PDA

View Full Version : Favorite/Least Favorite subject in school

Anime Forum
10-13-2008, 01:50 PM
What is everyone's favorite and least favorite subject in school. Describe why you feel this way about that subject.

Favorite - English - I have always enjoyed this class, I like writing so its a good class for me.

Least - Chemistry - Even though I'm doing good in the class, its a very boring class.

LadyAmy
10-13-2008, 01:56 PM
Favorite - English,french,german
Least - Math.

ElderSage
10-13-2008, 01:57 PM
My favorite subject in school was Math (alg 1, 2, 3, trig). Not sure why but it was pretty fun for me.

Least favorite was Language Arts

Miss Moonlight
10-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Favorite: um .. I don't know if I had one. Perhaps english, or art class.
Least favorite: Math, I always hated math. That and history.

*Charlotte
10-13-2008, 05:08 PM
My favorite classes had to be science and history--they were pretty easy, and I always had a nice teacher in my science class.

I really hated math... It's just too hard for me. Plus, there was waaayy too much work, and it always makes me stress out.

I didn't like art, either. They told me I do excellent work, but I'm too slow. So I failed every class. What a downer... =(

Wio
10-13-2008, 05:31 PM
I had a great Algebra II teacher. I mean most people thought he didn't explain things well enough, but I ended up getting an A so I'm happy.

My least favorite class is English. It's all about the art of bull crap. I'm never going to be good at writing English essays or reading and interpreting them. I'm sorry, but you're going to have to speak with me face-to-face, or at least on the phone, if you really want a good connection.

Baka
10-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Any class having to do with computers, (except the one I took about command line). I am hoping to be able to take Japanese but I have to wait until next fall.

honeysenpai17
10-13-2008, 05:42 PM
best -art and crafts
worst -math, chemistry, anatomy (sciences)

Dr. Hax
10-13-2008, 06:05 PM
Favorite: Forensic Science...I had an excellent teacher to teach me about autopsies and blood splatter analysis as well as other such investigations.

Least favorite: History...Despite writing a grand essay, I hated sitting in a classroom, learning about some turn of events that I will never know later in life as they serve no purpose.

Saint Seiya
10-13-2008, 06:09 PM
fav: none

least fav : english, i hate reading

-akichan-
10-13-2008, 06:14 PM
I hate to communicate with class mates and teachers that always talks about poems and authors' history in class...like all the time! Or people that talks poetic to make you understand and enjoy the poems...guess what class is my least favorite...Yes...Literature!!! I'm so sick of all the poem glasses that the people wears while acting like poets!

The favorite...i must say that any subjects relates to global problems is what i like the most. And i'm taking all the global related classes this quarter. =]

animegirl2365
10-13-2008, 06:14 PM
My favorite subject is lunch hour and my least fav is Math -_-

blueangel06661
10-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Favorite: The computer class [sometimes culinary]

Least Favorite: Everything else

Beast
10-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Favorite subject when I was in school was biology, and everything that branches off from it.

Least favorite was history I think, a class that would require you to be under the influence if you have any hopes of survival.

Diocletian
10-13-2008, 07:19 PM
Least:Japanese-I don't want it, nor did I ask for it.Watching Totoro was a waste of my 345 brain cells.

Best:English-Messing in there and having an A and an O makes it awesome.

Bring Me The Horizon
10-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Favorite Subject is Math least favorite subject is Introduction to Physics

Jose
10-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Favorite Biology IB: It's so much more fun than chemistry and physics. We learn how chemistry and physics apply to organism and such many more labs.

Least Favorite Economics IB: Such an odd class....it doesn't really make much sense to me, but then again I've never cared about the economy it bores me to think about money, trade, inflation and such.

yilin
10-13-2008, 07:52 PM
Favorite: Music, Arts and Physical Education(Mapeh), Filipino, English, Math, Physics....

Least: about medical field...-_-

Hideki Motosuwa.
10-13-2008, 07:53 PM
Favorite: Carpentry hands down! I get to go out to a house site and work for 3 classes, which is a heck of a lot more exciting than sitting there listening to a teacher talk and go on and on and...ahhhh!

Least favorite: Everything else. I never really enjoyed academics and I may seem like the school type, but really, I'm not.

Wio
10-13-2008, 08:25 PM
This topic is a complete failure...

There's absolutely no interaction what-so-ever--in fact it's highly probably that no one has read anything beyond the title seeing as how the OP asked for a reason and 25% or so of the posts neglect to give that.

I'm just throwing that out there in case someone happens to read this post. The funny part is that this on could probably hit 5 pages too.

Diocletian
10-13-2008, 08:29 PM

There's absolutely no interaction what-so-ever--in fact it's highly probably that no one has read anything beyond the title seeing as how the OP asked for a reason and 25% or so of the posts neglect to give that.

I'm just throwing that out there in case someone happens to read this post. The funny part is that this on could probably hit 5 pages too.

Not true.Show your math.Now we're talkin'.

sa5m
10-13-2008, 08:33 PM
Favorite subject: Biology. Totally got a 5 on the AP Bio exam. I really like physics too but I'm not that great at it.

Least favorite subject: AP Calculus. Hate the teacher and hate the content.

Masali
10-13-2008, 08:49 PM
Favorite: If we're counting Jazz Band, which technically receives a grade on the report card, then that. But if not, Chemistry

Least Favorite: Pre Calc.

Jose
10-13-2008, 10:01 PM

Pshh wrong, I've read everyone's post here o_O; Not everyone simple post and moves on. You would strike me as the type of person who would already know this. In fact I've already posted here and I came back to read people's post.

-akichan-
10-13-2008, 11:27 PM

Almost all the threads here are the one-way topics like this thread here, one post, done. It is the best way to prevent conflicts. It's not that you never had posted in these kind of threads before. You have the right to choose what topic to respond to. If you have a problem with any one way thread, then don't post. No post, no complaints <33

Lord Fluff
10-13-2008, 11:40 PM
Favorite - Chemistry. I took this class last year, it was the easiest class I've ever taken and I had one of the best science teachers in the school, she actually taught us everything and she made it fun.

Least Favorite - Bio because my teacher doesn't understand the difference between AP, IB, and honors classes. She's teaching my honors class like her IB and AP classes, I didn't sign up for that much work, I signed up for honors to get an easy A and she isn't letting me get it.

Hamashimura
10-13-2008, 11:54 PM
Hmmm...during school,and high school,my favorite subject was Biology...
The main reason for that is because I simply love that subject...I am very interested in nature,so it's only natural that I'll end up loving that subject...
It was sort of boring when we studied humans,but the rest was astonishing,especially the lab works and experiments <3

The least favorite would be math...I never knew that subject in the first place,seeing how I started using calculator in 3rd grade of elementary school,since I saw no meaning,whatsoever,in trying so hard to think about it when I'm allowed to use the allmighty calculator...Sadly,on Uni it's not allowed,so I ended up in deep...something...

SSDynamite
10-14-2008, 02:10 AM
Hm, my favorite lesson would have to be... IT. Because we don't do anything but make Wookie and Ewok noises for an hour. But my favorite subject is English, it's just easy.

Least favorite is Physics. I don't like the teacher or what we're taught.

Beezer
10-14-2008, 02:26 AM
My favorite subjects were always art and history. Took art all 4 years of high school, almost went to a art college.
I hated math. Failed my 10th grade regents, then within like 2 weeks, taught myself all the stuff i hadn't learned in school and passed the makeup with like an 87.

jnLL
10-14-2008, 04:47 AM
my favs :
`algebra,trig,geom (haven't taken calculus yet) -- because i got used to the trig functions, and basically because i don't need lots of those memorizations. i need these for my college. actually, i love math.
`basic bio and chem -- because my teacher's great, and i can truly understand the lesson. i find chemistry interesting.

least fav :
`history.world history. -- it's not that interesting for me. i even fall asleep sometimes. i'm not fond of super memorizations. i find it boring >_<

blueangel06661
10-14-2008, 05:08 AM
Well I thought about it some more and I think my least favorite is Spanish. I tend to dread that class all day and all throughout lunch [since it's right after it]

I'm really bad at it so, I know I'm not doing all that well. But I might as well live through two years of doom so I don't have to PAY to take even harder Spanish classes in collage.

-Kitsune-
10-14-2008, 05:31 AM
Favorite: Choir, definitely. I've been in choir for 2 years now and we're like one big family xD Other than that I'd say English since my teacher is awesome and English is my best subject.

Least favorite: History. The teacher is mean and tends to single me out, and I don't really see how there are SO many careers out there today that will require that I know what the Union and Confederate uniforms were made of >>; I wanna be a physical therapist and history really isnt gonna help that.

Konata Izumi
10-14-2008, 06:24 AM
Commerce. Teacher doesn't have the best teaching methods nor do I find any of the lessons extremely interesting. :/

The Nightingale
10-14-2008, 07:27 AM
Favorite: Graphic Communications - It's fun, we learn how to do these cool things with Illustrater.

Least: Tie between Math and US History - I suck at math and its painful to leanr, and US History is soooo boring!

Mayonnaise-Senpai
10-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Favorite: Social Studies- It's interesting. :cool:
Least: Math- Some many numbers...:wacko:

Tomoyo01
10-17-2008, 12:34 AM
Favorite: German - it`s easy for me, even the teacher sad I don`t have to work to get top marks
Least favorite: PE - I HATE it! I`ll never get it! Why do I have to play volleyball?! And I hate the teacher.

.Lovebeat
10-17-2008, 11:18 AM
Favourite: History
Least favourite: The rest. Yeah, really, it all depends on what we do during class.

Acnologia
10-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Fave - Math. There is always something to do in there, I'm always learning in this class. And the prof makes it fun, he has a great sense of humor.

Least fave - English. Its the exact opposite. The prof doesn't know what hes talking about, always repeats himself. My brain turns to mush in this class, I just sit and play solitaire with my friend. :/

LittleGirl
10-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Favorite: Graphic Communications - It's fun, we learn how to do these cool things with Illustrater.

Least: Tie between Math and US History - I suck at math and its painful to leanr, and US History is soooo boring!

Canadian history is even more boring!

Favourite:
History- I had an amazing teacher and we did lots of essays (and no tests) which I'm good at.
English- It's just my best subject. I love reading and writing.
Dance- Great course, but since I was a senior last year we had more assignments like solos, and a lot of dance choreographing that got in the way of more important courses. Working on dance solos and 3 essays at the same time was kind of a pain.

Least Favourite:
Math and Chemistry- I used to love these subjects and I was good in them too, but I had this one teacher who taught both these last year and he was by far the worst teacher I have ever had. His notes and lessons were a joke. He could not teach, and I never blamed teachers for my grades, but I will blame him for most of our class nearly failing.

~*Red*~
10-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Favourite - English (because I'm a very creative person when it comes to writing stories and stuff).

Least favourite - Study (I do all my work in class actually).

Eris
10-17-2008, 05:10 PM
Well, technically I'm not in school anymore. But mathematics is my mistress, physics is my love, and computer science is my passion. I also have a fling on the side with philosophy.

I could never stand PE. Team sports in general just screams of that stuffy old 19th century quasi-fascist thing they had going that eventually emerged in Nazi Germany.

I think my main problem with team sports is that I am a white knuckled individualist with no competitive spirit what so ever. I take attempts at motivation through competition as an offense to my intellect. It's like, do they really think I'm so dumb that I can't see what they're trying to do? If they want me to work harder, then how about telling me? Don't try to manipulate me into thinking I want to through some pointless competition.

Hosuli
10-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Favorite: English & Cookin'
Least: Math & Finnish

Souji Seta
10-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Hmm

favorite - PE! I really like this subject, so much fun!

Least - Engineering Drawing, although it is quite fun but it takes up most of my time. I can't go out and have fun!