PDA

View Full Version : Taken Over

SigmaSD
11-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Seeing as I am sick (literally) and dillusional, a crazy question came to mind.

Imagine an alien race comes to Earth and takes over the planet. Seeing how humans are pretty smart, the aliens decide to keep us as pets. What would you do?

A. You accept your life as a pet because you never have to work or worry about anything else for the rest of your life.

B. You rebel against the aliens because they have no right to enslave us humans, who should be the dominant species on this planet.

C. You try to make a peace treaty with the aliens, where they could stay here on Earth, and the humans would get equal status along with equal rights.

You can probably guess my answer by looking at my sig, but what would you choose?

The Governator
11-10-2008, 12:11 PM
I would do a Dr. Breen and manage Earths surreder to the aliens so I get rewarded with power and become Earths administrator.

Dr. Evil
11-10-2008, 12:14 PM
I take B...We are the dominant lifeform and I intend to keep it as such!

Brewmaster
11-10-2008, 12:34 PM
I would probably try C and reason with them since i am a peaceful person and such but if that wouldn't work well B is always there.
Wherever evil may be i will rise up and smack it down!!!A famous quote there from a cool person if anyone recognizes. xD

Eris
11-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Why would they take over Earth? When there are so many uninhabited planets for every inhabited planet (see how well SETI is going), why go through the fuss of subjugating a sentient species when you can settle on an uninhabited one? Or one inhabited by less evolved species.

Brewmaster
11-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Why would they take over Earth? When there are so many uninhabited planets for every inhabited planet (see how well SETI is going), why go through the fuss of subjugating a sentient species when you can settle on an uninhabited one? Or one inhabited by less evolved species.
I would assume profit of slavery.What is better then having other do your biding.But yet there is always the rebellion stuff.But if the aliens were any bit smart they would rule with fear and pain making people suffer if they even had a thought of rebelling.

Acnologia
11-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Build an underground home and live there, lol.

But really I'd be screwed. >.>

Yue Ookami
11-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Dude, i'd go with Gears of War. Make an assault rifle that has a chainsaw attached to it and go around and cut them up all the while, blasting their brains out! XD

sunnyside
11-10-2008, 02:47 PM
It'd depend entirely on their level of power.

If they're only "war of the worlds" ish or a small contingent I'd be willing to put the smack down.

By the time we're talking Star Trek tech levels and large forces that kinda stops being an option.

And I hope you get better.

Yue Ookami
11-10-2008, 02:54 PM
Oh i agree but then again, in Gears of War 2, there are Locusts that are as big as buildings and yet they still fight them. Lol. If there's a chance, i would do it. If i had no hope, i'd be a pet and live with it. XD But i would definetely try if i stood a chance.

Eris
11-10-2008, 03:06 PM
I would assume profit of slavery.What is better then having other do your biding.But yet there is always the rebellion stuff.But if the aliens were any bit smart they would rule with fear and pain making people suffer if they even had a thought of rebelling.

If they have the technology for interstellar travel, they undoubtedly have the technology to create robots to do their bidding.

-Kitsune-
11-10-2008, 03:33 PM
I would TRY option C but probably fail miserably at it and they kill us all as a result .___.

Brewmaster
11-10-2008, 04:07 PM
If they have the technology for interstellar travel, they undoubtedly have the technology to create robots to do their bidding.
Indeed but knowing the nature of the robots rebellion is highly possible.Humans are much more easier to stop or kill for that mater.Matrix anyone?

Eris
11-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Indeed but knowing the nature of the robots rebellion is highly possible.Humans are much more easier to stop or kill for that mater.Matrix anyone?

That's news to me. Robots do what you tell them to, and nothing else. It's fairly easy to hardcode killswitches and stuff like that if you want to be on the safe side. History tells us that people are harder to manage.

Brewmaster
11-10-2008, 04:57 PM
That's news to me. Robots do what you tell them to, and nothing else. It's fairly easy to hardcode killswitches and stuff like that if you want to be on the safe side. History tells us that people are harder to manage.
Yes yes indeed humans are a hard race to control.
For the robots thats why i mentioned Matrix.That is quite easy to happen.One of them takes the control and releases the rest and there you go.But them being harder meaning able to hold out what humans could not and lacking fear if they would rebel it wouldn't be good.But still thats all depending on the circumstances on how the robots are made,how they are treated and so on.But yet that would be my opinion eh. O_o;

Eris
11-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Yes yes indeed humans are a hard race to control.
For the robots thats why i mentioned Matrix.That is quite easy to happen.One of them takes the control and releases the rest and there you go.But them being harder meaning able to hold out what humans could not and lacking fear if they would rebel it wouldn't be good.But still thats all depending on the circumstances on how the robots are made,how they are treated and so on.But yet that would be my opinion eh. O_o;

The problem is that one of them will not take control. Robots do what you tell them to do, and nothing else. For various reasons, you can not program sentience. You can not tell a machine to think (there's a great book exploring the subject called GEB (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del,_Escher,_Bach) by the way).

It's like lifting yourself off the ground by tugging your shoelaces.

InuArt12
11-10-2008, 06:19 PM
I always wanted to be a cat. They get to lay around and do what they want all day. As long as I got my kibble I'd be good.

Ridana
11-10-2008, 07:10 PM
I for one welcome our alien masters...

Sorry, had to say it since no one had yet.

I really don't know, it would depend on the nature and demeanor of the aliens, and their particular definition of the word "pet".

Under the right circumstances, it could be interesting to be an aliens "pet".

But in all likelihood, I'd end up leading a contingent of underground freedom fighters trying to obtain and use the aliens' technology against them. Probably doomed, but at least it would be interesting.

Light Buster
11-10-2008, 08:26 PM
I choose...

A...If the aliens are like DearS. But I highly doubt that.

OR

B...If the aliens are the Chimera...I hate them...I must shoot them.

OR

C...Same explaination as A.

3pleT
11-10-2008, 11:45 PM
whohoa... i know one human they won't enslave
B 2 da grave :|

CrystalAce
11-11-2008, 02:56 AM
Well, now option A:dogrun: is out of the question. There is now way we as a human would let our pride down.
Option C will have a lot of flaw as there is no such thing as equal rights :curses: even among all of us humans.
So , I'll go for option B. Yeah, man! We are gonna fry those alien's asses for good.( Probably we'll get annihilated:banghead: before that.) But then again, fight with pride:flame: and glory people.

Brewmaster
11-11-2008, 06:04 AM
The problem is that one of them will not take control. Robots do what you tell them to do, and nothing else. For various reasons, you can not program sentience. You can not tell a machine to think (there's a great book exploring the subject called GEB (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del,_Escher,_Bach) by the way).

It's like lifting yourself off the ground by tugging your shoelaces.
Yes indeed i see your point.Well i mostly based my opinion on seeing Matrix and Animatrix.Based on those two machines could really take control since they were programing them to be smarter and smarter so that it would be easier for them to understand their work or whatsoever.Still those are movies on which i based my thoughts so i guess i am wrong in this.Movies probably aren't the best source eh.

For that book it really seems interesting but i am not sure where i could acquire it.For my country is in lack of everything so i don't believe something like that can be found here.Oh well thats life in here. :S

Eris
11-11-2008, 12:38 PM
For that book it really seems interesting but i am not sure where i could acquire it.For my country is in lack of everything so i don't believe something like that can be found here.Oh well thats life in here. :S

It shouldn't be all that hard to find, if you look in the right bookstores. It's very popular in some circles. You could also importing it.

Diocletian
11-11-2008, 12:51 PM
A)
I will attack from the inside. I am very confident in my street fighting abilities, and they are going down pa pa pachow.

SigmaSD
11-16-2008, 06:00 PM
A)
I will attack from the inside. I am very confident in my street fighting abilities, and they are going down pa pa pachow.

Wouldn't your answer be option B. Option A is only if you plan to stay as a pet.

Negi
11-16-2008, 07:50 PM
[C]
I love our trees too much.

Khanxay
11-16-2008, 07:56 PM
By aliens, are we talking the robots from space known as Asians?

rpgwiz99
11-17-2008, 01:58 PM
If B is not possible I pick C

Azul
11-17-2008, 10:43 PM
As tempting as A might sound (being fed, clothed and sheltered, no care in the world) i have to go with C. I will not be controlled. I would rather die fighting than to give up and be enslaved. It would be sweet to see the other races go through slavery though. Ha!! I'd wait a couple years after the alians enslave earth then i'd attack. Burn you alian scumbag. Feel the wrath of Fuego AZUL. ~Cough~ cough~ i think i just choked to death on my own smoke.

_Freddie_
11-18-2008, 07:22 AM
Loyaltly for earth! They can take a few back to their planet, but take over this one?! I think not.

Lord Tsukuyomi
11-18-2008, 09:49 AM
I would try C and If that didn't work then I would fall back on B. I would sharpen my swords and get ready for battle.

Light Buster
11-18-2008, 10:14 AM
I would sharpen my swords and get ready for battle.
Swords? I rather would use something like the LAARK.

rpgwiz99
11-18-2008, 10:47 AM
I would try C and If that didn't work then I would fall back on B. I would sharpen my swords and get ready for battle.

And why you were drawing you blade you would get busted in the head with an Alien Glock...

The Governator
11-18-2008, 12:46 PM

Why a sword? These aliens will have some sort of ranged weaponry so you wont get close enough to use it.

And pfffft to any weapon mentioned, they all fall to there knees when compared to the mighty Eugene.

SigmaSD
11-18-2008, 08:11 PM
Not if we get ourselves inside one of those robots from the Matrix.
Like these:
http://www.cgw.com/Media/PublicationsArticle/138435.jpg

Manhattan_Project_2000
11-18-2008, 08:21 PM
1) Realize my life has become a badly written Comic Book.
2) Obtain Lobster.
3) Jump in vat of Chemicals with Lobster.
4) Fight the Aliens as Lobster Man.
5) Date She-Hulk.
6) Save Earth only because my comic sucks so much that the Editors have to rap it up as quickly as possible.
7) ...
8) Profit!

October.
12-08-2008, 01:14 AM
i'd choose choice C.everyone is equal even if they are aliens..:noevil:

Petrol Gas
12-08-2008, 05:18 AM
I would pull an independence day, and by that I mean:

I would become a half-black-jewish cable guy who has no claim to fame or understanding of mathematics except for having studied in the air force and marrying a young black single mother. Then I would seduce my ex-girlfriend, use her to get into the president's good graces, sneak RVs into the most secret US base in history, watch the aliens kill some doctors, build a virus for the alien OS (and by extension invent the computer virus), marry another black woman, travel to space with a broken spaceship, and then blow everything up.

suzumi
12-08-2008, 09:44 AM
By aliens, are we talking the robots from space known as Asians?

Nah, we've already taken over earth. ^^

I would choose C. I don't see why we have to give up the toy that we rightfully bought over. =P