PDA

View Full Version : Change of Heart

Ramona Flowers
11-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Basically, a song, band or genre you once didnt like but learned to love. And visa versa.

For me, as far as genres I've learned to appreciate; rap. Del changed my heart, but I soppuse it also goes to my friend rob and fiance for getting me hooked.

Tsuna Kadiri
11-09-2008, 05:38 PM
I don't want to say I hated Filter back when I first heard them, but at the time I began to venture into their other music besides Take a Picture, I definitely wasn't feeling it. I was like, 9 at the time and albums like Title of Record and Short Bus* were way too grunge and industrial for my tastes. It took me a few years until I could really begin to appreciate their music collectively and not just a few songs here and there. They're one of my always favorite bands and my interest in them has stuck with me the longest of any, despite the rocky start.

* ... and I DESPISED Short Bus for the longest time and it really hasn't been until recently (this album came out in 1995!) that I've began to remotely enjoy it. Their music takes a long time to grow on me!

As far as genres, I used to really dislike folk and Celtic-inspired music. But through bands like Enter the Haggis and Connemara Stone Company on the Celtic end, and The Finches and Kim Barlow on the folk end, I really appreciate those genres much more.

Aushkei Ver
11-09-2008, 05:49 PM
Hmm, I suppose System Of A Down and As I Lay Dying.
I used to hate those two bands so much, now I listen to them. They're pretty good.
There's not much the other way around, but I do remember liking rap, now I dislike it.