PDA

View Full Version : Dealers Room Scammers

Kagome
10-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Okay...soo-I don't know about anyone else in here, but I've got a caveat for everyone that goes to anime cons. If you *ever* see Anime Pavillion on the Dealers Room list-do NOT look at it's merchandise or buy from it. The con staff cannot help you if you're "swindled." They are bad people-and here's why:

We were milling about this tiny dealers room and poking at the stall for Anime Pavillion. My friend Alayna picked up a 6 dvd boxset of Chrono Crusade and turned to ask one of the male venders how much it was. He told her it was $72 and then turned away to do something else.

She wanted to get it so she took it and her wallet up to the female vender and told her flat out "I want to buy this, here's the money" and put it down. (which was the mistake on her part) The girl said "Yeah okay" apparently not looking and Alayna walked out with my other friend and I into the hall.

She commented to me not a minute after we left that she'd had to pay $72 for the set-and not 10 seconds after she told me that-the male vender came racing out and demanded to see her bag. And then demanded to see a reciept-(which mind you none of the venders were giving out to anyone anyway-so why he asked is beyond me.) and then barked at her to come with him.

My other friend and I went trundling after having NO clue what was going on-and were horrified and surprised to hear him accusing her of theft-when we got there. And I mean come on-the place was tiny-she was in a hot pink bunny costume, no one sane would try to steal a $72 boxset in that situation! but he still accused her of it-and told her "If you don't admit you stole it I'll press charges! I HATE it when people lie to me!" Basically backing her into a corner and forcing her to LIE just to avoid getting her butt sued. And apparently the girl she'd left the money for had "Never seen this girl before, and had not sold any boxsets" Which was total BS, but ...

In her fear of all of this-she ended up paying this turd a second time for the set-thus losing $144 to these swindlers. In our near mute surprise it never occurred to us to be the one's to call the cops in this situation...which would have proved her innocence right theere because she wouldn't have been afraid to face the police from her end. Nothing doing now-but something we need to keep in mind. Anyway...In my own surprise I exlcaimed that "this is bullS*! Alayna wouldn't steal!" The jerk decided to turn around and get ugly on me...screaming at me in the middle of the dealers room-and threatening her further...It was Alayna telling me to stop that made me not persue it too much further...

Once we were out and had the Con security leading us to Con Ops-the guy looked at my other friend and I and said "You could be labeled as accomplices" (-Yes..we were all just SCAMMING to steal an overpriced anime that 2 of 3 of us had no interest in from your evil stall...that's right dude...) anyway-he also made the comment that this had happened to him 3 times before-which made us really wonder what he was actually doing to poor con-attendees everywhere...

We did talk to the con director-and to the con security who ladeedaa-believed *us* but because of some mal-written contract between the venders and the con staff-couldn't do jack about it-and had to revoke her badge for the rest of the weekend. So-not only did she lose $144 to Anime Pavillion-but she lost $65 for going to the con at all.

Sooo-Yea, That's why I urge people to *stay away* from Anime Pavillion.

Anyone else have any stories feel free to share.

honeysenpai17
10-09-2008, 02:27 PM
I report the website

amadorhi
10-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Thats really the lowest of the low. Not only are they ruining the fun people are having, but they went out of your way to rip you off for your hard-earned money. I woudlnt stand for that and neither should you guys. Really sorry to hear it.

Dxon
10-26-2008, 08:03 AM
I would kick his ***. And then see what kind of trouble that would cause. But I would take a chair and wham his head with it. I HATE swindlers.

Tsubaki Yoshikara
10-28-2008, 03:53 AM
Thanks for sharing, there are lots of this kind of people out there. But they should know what stock they have and then how much money they have. Just ask the cops to check em'.Was it done so?

sunnyside
10-28-2008, 04:11 AM
What would the cops have done?

Presumably the bastard in all this is whoever took the $72 dollars. But they probably would have just put it in their purse or whatever.

I guess I'll just be careful about getting reciepts and bags. :unsure:

Dxon
10-28-2008, 01:36 PM
This is a valuable lesson for everyone.

Check to see if a little stand hands out receipts. If it does and you don't get one. Ask for one. If they don't want to give you one. Then you better reverse the trade. If they say that's not possible. Then you just walk away. If the guy tries to rip you off anyway then you just walk away. If he touches you. Ask him wtf he's doing, and tell him you paid him and continue your day. If he/she is persistent just say he's talking BS and keep walking. He got no proof besides suddenly handing out receipts. The cop's won't do anything about it. At least they wouldn't here.

Lavos
10-28-2008, 10:00 PM
That is simple. Always demand a receipt.

Diocletian
10-28-2008, 10:08 PM
That is simple. Always demand a receipt.

True.
Plus, cons really don't look into backgrounds I'm sure.I could set up a store right now and swindle you.

kimbeey13
10-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Sorry that happened to you and your friends, I will try to avoid them in the future.