PDA

View Full Version : Do you have any friends that like anime?

Jimbow
10-16-2008, 02:43 PM
So, I was wondering how much people here actually got friends who also like anime.
Cause I don't know anyone else who does like anime. And I was wondering if I'm the only one in that situation or if there are more people with the same problem.

Although it doesn't have to be problem off course...

Diocletian
10-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Nope.I'm in the closet about it.

Yue Ookami
10-16-2008, 02:53 PM
I have alot of friends who like anime. Of course, they're not as into as i am but still, they are. XD

Kalila Chan
10-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Ooh i have quite a few friends that love Anime. ^^

Hamashimura
10-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Seeing how anime is underrated in my country,people are very cynical about it,and they think that it's only for children beyond 10 years...I have only two real life friends who are actually enjoying in watching it,so yeah...

LadyAmy
10-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Oh yeah, i 've a lot of friends that love anime. sometimes we can be together hours talking about it xD

Codename_Noir
10-16-2008, 04:36 PM
It's not that my freinds don't approve, I mean they're not a small minded bunch that think it is only for kids or hentai loving perverts (Not my view I have no problem with it) Which is what some people think isn't it?.

So yeah I don't really tell them I love it but if I see a show I like that is Anime I'll go, 'Oh look Noir' lol, and they'll go 'Oh look little britain' O.o

So yeah I don't quite say i like ANIME more the shows associated with the culture :)

Anime Forum
10-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Yes, I have a few friend that enjoy watching anime. Out of all my friends though, I watch it the most.

rikumi
10-16-2008, 04:57 PM
All my real friends like anime. I'm usually the news reporter. They watch whichever anime I find good. o_O

Baka
10-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Everyone I know likes anime. It's like the common factor with the group of people I hang out with. There are like 40 of us that all hang out on the patio outside of the cafeteria.

Mayonnaise-Senpai
10-16-2008, 05:48 PM
I'm quiet about it but I do have one friend. She and I love anime. I slept over her house over the summer and we watched Fruits Basket and last year when I slept over her house, we did nothing but watch anime all night. ^^

Doom85
10-16-2008, 08:11 PM
Yup, I have five friends from my first job that I hang with and we watch/discuss anime with (and go to a con every year), and six friends at my second job that are into anime. It sorta started growing with my second job, three of us were into it and got the other three hooked on it as well.

-|[Frank]|-
10-16-2008, 10:33 PM
i only have one friend that likes anime. all my other friends dont like it for some reason.:closedeye i dont think any of them have actually watched it, im under the impression that they associate "anime" as being a kids show because of "Pokemon" and Yu-Gi-Oh and stuff they show on tv here.

i dont really talk anime anyways....actually, i only talk about it when i see that friend that likes anime too. i've gotten him into watching Death Note, Bleach, Love Hina and GTO lol i've shown him the way:p

Tomoyo01
10-17-2008, 12:07 AM
All of my friends love/like anime as far as I know. There are only 3 or 4 others that I might call my friends someday, but not yet

Jose
10-17-2008, 12:09 AM
Ian is the only friend i have that is into anime. All of the other friends find it pretty dorky, but I like it so they tend not say any about it.

LittleGirl
10-17-2008, 12:11 AM
Out of just my closest friends none of them watch anime (not including studio ghibli-who doesn't like miyazaki?) and I don't think they would be that into it if they ever checked it out. I'm sure some of my guy friends like anime. Since I don't know anyone who likes anime I joined AF.

Konata Izumi
10-17-2008, 01:29 AM
Yes I do have friends that like anime as well as ones into dramas and their little pretty boys.

inOue
10-17-2008, 01:35 AM
fortunately, i do.. i have a couple..
and even my <dormitory> roommate..:D

Greenflames
10-17-2008, 04:38 AM
In real life I don't really have any friends that are into anime as such I don't think...I have some on AF though lol...I do have a close friend who's really into anime figurines though :D.

tokyoNH
10-17-2008, 06:59 AM
Funny, I have been looking through the age groups that post here and there are not too many around my age (37). With that being said, I do not have too many friends that are into it.

I have one that will come visit me a few times a year from CT - and we'll watch some anime, but he won't go out of his way to catch a show. People my age seem to gravitate toward the mainstream - Spirited Away, Howls, etc. - but not too many know of the series that are out there.

I tend to be a more "closet fan" like others had said. It's sad, because some of the best storytelling is done through anime and manga.

SuXrys
10-17-2008, 07:11 AM
Not as far as I know.

.Lovebeat
10-17-2008, 08:00 AM
My used-to-be-best-friend watched a lot of anime and we used to have anime marathons together.
My neighbor likes anime but has only seen old cult/classical ones that are a must-see for all anime fans so he doesn't know of any new titles.
My classmate watches and likes anime... but doesn't watch as much as me, but since we don't hang out we don't watch anime together.
My friend have only seen Hellsing and he reads One Piece so he's not really a BIG fan of anime, but I suppose he doesn't dislike it.

blueangel06661
10-17-2008, 08:03 AM
No not really. I have one that does, the other knows I do but doesn't care. The rest don't watch it, or know I watch it.

I keep it very low key. But it shows sometimes anyways :D

kimbeey13
10-17-2008, 08:07 AM
I do have a few friends that enjoy it, not as much as me though.

teed
10-18-2008, 01:08 PM
Since I'm studying Animation, it's normal to have friends who like anime/manga as much as I do or even more. All my classmates/friends do. That's the main reason why we're studying Animation now. Sure there are some who prefer American animation/comics over Japanese, but they still watch anime or read manga. Sometimes, me and bunch of guys skip classes and stay in the studio and start talking about anime/manga for hours. Discuss animation, storylines, art, character design... etc. I love how they make fun of some serieses and manga-kas other times. Fun.

jtdlives
10-18-2008, 04:08 PM
I have 3 people who talk and watch anime with me two are my cousins and the other one is my daughter. All three are a lot younger than me but we still get together and have anime partys. One of them goes by zombieliscous on this site. I do have one person my age I talk anime with, but I only see him at work. All of my other freinds thind it's nerdy or childish or just plain weird. So I don't talk anime with them.

InsaneYuuki
10-18-2008, 04:22 PM
Out of my closest friends, me and my friend M(tis what I'm going to call her) are the only ones who like it. And M only likes one anime, while I like several. And my sister likes anime, but she's like M, and she only likes certain anime. I think the last time she summed it up, it was only Naruto and InuYasha that she liked.

Kawairashii hikari
10-18-2008, 05:59 PM
Yes, I do I have friends and then I have friends.
Friends meaning my very good friends, I have about three or four best friends or very good friends who are interested in anime and actually watch it.
And just friends who I know that watch it and draw it, I mean I'm in an Art program at school... it's like almost obvious that at least some of my friends would like it since I'm friends with everyone. (well, almost...)

Azure samurai
10-18-2008, 08:07 PM
all my friends like anime, but im the only one that likes manga :(...

I guess that says alot(im the only one that likes to read)....

Archaic Devices
10-18-2008, 08:25 PM
No. I'm kinda the odd one out in my group. D:

WitchHunter
10-18-2008, 11:33 PM
I try to get friends hooked, and I've gotten one friend to watch a few anime series, but that's about it.

DemonsRevenge
10-20-2008, 01:40 AM
Nope.I'm in the closet about it.
+1 here, People who do know call it Kiddy tv sh*t. Like yeah elfen lied sure is kiddy...... /sarcasam. they dont even know the term ANIME. so i dont tell anyone lol

Beezer
10-20-2008, 01:47 AM
while most of my friends are familiar with anime, I think only 3-4 of them actually watch it. One of them is big into it like I am (he loves astro boy, Appleseed etc) 2 of them were the friends whom I first started watching anime with. I think they really stopped watching anime because they didn't want to sort through the "blah" anime to find the really good ones. Occasionally I can get them to check out something new. I really want to show them the new Evangelion OVA and the Hellsing ones cause they are great.

yilin
10-22-2008, 04:24 AM
at my close friends? I had only 2 of them....
dean and lovely...

dean likes death note so much...

lovely likes warrior girls.... hehe...

we're always go to an anime store to buy cds, stuffs... etc...^^

elementalgerad94
10-25-2008, 07:19 AM
Yes I do have a friend who likes anime ^^

naotavespaboy
10-25-2008, 12:21 PM
yes. I have a few and we regularly have AA meetings (anime and alcohol meetings). I'm also introducing new people to it to.

Dxon
10-25-2008, 01:07 PM
I used to tell no one about it. But somehow it leaked and it packed out really well. Since I found out that a lot more of my friends liked it but didn't talk about it. Right now I have about 10 friends who like anime. Guess I was lucky.

Hugo-Kof
10-26-2008, 02:02 AM
Unfortunately no, well kinda, they like it but just a lil bit, but still is not the same, sometimes i try to introduce them a lil bit more to it but is always useless

Oathkeeper-Airo
10-27-2008, 06:24 PM
I know plenty of people who like anime, but I have a few friends who are interested in it.