter, and do you believe that he therefore has great authority given to him by god through virtue of that bloodline is indicated by a few lines of the Bible that could very well be figurative (assuming of course that there is a grain of truth there in regards to Jesus being a prophet or better)?"

If the answer is yes, you are Roman Catholic. If the answer is no, you're not.

Memento Mori
11-14-2008, 05:15 AM
Deciding between Catholicism and Protestantism is easy: Take this one question quiz and find out!

"Do you Believe the Pope is literally a descendant of Peter, and do you believe that he therefore has great authority given to him by god through virtue of that bloodline is indicated by a few lines of the Bible that could very well be figurative (assuming of course that there is a grain of truth there in regards to Jesus being a prophet or better)?"

If the answer is yes, you are Roman Catholic. If the answer is no, you're not.

I don't know if I should believe that or not. Give me a minute...

Not a Catholic. ):

Brewmaster
11-14-2008, 06:59 AM
I believe in nothing.It is as simple as that.So i guess I'm an Atheist or whatever.
I have seen quite a few of other religions and none interest me.It is all the same to me.
For my parents well mom is Orthodox and my dad is similar like me.He is even worse.Lol try talking to him about religion and you will see.

jnLL
11-14-2008, 07:36 AM
I am a Roman Catholic,and I believe in God. But I don't really practice it. (That means not going to church -_-)

Manhattan_Project_2000
11-14-2008, 08:22 AM
I don't know if I should believe that or not. Give me a minute...

Not a Catholic. ):
Actually, it's an entirely accurate description of one of the major reasons Martin Luther broke away. The Papacy claimed authority through being one of Peter's descendants, and therefore if you didn't follow what the Pope says Peter (who apparently holds the keys to heaven) won't let you in heaven. Protestants found some scripture that they used to claim that if you Accepted Jesus Christ as Your Personal Savior™ you'll get into heaven anyway. Although a lot of Catholics think that nowadays anyway.

Kojack
11-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Was raised Catholic, but it didn't stick with me. Now I'm Atheist and just good for goodness' sake.

Dxon
11-14-2008, 09:00 AM
I'm an atheist. Pretty self-explanatory.

lovelicious
11-14-2008, 09:12 AM
I'm a Roman Catholic. I used to go to church every Sunday when I still lived in my native country. But now.. It's very hard to keep the habbit as all my friends in school don't believe i God.

ai_frostbite
11-14-2008, 09:17 AM
im an agnostic...
but i was raised from my grandma to follow hintoism(?)
and i beleived that for a while...
but my friends were saying thats weird
so i dont really know what to believe anymore.
i just repect others religons..
^.^

Yue Ookami
11-14-2008, 01:34 PM
Wow. Some of these religions that were mentioned (Like Tao(Spelling?)) i've never heard of. Lol. They sound fun though. I must look into them!! -runs off to some random site-

Lady Edani
11-14-2008, 01:37 PM
i don't believe in any thing really..

Bring Me The Horizon
11-14-2008, 01:40 PM
I was raised Christian but im not really feelin it so ill see where the wind blows

Eris
11-14-2008, 01:45 PM
I am an ordained minister of the Church of the SubGenius. I worship money, believe in UFOs and praise the AK-47 toting Fightin' Jesus. I also have my own SubGenius sect with one member (me) called Church of playing golf with machete decapitated shrunk yuppie heads.

I'm also the founder of the Church of the Ps/2Huang.

I am also ignostic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignosticism) (that is not a typo) and theological noncognitivist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theological_noncognitivism).

Yue Ookami
11-14-2008, 01:51 PM
I am an ordained minister of the Church of the SubGenius. I worship money, believe in UFOs and praise the AK-47 toting Fightin' Jesus. I also have my own SubGenius sect with one member (me) called Church of playing golf with machete decapitated shrunk yuppie heads.

I'm also the founder of the Church of the Ps/2Huang.

XD Very nice. I want to switch religions now.

Baka
11-14-2008, 01:53 PM
I wanna join The Jedi Church.

LINK (http://voize.my/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1754:jedi-church-the-star-wars-religion-wtf&catid=82:none&Itemid=89)

Yue Ookami
11-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Lol. Yes. My dad would love that. He's a really big Star Wars fan.

I think i may be the only Wiccan on here. Lol. This is kind of funny/not funny.

I didn't realize there wer so many religions though. (especially Sire Evers awesome religion) I guess i really do have to look into this stuff though.

But i also found out, that you can make up a religion based on anything as long as it has beliefs, good intentions or what not (in other words, other people have to believe in it.) and other stuff like a symbol.

My freshman year in high school (when i started experimenting) a friend of mine and i decided to make our own religion. we called it, Taconism. Our symbol was a taco and we believed our higher being was a taco. It lasted about 2 days. We had about 6 or 7 other people join it (they thought it was a joke) and it was actually kind of fun. Then we realized it was kind of stupid so we disbanned it and went "hunting" you could say. It was fun though.

lady_jesika
11-14-2008, 02:00 PM
i couldnt find one i liked, well, wiccan came close but i found that i couldnt really commit to it and i didnt want to be atheist (no offense atheist peoples) so i just...made one up hehe ^^;
and whos to say im wrong? i could have found (and by found i mean made up) a really good religion. it even has a cool name, Leviathanism, and though some people like to belive it its not satanism -.-

Yue Ookami
11-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Sweet. At least i'm not the only one who made a religion. Lol.

SSDynamite
11-14-2008, 02:22 PM
I belong to a Catholic church and school, but I'm agnostic (unsure whether there is a God or not).
I am glad I was raised in a religious environment because it gave me the option of believing and belonging to a community etc. (not to say there aren't communities that don't revolve around religion) Now I'm learning about how/why things are this way in religion and I find it really interesting.
Also, if I meet someone who is also a Catholic and we end up getting married then I won't have to be baptised into the church before doing so.
But I've decided not to get confirmed until I'm sure I believe in God, because otherwise the vows I make wouldn't be valid and I feel that's unfair to the church.

LittleGirl
11-14-2008, 05:47 PM
I just finished watching Zeitgeist, and I am convinced I will never belong to a religion. I don't know how accurate it is, but has anyone seen it? What are your thoughts on Part 1?

El Wiseguy
11-14-2008, 06:07 PM
I'd say Pagan because it sounds cool, but that would imply that I actually believe in a God. :\
So atheist maybe.

_-Midnight-_
11-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Taoism is pretty good

El Wiseguy
11-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Taoism is pretty good

Lol, you tryin' to convert me? :laugh:
*Goes and googles Taoism*
I think you just did... ;o

Lil' Blue
11-14-2008, 06:19 PM
well i dont think i can top Dr.McDoom!: Reloaded ,but my religion is Juggaloism.i know ya'll heard of us.ICP,Kotton Mouth Kingz,Twiztid.

-akichan-
11-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Taoism is pretty good

As far as I know, Taoism is not a religion. It is a belief system emphasizes balance between opposites. =]

El Wiseguy
11-14-2008, 06:35 PM
As far as I know, Taoism is not a religion. It is a belief system emphasizes balance between opposites. =]

In other words, a religion.

-akichan-
11-14-2008, 06:45 PM

Aww underlining my word is so rude =[

Ok then lets say it is a religion, but it is a belief system that has no God <3

╬Karami Mew~Meow
11-14-2008, 10:43 PM
I'm Roman Catholic. I actually get offended/pissed when someone totally n00bie trying to shiz all over my religion, or any religion. [Like my cousin. Piss me off all the time. Times I wanna murder someone]

Palindrome
11-14-2008, 10:51 PM
I'm...something vaguely Christian-ish. I was raised Roman Catholic but there's too much that doesn't make sense in my head there. Anyway, I believe in a God that created the world, but doesn't really interfere with things. He made a system of life that evolves and works so perfectly on it's own that there's no need for interference, that's the real miracle. I believe in reincarnation too.

_Freddie_
11-14-2008, 11:04 PM
Aww underlining my word is so rude =[

Ok then lets say it is a religion, but it is a belief system that has no God <3

I am a follower of Tao.

Some people say Tao is a philosophy, others say it is a religion.

But true followers do not try to define Tao, we just accept it as the natural flow of all things. It is undefined, and everything.

-akichan-
11-14-2008, 11:50 PM
I am a follower of Tao.

Some people say Tao is a philosophy, others say it is a religion.

But true followers do not try to define Tao, we just accept it as the natural flow of all things. It is undefined, and everything.

Well, that's what makes me so confused. I've studied Chinese history and even the teacher couldn't define that either 100% philosophy or a religion. Some people who are followers of Tao says that it is just a natural beliefs, and some says that it is a religion.

Acnologia
11-15-2008, 12:25 AM
Catholic. But I don't talk about god or the church.

Faceless111
11-15-2008, 04:10 PM

Christians and Catholics. Both of them have their highs and lows. And both of them have extreme lows. So, I'unno.Catholics are Christians... You mean, Catholicism or Protestantism.

Anyways, I don't follow any religion. Those that know me know I was once a Protestant. I once believed in the Bible and all its fantastic lies. And while I retain my belief that God exists (I attribute this to the relentless optimism that I can't kill within myself), I don't worship him. In fact, it'd be more accurate to say that I don't like God. I'm very apathetic about him as he seems to be towards humanity. I don't blame the bad things in life on God, but I don't credit him for the good things either. I didn't blame him for my dad's death, but I could really feel his absence so I lost my faith in him as a competent deity.

Eris
11-15-2008, 04:27 PM

A religion is a belief system that includes some sort of deity. A belief system without a deity is a philosophy.

gadgetgirl16
11-15-2008, 05:09 PM
deleted. sorry, dubble post. *sweat*

gadgetgirl16
11-15-2008, 05:11 PM
i'm a christian.

I do believe in God and Jesusis my savior. but i don't go to church. i used to awhile back till my family stopped. I did tried to come back a few times, but I feel misplaced or odd when i'm there.
I still believe, but i guess not really the church going type. -_-

loveless girl
11-15-2008, 08:31 PM
im an atheist i dont belive in any god it's defined as the absence of religion
people find different resons to choose there religion for me it's just that i need hard evidence to belive in anything

Diocletian
11-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Remember kids below 18: Saying you're atheist or don't believe in God, doesn't make you look cool! Admit it if you are, and if you really aren't Godspeed You Black Emperor!(It's a band google it)

Manhattan_Project_2000
11-15-2008, 11:00 PM
I disagree. Athism is pretty cool. I mean, come on... Dawkins is a dreamboat.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/Manhatten_Project/Dawkins_at_UT_Austin_2.jpg

Yue Ookami
11-15-2008, 11:11 PM
XD I laugh at that sir.!

doomboy536
11-19-2008, 02:07 AM
I have some vague belief in a higher power that I call God, but all I know it might be called Frank, Balthazar or Small Glass of Cherryade.

starchaser
11-19-2008, 02:59 PM
I'm an atheist.

Gave Christianity a shot when I was younger because part of the Brownie guide thing was that you had to go to Church, but it wasn't for me. My mum's an atheist and my dad's agnostic so I was never raised in a religion either.

However I'm not an atheist who completely bums Richard Dawkins. There's an atheist society at my uni and I looked into it but the first thing I saw was i <3 Dawkins which turned me off. He's as much of a fundamentalist as religious people.

Manhattan_Project_2000
11-19-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm an atheist.

Gave Christianity a shot when I was younger because part of the Brownie guide thing was that you had to go to Church, but it wasn't for me. My mum's an atheist and my dad's agnostic so I was never raised in a religion either.

However I'm not an atheist who completely bums Richard Dawkins. There's an atheist society at my uni and I looked into it but the first thing I saw was i <3 Dawkins which turned me off. He's as much of a fundamentalist as religious people.
He's not that bad. I don't really care about him though, I just like humoring the "Atheism is a religion and Dawkins is it's god" crowd for the lulz.

Now, that PZ Myers on the other hand, he's REALLY dreamy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/Manhatten_Project/lolPz-1.jpg

Lola Granola
11-19-2008, 06:25 PM
I've been thinking about attending church. Getting to a point where I'm thinking about life beyond this world and where I might go, at a level I obviously didn't understand when I was younger. Time to do a little soul searching.

El Wiseguy
11-19-2008, 06:28 PM
Time to do a little soul searching.

That stuff hurts, y'know.
Srsly, Drugs kill.

Manhattan_Project_2000
11-19-2008, 06:30 PM
I've been thinking about attending church. Getting to a point where I'm thinking about life beyond this world and where I might go, at a level I obviously didn't understand when I was younger. Time to do a little soul searching.
I'd suggest reading the Bible itself first. It's an interesting book in places, I'll give it that.

Lavos
11-19-2008, 06:31 PM
This world is my only world. When I die, I will cease to exist, or I will haunt my residence.

I don't do organized religion. Much better to give my money to a credit card bill.

Lola Granola
11-19-2008, 06:34 PM
That stuff hurts, y'know.
Srsly, Drugs kill.

What? I was actually serious.

Manhattan - Out of my entire academic career it is quite sad that the bible is something I haven't read yet.

El Wiseguy
11-19-2008, 06:37 PM
I read the Bible.
(A childrens version)
Many years ago, there wuz pics n' stuff.

Diocletian
11-19-2008, 06:44 PM

So is raptor Jesus.
And Guido Buddha.(below)
http://i36.tinypic.com/25k0vhl.jpg

LittleGirl
11-19-2008, 08:31 PM
I read the Bible.
(A childrens version)
Many years ago, there wuz pics n' stuff.

Haha, me too. It was called Read With Me Bible, and it was purple with a picture of Jesus and some kids under a tree. Maybe one day I'll read the real thing.

Yue Ookami
11-19-2008, 08:39 PM
Wow. I didn't realize this was still going. But since it is, i have something to share with you guys.

This kid at school, told us that he wouldn't be at school for the next week because his family are ansectors to the people who killed Count Dracula, and they do a ritual every year where they turn into werewolves. The idea made me chuckle to myself. Because it makes no sense in a way. I mean, it's cool that you know, his family believes that and i didn't want to offend him or anything because he's a really nice and respectful kid, but how does killing Count Dracula, have anything to do with turning into a werewolf? That's why i chuckled to myself. I mean, it's his beliefs and i can't say anything about it. I'm just not that kind of person. lol.

Manhattan_Project_2000
11-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Wow. I didn't realize this was still going. But since it is, i have something to share with you guys.

This kid at school, told us that he wouldn't be at school for the next week because his family are ansectors to the people who killed Count Dracula, and they do a ritual every year where they turn into werewolves. The idea made me chuckle to myself. Because it makes no sense in a way. I mean, it's cool that you know, his family believes that and i didn't want to offend him or anything because he's a really nice and respectful kid, but how does killing Count Dracula, have anything to do with turning into a werewolf? That's why i chuckled to myself. I mean, it's his beliefs and i can't say anything about it. I'm just not that kind of person. lol.
I'd assume he's just lying, but that's me.

Zenni-Kun
11-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Paganism is my relisgion, some think its a cult, and in some cases it is, but i like the word Coven instead of cult....cults most often imply evil to me and coven implies more of a family aura to it

Yue Ookami
11-19-2008, 09:00 PM
Yes. Coven is also used with Wicca. Instead of chruch groups and what not, we have covens. I'm sure some other religions use it as well. But not sure.

Manhattan_Project_2000
11-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Paganism is my relisgion, some think its a cult, and in some cases it is, but i like the word Coven instead of cult....cults most often imply evil to me and coven implies more of a family aura to it
I disagree with the name "Paganism" because it's already in sufficently wide use and means something completely different. A Pagan is someone who isn't a member of an Abrahamic religion, and since that's about 4 billion people (2/3 of Earth) it doesn't narrow it down much.

At least Satanists named themselves after a group of people who, for all intents and purposes, don't really exist.

Zenni-Kun
11-19-2008, 09:23 PM
really, hmm, i always associated "wicca" and "pagan" in the same light and i use them pretty interchangeably

October.
11-19-2008, 11:00 PM
I'm a Christian...Presbyterian.