PDA

View Full Version : My First Attempt (be Gentle) Mahoromatic

patience
10-21-2003, 08:15 AM
Please tell me if this is any good? And what do I need to do? BTW this is from mohoromatic 1st season, final ep after the battle.

kadaan
10-21-2003, 01:33 PM
The content is great, placement works perfectly. The text is also good; glowing like the moon and looks like it's flying through the air.

I don't know if it's intentional or not, but almost the entire image is very 'chunky' with artefacts (always there if you take screencaps of fansubs and such). Try using the blur/blur more filters in photoshop or, alternatively, the smudge tool if you only want parts to be smooth.

If you have some experience in graphics, try making your own background with your own moon (or a photo/clipart of one) to make it a sharper image.

Keep working at it, play with tools and filters, and have fun :).

MistressPookyChan
10-21-2003, 01:51 PM
there are a lot of wonderful elements in this wallpaper. for one, the moon background is really nice. the moon doesnt look very round, though, and looks a big ovalish or long. Also, the flying people effect is nice, but maybe try to find a larger image of them flying. The text is great, but at it's current location it will be hidden by the task bar that most windows users have on the bottom of their desktop. Try moving it up a bit, or on the top of the wallpaper even, so that the text can be seen. oooh, another thing!! Did you try adding little stars or sparkles? might be nice!

patience
10-21-2003, 02:10 PM
Thank you so much for the touching replies. I thought I was going to for eaten alive for some reason.

All the images are from screen caps hence the "chunky" look. I guess I will have to play around a bit more. Thanks for the ideas, I will come back when I am satisfied with my next edit.

Again thanks for making me feel welcome. ^^

MistressPookyChan
10-21-2003, 02:30 PM
we wouldnt be too cruel to a wallpaper newbie, so no worries. ^-^

Why don't you check out the resource thread! There are links to image galleries that have large, good quality images. May be able to find some good pics there. ^-^

ownerizer
10-21-2003, 02:45 PM
Well, it's a good first try. A word from the wise: keep your file sizes small on your wallpapers, if you just want to show us, shoot for something below 100k. People like me, on a dial-up connection, took 2 mins to load your wallpaper.

Regex
10-21-2003, 02:46 PM
Harder to notice mistakes when it's smaller, too. =P

patience
10-21-2003, 03:43 PM
Gomen ^^; I will Remembe that in the future.

Gestahr
10-21-2003, 07:42 PM
with

Miko
10-21-2003, 10:24 PM
The image quality is way too low; it looks like you used a screenshot or something... either way, it's very grainy and pixelated; so much that I can't tell what that flying deelee in the corner is (what is it? :P)...

you need to use higher quality images to produce a higher quality wallpaper.

_hades the wicked
10-21-2003, 10:53 PM
We have here a really nice idea with poor skill...
Well, like Pooky said, the moon looks kinda squashed, as if it was shrinked to fit the image... Never shrink only horizontal/vertical, for an image will look squashed.
Also, the flying people look too dark there, you could try with different pics. The text in the bottom should be moved away from there, and the face in the moon is unneeded in my opinion. Try experimenting with colors, like changing hues and saturations to get the colors you want and the likes, and play around with pictures to see one that suits and to make 'em look better too.
Again, it's a very cool idea :)