PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, grandma! what are you doing?!O.o

THE ICE ANGEL
10-12-2008, 02:25 AM
Hello,hi!

My grandmother is 96 years old (she's got one tooth lol). you won't belive what she likes to do...she loves to spray bug off on her hair and body..lol. When she's hurt, she sprays alot on the cut....she says it smells great and helps the cut to heal...ugh!

Any weird stuff your grandparents like?

jnLL
10-12-2008, 05:09 AM
my grandparents are not really as weird as yours, but my grandma acts very religious with so many saints at her house, and i think that doesn't reflect her personality . .
and, no more i think ..

loveyourfate
10-12-2008, 05:25 AM
Whenever I'm in the car with her and we stop in front of the traffic lights, she jumps out of the car, races towards the lights, touches them and sprints back. ...Embarrases the crap out of me...

When I dared to ask her about it she said it's good to excercise once in a while...

Velvet_Nightmare
10-12-2008, 05:30 AM
Not really, my grandparents are awesome. =D

Wilson
10-12-2008, 06:24 AM
When she's hurt, she sprays alot on the cut....she says it smells great and helps the cut to heal...ugh!

I spray stuff on my cuts all the time! If it stings, It's WORKING!

As for my grandparents, One of my granddads falls asleep anywhere and everywhere, as in while driving...he's an active construction worker too!

Eris
10-12-2008, 06:26 AM
My grandmother has far gone Alzheimer's, so she does a lot of weird stuff.

Butter Jones!
10-12-2008, 06:34 AM
heh. that thread title made me giggle.

my gramma is cool. she does a couple weird stuff that im not puttin here, but thats cuz all old people are so cool.

yilin
10-12-2008, 07:23 AM
my grandparents 60 plus now... but, they're strong, you know... they cook food for us....they always there for us all... watching basketball or asianovelas together... LOL!

Eris
10-12-2008, 07:29 AM
my grandparents 60 plus now... but, they're strong, you know... they cook food for us....they always there for us all... watching basketball or asianovelas together... LOL!

60 is pretty young for a grandparent. My grandparents are in the 80-90 range. One is senile, one has terminal cancer (all cancer is when you're that old, you're so fragile the treatment is more harmful than the illness), but the last one is surprisingly vital.

wowzabunny
10-12-2008, 07:53 AM
mt grandparents are just awesome :D

THE ICE ANGEL
10-12-2008, 07:53 AM
My grandparents are in the 80-90 range. One is senile, one has terminal cancer...

Hmm...*nods* thats so bad.

Though my grandma is 96, Shes not sick at all WOW!
I love my grandma!

Artcell
10-12-2008, 07:56 AM
my granma is 76,and she's very fit,she's an awesome person,well if you talk about my other granma(my mom's mother)she's sometimes very funny,everytime i turn on the music in my room,she runs upstairs,rushes into my room and starts dancing,it is fun dancing with her but it's still funny,cause she's 68,right?

Galactic Pretty Boy
10-12-2008, 08:06 AM
My grandparents often talk to the cats as if they are real people and occasionally my grandma yells at it to get a job lol

THE ICE ANGEL
10-12-2008, 08:53 AM
My grandparents often talk to the cats as if they are real people and occasionally my grandma yells at it to get a job lol

I do talk to my bunnies....but yell at them to get a job?!! LOL

.Lovebeat
10-12-2008, 09:05 AM
My grandma makes her own snuff. ;D

*.:Endless Sky:.*
10-12-2008, 09:12 AM
My family doesn't really do weird stuff, but my great grandma burns through bags of popcorn like it's nothin'.

SSDynamite
10-12-2008, 11:31 AM
I've just gotten home after a two hour road trip, sat in the back of the car with my Nan asking me every 20 minutes "Aren't these colours pretty?" and pointing at the trees.

wordfarer
10-12-2008, 11:44 AM
All but one of my grandparents do this thing where they are a kind fisherman/former marine/subtly racist comedian, then they just fall asleep. Meanwhile the family comes together like past ways and look for two bats and flee dye..

Kissed by Obito
10-12-2008, 11:57 AM
My mother is allergic to chocolate and every year for her birthday my grandmother on my father's side serves her a chocolate cake and gets mad when she won't eat it.

Eris
10-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Hmm...*nods* thats so bad.

He was lucky to last as long as he did (my grandfather with cancer), he's been smoking like a chimney since he was like 10. While it is sad he's going to kick it, I think he is at peace with his illness, so there really are worse ways of dying. He isn't taking medications, so he doesn't have to suffer through the nasty side effects of those or anything.

~*Starleaf*~
10-12-2008, 01:12 PM
For some strange reason, my grandmother likes to dance to Bob Marley.xD

MissAstaire
10-12-2008, 02:32 PM
You all think that 60 is a young age for a grandparent? My grandmother died when she was 48 and this month on the 24th she'll be 54.

But she didn't really do anything weird. Except for the fact that she was Bi-Polar, nothing was wrong with her. >_>

LadyAmy
10-12-2008, 04:36 PM
my grandpa died.. he was awesome.. he was on the navy.. ithe really was a nice man.. and i miss him 2 much... i'm sorry .

╬Karami Mew~Meow
10-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Shaa, Grandparents are usually very religious [or elders cuz they're near death].
My Dad's side, no idea cuz they're already dead when I was born.
My mom's side, my grandpa's so strict =.= kinda scared of him and he does those chicken betting fights. He's a chicken breeder too I guess. While my grandma's pretty cool, cuz she used to let me get whatever I want from her store xD [i will be cause of bank corrupt] But now I got more sense, so I probably will pay this time ..lol So yea, they're not 'weird' They're pretty normal =]
The religious one's my other grandma [sister of grandpa]. When I was young, she visits, then she let's me drink coffee as much as i want xD cuz my mom don't let me anyways.

Diocletian
10-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Hello,hi!

My grandmother is 96 years old (she's got one tooth lol). you won't belive what she likes to do...she loves to spray bug off on her hair and body..lol. When she's hurt, she sprays alot on the cut....she says it smells great and helps the cut to heal...ugh!

OMG!datz cruzy!

My grandmother never calls.That's pretty weird.

Aleyna
10-12-2008, 06:51 PM
My grandparents love eating sour kraut(sp?), but I guess that isn't that weird. It is to me though. Yuck!

prince_loki
10-17-2008, 01:16 PM
my grand mother is the greatest person in the world i tell her some secrets that i dont tell to my parents ^^

Baka
10-17-2008, 01:24 PM
My grandma doesn't know how to work the TV when she wants to record something. It's too bad because she is a TVaholic.

Overlord Darth Fluffles
10-17-2008, 02:11 PM
The most I have is my grandpa is A LOT like Bill Cosby and is going insane. Then again...I guess taht can be pretty awesome.

DynastyxFell
10-17-2008, 08:54 PM
My grandmother is one of the most normal, sensible people I've ever met. However, when she makes soup she likes to add wine, but it ends up being more like wine with a touch of soup.