PDA

View Full Version : Animeboston 2009

avainityaffair
10-13-2008, 08:34 AM
who's going?? ^_^

Memorial Day Weekend- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

www.animeboston.com

my first con everrrrrrr, i'm way excited. :D
any ideas for costumes, 'cause i've been a bit... erm.. "creatively challenged" lately.:banghead:

The Ultimate One K Dash
11-24-2008, 12:54 PM
looks like your not the only one going to that con. Im sooo there. Hmm wonder if any sailor scouts will b there

kimbeey13
11-24-2008, 05:35 PM
I plan on going again this year, but that might fall through if I don't start saving money right after the holidays. :p

Gjallarhorn
11-24-2008, 05:55 PM
I'll more than likely be there, unless my exam schedule conflicts with the con's schedule like it did last year.

imgoddessbelldandy
01-11-2009, 03:43 PM
my first convention was last year with my kids and it was the best time ever that we are going for the whole 3 days this year. Let me tell you at 41 I never thought I would love this stuff. Find a costume that is weather appropriate(was coldest days of the year last year we all nearly froze to death) and something comfortable. Its alot of people and alot of walking for the whole weekend. I buy my costumes online at Cosplay. They are the best. Which ever u do just keep comfort and weather in mind. Hope to see u there.

The website for the con is up but does not have much on it yet I dont know what voice actors will be there this year but when i find out i will post it here. A bit of advice however buy your badge online and go get the night before(thursday) otherwise u spend most of the first day in a long line.

Belldandy

Warusenai
01-19-2009, 09:27 AM
haha linecon. yeah 2008 ab was kinda hectic but they had a few staff changes that year, people were trying to figure out how to get things going and such. so the lines shouldn't be as bad this year for reg. despite that it is still a good idea to prereg and pick up your badge on thursday night ^_^ just so you have more time to enjoy the con! i'm actually staff there this year instead of volunteering as is my fiance (he's the hall cosplay coordinator). i'll most likely be manning the cosplay repair table as luffy (if they let me cosplay lol i think only masq staff has the privilege as long as you can still tell they are staff)

i've gone the past like...3 years and last year was the luffy in the chess match (fiance was shanks). it's an awesome con (a lot easier to find your way around than otakon! XD that was MY first con) and the people are really nice. it's a very good place to have be your first con indeed.

btw...there are ALWAYS sailor scouts there...the question is more are they gonna be decent or not lol, i've seen some really good ones and some...eh....not so good ones ^^;;

as for costume ideas there's a lot to choose from, so just look at your fav manga/anime and decide what might be fun and easy to do; unless you want to take on a challenge and do something like zelgadis greywards from slayers XD (fiance will always be the best one imho haha...he made the face stones outta sculpy and glued them on his face with fabric glue...you could hear the skin tearing as he took them off. talk about dedication O.o;; he's really good and is the one who makes our cosplays...i can't sew to save my life unless it's a simple hand stitch haha). but really, find something that you really think you'd enjoy doing and that won't be too uncomfortable to wear for three days (or you can have a diff one for each day if you're ambitious).
going for body-type matching is nice but it's not always necessary...i'm overweight and i still do luffy and i just say i had a huge meal of meat before or am doing gomu gomu no balloon XD haha. if you look hard enough there's a cosplay for every person. you just have to find it ^_^. don't push yourself too hard though, cosplay is meant to be fun!

sorry that i'm rambling...i just have a lot of opinions on cosplay...i blame my fiance lol. we're an up-and-coming little mini company that takes commissions for costumes (mostly anime but will do like...catboy/catgirl ears, paws, and tails or whatever). i call it my training to be a better cosplayer one day because in a few years me and my friends are doing a full ronin warrior set ^^;; but next on our list is chrono cross (ha i'm doc! and fiance is gonna be nikki with a functioning guitar....yeah i sacrificed my electric for cosplay XD)

<.< ok i'm shutting up now

Purplesunset
01-25-2009, 03:54 PM
yeah the line was horrible last year im glad I got there early and just happend to be in line for about 3 hrs. Im going up thursday this year so that I can get the badge and than just take the day to relax. This year is going to be really great!

Kaitou Ace
01-26-2009, 08:14 AM
I should be there as well, AB tends to be on my primary list.

Purplesunset
01-26-2009, 10:45 AM
yeah its the one thing that I truely look forward to during the year.

Silvered Fox
02-23-2009, 08:26 PM
haha- hello and nice to meet you all ^.^ this should be my first year actually attending AB (i've been meaning to go every year for the past few cons and though i am GLAD i missed Linecon, i fully intend to get there somehow this year!)

Been to a few other cons - Connecticon faithfully every year for the past few, and Otakon year before last, but i am excited about AB ^^;

Still don't have a cosplay set in mind, but i may just renovate my Ritsuka cosplay since it won't be TERRIBLY hot in may (last 2 years i've cosplayed the fur jacket version of Ritsuka... in baltimore and hartford... in JULY ..... yeah. It's hot lol)

seaturtle
02-25-2009, 01:48 PM
Anime Boston just announced new guests! Yuki Kajiura and Kalafina will be there to perform! I really hope I can go because I love the music that Yuki Kajiura has done for so many anime especially her most recent work with "Kara no kyoukai" and Kalafina's song "Lacrimosa" is the 2nd ending theme for "Kuroshitsuji"!

http://www.animeboston.com/guests/view_guest/17

PokemonTrainerLisa
04-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Awww, I wanna go to Anime Boston so badly this year! Mostly because my favorite voice actress, Veronica Taylor, is gonna be there!

Eeeeee! x3

Even though I just met Veronica in February at New York Comic Con, it still feels like it was ages ago, because we didn't get to spend a lot of time together with just the two of us. XD

Anyway though, if I have the money, I'd really love to attend AB and see Veronica again. That would be so awesome!!!! ^_^

This convention makes me wish that I lived in MA. XD

xPikachuXD
04-05-2009, 03:34 PM
i wish i can go :[

espeon977
04-10-2009, 09:45 AM
I wanna go, but I don't know if I can, I have to save up money for a class trip that's about four days after AB, and I'll have to get my friend's dad to drive us. Can only go for one day too D:

It seems like it'll be warm this year though, it's a beautiful and sunshiney day where I live (next state over) Maybe my friend and I will try to cosplay as Liz and Patty from soul eater, if we can find hats and matching shirts, if we can make it that is D:

@Seaturtle- What!? Kalafina! it's decided, I start selling stuff on bike paths today to make money!

Rivette
04-13-2009, 07:19 PM
I'm either going as a sailor scout or Anya Alstreim.
It's soooo fun. I went last year as Fuu.

OmegaAlpha
05-04-2009, 12:40 PM
I will be there :). I am pretty excited as this is my first real convention.

yunaofparadise
06-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Woot Anime Boston was wicked this year! I was one of the panelist for the Risembool Ranger panel, it was so fun. Anybody like to share their anime boston con stories?

narutojm
07-06-2009, 07:30 PM
screw this thread