PDA

View Full Version : Hdr

International 4-8818
10-04-2008, 09:17 PM
An hdr stands for High dynamic range. What happens is that you take three photo's (preferably in high speed shooting). These three shots are a -2 exposure, normal exposure, and 2 exposure. I use photomatix pro 3.0 to stitch them all together to get a crazy looking shot. Last minute i made a HDR of me.

Now for this, i was bored and took it out of my car. I know it is only one shot but there will be more.

MuZ0NaZ
10-05-2008, 06:52 AM
I don't like the halos you have in the first shot and the sky is still blown somewhat, bracket more?
HDR self-portrait: please, just don't do it again D:

International 4-8818
10-05-2008, 03:20 PM
I don't like the halos you have in the first shot and the sky is still blown somewhat, bracket more?
HDR self-portrait: please, just don't do it again D:

Well this is my first time but halo's? I see none of the such.

MuZ0NaZ
10-05-2008, 04:34 PM
I mean these marked areas - there should be no such transition or it should be very minor if done well. Might be hard to fix since it was handheld.

Jose
10-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Does that mean that you don't personally like the HDR self-portrait or if it's like a rules somewhere o____O;

I personally like the halos, sure it does look like it was edited and doesn't flow well, but it gives the picture a unique look.

Kaitou Ace
10-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Actually photomatix pretty much creates the halos. You may want to look into using another program for the HDR work, or put a lot of time into tweaking the hdr histogram in photomatix.