PDA

View Full Version : Reputation

Archaic Devices
10-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Ok I am not complaining but don't you get tired of being bad repped for stating your opinion? Please tell.

Mmmmmmmmmm
10-20-2008, 07:06 PM
No. Reputation means nothing, people get all offensive if you bad rep them, then come all complaining that you don't know what you're talking about. They're total and complete morons and you should just get over it and move on with your life.

Baka
10-20-2008, 07:07 PM
I got bad repped for being offended by something.

blueangel06661
10-20-2008, 07:12 PM
To me bad repping is evil. I refuse to bad rep someone ^__^ Ask the pink baka. He knows

Good rep is always the way to go :]

Anime Forum
10-20-2008, 07:12 PM
I have not been bad repped in quite a long time, and now that I say this, I will probably be bad repped. Anyways, rep does not really matter, so you get bad repped? You'll get good repped again, and that goes for vice versa. Rep does not really make a difference in the forum experience, even though its fun to show off rep points, its nothing that big.

Middy
10-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Generally, if you explain your opinions, you will not receive bad Rep, either in forums, or in real life situations.

Simply coming in and making a bold, unsupported statement, on the other hand, regardless of your opinion, might get you some bad rep. Unless you are one of those people whose reputation is already solidified - They can often get away with one liners ^_^

But really, if you receive bad rep for voicing your opinion, don't let it deter you. People tend to get offended for stupid reasons, so..don't take them too seriously xD

-akichan-
10-20-2008, 07:15 PM
What about this, since this thread is very similar to another thread that asks people if they had ever received stupid bad reps before. Let me answer your question in a different way and see how it comes out.

Reputation is just what people think about you, and your opinions. Bad reputations means nothing if you are actually a good person and other people know it, then there's nothing to be worried about. Bad reputation is an opportunity for every one of us to give out to make that person know what he/she did wrong and have that person to improve. The rep points represents the rate.

I've always get bad reps by people who I bad repped because they spammed, or talked about something dumb. And some people would bad rep me just because I'm Asian, or looking like a 16 year old when I'm almost turning 20, or even because I'm a christian. These are what I'd call "hopeless reps" by those who tries to see their rep power, or to put anger on some people with high rep points. Some people just call someone an ignorant in the bad rep just because that person isn't gay or lesbian, these things happens and we can't avoid it~

I usually bad rep those who post pointless stuff. I often see people posting in the wrong sections, people would post a few words "hey, wrong section." That I'd have fun bad repping, because that is pointless to gain a post count. And for those who post in threads like "have you ever done this?" "Are you in college?" They'd say "no i haven't" or "no i'm in high school." That's it, I had fun telling those people that it is not funny and pointless to gain post counts.

Mmmmmmmmmm
10-20-2008, 07:15 PM
To me bad repping is evil. I refuse to bad rep someone ^__^ Ask the pink baka. He knows

You abuse it then. What if someone is being downright ridiculous? You're going to good rep them and say "Way to go~~!!!"?

even though its fun to show off rep points, its nothing that big.

I think it's cool to have a humongous post count and small rep. That's the way to show you don't care what people think about your opinions. Unless you spam every post.

blueangel06661
10-20-2008, 07:19 PM
You abuse it then. What if someone is being downright ridiculous? You're going to good rep them and say "Way to go~~!!!"?

That's not quite right. I'm one of those people who "if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all" kinda people.

Mmmmmmmmmm
10-20-2008, 07:23 PM
That's not quite right. I'm one of those people who "if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all" kinda people.
Well, then you tell them what they did wrong with some negative reputation.

I'm not telling you what to do, but it's something I don't think you understand.

angryveggie
10-20-2008, 07:41 PM
I'm not telling you what to do, but it's something I don't think you understand.
Actually, I think she does. It seems like she'd rather ignore the user's comment than give him or her a bad reputation, and I fully agree with this action. Oh, and I'd rather send the user a PM if I had to explain what he or she was doing wrong. However, I'm not a mod or admin, so I wouldn't do that in the first place.

-akichan-
10-20-2008, 07:47 PM
I understand there are people that would only do good reps, doesn't mean they give good reps to those who will be getting bad reps, but it is also another way to stay away from problems.

I remember bad repping a member that her post was really annoying me. She hated me, personally. No matter where I post, or what I post, she followed after and went on disagreement with me with nonsense and offensiveness. So I bad repped her and told her to stay away from me. She grabbed a group of her friends to bad rep me under my friends' names. Who got in trouble? I did, with a big fat warning. Although she got banned, but it was still a bad experience.

*~Lily_Gemini~*
10-20-2008, 07:49 PM
i dont like to get bad repped but i dont waste my time on it and i dont bad rep them back. i dont think ive ever bad repped anyone either

-Kitsune-
10-20-2008, 08:20 PM
I dislike being bad repped, because then I feel like that person's gonna be mad at me >>; However, I don't dwell on it since I don't really care that much. People, its a little number next to some red or green boxes. On one forum site. Amongst millions more in the wide expanse of the internet. If that's gonna upset you that much, you may have a problem o__O;

Diocletian
10-20-2008, 08:46 PM
No. Reputation means nothing, people get all offensive if you bad rep them, then come all complaining that you don't know what you're talking about. They're total and complete morons and you should just get over it and move on with your life.

'Course.Rep means nothing in the real world, but it does tick you off to see little stupid ones.It shows AF still has work to do.

Saint Seiya
10-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Geeze at least you expressed your opinion, all i said was something that wasnt supposed to make anyone laugh and i got bad repped cause a person didnt think it was funny... ARE YOU KIDDING ME? of course i
badrepped telling the person that i could abuse the rep option too ^_^

Dark Wolf 09
10-20-2008, 11:32 PM
Good reputation is a snap shot that the viewer fore-see's on the individuals voice of opinion, if someone accepts or declines there pragmatics, discussing a certain topic that's either perplexed on the current situation and decides to post something that's either ironic, arrogant, or just naive. That's degrading your reputation, so basically it's nothing.

International 4-8818
10-20-2008, 11:38 PM
I don't really care about people bad repping me for my posts. well that is if it is a good reason. Some like OMG I HATE THAT SONG or OMG YOU ARE MEAN, well you are going to get it back. One that i really hate is when people do not leave there name. Pisses me off.

Acnologia
10-20-2008, 11:41 PM
I don't care about rep, why should I? Its just a silly internet plug in, the green blocks are pixels, why get worked up about what some kid on the net has to say about me? They mean nothing to me.

Sorry to sound heartless, but thats my opinion. I do enjoy the friends I have here though.

Jose
10-21-2008, 12:51 AM
Don't we have enough threads about rep yet?

I swear someone should just make a sticky thread for people to cry about it there. I only care about rep when they don't leave their name, yet they are so stupid, I know at least 6 moderators who would tell me if I asked. So really what's the point?

Negative reputation should be about expressing disagreement with the post or the user, and without a name attached then that basically mean your rep/opinion was/is useless. Let me explain....

Member A: Some random new member
Member B: Respected member
Member C: Staff member
Member D: Ignorant Troll

If Member D made a post and all Members [A,B,C] neg rep them, with leaving his/her name then the member d won't really know that they have broken a rule, they might just like they are being picked on, by random people on cyberspace.

However should the Members A,B,C leave a good reason for the neg rep and name then member could reply asking about the rules or whatever.

OminousCloud
10-21-2008, 04:39 AM
I think it depends on how you rep. For example, if you good rep someone because you like their signature/avatar, you should be able to bad rep someone for their signature/avatar. If you good rep someone for their opinion, you should be able to bad rep someone for their opinion.

Consistency is the key.

Famahama
10-21-2008, 04:59 AM
Stating opinions, well not really. Unless its a lieing statement on religion, then I may bad rep. I will not let people read lies D:

That, and when the poster paid no attention, like this little girl,
SUMITA (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=79521)
Yeap, nice wallpaper.
(Fresh out out of the Bad-rep oven yo)

-akichan-
10-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Stating opinions, well not really. Unless its a lieing statement on religion, then I may bad rep. I will not let people read lies D:

How can you figure out that person is lying? So it's like...a girl with a buddha necklace and she says she's a christian? o.o;

Well...reminding of religion...and base on my experience, it is best to NOT post in threads about religion or sex orientations. Even if you know about it perfectly, and have a good point, in those types of sensitive threads will always have people starting conflicts of prejudice, and gets everyone in trouble.

lady_jesika
10-21-2008, 10:07 AM
i hate being bad repped for that, its retarded -.-
i mean, whats the point of a thread or a blog if not to voice your personal opinion, if they dont like it they dont have to friggin read it!!:cool:

Sanosuke23
10-21-2008, 09:44 PM
The only people that have bad repped me for voicing my opinions are idiots.

That being said, I've only been bad repped, like, three or four times not counting trolls *coughcoughAi,Maverickercoughcough*

Amray The II
10-22-2008, 09:23 AM
Negative reputation does not bother me at all, usually because the messages left by the, often "annonymous", user are pathetically funny. There is also sometimes the odd user that leaves another members name after the reputation to stay undercover. Then ofcourse there are the users that hold grudges against you and type something silly making it obvious who it is, then afterwards going back to the home page with a sense of accomplishment...even though all they have done is lowered another members' reputation, on a forum, by 4 points or what not, thinking they are this big funny person..

If I cared about my reputation on this site then I might agree with you, although I do not so that is all I can comment on. I honestly expected that I would be in deep red reputation by now, so anything above red reputation I should really be proud of, even if my rep power was just 10 points alone.

LadyAmy
10-22-2008, 09:57 AM
someone gave to me bad rep... I was just saying my opinion.. i don't think it's fair but that person don't write who she/he is so.. wtv. If i like some character i don't think i have to get bad rep for that... But again it's just my opinion.

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Caring about rep is pointless. That said, I find there is a strong correlation between stupid opinions and receiving negative rep for those opinions.

Kariya The Wind
10-22-2008, 10:36 AM
I don't care, I say what I want when I want. If people don't like it, too bad, go cry to someone who cares.

Anime-Prince
10-22-2008, 05:22 PM
I guess for me it all depends who's giving the rep. If its someone i respect then i might want to look into it. It might be something they've picked up on that i could improve, or something they have misinterpretated.

Although on the scale of life.. i don't care about anime forum dot coms rep... :)

Monstuurrrr
10-22-2008, 05:48 PM
Hahah!! Reputation on the internet.. HAHAHAHA.. Republicans? HAHAHA, both are a joke, I could care less for my reputation on this site, because it won't affect me in real life, and yeah I like stating my opinion and I like people responding it, that's the fun in debating and arguing, just to get your point across, even though it won't change the other's opinion of themself.

But I don't mind what people say, it just goes through one ear and out the other.

Lady Edani
10-22-2008, 05:53 PM
i hate it when people give you a bad rep for some stuid things. i can't stand it when they talk trash about what you wrote and they don't even leave thier name.

Mmmmmmmmmm
10-22-2008, 06:29 PM
i hate it when people give you a bad rep for some stuid things. i can't stand it when they talk trash about what you wrote and they don't even leave thier name.
They're people who are over concerned about their reputation on AF. They think that because you have a different belief, they have the right to give you negative reputation. They're just abusing it and being morons.

And if you're really concerned with who left reputation without leaving their name, ask a staff member.

~*Red*~
10-23-2008, 03:43 AM
I was really offended when people gave me bad rep when I first came here, but now I don't worry about it - it won't affect me in real life.

LittleMomo
10-23-2008, 04:38 AM
To me, Rep is a secret message ^^ you'll never know what cha gonna get until you see it :P But there are ppl who take it seriously and those who take it for fun. Repping is for "good" fun, not for bad repping you know? But then again...bad repping is for those who can't stand that person. Overall to me, rep is just fun fun fun :]

tokyoNH
10-23-2008, 05:54 AM
This is the reason why I turn off that plugin (rep) on any forum I either create or help others run. Things like rep power, awards, etc. take away from the real meaning of the forum. To get together and discuss a topic at hand. I noticed it here, but am not bothered that I have no rep power. People can take what they want from me when I post. If they don't like me, that's OK. If they do, awesome. I always like to meet someone new.

But rep power seems to be nothing more than a tool to help others "pre-judge" a site member.

Eris
10-23-2008, 10:07 AM
Generally, if you explain your opinions, you will not receive bad Rep, either in forums, or in real life situations.

You must be new here. Welcome to AF.

Ramona Flowers
10-23-2008, 10:13 AM
I <3 bad reps, but I've had maybe three the entire time I've been here. :\ Come on friends, gimme gimme those spicey red pixels.

Exquiro
10-23-2008, 10:45 AM
I think it's cool to have a humongous post count and small rep. That's the way to show you don't care what people think about your opinions. Unless you spam every post.

If you make lame posts, you don't get rep. If you have any kind of decent qualities, then you will get rep whether you like it or not. I think having low rep is more likely to show that you don't care about the content of your posts than anything else.

Slightly more on topic: I don't mind recieving negative rep. What I do mind is people who would rather neg rep me saying "you're wrong" than post some kind of decent counter argument, or discuss our difference in views or whatever.

Middy
10-23-2008, 02:00 PM
You must be new here. Welcome to AF.

LOL!!

Stop crushing me idealistic dreams Eris!

I did say generally.....:laugh:

Mmmmmmmmmm
10-23-2008, 02:28 PM
If you make lame posts, you don't get rep. If you have any kind of decent qualities, then you will get rep whether you like it or not. I think having low rep is more likely to show that you don't care about the content of your posts than anything else.

Slightly more on topic: I don't mind recieving negative rep. What I do mind is people who would rather neg rep me saying "you're wrong" than post some kind of decent counter argument, or discuss our difference in views or whatever.
Not necessarily. Those people who give out "random reps" on a post like on the old band name game, I wouldn't consider any of those post worth while.

I think having low rep is more likely to show that you don't care about the content of your posts than anything else.

Not necessarily, I'm sure there are numerous members out there with many posts, low reputation, and has no bad content.

Amray The II
10-23-2008, 03:36 PM
As long as my real life reputation does not decrease then I will remain happy, which is natural for a popular being, such as myself.

Worrying about having a bad reputation, even if recieved for a stupid or unjustified reason, on a mere forum is just ridiculous. If you worry over it you are not doing anything in your favour. It will only reflect how much of a no-life person that you are.

I myself do not even give users bad reputation anymore, so this gives you users a nice, big chance at sending me some without the fear of even recieving any back! Just be brave enough to leave your full username afterwards you fools, there is no need to stay annonymous with me now.

Kalila Chan
10-23-2008, 04:13 PM
I havnt really thought about reps. I wouldnt really care if someone bad repped me for my own opinions. All that matters that thinking my own opinions are good enough to me.

Exquiro
10-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Not necessarily. Those people who give out "random reps" on a post like on the old band name game, I wouldn't consider any of those post worth while.

You're right; not necessarily. Sometimes people make lame posts and get rep anyway.

Not necessarily, I'm sure there are numerous members out there with many posts, low reputation, and has no bad content.

This, I'm not so sure about. I usually find that it's not the posts with "no bad content" that recieve rep, but the posts with good (this word is far too subjective) content. If you're not bothered, and often make short posts which, for example, directly answer the thread title, "I can use chopsticks", then I can't imagine why anyone would see reason to rep you.

ElderSage
10-23-2008, 09:02 PM
Ok I am not complaining but don't you get tired of being bad repped for stating your opinion? Please tell.

To be honest that was on feature I really didn't like when I joined the forum. Not only can it serve as a means of offending people which can cause a person to quit it also cause the newer ppl that join to be shunned off away from certain people.

Android 19-90
10-23-2008, 11:58 PM
I always wondered what is the point of rep (forum-wise)?
If someone not agreeing with an opinion equals incorrectly used bad repping what is justified bad repping?

Konata Izumi
10-24-2008, 01:53 AM
I don't actually care all that much about reputation. I would care though if they were light blue instead of green.

Cancre
10-24-2008, 06:40 AM
nobody realises it but when i stop writing for ages means i got bad repped because i seclude myself in room going gaaah bad rep must not go back on and usually i go back on to get some good rep then get bad repped again process repeats it's really terrible people should stop bad repping for nothing

Mmmmmmmmmm
10-24-2008, 09:29 AM
This, I'm not so sure about. I usually find that it's not the posts with "no bad content" that recieve rep, but the posts with good (this word is far too subjective) content. If you're not bothered, and often make short posts which, for example, directly answer the thread title, "I can use chopsticks", then I can't imagine why anyone would see reason to rep you.
I know Nighthawk rarely posts, but his rep is only 154. You'd think it'd be huge, taking in consideration of everyone trying to suck up to him. And Fiery, who has a larger post count than mine, has lower reputation than me. I'm ninety-nine percent sure she kept her posts with content. And another example is sunnyside. I haven't see all his posts, but the ones I have seen are reasonably content.

(And most of them don't even re-state the thread title with only two or three words after it.)

-akichan-
10-26-2008, 08:29 PM
I don't understand why people still don't know why there is an opportunity for them to bad rep other people. Like this one here...the MOST ridiculous rep I've ever gotten since I joined AF

"The British are not cute. What have they got going for them? That stupid accent? I once gave a Brit a beating for his attitude about things. I am better than any lowly Brit."

I feel extremely sorry for those who are British...Plus, that person didn't leave a name. I hardly get mad, but this one is what would really get me on fire. What does this message contains? Racisms, prejudice, anonymous, and a stupid reason. If the member who bad repped me is American, then he/she should know where did the language "English" came from. Saying that British accent is stupid meaning that whatever he/she is speaking is stupid.

Although there has been a few threads about reputation, but none helps.

Ignorants like that really gets me on fire!

Bad reps don't affect me, but the reasons does, because I don't like people who acts so childish like that person! ><

Lady Edani
10-26-2008, 08:38 PM
i hate getting bad reps because of the guy i like has colored hair. >sigature picture<here's a few:

You have a problem with jeff hardy and a girl who likes rustling pretty scary and you must be a no life : conclusion get a life

Seriously...shut up. No one likes Jeff Hardy and no one likes you. You fail horribly.

-akichan-
10-26-2008, 08:51 PM
i hate getting bad reps because of the guy i like has colored hair. >sigature picture<here's a few:

You have a problem with jeff hardy and a girl who likes rustling pretty scary and you must be a no life : conclusion get a life

Seriously...shut up. No one likes Jeff Hardy and no one likes you. You fail horribly.

I wonder if that's the same person who I just talked about on the previous page...the one that seriously got me all fired up...Can't believe that, eh~

Wio
10-26-2008, 08:53 PM
What's the point of bad reps then, guys?

Why shouldn't someone bad rep people they disagree with?

ElderSage
10-26-2008, 09:02 PM

Real question is what right do you have to bad rep people for voicing their own opinion about something.

Jose
10-26-2008, 09:06 PM
Real question is what right do you have to bad rep people for voicing their own opinion about something. Fact of the matter is that the general rep system only serve as a means to alienate people from the site.

Why do care?

He has the right to rep anyone in any matter he chooses. The fact is if you act nice then you'll have 1000's of rep power without even trying its not that hard. I believe this the second time I have made it to the 5000's of rep power without trying. The rep only reflects the opinion of certain random members of the site. How exactly does it alienate people, there is a reason (for the most part) that someone bad reps you and if it's not part of the staff then why does it matter?

Khanxay
10-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Huh. I should bad rep every person in this topic just to see how many get pissed off. Won't that be fun?

I wonder...would that count as a flamebait???

-akichan-
10-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Real question is what right do you have to bad rep people for voicing their own opinion about something.

Also, what's right does people have to bad rep people with what THEY experienced with another person. Putting own experience into others is really wrong.

True, but you gotta know that people should bad rep with why and what they disagree with. Their purposes was to tell others what they experienced, so that when other people likes what that person suffered, those people gets the bad rep. Bad repping someone because of what they went through is simply stupid.

Huh. I should bad rep every person in this topic just to see how many get pissed off. Won't that be fun?

I wonder...would that count as a flamebait???

Go head, and see what others would do to you. I really don't care, but it shows your stupidity of bad repping everyone to test how powerful your rep is. Which tells me to apologize to you, cos I feel sorry =]

Capernicus
10-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Let us add to the list of things people should never talk about: religion, politics, and rep.

=D

Jose, you are such a repwhore it's not even funny. That's why your rep is so high: you give so much out. I swear you repped me one day and then again 3 days later. It takes me like 2 months to do that! D=

Aki, Khanxay = GaMeGoD If you know that, then I believe you will take his comment more in context. If not, he only meant that no one should care about rep, and that he certainly does it. He wasn't trying to say he wants to test out his rep power.

No one bad rep me please. :( I'm very sensitive.

-akichan-
10-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Oh god I really dont want to make this such a big deal cos it's stupid.

Jose--I honestly don't like the way you're saying that you're gaining that much power not even trying...no one cares. "I believe this the second time I have made it to the 5000's of rep power without trying." Seriously, what are you trying to say here? High rep power doesn't totally represent how many amazing stuff you did, or you better than everyone else here. You have to remember what exactly you did to gain that much power. Well, nothing but how you said it really doesn't satisfy me.

Cap--I never mind about reps, but what I mind the most is what people says in the rep. Read the one I got, then you'll understand.

Wio
10-26-2008, 10:23 PM
AF gives people the liberty to bad/good rep anyone for any reason. It's not a right but a liberty.

I have only bad repped a few people.

@Jose: I'm sorry, but your rep is a joke. It's not accurate at all. The whole "over 1k" easily is a joke. I'm not the most agreeable member here, but most of my posts are pretty well thought, or at least easy to read. I've seen you and your cronies lolling about in the "What's your favorite X" or "What did you X recently" topics.

Hell, if someone wants to rep namelessly, go them! All I think that should be required is a reason. No blank reps.

Jose
10-26-2008, 10:25 PM
Caps:Oh really? Well I do remember that we can rep up to 10 people a day. Outside of my signature thread or Intuition I tend not to rep people anymore. If really were a repwhore I'd max out the amount of reputation I can give every single day. In the last week or so I'll rep maybe 13 people for either being part of IGFX or commenting my signature thread. Don't believe me?
http://www.yinyanganime.com/intgfx/Untitled%20picture.png a
nd not really you've rep with once then 3-5 days later rep me again, I could find it in the archives. Even if you point stand you can look at my rep in my profile, none of it was something like "reps back" or anything of that effect so it shouldn't matter if I whored out my rep power.

Aki:The fact is I was simply putting up an example, why do people about rep so much? People think it's so hard to to raise it, yet most people don't even use it anymore. The entire point of the that was why care if someone neg reps you, if they aren't part of the staff why should it matter?

Gamegod: Do it, just for the lulz, and see how many more thread result from it.

Wio: Really, I just searched my post, and other than a couple of birthday threads, I don't see anything outside of Pay to Post or something relating to graphic designs. I'm pretty good at finding stuff via the search function ask Maru, so yeah. Unless you are talking about something that happened a long time ago.

Capernicus
10-27-2008, 12:16 AM
Find it in the archives then. I am positive I am never able to rep the same person in the same month, let alone same week. v.v

Wio
10-27-2008, 12:28 AM
Let's just be practical here. Jose, the fact that Capernicus has less rep than you despite being here almost 3 times longer makes no sense... especially since you got your rep downsized. Capernicus isn't a bad poster, and she should at least have more rep than you.

You've mastered the rep system and know all the techniques to pump it, congrats. The unfortunate side effect though is that no one is going to take your rep seriously.

Ollie
10-27-2008, 12:31 AM
@Jose: I'm sorry, but your rep is a joke. It's not accurate at all. The whole "over 1k" easily is a joke. I'm not the most agreeable member here, but most of my posts are pretty well thought, or at least easy to read. I've seen you and your cronies lolling about in the "What's your favorite X" or "What did you X recently" topics.
ughhh I'm so glad someone came out and said it.

Jose
10-27-2008, 12:35 AM
Let's just be practical here. Jose, the fact that Capernicus has less rep than you despite being here almost 3 times longer makes no sense... especially since you got your rep downsized. Capernicus isn't a bad poster, and she should at least have more rep than you.

You've mastered the rep system and know all the techniques to pump it, congrats. The unfortunate side effect though is that no one is going to take your rep seriously.

No one ever said she was. I agree Capernicus should have a higher/more rep power then I do, but that's not really up to me now is it?

By the way does anyone take anyone's rep seriously now and days?

-akichan-
10-27-2008, 12:39 AM
Back from my lazy studying...

It's true that no one takes reputation seriously now, that's why people bad reps people for ridiculous reasons, in other words, they don't even know how to neg rep somebody. All people care is the point and power.

I suggest to end this argument if we want to keep this thread open for more people to share what they got. I mean...you guys probably don't look at this as an argument, but others will, so lets end it with RP-style handshakes.

What matters shouldn't be the points you're gaining or losing, but the people is what matters to me more, because I just simply hate ignorants.

Back to my study...

Wio
10-27-2008, 12:42 AM
By the way does anyone take anyone's rep seriously now and days?
I do.

It's not that I get upset or excited every time I get repped, however I do look at people's reps. It's nice to get a good rep and read it too. It's even more fun when you look at people who got negative rep.

I'll tend to look at rep to see how notorious an AF member is. I know that yours should be halved, at least, to be considered accurate. To be honest, when I look at the reps you have gotten and read the posts, they bore me. When you look at someone's repped posts (which I'll do from time to time) you shouldn't be bored.

Capernicus
10-27-2008, 12:42 AM
I am campaigning now for more reps. Rep for me! =D

jk

Wio
10-27-2008, 12:59 AM
I am campaigning now for more reps. Rep for me! =D

jk
I can't because I can't get through my rep cycle. Honestly, I don't want to rep people out of nowhere, but if someone says "please rep me" I'll do it. There are some good posts I wanna rep.

Mmmmmmmmmm
10-27-2008, 03:48 PM
I know that yours should be halved, at least,
Seriously, I think it should be more than that. Maybe to 1000. All of his "reps" are from random reps or "repping you back" scenarios. And the exapmle you gave earlier, you're right. Often I wonder if Jose's self-confidence comes from his reputation.

Jose
10-28-2008, 01:59 AM
Seriously, I think it should be more than that. Maybe to 1000. All of his "reps" are from random reps or "repping you back" scenarios. And the exapmle you gave earlier, you're right. Often I wonder if Jose's self-confidence comes from his reputation.

Why is it that you insist about talking about my rep every single chance you get? It seems you have a bit of obsession in my opinion. Just to prove you wrong lets look at my last rep okay? and Sean I'm a naturally confident person.

PhoenixChan*~: I haven't repped her since her victory in SOTW 22, I don't know why you people belittle photoshopping, it's a lot harder than simply stating your opinion. It takes maybe a couple of minutes to think about something and type yet, photoshopping may take hours if not days, if that's not worth rep then I don't know what is. (did rep back)

Random Person: hmm pretty sure I didn't rep them I could ask a moderator to check but honestly I don't care enough. (didn't purposely rep if i have at all)

KP4: So he repped me because of my improvement in photo editing, like I said before, 2-3 hours on photoshop per signature or 5 minutes typing. I think hours of work would be more worth of rep or at least more so then me going on and on about Obama/McCain or the economy etc. (didn't rep back)

Miss Independent: She enjoyed me being mean to random person, who later came and trolled that crap out of the forum, so yeah. (didn't rep back)

Exquiro: Haven't talk to her since summer, much less repped her, again was repped for my signature *hours of work*. (didn't rep back)

moonlightkisu: something outside of AF (didn't rep back)

-Raiken-: We shared an opinion on a topic, that would fall under what you call regular post. (didn't rep back)

Aki: So bother to be mature enough to take this same issue up with me privately, so she understood all of my points so she repped me (I repped back to undo an unworthy rep)

janeiro: repped me because he thought I guess right (didn't rep back)

So clearly if you can find all of the people's profile and see if I am telling the truth or not, you seem to focus so much on rep. You claim I care about rep so much yet I hardly ever bring it up, yet other member bring my name up so much.

Wio: Just stop, get over overself, people post interesting ideas/art all the time. You just don't think they are worthy of you rep, in any case if you really want get pass your rep cycle just bad rep people. Just as we have good post on AF we also have bad post, don't feel like casting judgement? Then neg rep plagiarism, if you think anything would be worthy on neg rep it would be plagiarism, it happens here a lot than you might think.

Daenerys
10-28-2008, 02:31 AM
ughhh I'm so glad someone came out and said it.
And that person wasnt even here when he requested his rep be reset because he knew he cheated to get it :o

-akichan-
10-28-2008, 11:05 AM
Aki: So bother to be mature enough to take this same issue up with me privately, so she understood all of my points so she repped me (I repped back to undo an unworthy rep)

Privately is what I always maintain to be done with no matter who it is or where the situation takes place. It is a respect. I repped, because you considered what I said to you in a good way without arguing like of other "kids" who can't get over being taught. I appreciated how nice you were while you were accepting my criticism (or in another word? i don't know if criticism makes sense).

Ai--I'm glad that you actually had a good reason to wonder why my reo isn't high. To answer that question, I used to be asking people to rep me when I was still an AF baby, but as time goes on, I think asking for rep is another way of showing stupidity of a loser who can't give out anything for benefits. So yeah, thanks for seeing that^^; <3

Another reason I think why myv point isn't high but those who joined 3 months ago are way higher, I guess it is because I don't post in every single categories, people don't know me (still...-.-) and my words aren't really grabbing any attentions. Intead, what people disagree with me seems to be extremely often, that almost nobody care what are the good points I am ABLE to point out, so basically I feel like I'm looking dumb at some points. I often see other peoples' posts that are after mine actually talks about the exact same thing like a copy and paste, they get quoted with agreements, and get reps. I don't care about reputations, but it does make me look and feel stupid of myself that people don't notice any of my good points, but instead, they all pay attention to my neg points. And most people just look simply look at me as a target to test their rep power, which I found very stupid. Most of those neg comments I get is mostly from the "post your pic" thread, because some people think I look stupid, or look like an "s-word" (not sword). And others I usually get are based on their one-time experience, like someone had a conflict with a British, then that person just neg repped me for saying how cute Brit men are, saying that all those stupid Brit got is the stupid accent. It's not the points that affects me, it is the people who are against me and say things to me that really stabs.

Sorry for being so straight forward, but these are all I've been going through, it was too much for me. So please, I'm not too bad, right? But I don't see why none of my good points get approval, instead, people just pay so much attention into disagreements with me.

Jose--I was reading through what you respond to Wio, I think I'm starting to bad rep those who plagiarize, because I'm starting to get angry at those that talks about the exact same thing as I did to get benefits. I just don't remember their names. Plagiarism is what I really can't stand with, stealing ideas as own instead of quoting and telling why giving an agreement. I think that is very rude. So thx for inspiring me, I'm going to do that from now on.

Kishiro
10-28-2008, 11:43 AM
Hello everyone!

Since I apparently brought the "Rep Wars" to public light last time, I thought it might be fun if I threw in a couple words on the whole rep thing, and I hope you all take it to heart and remember these three main points.

1) Good Rep: Give it where it is due. For good posts, thoughtful posts, profound posts (however rare), or a post where someone completely owns someone in the obvious wrong without flaming them, but rather outsmarting them. Do not bad rep people simply because their opinion is different than yours. That's no legitimate reason.

2) Bad Rep: Get over it. You get it every now and then. Sometimes it is warranted, sometimes it isn't. Sometimes, it is flat out harassment, and at that point, contact Princess Minako or Kaitou Ace. Give it out when you know someone has said something really stupid, or off topic, ignorant, racist, trolls, etc. You get the idea. Don't be afraid to use it. It is there for a reason.

3) Jose101: He asked for his rep to be reset, then started rep whoring again. We all know it. No one takes him seriously. No one believes in his rep score or rep power, getting rep from Jose101 is like seeing dirt on the ground, it doesn't mean anything and it isn't special. You're best if you just ignore it and act like you never even noticed it was there.

What's the point in having a rep system where the reputation levels are inaccurate and do not reflect good insightful and coherent posts. Where all the people with the highest scores are typically dumb kids who constantly rep as many people as possible in a 24 hour period to boost their own score by asking for rep back?

Listen, a good/high rep score should be indicative of a good forum user. Not a spam monarch. And a low rep score should be indicative of a generally unsound, disagreeable, or unpleasant forum user.

In short-- learn to rep system, nubs.
Also, please be aware that we (the staff) are not going to tell you who left you reputation, be it good or bad. If the person leaves their name, good for them! If not, tough for you.

-akichan-
10-28-2008, 11:49 AM
What's the point in having a rep system where the reputation levels are inaccurate and do not reflect good insightful and coherent posts. Where all the people with the highest scores are typically dumb kids who constantly rep as many people as possible in a 24 hour period to boost their own score by asking for rep back?

That's why there are so many "oooh random reppies for you!!!". Yeah, I mean "random" reps -.-...

Also, please be aware that we (the staff) are not going to tell you who left you reputation, be it good or bad. If the person leaves their name, good for them! If not, tough for you.

But aren't you guys going to do something?! Since leaving a name is the rule. If none of us are following that rule that has been set for almost a year ago, then would there be something needed to do to make that rule noticeable?! Because if it is our responsibility to endure all those anonymous neg reps from those who are scared to get neg back, then why is the rule being set up?! That's the problem...

Kishiro
10-28-2008, 11:57 AM
But aren't you guys going to do something?! Since leaving a name is the rule. If none of us are following that rule that has been set for almost a year ago, then would there be something needed to do to make that rule noticeable?! Because if it is our responsibility to endure all those anonymous neg reps from those who are scared to get neg back, then why is the rule being set up?! That's the problem...

As far as I know, or can recall, there has only been a rule that we (the staff) leave our names when we rep people. I don't ever recall in all my years here there being a rule that forum members leave their names.

Maybe I'm missing something! If you could link that somewhere in the rules, that'd honestly be great. :D

Ωmega
10-28-2008, 12:03 PM
Its only mandatory for the staff to leave their names, which was only set about a year or so ago when someone went around leaving reps with my name and Fabala's .
If this was enforced earlier, then I didnt see it. But members do -not- have to leave their name if they dont want to. If they did, Im sure the system would be automated so that it automatically showed who left what rep.

Also, This thread is [B]NOT about Jose's rep. Lets get off this and back to the original topic of bad rep. Sure, many of you are upset by it, but flaming him isnt helping. I'll be deleting any posts from here on out about any complaints about his or anyone elses rep being too high.

Dxon
10-28-2008, 01:26 PM
People say they don't care when they get bad repped. I do for a little. It gives people an impression what the general crowd on AF thinks of you. (Since nobody manly enough will give their name with every bad rep)

But in the end I don't really care that much. I am who I am and if people don't like then I'm just fine with that. Hence the little scarf in my left panel.

drm0ney
10-28-2008, 02:05 PM
I notice peoples reps. I don't automatically like them if they have a high rep, or hate them if their rep is red. But it does give me an idea as to what the person is like.
And because of that I don't randomly rep people, if i agree with what they post and think it goes above what normally is posted I'll good rep them. And if they totally failed(like give false info/can't back it up, or are trying to sound like they know something when they don't) than i'll negative rep them.

Amray The II
10-28-2008, 02:06 PM
The only time that I have given reputation back to someone is the time when someone left a very funny comment in the provided comment box. So I gave them rep back for making me laugh. That was just once though..

-akichan-
10-28-2008, 02:12 PM
Sean--Just stop it...I mean...the whole Jose thing is getting really annoying now...it's a page ago!

---
I often look at peoples' profiles and take a look at their reps, but not the point I look for, it's what others says to them when they rep. Of course seeing a person (even if that person is nice) but gets 5 red boxes straight, what would others think? That the person is bad, right? So the color of boxes does decide what others think of the person. -sigh- which is unfair...life is unfair T.T

Mmmmmmmmmm
10-28-2008, 02:33 PM
Sean--Just stop it...I mean...the whole Jose thing is getting really annoying now...it's a page ago!

I was simply replying to what he had to say about me.

I often look at peoples' profiles and take a look at their reps, but not the point I look for, it's what others says to them when they rep. Of course seeing a person (even if that person is nice) but gets 5 red boxes straight, what would others think? That the person is bad, right? So the color of boxes does decide what others think of the person. -sigh- which is unfair...life is unfair
That's why you don't judge people just by their reputation. If some people do, it's their problem.

And as far as I see, everyone who's posted in this thread disagrees that somebodies reputation makes other members have an instant bad/good opinion about the member.

The one thing is it may confuse new members if they even understand the system. They'll probably judge members with no hesitation.

-akichan-
10-28-2008, 02:38 PM
That's why you don't judge people just by their reputation. If some people do, it's their problem.

Not saying that's what I do, because reputation is only what people think of that person, but the points and the number of red boxes does make some people think that "nice" person is a bad person. Why would I judge people by their reputations?! We all know that reputation is only what people think, right? =\

Amray The II
10-28-2008, 02:44 PM
Well, if a person has over 1000 power of reputation earned then they are usually looked at in a good light anyway. They have earned those 1000 points of power because they can be decent people. That is how I see it anyway. If a person has over 4000 then they are glorious members that are just simply nice. That does not necessarily mean that I like them though as some of the members on here with a lot of reputation, I do not particularly like as an individual. Nonetheless they obviously have done some decent things somwehere during their time here.

If a member has 5000 posts and only 155 rep power, then that obviously shows 'something' about the way that they act. I do not need to say what, 'tis obvious.

*Tsuki*
10-28-2008, 04:31 PM
well, I haven't been bad repped before, but I don't really bad rep people myself. I mean, sometimes when they say something really rude that can hurt people's feelings. Like, when people say that someone's thread is stupid it gets on my nerves. I mean, if you don't like it why even bother going through all the hastle of trying to make fun of them for it. If you don't like the thread then move on to a different one! Sometimes I feel like bad repping them, but why bother? It was there choice to go and say that they don't like it. It wasted enough of my time reading it. Why bother going through the trouble of telling them that they're mean? That would just waste time that I don't need to spend on them. Getting Kinda off topic there. But, I know that there are people who posted saying that they hate it when people don't name themselves. . . well, I don't really bad rep but I do good rep and a lot of times I forget my name. Sorry. There. And also, even though I haven't really been bad repped before, I still think that it would be stupid for someone to bad rep you over an opinion. Unless you are being really unreasonable and not even trying to show a little bit of kindness.

Acnologia
10-28-2008, 05:41 PM
I remember one time, I kept getting negged all the time, I think in my archieve theres a whole page of negs, lol. I had to add to my sig "I don't care if you neg me, but at least have the guts to leave your name." That stopped people, but it is kinda agitating when one negs you for no reason.

starchaser
10-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Someone gave me bad rep saying this today:
"Not all Brits are intelligent. Also, what's with those stupid accents? Are they stereotypically smarter and more sophisticated than Americans?"

They didn't leave their name.

It was in response to me saying that I loved Brit geek boys... probably because I'm a Brit geek girl. Some people are idiots.

-akichan-
10-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Someone gave me bad rep saying this today:
"Not all Brits are intelligent. Also, what's with those stupid accents? Are they stereotypically smarter and more sophisticated than Americans?"

They didn't leave their name.

It was in response to me saying that I loved Brit geek boys... probably because I'm a Brit geek girl. Some people are idiots.

Lawl on that, the exact same person said the exact same thing to me a couple days ago, which I found it funny that if this person is American, knowing that English was originally from England, he/she would find it dumb too, that this person is just speaking another form of the same language. There's seriously no right to put prejudice into other languages...It's just a piece of jealousy that person is going through, so no need to pay attention to that loser.

Anime-Prince
10-28-2008, 07:37 PM
You should see the last two reps i got.

One was from Princess Ai because she didn't like the fact that another member bad repped her and not me for having a discussion on her poem.

And a guy calling himself KDK bad repped me saying "its nothing against you, just cancelling out the one below"
I mean what kind of rep is that to recieve?

What kind of person wastes there time like that? And to make what point? Its also the most boring rep i have ever recieved.

-akichan-
10-28-2008, 08:00 PM
No matter you're positive or negative, you'd still get random neg reps like those insane people out there shooting random people.

Reason why is because a lot of people today are not taking the system seriously. Random neg rep...yes it exists, but they tend to put a little message to cover there randomness, such as "ehh..I hate you" or "I disagree". Simple as those with hidden reasons.

One more thing I found it funny...is that people cusses in the rep but not knowing how beautiful the stars looks when they make complete spelling of the words XD

Mmmmmmmmmm
10-28-2008, 08:06 PM
No matter you're positive or negative, you'd still get random neg reps like those insane people out there shooting random people.
Really? I honestly have never recieved a random negative reputation. They're "within" meaning, even if they're truly not. (I can understand their point of view), and if people do that, I'd presume they're trolls.

Diocletian
10-28-2008, 08:11 PM
I had no idea rep was that much serious business.As long as the message isn't a bad one you shouldn't care.

MissAstaire
10-28-2008, 08:12 PM
I think rep is stupid. In my opinion, rep shouldn't be. Instead, if you liked something someone said, there should just be the comment. Just like reputation, just with out all the stupid little "points". I mean seriously, if you have a problem with a comment someone said in a thread, take it up with them personally. Somebody else said the same thing and I agree. I got [first] bad repped yesterday because of a differeing outlook on life. It was just... dumb. How I see it? Screw the rep system. Don't think of it, don't care about it. If someone is being an absolute wicked troll, then yes, by all means negative rep. Other than that, ignore the person's whole post. It's not worth it.

Mmmmmmmmmm
10-28-2008, 08:31 PM
I think rep is stupid. In my opinion, rep shouldn't be. Instead, if you liked something someone said, there should just be the comment.
Then there would be spam comments going "Nicely said member name!!!" when they don't mean it, just want to boost their post count.

MissAstaire
10-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Then there would be spam comments going "Nicely said member name!!!" when they don't mean it, just want to boost their post count.

Which is precisely why the profile comments wouldn't be counted as an actual forum/thread post. Kind of like the blogs. You can comment all you want in them, but you can't one-up your post count by it.

Mmmmmmmmmm
10-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Which is precisely why the profile comments wouldn't be counted as an actual forum/thread post. Kind of like the blogs. You can comment all you want in them, but you can't one-up your post count by it.
You never mentioned the profile commenting, but I think there was a debate about this in Site Issues/Questions a while ago. It comes when we update the board (I think).

MissAstaire
10-28-2008, 08:49 PM
You never mentioned the profile commenting, but I think there was a debate about this in Site Issues/Questions a while ago. It comes when we update the board (I think).

Bah, I knew I forgot something. Mind wandered and lost thought train.

Sanosuke23
10-29-2008, 12:09 AM
If they did, Im sure the system would be automated so that it automatically showed who left what rep.

Gosh, if only there was, like, a way to make that an option, like with some sort of board-specific currency maybe. ;P

Kalila Chan
11-03-2008, 05:39 PM
I don't understand why people still don't know why there is an opportunity for them to bad rep other people. Like this one here...the MOST ridiculous rep I've ever gotten since I joined AF

"The British are not cute. What have they got going for them? That stupid accent? I once gave a Brit a beating for his attitude about things. I am better than any lowly Brit."

I feel extremely sorry for those who are British...Plus, that person didn't leave a name. I hardly get mad, but this one is what would really get me on fire. What does this message contains? Racisms, prejudice, anonymous, and a stupid reason. If the member who bad repped me is American, then he/she should know where did the language "English" came from. Saying that British accent is stupid meaning that whatever he/she is speaking is stupid.

Although there has been a few threads about reputation, but none helps.

Ignorants like that really gets me on fire!

Bad reps don't affect me, but the reasons does, because I don't like people who acts so childish like that person! ><

As a Brit myself i find that offensive and racist. But what can i do? But yea thats gotta be one of the stupidest reps ever.

Hamashimura
11-07-2008, 03:05 AM

Not really...Reputation means nothing,it was something earlier,but nowadays the complete system is ruined...
Oh well...
I got bad repped quite times for stating my opinion,and I don't mind,people are more than welcome to think about my thoughts and myself as they wish,especially if they are some random persons who don't even know me...
I usually just ignore it,but in some cases I just rep back with explanation,or send a PM with explanation if I think that person doesn't deserve bad rep...Do they want to trust in my words,it's up to them...
If they leave no name,I usually just ignore it,because I see no point in researching who did that...
Rep is rep,it's yours to give...

Anime-Prince
11-08-2008, 07:28 PM
As a Brit myself i find that offensive and racist. But what can i do? But yea thats gotta be one of the stupidest reps ever.

Totally agree with you. I also find that offensive. However it was obviously stated by a complete and utter coward, who must find it hard to stand up to a rainy day never mind any kind of challenge. He/she must have done it for attention.

SigmaSD
11-08-2008, 07:40 PM
I have never given a bad rep to anyone, because I think everyone is entitled to their opinions. I do however, give good rep whenever I agree with someone, when I think something is funny, or when someone makes a good argument. I don't think many people care thought.

Felidire
11-08-2008, 09:49 PM
I don't think i've been anything-repped yet. lol

..watch 25 people bad-rep this post. xD

.Gogo
11-08-2008, 10:17 PM

The person who bad reps you is also stating an opinion though. Their opinion that they don't like your opinion o_O

I always leave my username on reps I give though. I think it's cowardly not to, if you're bad repping someone.

As for myself... I have never recieved a negative reputation =0 And please, don't neg-rep me just because I said that... >_<;

Anyways, I like the reputation system. It's a good way to say hey to a buddy, or to let someone know how you feel about their posts. I also rep people if they have a nice signature and/or av. I think it's a nice to see what people think of you.

I personally love having a rep system. Yes, recieving neg rep is a downfall, especially if it's undeserved [someone making a discrimanatory comment, for example] no, that's not fair at all. But, unfortunately, as with everything in life, the system will not be perfect, and there will be some people who abuse it. =/

Yuuki Kurosu
11-08-2008, 10:21 PM
I remember I was bad repped because the person thought my font was too small in a journal entry of mine. .-.
My friend was bad repped because she currently had 6 ( add two more 6's ) hundred posts. They bad repped her saying " Take this you devil! " or something like that. O_o; I am like, wth?

Anyway, they can state their own opinion, but sometimes things get a little too ridiculous.

Inferno Alchemist
11-08-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm not the most active person. As my sisters and I share this computer and since I'm the youngest, I never get a chance. So I don't have any neg rep, or many regular reps to begin with. But if someone can't take the opinion of someone online, they will never get far in real life.

Krista Logan
11-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Ive gotten bad repped because someone didn't like me anymore. But I don't mind getting the bad reputations I deserve. It's the ones that people don't leave their names, or do it for no reason that get to me.

Brewmaster
11-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Well i just wanted to add something.In this Thread (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?p=2164247#post2164247) BD bad reps me saying it is cowardly not to leave a name.I look in the thread and notice what happened and so i bad rep BD for not checking with an admin who did it and blindly bad reping me for no reason and also post in the thread about it.
Later on i check BD-s rep and i see Jose saying
Undoing the neg rep of two dumb butts-Jose and now i ask you what is the point of rep if someone just comes in and undoes it for what reason and plus insults?Plus he was not involved in the convo and i can bet he didn't even read any of the posts.
Yes be it being a friend but that would again be rep abusing no?Or am i maybe wrong?I even wouldn't be surprised if a bad rep comes out of this.

Miss Moonlight
11-12-2008, 01:50 PM
IMO, the forum should include the usernames of the users who leave reputation by default. Then, there would be no way to leave anon reps (unless they use a spam account, of course.)

-akichan-
11-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Ive gotten bad repped because someone didn't like me anymore. But I don't mind getting the bad reputations I deserve. It's the ones that people don't leave their names, or do it for no reason that get to me.

People nowadays just neg rep someone for things they don't like that you like, or maybe for stupid reasons like...oh I don't like the colour you like.

Those that don't leave names...well people do have the choice of rather leaving the name or not, but it shows stupidity of not showing because they are scared, isn't that obvious? I always do when I leave neg rep, because there's nothing to be scared about instead of telling them who am I that dislike what they posted.

About doing it for no reason, neg repping someone for no reason is not true, they have the reason. The reason is that they are repping you to test their rep power. Although they didn't leave the reason why neg repping you, there's still a reason, otherwise they wouldn't even do it. People could be random, that's a reason, because that person is being random. I hope this is making some sense. =\

Well i just wanted to add something.In this Thread BD bad reps me saying it is cowardly not to leave a name.I look in the thread and notice what happened and so i bad rep BD for not checking with an admin who did it and blindly bad reping me for no reason and also post in the thread about it.

Well just to say i was not the one who bad reped you but now i did since you oh so acted stupidly and not asked a mod or anything but just took a blind guess.I would also not insult or anything since it is not my style.You know you don't need to post in a thread to be able to bad rep.

Sorry for not being on topic.My bad.

I believe BD with all my heart, he has more experience with the system, and always think wisely before doing things. Not staying on topic normally deserves a neg rep.

and now i ask you what is the point of rep if someone just comes in and undoes it for what reason and plus insults?Plus he was not involved in the convo and i can bet he didn't even read any of the posts.
Yes be it being a friend but that would again be rep abusing no?Or am i maybe wrong?I even wouldn't be surprised if a bad rep comes out of this.

Well, I know that a lot of people don't like the undoing a neg rep thing. However, the rep that he gives out isn't any news anymore. And nobody is doing anything among that, so we should just ignore it.

Dragon Ranger
11-12-2008, 10:08 PM
I only have 1 neg rep for saying Bleach is better than Naruto

doomboy536
11-13-2008, 06:50 AM
Rep is clearly proof that the internet is serious business.

Memento Mori
11-13-2008, 07:16 AM

But giving someone a bad rep with a good reason isn't being mean. It's like being a parent, you tell them what they did wrong. I've seen members who have made terrible posts, and you gave them good rep to 'raise it back up'.

No.

You do not do that. You give out good rep for good posts that were not meant to flame anyone and they defended their opinion with facts. You're simply abusing the system, and that's obvious, because you have 1k rep within 774 posts.

I must admit, back in my early days, I did abuse the system myself, that's why my rep is so high, but I've learned from my mistakes and learned that abusing the system is bad.

Anyway, all these people are saying that they don't care for bad rep, well I don't totally linger on it for a long time, but for a few seconds, I do care if the rep is for absolutely no reason, or they had a reason, but simply harrassed me and didn't leave their name.

demonplight or whatever is name is is a good example of someone who abuses bad rep. In his signature, it says 'When one bad reps, its a common curtsy to leave one's name. So one can return the favor, in kind. [stupid smiley]'

You do not bad rep someone for bad repping you. You bad rep for saying something stupid in a thread, flaming, spamming, advertising, etc., etc.

Lil' Blue
11-13-2008, 07:59 AM
no because on AF is the only time my opinion makes a difference.lol

Brewmaster
11-13-2008, 08:24 AM
I believe BD with all my heart, he has more experience with the system, and always think wisely before doing things. Not staying on topic normally deserves a neg rep.
Well first he was the first one staying off topic and second he bad reped me for thinking i bad reped him.If you didn't read what i posted.I only bad reped him because he did not act in the right way.Which i did not aprove.
Also it is not hard to know about the system if you read the rules.

Well, I know that a lot of people don't like the undoing a neg rep thing. However, the rep that he gives out isn't any news anymore. And nobody is doing anything among that, so we should just ignore it.
Indeed that is true unfortunately. :S

Kariya The Wind
11-13-2008, 09:38 AM
Why would someone leave their name only to be negged back?

-akichan-
11-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Why would someone leave their name only to be negged back?

Yes, I once thought of that problem before. But what I know right now while I'm sitting here in front of this computer, I know for sure that leaving a name is an image of my courage if I do leave a name, I just can't get over myself if I don't do so because I never want to show that I'm scared of getting repped back. Why scared of getting neg rep back, nothing to be scared about unless you really care about your points. Although I did get a few neg back before but didn't affect me much after I negged them. So I always do leave my name, leaving a name on positive rep and not leaving a name on neg rep is tototally idiotic.

[BlackDeath]
11-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Well first he was the first one staying off topic and second he bad reped me for thinking i bad reped him.If you didn't read what i posted.I only bad reped him because he did not act in the right way.Which i did not aprove.
Also it is not hard to know about the system if you read the rules.

Indeed that is true unfortunately. :SI know you love me really <3 =3
I admit I blindly repped you but to be honest you were one of the few logical choices to make and since I believe it wasn't you now I do apologize. However I was staying on topic, which is about the Patch and I gave my opinion on it and all the posts by myself and Sanosuke were in reference to the said Patch.

I believe BD with all my heart, he has more experience with the system, and always think wisely before doing things. Not staying on topic normally deserves a neg rep. That's why you have always been one of my close friends for years <333 You know me well luv luv =3

And my take on Rep, if you are going to rep leave your name be it good or bad and don't make it spiteful comments. Say clearly why in a polite maner.

wowzabunny
11-13-2008, 11:18 AM
I dont care about Rep
I like giving away positive rep though

Inn@ni>
11-13-2008, 11:26 AM
Sorry, but I am always getting bad rep on forums. Maybe that will change on this forum. So please people, dont say nothing about my granny. I hate her.

Miss Moonlight
11-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Also, please be aware that we (the staff) are not going to tell you who left you reputation, be it good or bad. If the person leaves their name, good for them!

Really? a few times, Kaitou Ace was kind enough to do just that. But I only asked once. :)

Either way, I haven't given a neg rep since 06.

-akichan-
11-13-2008, 02:30 PM
And my take on Rep, if you are going to rep leave your name be it good or bad and don't make it spiteful comments. Say clearly why in a polite maner.

That's exactly what I've been saying too, and seems like most of the people don't get that message. I mean...I don't care about points, really. What gets me the most is the people and what they say. If people neg rep me, go head, but I would like to know why without any spiteful comments like "you suck" why do I suck, give a reason. Or those like "British aren't cute, all they have is the stupid accents" Pshhh that's a reason but why hating me for saying things I like is what get me the most.

Jimbow
11-13-2008, 02:52 PM
I hardly ever hand out good or bad rep.
I do get some rep sometimes (mostly good :P). I don't like it when ppl rep without their name, it's so annoying ><

Acnologia
11-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Recently, I've been getting lots of negs. It seems people neg me for anything. That's what discourages me.
I don't mind a neg, but if you look at them, they are insulting (at least to me) I don't know why people insist on trying to ruin my experience here. I don't try to hurt anyones feelings or anything of that nature. But this is getting to be too much.

boo radley
11-16-2008, 05:50 PM
I got neg repped because of my screenname once and I thought that was funny. I've also been neg repped because of jokes I've said that I guess don't translate well onto the internet.

rpgwiz99
11-17-2008, 01:56 PM
I could care less, Rep is nothing more than a number.

Mango
11-17-2008, 05:10 PM
I don't care about rep, but I like the comments people leave.

Cocky bru hang chiled

Still trying to decipher that one.

Anime Forum
11-17-2008, 05:13 PM
I don't care about rep, but I like the comments people leave.

Still trying to decipher that one.

Now that rep is confusing but as I see it is from someone that must not have much rep power in the least because it came out to be neutral and now I'm going to have to decipher it because it is a weird comment. I understand the word cocky, but the rest is confusing.

rpgwiz99
11-17-2008, 06:53 PM
I got neg repped because of my screenname once and I thought that was funny. I've also been neg repped because of jokes I've said that I guess don't translate well onto the internet.

lol, that'll have you think before you create your username, ROFL.

DOOM!
11-20-2008, 12:42 PM
My last Rep more than surely comes from the thread starter herself, which forgot to leave her name.
"if u don't liek the thread don't read it"
Well if you can't post anything new, proper and relevant to the thread title, don't post it at all.

Dragon Ranger
11-20-2008, 05:17 PM
be nice if you had the option of seeing who left you rep

-akichan-
11-20-2008, 06:38 PM
be nice if you had the option of seeing who left you rep

There is, but it is rather you trust that option or not.

Ayako_Star
11-20-2008, 06:51 PM
No one should be bad-repped unless they seriously deserve it. Not by stating their opinions.

Diocletian
11-20-2008, 07:23 PM
My last Rep more than surely comes from the thread starter herself, which forgot to leave her name.
"if u don't liek the thread don't read it"
Well if you can't post anything new, proper and relevant to the thread title, don't post it at all.

I think that's mugensbabygirl.
-She types like that
-She types like she says dude

Yup. I got that one two. Plus, no one on AF thought other than her it was good.

Mitchyru
11-20-2008, 07:24 PM
I mostly get a bad rep for saying what's on my mind, but I really don't care.

Souhi
11-20-2008, 07:27 PM
I just dislike the hit and run ones that make no sense when compared to what you posted. For instance I posted in a thread a few months back on hypothetical mod recommendations, and I did so. I got neg repped by "someone" (no point to naming names) with "I can draw, pig" It had me just dumbfounded.

What DID make me laugh a bit was when the rest of the AF community positive repped me for that one. Put a smile on my face.

Dragon Ranger
11-20-2008, 07:41 PM
I just dislike the hit and run ones that make no sense when compared to what you posted. For instance I posted in a thread a few months back on hypothetical mod recommendations, and I did so. I got neg repped by "someone" (no point to naming names) with "I can draw, pig" It had me just dumbfounded.

What DID make me laugh a bit was when the rest of the AF community positive repped me for that one. Put a smile on my face.

talk about lame

gadgetgirl16
11-20-2008, 10:07 PM
i never minded reps, i pretty much like the idea that other users give good reps.
i still wonder how do you give good reps to other users, i'll love to send a few. as for bad reps, i think it's necessary for spammers and flamers. but thats my opion. but i do like it. ^_^

DarkMoonPrince
11-20-2008, 11:25 PM
I have not been bad repped in quite a long time, and now that I say this, I will probably be bad repped. Anyways, rep does not really matter, so you get bad repped? You'll get good repped again, and that goes for vice versa. Rep does not really make a difference in the forum experience, even though its fun to show off rep points, its nothing that big.

pretty much what raiken said, i also haven't been bad repped in about 3 years, and try to be positive when you're repping, the more you rep positively, the more good reps you'll recieve. so have fun.

DOOM!
11-21-2008, 11:31 AM
i still wonder how do you give good reps to other users, i'll love to send a few. as for bad reps, i think it's necessary for spammers and flamers. but thats my opion. but i do like it. ^_^
Click the Weighing Scale, put your ponos
and
J. . .
J. . .
JAM IT IN!

nichunter1
11-21-2008, 02:40 PM
I don't really care about people bad repping me for my posts. well that is if it is a good reason. Some like OMG I HATE THAT SONG or OMG YOU ARE MEAN, well you are going to get it back. One that i really hate is when people do not leave there name. Pisses me off.

Same I hate when i get bad rep for saying my opinion

Btw this guy was my first abd reped - my first rep too and I got tired of animeforum on the first day for saying my opinion..

Dragon Ranger
11-21-2008, 04:22 PM
I just lost 4K in rep points

blueangel06661
11-26-2008, 03:42 PM
But giving someone a bad rep with a good reason isn't being mean. It's like being a parent, you tell them what they did wrong. I've seen members who have made terrible posts, and you gave them good rep to 'raise it back up'.

No.

You do not do that. You give out good rep for good posts that were not meant to flame anyone and they defended their opinion with facts. You're simply abusing the system, and that's obvious, because you have 1k rep within 774 posts.

I must admit, back in my early days, I did abuse the system myself, that's why my rep is so high, but I've learned from my mistakes and learned that abusing the system is bad.

Anyway, all these people are saying that they don't care for bad rep, well I don't totally linger on it for a long time, but for a few seconds, I do care if the rep is for absolutely no reason, or they had a reason, but simply harrassed me and didn't leave their name.

demonplight or whatever is name is is a good example of someone who abuses bad rep. In his signature, it says 'When one bad reps, its a common curtsy to leave one's name. So one can return the favor, in kind. [stupid smiley]'

You do not bad rep someone for bad repping you. You bad rep for saying something stupid in a thread, flaming, spamming, advertising, etc., etc.

I suggest you stop with your nonsense. Just because I have a lot of rep with only 781 post does not mean I abuse the 'system' It just means I'm a nice person. I went through most of my reps given and did not find a single rep given that was to "raise up someones bad rep" Maybe there was one to raise it if they did not deserve it.

I don't care what you think, but just because I don't bad rep people does NOT mean I go around giving random reps to bad post.

So I suggest you not point out such things if you have no idea what you are talking about... Okay??

<3
Blueangel

Elphaba
11-26-2008, 03:46 PM

i also refuse to bad rep anyone.
even though it means nothing to some people i still like to have lots of green!!

blueangel06661
11-26-2008, 03:49 PM
i also refuse to bad rep anyone.
even though it means nothing to some people i still like to have lots of green!!

See? Is it that hard of a concept to grasp??

I don't know why but some people have a hard time understanding that there are few people here who don't bad rep. It's our choice. It's not like we absolutely have to bad rep people for their wrong doings.. But it's not like we are going to give them good reps either... We can just simply ignore it.. There are mods to tell what they did incorrectly... :)

Princely Dreaming Doll
11-26-2008, 07:00 PM
Some people have bad repped me for stating my own opinion.So yes.
But I have always looked at repping as a form of judging someone.
Though its always good to give some rep to people when they post something really really good that you agree with.

-akichan-
11-26-2008, 10:21 PM
I suggest you stop with your nonsense. Just because I have a lot of rep with only 781 post does not mean I abuse the 'system' It just means I'm a nice person. I went through most of my reps given and did not find a single rep given that was to "raise up someones bad rep" Maybe there was one to raise it if they did not deserve it.

I really want to be nice to everyone here. However, I would like to add something into that part in your post. Yes, maybe you never abuse the rep system like this very "popular" member did. What I found on your reputation is that most of the rep messages are either random, or because people just like you in general, not base on what you post. Unfortunately, this happens to everyone including myself, it's that people reps me just because they like me in general, not because of the good points I given in the thread. Or either...random =]

Jose
11-27-2008, 02:08 AM
Same I hate when i get bad rep for saying my opinion

Btw this guy was my first abd reped - my first rep too and I got tired of animeforum on the first day for saying my opinion..

You've been bad because your post are stupid, if you agree with someone there is not need to reply "I think so too" or "OMG that's was sooo funny"

Looking on your profile I saw that I neg repped you, which I think you have to mess up for me to give neg reps, after searching your post, I wish I could neg rep even more =/

See? Is it that hard of a concept to grasp??
I don't know why but some people have a hard time understanding that there are few people here who don't bad rep. It's our choice. It's not like we absolutely have to bad rep people for their wrong doings.. But it's not like we are going to give them good reps either... We can just simply ignore it.. There are mods to tell what they did incorrectly... :)

Yes, that's right it's a choice and I use to be same way. It's not a bad way to view rep system, that's your prerogative. You can do whatever you want, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. If the site owners really wanted to set it so the rep system be so nick-picky they could disable on all non staff member accounts.

Some people have bad repped me for stating my own opinion.So yes.
But I have always looked at repping as a form of judging someone.
Though its always good to give some rep to people when they post something really really good that you agree with.

When Rei negs you, you know you've done something wrong.

Yes, maybe you never abuse the rep system like this very "popular" member did. What I found on your reputation is that most of the rep messages are either random, or because people just like you in general, not base on what you post. Unfortunately, this happens to everyone including myself, it's that people reps me just because they like me in general, not because of the good points I given in the thread. Or either...random =]

I hope you're not talking about me =/ (hahah kidding I know you are)

But if you think about it that's all it is neg/positive feedback on the person or post.

Aleyna
11-27-2008, 02:56 AM
Reputation in real life is based on what others think of you.
So if you're getting tired of people bad repping you on AF, does this mean you can't handle reality?

Khanxay
11-27-2008, 03:31 AM
I think everyone is looking at good and bad reps too much. Really now. Ignore the green and red. It's just a (very limited) comment feature.

And another thing. Everyone seems to be bashing those who abuse the system. I used to still abuse it. I wants me some bashing please. =)

Reputation in real life is based on what others think of you.So if you're getting tired of people bad repping you on AF, does this mean you can't handle reality?

Now if only my irl rep inflated as fast as my AF one.

CilegnaHeart
11-27-2008, 10:21 AM
I never bad rep anyone! Its just rude...!!

Velvet_Nightmare
11-28-2008, 12:20 AM
I never get any bad rep.

Perpetual Specter
12-07-2008, 07:29 AM
I wouldn't know, because no one ever bad repped for an opinion of mine. I tend to leave a comment like "No offense to (whomever)" when I post in debate-like threads to prevent silly bad rep like that. >>;

Anya_Hitsugaya
12-07-2008, 10:19 AM
I don`t really get what is so important with reps. Bad reps or Good reps don`t make u a better person or a bad one.

sarcastinated
12-07-2008, 10:31 AM
I don`t really get what is so important with reps. Bad reps or Good reps don`t make u a better person or a bad one.
Welcome to the wonderful world of internet social politics.

SigmaSD
12-07-2008, 10:35 AM
Has anyone here gotten a bad rep from a mod? 'Cause I didn't do anything wrong, and I still got bad repped. I'm not going to mention who did it, but they said that I shouldn't backseat mod in their forum. What does that even mean?

Meyrin
12-07-2008, 10:40 AM
I usually good rep others. I`ve bad rep people a few times but I like more giving good reps then bad one.

sarcastinated
12-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Has anyone here gotten a bad rep from a mod? 'Cause I didn't do anything wrong, and I still got bad repped. I'm not going to mention who did it, but they said that I shouldn't backseat mod in their forum. What does that even mean?

It means modding when you are not in the position to do so. Like telling people not to double post, etc. As a former mod on a another site, I know how annoying that can be. It's like undermining them.

SigmaSD
12-07-2008, 11:06 AM
It means modding when you are not in the position to do so. Like telling people not to double post, etc. As a former mod on a another site, I know how annoying that can be. It's like undermining them.

Okay. I guess it just irritated me 'cause someone that posted below my post did the same thing, and they didn't get bad repped. Thanks for the explanation though. I really didn't know what that meant.

Yugure's Goddess
12-07-2008, 11:53 AM
I'm usually not bothered by bad rep. I mean, usually, I've either earned it or the person who gave it to me is retarded and did it for a stupid reason. In both cases it really doesn't worry me too much cause there's not really anything I can do about it and everyone else pretty much understands, if they see the bad rep, what went down.

love
dani
dude

Capernicus
12-07-2008, 05:07 PM
This is my only comment: don't whine about negative rep in a thread. Seriously, get over it. If you want to know who did it so badly, kindly ask a mod. Don't bore the rest of us with your stupid inadequacy issues.

Manhattan_Project_2000
12-07-2008, 06:26 PM
This is my only comment: don't whine about negative rep in a thread. Seriously, get over it. If you want to know who did it so badly, kindly ask a mod. Don't bore the rest of us with your stupid inadequacy issues.
Of course, we aren't supposed to actually tell anyone. So if you get bent out of shape by an anonymous bad rep and can't get over it you should probably kill yourself and post it on YouTube because the internet is serious business.

Diocletian
12-07-2008, 06:44 PM
^No. Stickam it. Be like poor little Sui-Chan who promised us some seppuku live on a webcam.

Khanxay
12-13-2008, 05:01 PM
GAWD.

364 reps received | 468 reps given

And I think out of those given to others, I think 20ish are red, rest are green. Ain't I nice?

qG.Shogun
12-13-2008, 05:09 PM
" Reputation " ? Such a little word but yet so meaningful for alot of people? Still wondering the same question " Why do people even bother what other people think of them " ? It's your'e life you shoudn't think about what people think about you it's your'e life your descissions you only live once. Your'e real friends will love you the way you are and will not judge about things they know who you are and they accept it.

So, just be your self and enjoy life. Life is already bothersome enough.

Anime Forum
12-13-2008, 06:04 PM

Yea I did because I said something bad about a thread or something and I should of just reported it. I guess you can't blame the mod for the bad rep against me because I should of reported it. We all learn from our mistakes though.

LexxieLuu
12-13-2008, 06:07 PM
In school I was one of those girls that would speak their mind and I remember we had a debate about haven and Hell and if they were real. People wanted to rip my throat out because I was just stating what I believed and thought was true. And when ever there was a debate people would groan when I put up my hand. I don't know why people groaned and whined when I just state what I believe. It's dumb ;;;>>.

Dragon Ranger
12-13-2008, 06:27 PM

I got 2 and I lost over 4k in rep points

MoroDashi
12-13-2008, 09:14 PM
Meh. They're just reps. They effect your image, but they go over time, and people forget.

Kishiro
12-14-2008, 06:09 AM
Sometimes opinions are really stupid.
Sure you can have them, and you are welcome to state them (provided you stay in the rules).
And a lot of times, the really stupid opinions are also blatantly ignorant statements or comments.

Other times, people troll or break the rules.

This is all where the bad reps should come in. Don't "feel bad", don't feel like you're "being rude". Just bad rep someone for being an idiot. It's a means of indirect social control. The idea is that if you bad rep someone for doing something stupid, they won't do it again (hopefully).

But we all know that isn't the case, as this is the internet and people just get upset, and go overboard and over the top.

Of course when someone breaks the rules or trolls on the forums, it is a lot easier for us mods to give them an infraction. But even so, by that time, people have usually left the offender a handful of bad rep.

It's a useful tool when used properly. Sorry if you got bad repped and it broke your heart.
PRO TIP: Get over it.

-akichan-
12-14-2008, 03:27 PM
This is all where the bad reps should come in. Don't "feel bad", don't feel like you're "being rude". Just bad rep someone for being an idiot. It's a means of indirect social control. The idea is that if you bad rep someone for doing something stupid, they won't do it again (hopefully).

I put agreement on that above. We should not feel rude to neg rep, if we neg rep properly, then we shouldn't feel rude or guilty, because then we are neg repping somebody began to be rude or stupid. Only if we do thius properly, it shouldn't be any problem and shouldn't be something rude to do so. However, if the comment we leave along with the neg rep is stupid and pointless to what the person did bad on, then it is the repper being stupid. So it depends on how we neg rep, and how properly it is. If we don't neg rep on the person who really deserves to be taught in the correct ways, they will make the same mistake.