PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War 2

Yue Ookami
11-10-2008, 01:32 PM
So everyone knows it came out Friday right? I wanted to know who else got it and beat it or is at least pretty far into it and what they think about the story line?

I finished the game (sadly only on casual since i wan the acheievments) and i think the story line is really good. I'm not sure, but i think they left it open for a 3. What do you think?

Brojasu
11-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Much better than the 1st. Ive beat it on normal and am halfway through insane. BTW they give u the achievements for a lower difficulty when u beat it on a harder 1 (u beat it on hardcore u get the achievements for casual and normal as well

LittleMomo
11-10-2008, 10:17 PM
I think it's a great game. It definitely has improved overall, love the graphics. Pretty crazy xD Love it! :3

Beezer
11-11-2008, 01:30 AM
yea the game is really really good. I just spent the past few hours doing some multiplayer (only done story and horde mode before) and had a blast. I beat the story on normal and I'm gonna do Hardcore and insane coop with my friend. If anyone wants to play my gamertag is Beezerblanks.

Yue Ookami
11-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Dude. i'm on wave 39 and i need help. Lol. If anyone wants to play, add my gamertag. HELLS CARNAGE I'm pretty good at the game too so if you want to play anything else, let me know. I'm more than willing to play.

Brojasu
11-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Me and my bro got to 20 on horde, it was fuuun XD

Anime Forum
11-11-2008, 06:52 PM
The story line was very good as well the game was good. I liked it lots. Something I really like about the game is the graphics.

Khanxay
11-12-2008, 08:07 PM
The story line is pretty damn good compared to the GOW1
I love the game. Already beat horde on insane. =)

++ Story Spoilers below ++

I was almost in tears when Dom chose to shoot his wife. GJ Epic. Most dramatic scene I've ever witnessed in a video game.

What happened to Dizzy? It never really says in the game. I know he was probably captured but does he live?

LittleMomo
11-12-2008, 11:59 PM
About the Horde mode...is it 4 player split screen or you need another 360 and another tv to make it happen? @_@

Beezer
11-13-2008, 12:03 AM
About the Horde mode...is it 4 player split screen or you need another 360 and another tv to make it happen? @_@

The only time I played it locally, we played split screen.

Mir Black
11-13-2008, 11:47 AM
Horde can only be played split screen on the same 360. I am always free to join in any games on live that people have going, add me my GT is Searoz.

Beezer
11-13-2008, 10:09 PM
got to 49 on horde tonight and people had to leave. The river isn't too bad as long as you plant shields to the entrance to the barn. You hide inside and shoot the bloodhounds since they can't get past the shields.

Khanxay
11-13-2008, 11:32 PM
got to 49 on horde tonight and people had to leave. The river isn't too bad as long as you plant shields to the entrance to the barn. You hide inside and shoot the bloodhounds since they can't get past the shields.
Hey! That's what me and my friends do. But we did this on Gridlock (nice large area by the boltoc/gorgon) and when planted boomshields down backwards. That way, no enemies (except a few smart wretches who climb walls and ceiling) could get in our little fort. Also, placing the boomshield backwards prevents the grubs from kicking it down, and they're too stupid to pick it up.

And yeah, the waves with Bloodhounds and Grinders (Is that what they're called? The boomers with mulchers, all they do is say "GRIND!") are definitely the hardest. Stupid apes (as my friend calls them) rush in to tear you up, while Grinders slowly move in to massacre you.

LittleMomo
11-14-2008, 12:10 AM
My friend thinks Avalance was a good place, but river is the best because there's only one entrance, and at least someone is thinking the same idea xD Thank you beezer for the same thoughts ^^. Same minds think alike. I didn't want the Bloodhounds or Butchers and those guys with shields. Btw, better get other shields, they only last at least a round and a half.

Khanxay
11-14-2008, 03:31 AM
Btw, better get other shields, they only last at least a round and a half. If you have boomshields planted on the floor, at the end of each wave pick them up. There's a "cleanup phase" about 5 seconds after each wave starts where all weapons on the floor disappear.

You -should- have some weapons left on the floor next to where the boomshield was placed after each wave. (Locust tend to crowd around them trying to pass as you mow them down.) Just pick up the boomshields at the end of each wave, wait for weapons on the floor to vanish, then replant them.

Oh and Security is the easiest map for Horde. Gather your team in the Mortar/Mulcher spawn area and the lasers do most work. That and the entire team (should) be armed to the teeth with mortars and mulchers.

Beezer
11-15-2008, 01:47 AM
yea the technique with the shields works best when you pick them back up at the end of the round and replant them. I want to play now but I'm so tired I know I wouldn't be able to finish.

Brojasu
11-15-2008, 02:05 AM
If any1 wunts 2 play feel free 2 add me, my gt's Unknown 37 :D

Cantelope
11-15-2008, 08:55 AM
I'm mad that Carmine isn't dead yet. Clearly, he is an expendable (Note: the helmet).

Beezer
11-15-2008, 11:44 AM
I'm mad that Carmine isn't dead yet. Clearly, he is an expendable (Note: the helmet).

seriously...
lol just wait a little longer. I expected him to die as soon as I heard his name. At least he goes out with some sort of honor.

Khanxay
11-15-2008, 02:48 PM
I felt bad during the whole game because the whole time I went through story, I was just waiting for the moment for when he (Ben) dies.

Buruku
11-15-2008, 04:08 PM
I was almost in tears when Dom chose to shoot his wife. GJ Epic. Most dramatic scene I've ever witnessed in a video game.

Same here, what a tear-jerker. Frickin sad.

Cantelope
11-15-2008, 05:33 PM
Scratch that, I've been satiated.

niKopol
11-27-2008, 06:52 AM
What did everyone think of the final boss?

Khanxay
11-27-2008, 07:01 AM
Lament Brumak... Well, it was big. When I beat it on normal, it wasn't hard at all. Just like a 4 second fight.

And the whole brumak gone lament thing. It almost looks like a sire. Weird.

Beezer
11-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Me and my friend have started doing the story on insane and its a bit harder than i thought. Can't poke your head out for more than 2 seconds at a time lol.

Yue Ookami
11-27-2008, 12:40 PM
The best map to do Horde on is Security. You have one person go into the building and unlock it, then the rest go in and you hold them off from there since every wave you either get a mulcher or mortar.

Khanxay
11-27-2008, 01:26 PM
Me and my friend have started doing the story on insane and its a bit harder than i thought. Can't poke your head out for more than 2 seconds at a time lol.
THat's why they describe it as "You have mastered the headshot" (Or something like that). A really good sniper doesn't need to poke out for more than 2 secs.

Brojasu
11-28-2008, 02:16 PM
I didnt think insane was that hard, UT3's insane makes GeOW2s look like casual mode (mainly cuz ur allies AI is to stupid to do anything on Warfare and CTF so u basically gotta do EVERYTHING lol)

Daken.
12-10-2008, 11:26 AM
wow i finished that game and it was amazing. they got really into the game, with tai's death, and marias. it was so sad.

wowzabunny
12-10-2008, 12:06 PM
awesome game

Voiceless
12-13-2008, 12:51 PM
I'm loving it, love the story and the multiplayer. I'm currently playing around getting achievements.