PDA

View Full Version : H2O Embarassing Mermaids

+Namiko+
11-02-2008, 06:21 PM
The show H2O, wow. I saw the commercial and said "Finnaly, a show about mermaids! Yes!" I was psyched.....until I watched It.

The whole caoncept is utterly stupid
"AAAOOOOHHH! We jumped into a MAGIC pool of water and now we have FISH POWERS!! QUICK Luis, HELP US!!"

Honestly, aside from Rikki, the girls are stupid and petty and are REALLY BAD ACTRESSES! The whole show EMBARASSES mermaids beyond ALL beleif!

For ONCE, I wish mermaids WEREN'T embarassed by these dumb portrayals. I, for one, find the whole transformation-upon-contact-with-water-wether-you-want-to-or-not thing a little far fetched, though I find that it is acceptable. Three girls who transform after jumping in a "magic volcano pool"? STUPID.

So

1. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE SHOW
2. DOES IT DEGRADE MERMAIDS OR NOT
3. DO YOU KNOW ANY OTHERS THAT ARE BETTER?

Mmmmmmmmmm
11-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Since when are mermaids real?

And of course they're bad actresses, it's Nickelodeon.

+Namiko+
11-02-2008, 06:30 PM

OH, OKAY!
Jus' so I dont seem crazt, Im not saying that mermaids are real! Haha, I can see how it looked like that, though! Im just a big mermaid fan and this show makes mermaids look bad as magical beeings. I dont think they're real, I jus' think they rock!^^

Ramona Flowers
11-02-2008, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I gave it chance and was just as disappointed as I thought I'd be. :\

Manhattan_Project_2000
11-02-2008, 07:02 PM
The show H2O, wow. I saw the commercial and said "Finnaly, a show about mermaids! Yes!" I was psyched.....until I watched It.

The whole caoncept is utterly stupid
"AAAOOOOHHH! We jumped into a MAGIC pool of water and now we have FISH POWERS!! QUICK Luis, HELP US!!"

Honestly, aside from Rikki, the girls are stupid and petty and are REALLY BAD ACTRESSES! The whole show EMBARASSES mermaids beyond ALL beleif!

For ONCE, I wish mermaids WEREN'T embarassed by these dumb portrayals. I, for one, find the whole transformation-upon-contact-with-water-wether-you-want-to-or-not thing a little far fetched, though I find that it is acceptable. Three girls who transform after jumping in a "magic volcano pool"? STUPID.
Wait, you thought a show about Mermaids on a children's network wasn't doomed to be filled with suck and fail...? Are you on drugs?

+Namiko+
11-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Wait, you thought a show about Mermaids on a children's network wasn't doomed to be filled with suck and fail...? Are you on drugs?
Good point.
I pretty much knew it might suck, but still, It was mermaids to I tried anyway. And I was right. It did suck.....aw. Back to the Little Mermaid, I guess. >.< Nuu!

mississippibaby
11-02-2008, 07:13 PM
i saw the commercial it looked kind of stupid ive never tried to watch and now i really dont think i will. some kids nowadays will watch anything they put on tv its kind of sad that they cant come up with something better

Mmmmmmmmmm
11-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Good point.
I pretty much knew it might suck, but still, It was mermaids to I tried anyway. And I was right. It did suck.....aw. Back to the Little Mermaid, I guess. >.< Nuu!
I wouldn't get depressed because one television show disappoints you. If you do get depressed over it, you suck at life.

Kumoness
11-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Yeah H2O tv show = FAIL
H2O the substance = refreshing
*gulps a bottle of water* Yummeh! =D

Renegade of Life
11-03-2008, 10:50 AM
*goes back to watching Seto No Hanayome*

At least it is still somewhat sensible about things, though scenarios like what is being described here are why I lost faith in most entertainment in the first place.

Did you hear of Twilight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxjNDE2fMjI) Yet? It is basically doing the same thing to Vampires, taking writings that are really barely even fanfic quality and turning them into 'production' material.

It makes me sick.

John Watson
11-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Who cares about stupid mermaid shows anyways? -.-; (I hate that show too.) >>;

Amray The II
11-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Yes I agree, how dare they embarrass the mermaid race! They are such proud creatures, although I cannot blame them as the first man must have been ever so brave and dedicated as to share body fluids with a fish.

A programme with ideas and a story such as this, I would expect nothing more than rubbish. I dislike it already.

Dxon
11-03-2008, 01:27 PM
When saw the commercial for it I already despiced it. I hate shows like that. Just hate 'em. They are rubbish with bad actors. One show sucks but they do have good actors. Probably because they got experience from the already one years running show...

+Namiko+
11-03-2008, 02:23 PM
I wouldn't get depressed because one television show disappoints you. If you do get depressed over it, you suck at life.

Yo. Not kewl. Never said I was depressed, I said it made mermaids look bad.
Whenever I draw a mermaid(man) or say I think they rock people are always like
"OMFG, LIEK H20?!?!?!?"
or
"OMG IZ YOUR CHARA LIEK THAT GIRL FROM H20!?!?!?!?"
To whick I answer
"No!"
Because I would never copy that show. Never. I was writing mermaid(man) mangas WWWAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY before THAT show came out. Did not influence me in the slightest.

Makes mermaids look dorky and stupid and associates the species with humans. They are two ENTIRELY different races, I dont care how many volcano pools you wana jump in during a full moon, but by all means, If you wanna freeze to death trying to be a fish person, fine by me.

Mmmmmmmmmm
11-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Yo. Not kewl. Never said I was depressed, I said it made mermaids look bad.
Whenever I draw a mermaid(man) or say I think they rock people are always like
"OMFG, LIEK H20?!?!?!?"
or
"OMG IZ YOUR CHARA LIEK THAT GIRL FROM H20!?!?!?!?"
To whick I answer
"No!"
Because I would never copy that show. Never. I was writing mermaid(man) mangas WWWAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY before THAT show came out. Did not influence me in the slightest.

Makes mermaids look dorky and stupid and associates the species with humans. They are two ENTIRELY different races, I dont care how many volcano pools you wana jump in during a full moon, but by all means, If you wanna freeze to death trying to be a fish person, fine by me.
You act it. Now you seem angry.

Anyways, why would you care what a childrens show did with fantasy creatures. Seriously, there's no point in this thread except you ranting about how much you dislike that show.

+Namiko+
11-03-2008, 02:49 PM
You act it. Now you seem angry.

Anyways, why would you care what a childrens show did with fantasy creatures. Seriously, there's no point in this thread except you ranting about how much you dislike that show.

The point of this thread is to ask what you think of the show and wether or not it degrades mermaids or not, also to suggest some other shows that give a good example of the subject. Dont have to be so harsh, sheesh! Im interested. It's been bugging me.

sa5m
11-03-2008, 02:49 PM

Actually it's an Australian television program that aired for awhile on Disney Channel Australia. xD

Yes, this show it quite disappointing... I think the whole character development is bad as well as the whole magic behind their mermaid transformations. There's just nothing special about this show; it's all very bland. The actresses try too hard and the basic storyline is too predictable.

Diocletian
11-04-2008, 10:07 PM
Mermaids are being persecuted everyday. I will help stop this. I do think it degrades them and I will Jack Thompson this along w/ me suing Elves and Elvis.

Brewmaster
11-05-2008, 09:06 PM
1.The show is so utterly stupid that its beyond belief.I think words can't describe how it fails so hard.Like MP 2K said you can't expect a show on a children network to be good.
2.It degrades Mermaids in every aspect.
3.After seeing this i don't even wish to see anymore of them.

Cotaku
11-06-2008, 07:47 PM
I watched it once when it was storming and I couldn't get internet.
I didn't like it.
The whole magic pool thing was kinda weird. What's a random pool of magic water doing there? Seriously.
And one of the girls was a rip-off of The Thirteenth Year. She was on a swim team just like the main character in the movie. And the same concept of transforming when touching water was used.

Fail.

Acnologia
11-06-2008, 09:34 PM
How can something that doesn't exist be embarrassed? lol

But yes, your description of it makes it seem like absolute crap. But then again people watch Lost so this may actually go somewhere. ;_;

Sanosuke23
11-07-2008, 06:10 AM
So, wait, these girls are stupid, self-absorbed, stereotypical dumb blonde "I'm physically perfect and have my life more or less all sorted out" kid's syndicated television characters?

How is that NOT the exact concept of how mermaids act? Don't they drag men they find attractive down to a watery grave just because they wanted to take the schmuck home with them? Then when they realize dhurr, they can't breathe water, swim back up to the surface and repeat the situation? All the while being remarkably beautiful and very aware of this fact?

The magic stuff I can't even begin to comment on, because a live-action kids drama/sitcom/whatever about mermaids alone, no offense, sounds like a terrible idea.

starchaser
11-07-2008, 08:55 AM

What?

They aren't real. Get over it. :/

If they'd made a real person or profession look ultimately dumb then fair enough. But they aren't real. I hope that you go to the seaside with a Philip's guide to the seashore and notice that Mermaids are not on the list.

Thankyougoodnight.

ai_frostbite
11-07-2008, 09:08 AM
yeah...
ive always wondered why there werent any shows with mermaids in them....
i though it was pretty disappointing too.
im sorry i dont know any other mermaid shows..
T.T
sorry
^.^
but yeah
it does degrade mermaids...
(even though theyre not real)
it degrades the idea and fantasy of mermaids...
it makes them look more ditsy than majestic...
you know?