PDA

View Full Version : Which Is The Best?

Serge
10-23-2003, 10:39 PM
yo plz vote for the best system of all time and let ppl know what u think im intrested to see what ppl have to say

Serge
10-23-2003, 10:41 PM
i know i spelled 1 wrong last one should say "Sega CD" and i should have added an "others" choice but i did it late at night

kadaan
10-23-2003, 11:21 PM
100% voted for Nintendo! Yippee!!! Oh wait, there's only vote. *pout*.

I love my Nintendo. Sooooo many classic games that were just plain FUN to play. I still play on an emulator every now and then (Zelda 1&2, Dragon Warrior, Metroid, Punch Out, Mario Bros 2&3, Crystalis... it just goes on and on :).

Then again, I had an atari, nintendo, and a gameboy then I got a computer. Ever since my 386DX 66mhz with a 40mb hard drive and MSDOS 5.0 I haven't been able to go back to a console. *addicted to computers*

spider-man-old
10-23-2003, 11:42 PM
you know what's sad now it's 2 people for nintendo although I am torn between that sega genesis and atari....

Kensora Nirvasu
10-24-2003, 01:00 AM
Play Station 2, y0. O_o;; Gotta love it.

SGI
10-24-2003, 02:21 AM
Oh god, Super NES hands down.

With a library of games which makes your jaw drop, with a heap of the best games in history. Quality games from 1st and 3rd party developers, and with specs which make it still more than playable today. The Super Nintendo is the best game system ever. Made back when Nintendo still realised there was a market for games targeted at people over 12 years of age.

SaceGolem2
10-24-2003, 03:49 AM
I would have said Nintendo, but i go with Genesis. Why? To me it had the most enjoyable games in its time period, which happened to be about 8 yrs...not even Snes could top that..

Serge
10-24-2003, 06:29 PM
Gamecube for me but i in general like all systems from nintendo

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-24-2003, 07:35 PM
I voted SNES because it was loaded with some of the best games ever.
Rock and Roll Racing, FF6, EVO, Ogre Battle, Kirby Super Star, Super Mario World, Legend of Zelda, ect. ect.

Don't get me wrong though, PS and PS2 are awesome too...

Daenerys
10-24-2003, 08:36 PM
It's Atari and Sega.

And I guess Playstation 2, because I currently play it alot.

Serge
10-24-2003, 10:26 PM
just as long as no one say they voted x-box im fine

Daenerys
10-24-2003, 10:38 PM
I voted for X-box

Cloud Strife
10-25-2003, 11:34 AM
snes. hands down. yep.

legend of zelda ownz everything.

Serge
10-25-2003, 11:43 PM
omg what is it wit Legend of Zelda, whats the big deal about it, w=y do ppl like it so much can someone plz tell me?

kadaan
10-26-2003, 01:54 AM
Why wouldn't you like Zelda? It's a great rpg/adventure-ish game with good gameplay, storyline, music, sound effects, and (for its time) graphics. I've beaten the 2 for nintendo so many times because they're just plain FUN to play.

SGI
10-26-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Serge@Oct 26 2003, 02:38 PM
omg what is it wit Legend of Zelda, whats the big deal about it, w=y do ppl like it so much can someone plz tell me?
You obviously haven't played Zelda III: A Link to the Past on SNES have you?

squall_leonhart
10-26-2003, 08:29 AM
me voted 4 snes cause it has so many kick donkey rpg game like ff4-ff6, secret of mana 1 & 2, evo and so on

spider-man-old
10-26-2003, 01:37 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! not here too
stop talking about zelda!
Oh, and go nintendo!

Serge
10-26-2003, 07:07 PM
yeah plz i didnt mean for this to turn into a convention for zelda lovers..PLZ STOP TALKIN ABOUT IT

One Winged Angel
10-27-2003, 11:49 PM
I would have to say PS2 because of its variety of games, its backwards compatibility, and its ability to go online and play DVD's.

Sadly, I would have to say the Dreamcast comes in at a close second. It was the first to go online and the only to be used as an actual web browser. Also, you really couldn't go wrong with the VMU's. Being able to manage saved games and also play games on a memory card was a pretty cool idea.

And lastly, the SNES. These were the days when Nintendo was at the top of its game (no pun intended) Not before, nor after did Nintendo do this well with a system. Those days will be missed.... :(

SaceGolem2
10-28-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by One Winged Angel@Oct 28 2003, 12:44 AM
I would have to say PS2 because of its variety of games, its backwards compatibility, and its ability to go online and play DVD's.

Sadly, I would have to say the Dreamcast comes in at a close second. It was the first to go online and the only to be used as an actual web browser. Also, you really couldn't go wrong with the VMU's. Being able to manage saved games and also play games on a memory card was a pretty cool idea.

And lastly, the SNES. These were the days when Nintendo was at the top of its game (no pun intended) Not before, nor after did Nintendo do this well with a system. Those days will be missed.... :(
Thats a very good point. Isn't PS2 the only current system that can do that? thats a big plus. You get to play all the Ps classics.

Serge
10-28-2003, 05:22 PM
and to clarify for kadaan Zelda is definately not an rpg, gameplay gets hard u have to keep switcing through diff. items to just get 5feet in some parts, the puzzels r too long, and the storyline never really changes that much the games just repeat what the one before it had...and YAY MY 100TH POST!! :D

Daenerys
10-28-2003, 06:55 PM
I hate when newbies who don't know the rules try to moderate a forum. It's so annoying.

Anyway, I was playing my super nintendo at my dad&#39;s house, and I hate the damn Super Mario world game. It&#39;s so stupid. >< I guess that&#39;s because it&#39;s so easy to defeat or something.

Serge
10-29-2003, 05:23 PM
either its too easy or ur too good ur gonna have to find out but mario is old-school classic gaming but yes some of them were a little easy but they were good for their time

AznAnimeFreak
10-30-2003, 09:00 PM
my Xbox is good to me, so I&#39;ll be good to it. XBOX 4EVER&#33;

ashtaka
11-03-2003, 10:16 AM
Favorite system of all time would have to be the SNES... so many good games...

But, my X-Box plays SNES games... so...

My vote goes to my X-Box :D :lol:

spider-man-old
11-03-2003, 03:00 PM
How?.. I have x-box must play snes games... can&#39;t live without them.AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh...... ........ I am sorry I was suddenly distracted by leagally blonde 2 comercial on tv&#33;

Regex
11-12-2003, 10:37 AM
The SNES is the best of all time. No contest. Nintendo was at its peak during those days, and some of my absolute favorite games to this day are SNES games. Some people may argue that the Genesis had better games, and to a point, that is true. Sega was definitely better at coming out with quality games, i.e. Sonic vs. Mario, Sonic was a better game during those days. But I still think Zelda beats them all. (and for the record, Zelda is an adventure/puzzle/rpg). If we&#39;re talking third-party games, then we have FFIIIus, Chrono Trigger, Street Fighter II.. Classic wonderful games.

As for current systems, the GameCube has my vote, more as a vote of confidence than anything else. PS2 does have the game library, but GameCube has more power. I just wish there was more than just Nintendo-made games utilizing any amount of that power. I just keep hoping more 3rd-party games that are worth anything will come out, and have been rather disappointed by most of it. And the only real selling point for the XBox is that despite Microsoft&#39;s best efforts to stamp out piracy and corner another part of the market, people pirate more XBox games than any other console. And a lot of people love this fact.

spider-man-old
11-12-2003, 11:57 AM
Wow that has to be some of the worst reasoning I have ever heard... One game is better and YOu brought zelda into it. That is so stupid.

Regex
11-12-2003, 12:45 PM
You missed the other games I listed. FFIIIus, Chrono Trigger, etc. That isn&#39;t bad reasoning. The main basis for judgement on a game system is how much enjoyment you get out of playing it. And the entertainment value is directly related to the quality of the games for the system. I could go into it and list every good game for the SNES if you like, but nobody will read it, and that&#39;s not what this thread is for. Furthermore, bringing up a game that I like that you do not is not stupid reasoning. Zelda III had a lot of good things about it, and to this day I still enjoy playing it.

Really, I liked a lot of the classics back then because there were more games that focused on gameplay and story over super graphics. Nowadays, you don&#39;t find as high a percentage of the games with good story or gameplay.

Before you can come insulting my reasons for liking a system, you should at least give any reason at all why you don&#39;t like the things I like. It&#39;s like if I watched you play a game and sat behind you raving about how much you sucked, but never actually play the game myself.

spider-man-old
11-12-2003, 03:38 PM
No, it&#39;s really not the same thing. Did you not read how sick of hearing about zelda the I think 3 of us are. I just mean basing your whole like of a system on one game and then thinking to yourself later that maybe I should add a couple of other games is bad reasoning. Also I Have owned I think every conole that has been released in the U.S., So to say that it&#39;s like sitting behind someone and ranting that they suck even though I have never played the game is not a correct analogy. It sounds like you owned hardly any games for genesis... which makes me sad. I miss the sega channel ( I know that has nothing to do with this rant, but how many games I got to play because of that channel is astounding).

I apologize if you got all butthurt that I insulted zelda. It was a good game, the first one. I played the others... they suck. I just hate the fact that every person that has ever pick up a joystick or controller loves that game and only brings that game up. It wasn&#39;t even that great of a game I think it was the fact that everyone knows about itis what makes it so everyone can talk about it constantly. Althoguh I do have to commend you on even mentioning any other kind of puzzle rpg at all.

What do you mean gamecube has no third party games that are good. Do you not like resident evil. I know they have only com out with zero which is nintendos alone, but my point still stands.

I do have to agree with you on one point though... substance over graphics anyday. Although if you go with gameplay and substance over graphics there are still plenty of games that are great today.... I also could do the same listing, but I am fat and lazy (and quite hairy). You also probably stopped reading this about halfway through because I rant like a maniac. No sentence structure, no complete thoughts, wth is a pragraph I ahve never heard of such a thing, I just like to push enter key at random. So don&#39;t listen to the loon. Although all I know is video games and movies... and Spider-man.

You know what makes me sad... dreamcast has gotten more vote than genesis... now that&#39;s a travesty.

Snollygotter&#33;

In conclusion... what was I talking about?

Regex
11-12-2003, 06:03 PM
I saw you ranting the moment Zelda was brought up. I saw others defending the game. I saw someone saying that Zelda isn&#39;t an RPG at all. I was responding to all of those. The question was asked, which console is the best. I responded with a partial list of some of my favorite games. Zelda was the first one mentioned, because it had been mentioned before. As there was some discussion about it, I thought I would mention my own thoughts on the game.

As for the analogy I made, it was in response to you failing to give any substance to any of your opinions before. I&#39;m glad you finally provided something to work off of that actually contributed to the discussion, rather than the gibberish earlier.

I didn&#39;t own many games for the Genesis, it&#39;s true. Because most of the games I had did not impress me, and the other games that were out impressed me even less. Again I say, Sega was great with the Sonic games. But the rest of the games available for the Genesis were not as good as the rest of the games for the SNES. I wasn&#39;t impressed with the RPG selection at all. And the rest of the game styles have never appealed to me as much. Action/Adventure games are my next favorite style. And if there were more of them for the Genesis that could compete with the RPGs that SNES had, then I would say I had a good reason to consider that a different console was better.

And no, I didn&#39;t like Resident Evil.. It&#39;s just not my style of game. But even that, nobody plays it, and it doesn&#39;t bring people to liking the GameCube.

True, I can not deny the modern games that have good story and gameplay, but when you look at all the modern games today, and compare them to the classics, there was a higher percentage of quality games than there is now.

The fact is, I was stating my opinions, and you called them stupid because they were partially based on a game that you do not care for.

Daenerys
11-12-2003, 10:56 PM
I think the both of you should shut the hell up. Honestly Aaron, some moderator you are. Flaming members because of thier opinions. Grow up already.

LXnekket
11-13-2003, 03:36 AM
Actually, Radditz is at fault here. Defending one&#39;s opinion is not a crime.

As for best system...I also have to go with SNES. Tough choice since the Genesis and original NES brought so much to the table, but overall, nothing could top it. Mario games have always been more enjoyable to me then Sonic, since that was brought up.

By the way, the Zelda series is FAR greater than 80% of the games around today and yesterday. Oh yeah, and Battletoads owns you.

Anime Junkie
11-13-2003, 12:48 PM
I thought the Dreamcast was a really cool system. Lots of things ya could do with it :)

ashtaka
11-13-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by we are... radditz?@Nov 3 2003, 03:54 PM
How?.. I have x-box must play snes games... can&#39;t live without them.AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh...... ........ I am sorry I was suddenly distracted by leagally blonde 2 comercial on tv&#33;
modchip/emulator. My X-Box can do lots of stuff now... cept use XBox Live. :P

Wizzard
11-14-2003, 07:57 PM
Hmm... :huh: Well despite ps2 is quite nice with most game graphics and handling, I myself like the original ps due to the fact that there are so many anime games. ^_^ Sure ps2 is better then the original ps, but recently noticing by testing a ps2 game called Grandia 2 (good game ;) ) and getting the pc version which is just as graphical...the ps2 chugs like a boat trying to row on land :blink: . Which I found surprising because the ps2 was supposed to be "the coolest" thing out&#33; <_<

Anyhow :huh: I would have to thus say that pcs are the best out of em all, as since all you need is a beast, emulators and adapters for the controllers and your set&#33; :lol:

You get fifteen democrats in a room, and you get twenty opinions.
Senator Patrick Leahy (1940 - ), May 1990

Rem
06-29-2004, 08:56 PM
hands down dream cast or saturn 2 of the best systems ever made and no mater what prople say about sega they can bite me because i will defend theis systems to the end