PDA

View Full Version : In The Beginning...

Ayumi
10-17-2003, 12:47 AM
In order to have Roleplaying there needs me story lines! So let's begin by fielding our resources and pool some ideas. If you would like to see a game about anything in particular let me now and there is a good chance it could happen (Within reason and rules ofcourse). I myself am starting a game up shortly to get things rollling.
So Come on folks! I am all ears!!! :D

Daenerys
10-17-2003, 12:57 AM
Can we start the usual tradition of a Sailor Scout rp?

Ayumi
10-17-2003, 01:02 AM
Someone must submit a story line for review and approval. If it sounds Viable and follows regulations then it's all go! I am beginning to write up the rules so they shall be up anon! But if anyone wants to begin the proposal I am ready for it.

Daenerys
10-17-2003, 01:08 AM
Alright, letsee if I can come up with a good storyline.

Cloud Strife
10-17-2003, 11:36 AM
im joining when you get the rpg up ^_^

Ayumi
10-17-2003, 12:07 PM
I love the Dancing Minions :D!!! lol

Cloud Strife
10-17-2003, 12:11 PM
you should give me a minion ai <3

Daenerys
10-17-2003, 12:39 PM
Haha, thanks Ayumi. And NO, They&#39;re mine. I smack you.

How about starting a standard SM roleplay, in which someone who no one really likes (Chibi Usa) get&#39;s kidnapped?

We could either base it on the Dark Moon family, or invent our own bad guys.

Sound like a good idea?

Cloud Strife
10-17-2003, 12:44 PM
i wanna be apart of the bad guys. <3

Ayumi
10-17-2003, 12:59 PM
That could certainly work... Who would play the protagonists though?

Cloud Strife
10-17-2003, 01:03 PM
actually wait. i&#39;d want to play the protagonist. i love silent characters.

so yeah. i want the protagonist spot <3

Ayumi
10-17-2003, 01:05 PM
All those who want to start up a Sailor Moon game formulate your characters and if Ai wants to write the story line talk to her about getting your characters intertwined :)

Cloud Strife
10-17-2003, 01:19 PM
alright i will..this is gonna be cool.

Daenerys
10-17-2003, 01:19 PM
Sure, I&#39;ll write the storyline. I&#39;ve never written one before so... Excuse me if it sucks :D

Cloud Strife
10-17-2003, 01:21 PM
im sure your storyline won&#39;t suck. you write excellent fan fics, so you would do well.

SGI
10-17-2003, 04:36 PM
So basically its like Tuxedomask where you submit a roleplaying idea to be approved by a mod, and then you can post it?

Ayumi
10-17-2003, 04:48 PM
After approval the idea can certainly commence. Just so long as it follows Forum rules :)

Cloud Strife
10-17-2003, 04:50 PM
i can&#39;t wait for this rpg. it&#39;ll be fun.

Daenerys
10-17-2003, 05:10 PM
Question, what if we want to start one of the RPG&#39;s that AG used to have?

Like someone would have a "bar" or a "cafe" and people would come in and order, and the person who started the bar, or cafe, would hire waitresses, and cooks?

I loved those <3

Ayumi
10-17-2003, 05:38 PM
Actually Ai, I am writing up an idea for a central kingdom with many attached kingdoms/realms that will have things such as Cafes and Bars and Inns with heads of each. For now I am working on the Central Kingdom... a Sort of Rome where all Roads lead. If you create a character for this world you can come from one of many lands. These lands will be some of my creation but if anyone has ideas for a kingdom they would like to see created I gladly will listen.

Daenerys
10-17-2003, 05:44 PM
Wow, that&#39;s pretty extensive.

If you make a kinda elven kingdom, make like, tons of beautiful things in it. Like Butterflies, unicorns, and the like. I&#39;d so be from there :D

Ayumi
10-17-2003, 06:29 PM
There will absolutely be an elvin kingdom&#33; The Kingdoms themselves will be done in piece by piece as we get enough roleplayers to belong to each. That is why only the central Realm will be created for now, until there can be enough for the Kingdoms outside it to rise.

Jimbo
10-18-2003, 08:37 PM
Awwww, we need to get things started here with at least one warm up RPG. I&#39;m at my cousin&#39;s house right now, and I have to go somewhere soon, so I can&#39;t write a story out right now. I wouldn&#39;t mind writing down an entire storyline out and starting an RP. If you guys don&#39;t know me you might recognize me as Tenchi Masaki from Tuxedomask. I usually hang out in the Game and Role Play forums there. I&#39;m probably most famous(maybe not) for my LOTR RPG which is almost done (Thank goodness). I&#39;ll tell some of my friends from Tux to go to AG and help out with the RPG section since it looks like it just got started. I was a member of AG two years ago, but I got too wrapped into Tux. When I tried to join AG again the site was down, so I was sad. Now that&#39;s it back up I&#39;d like to start posting again, so yeah I&#39;ll come up with a storyline later on today and diffinitely by this week.

If you guys have any preferences to what you would like in an RP you can feel free to tell me, like you want a medieval RP or a futuristic/post-apocalyptic RP. I have alot of ideas in mind and I can&#39;t implement them at the moment because Tux only allows 1 RP headed by 1 user at a time.

I just want to pop this question because I&#39;ve wanted to ask this for a while after I got into RPing. I was wondering if I could apply to become a mod? Ummm I can write up my "resume" if you want, and if you want to check out my RPing you can read my LOTR RP at Tux. I know I just joined this forum but I&#39;m not new to the whole RPing bit. If I can&#39;t be a mod it&#39;s all gravy, I look forward to RPing with everyone here and making new friends. Alright I&#39;ve probably taken too much of your time, So I&#39;ll reply back with a storyline. Ok have a nice day&#33;

Kensora Nirvasu
10-18-2003, 09:59 PM
I&#39;d definatly like to join an RPG. Heh, haven&#39;t been in one of those in a long time. Whatever the storyline is, I shall be an an annoying antagonist that eludes the good guy&#39;s grasp multiple times. :D

Daenerys
10-19-2003, 01:13 AM
If you want to be a moderator, you should Private Message Kaitou Ace, although it&#39;s doubtfull he&#39;ll be looking for co-mods when a forum isn&#39;t really active.

:D

Kaitou Ace
10-19-2003, 03:04 AM
Actualy it&#39;d be Ayumi you have to message, more then me ^_^; I would not impose a co-mod on someone.

Daenerys
10-19-2003, 03:16 AM
I thought you had to ask you, and if you agree&#39;d, then you&#39;d ask the mod they wanted to co-mod with?

That&#39;s how I co-modded with Reiako anyway o.O;

SGI
10-19-2003, 05:26 AM
I&#39;m plotting a good idea for a Sakura Taisen RPG. If you don&#39;t mind overpolitical themes in your steam powered mecha and demon bashing

Belisarius
10-19-2003, 09:53 PM
Jimbo: If you&#39;re looking to start one up anyways, I wouldn&#39;t mind seeing a medieval/swords&sorcery-type RP. I sort of miss my character from Aiyon (RIP) and wouldn&#39;t mine RPing him again.

Venusinfurs
10-20-2003, 03:32 PM
Um Bebop? perhaps... always gotta have a bebop&#33;

vash the stampede
10-21-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Venusinfurs@Oct 20 2003, 03:27 PM
always gotta have a bebop&#33;
what do you mean? gotta have a bebop. that is a anime right. i don&#39;t want to sound dumb but. :unsure:

My Webpage (http://scrnet.com)
[email protected]

Daenerys
10-21-2003, 01:28 AM
Too late, I&#39;m pretty sure she means Bebop, as in the anime.

Princess Mononoke
10-21-2003, 03:07 AM
we need a lotr rpg but someone make the storyline cuz i cant i just want to claim to be Eowyn.

squall_leonhart
10-21-2003, 08:59 AM
sorry i dont hav the time with skool and everything to write a story :( but it would be kool if u made me a character plz

Daenerys
10-21-2003, 12:10 PM
Which one was that Mono? The chick with the white white hair?

If we could get together on AIM, I&#39;d write a LOTR RP, I wanna be Arwen :D

The reason why I&#39;d say get together on aim, is because I&#39;m not very good with remembering everything that happened in LOTR, and I don&#39;t own the movie&#39;s, and my books are at my dad&#39;s house...

Princess Mononoke
10-21-2003, 12:24 PM
thats cool... im an expert with lotr

Ayumi
10-21-2003, 01:51 PM
Eowyn... As in the King&#39;s Niece and a rather fierce warrior herself :) Ok as it stands I am fielding all of your Story line ideas. ooo Someone sent me a Private message&#33;
Ai when you are ready with your story line I think it might me best to send it to me Via Private message so I can pick it out alot quicker and give it first priority.,... Um what is Bebop? :P

Daenerys
10-21-2003, 01:54 PM
I think they mean Cowboy Bebop, the anime.

And I&#39;ll start working on that later today, Like, the LOTR one.

Ayumi
10-21-2003, 02:00 PM
I love Mary Poppins too....Well Right now I am working on the central kingdom. So that will be up today :D

Princess Mononoke
10-21-2003, 03:15 PM
yay i cant wait...

ai if you need help i&#39;ll be here till 5pm and after 10 pm my time... i&#39;ll definatly help.

Jimbo
10-21-2003, 07:56 PM
Okay, Then I&#39;ll wait until the forums are a little more active until I&#39;ll ask for modmanship(don&#39;t think that&#39;s a word). Anyways, I&#39;ll start up an RP, but first submit my story here so that Ayumi can approve, if it is approve I guess I can cut and paste it on a seperate post. Also about the LOTR RP, I find it more fun to just wing it, start from scratch, like keeping the Ring the focus of the story but making your own characters, and your own adventures, I don&#39; t know that&#39;s what I did and it turned out great, if you want to check it out look at the LOTR RP at Tux it&#39;s still going strong for being an old RP.

Title: Legacy of Heroes

Backstory: The story is set in the world of Gaia. Many creatures roam the planes of Gaia, from Elves to Dwarves, wolves to dragons. The world of Gaia consists of five main countries, all connected to each other by a strip of land serving as a bridge. The Lush forests of Eldarmari is located in the center of the world, inhabited by mostly elves, nymphs, and fairies. The fiery lands of Scoria is home to dragons and volcanoes and located to the west. The plains of Manno is the home to many of the humans, and where many people gather, located in the north. The mountains of Gor is located in the East, and holds many treasures and mines, most of the raw ores are found in this area as well as dwarves and trolls. Finally, there is Helles, the dark and mysterious swamplands, where most of the world stays away from. The Five lands are ruled by five Monarchs. Manno and Gor have Kings, and Eldarmari and Scoria have Queens. Helles however is ruled by a mysterious leader only known as Lord Helles Viper, or Lord Viper. Through the years, the lands were able to co-exist, until Lord Viper became jealous, thinking to himself that everyone else was able to get a great kingdom to rule over while he&#39;s stuck with the vile and disgusting pits of Helles. So it came to pass that Viper declared war among the nations of Gaia. Because Viper controlled Helles, he was able to control some of the most vicious creatures in Gaia, as well as demons from the Underworld, for Helles was also the gateway to the Underworld known as The Abyss. After years of conflict, it seemed that all hope was lost. No one got along, Humans and Elves, Dwarves and Orcs, no two races agreed on the same thing. Finally, a group emerged, consisting of many different races. Together they united and were able to fight Viper. The group called themselves "Gaia&#39;s Legacy". Soon after the group&#39;s formation, Viper was overrun. The nations of Gaia were finally on the same page and were able to take down Viper. He was too powerful to slay at the time so they used their combined efforts to seal Viper in a tomb deep within Helles Swamps. Peace ran thoughtout the world with news of Viper&#39;s defeat and the nations of Gaia held a great celebration in honor of the victory. Soon the group that helped defeated Viper were immortalized into stories and legends passed down through the generations.

Present day Story: The World of Gaia has experienced over 500 years of peace. Some people begin to worry because of rumors of a strange evil gathering in the swamps of Helles. It has been 500 years since anyone has stepped foot in that land, and lived to tell the tale. The great celebration "Gaia&#39;s Legacy" and their victory over Lord Viper is in three days, and it is said to be the best one yet. Many people are gathering to Manno, the home of Men to come join in the festivities. What not many people know is that the evil many are whispering about, is going to made known....

The World of Gaia(Geography):

There are Five nations of Gaia:

Scoria: Fire Nation of the West, Ruled by Queen Flaire

Eldamari: Forest Nation in the Middle of the World, Ruled by Queen Persephone

Gor: Mountain Nation in the East, Ruled by King Gar

Manno: Plains Nation of the North, ruled by King Cyrus

Helles: Swamp Nation of the South, no ruler

The nations are all connected together by a single strait or strip of land, with the exception of Manno and Eldarmari, these straits are known as "Gateways". The strips along with their corrosponding connecting countries goes as follows.

Manno connects to Eldamari, Gor, and Scoria which makes it unique in that it connects to three countries instead of one.

Scoria is connected to Eldarmari.

Eldarmari is connected to both Scoria,Manno, and Gor.

Gor is connected to Eldarmari.

Helles&#39; Gateway is unknown, it&#39;s strait has been cut off since the sealing of Lord Viper.

Side Notes: The era of this world is in the Dark Ages so anything Medieval goes, just don&#39;t make any Godly Characters, that&#39;s all I ask. Be Creative with your character designs.

You may have magic/skills/techniques/special abilities for your characters, just not to much.

If you&#39;re going to have Magic, try to keep it to one practice

Ex. Black Magic

Don&#39;t have a Character that has mastered all types of Magic(there&#39;s always room for learning).

Feel free to pick any race mythological or Medieval.

Ex. Tauren, Minotaurs, Centaurs, Mermaids, Elves

Other than that, everything is completely and totally up to you.

OK so there you have it, read it and if it&#39;s approved then we&#39;ll start ASAP, Thanks for reading through this I know you eyes must hurt.

Ayumi, if you want we can use Gaia as the RP World thing you&#39;re talking about, but if you have something else in mind already go for it. Ok my fingers are tired so I&#39;m going to take a nap, later guys and gals&#33;

Ayumi
10-21-2003, 09:03 PM
Using your Gaa as the rp world I had in mind could definately work... but it would need some tweeking. All the kingdoms are independent (as you have said here) but the central Kingdom is seen as the diplomatic head. This is where all the nations come to settle disputes (Much like the United Nations) they also run a good portion of commerce there as it is the crossroads between all other kingdoms. There can also be added other Nations on other planets and Dimensions that will join up in the Union of peace as All portals seem to lead to the central Diplomatic nation. There will be a Monarch of this land yes but also a council which the monarch is the chairperson of and must pass laws with her Council&#39;s approval to have them ratified.

Daenerys
10-21-2003, 09:15 PM
So there are going to be certain leaders for each kingdom? How would we decide who&#39;s the leader for what kingdom?

I could understand that you&#39;d be the leader/etc of the Central kingdom, because that&#39;s how you&#39;d keep everything in control..

But I unno about the rest.

Ayumi
10-21-2003, 09:31 PM
Well deciding Leaders of each kingdom is easy.... Whoever creates the kingdom rules it :P... It will also be decided by how much work each person does on it and should any Leader retire that is the way (along with concensus) how a new leader will be chosen as well.

Jimbo
10-21-2003, 10:16 PM
Yeah, I made that all up on the spot. The areas are based off a book I&#39;m writing for fun. Yes I was going to add a lot more info if my post was approved. I agree, the Human world, Manno was going to be the center of business due to the fact that it bridges out to the three other countries. I was thinking that we could add weekly/monthly quests to the RP, and the occasional villian of the month. Maybe when we get things rolling things should be fine. So if you think all&#39;s well that ends well in my previous post we could get that RP started, and discuss the RP World you&#39;re planning as well. Since you&#39;re adding the idea of different dimensions/planets. Can&#39;t wait to get more in depth with this, I think it could turn out great as long as we think about it and plan it out.

Belisarius
10-21-2003, 10:35 PM
Eh, I don&#39;t like the land bridges idea--terribly unrealistic, if you ask me--but it&#39;s workable. I can even start to see where I could fit Nyle in.

Jimbo
10-21-2003, 10:52 PM
Really? I mean if we&#39;re going to have magic and dragons, of course it&#39;s not going to be realistic. I just thought it&#39;d be a good idea to have the countries connected somehow in order to make it easier to travel around on foot. I was going to exclude the entire idea of having ships, so it would be more of an adventure if it was on foot rather than sailing around, because instead of going from point A to point D you have to cross B and C. Just a thought, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, we&#39;ll work things out. And what I mean was not just man made bridges, but ACTUAL land bridges, if you&#39;re ever seen one it&#39;s pretty cool. I think they&#39;re called Sandbars in beaches. The shore of the beach has a strip of land that connects to an island off in the ocean, it reveals itself when the tide is low. Okay just had to say my share ok later then&#33;

Daenerys
10-21-2003, 11:13 PM
Realistic RP&#39;s are okay, but it&#39;s much more fun to role play something that&#39;s not realistic, that way we can have more fun stepping out of ourselves.

Belisarius
10-22-2003, 08:54 AM
Realistic within the framework, I meant; Something like land bridges are a little *too* convenient, which makes willing suspension of disbelief harder.

Look at Dungeons and Dragons; It develops a solid framework in which magic exists, but there are concrete rules governing its use, abilities, and limitations. In the case of Dragonlance, a lot of research was done in the world creation process--They designed all kinds of details that they never even used (intercontinental trade routes and such) just to ensure that everything would work out.

Go ahead with land bridges, I&#39;m just griping ;)

Daenerys
10-22-2003, 01:13 PM
I don&#39;t even understand the land bridges thing...

Like.. Bridges.... from one place to another...?

Jimbo
10-22-2003, 02:45 PM
Yeah, the land bridges are just merely ways to get by from Kingdom to Kingdom. I had the notion of ruling out any sea travel, so in order to get from Say Point A to Point C, you have to cross B, you can&#39;t take a shortcut and just go directly to C. I thought it&#39;d be a nice addition, but if sea travel is more appealing to you then it&#39;s alright. Just think of the bridges as a way to get from place to place ON FOOT/Horseback. It does sound conveniant, but hey I didn&#39;t want to replicate the Earth, you have to have something different, I guess this was my way of trying to make Gaia unique in a sense. Oh well, how bout we take a poll? I can&#39;t set one up here in this topic, but we&#39;ll just take postal votes.

Should we have Land Bridges Connecting the Countries?

It&#39;s just a yes or no answer, please don&#39;t say I don&#39;t know just take a side it&#39;s not going to get me angry or anything, I like having RP&#39;s where everyone has say in where the direction of it will go. Ok I vote yes so that leaves

Yes-1
No-0

Daenerys
10-22-2003, 02:57 PM
Well the way you made it -is- too simple.

I think the taking time out to go across the sea is much easier. And we can predetermin how long it would take from one place to another, and that person would take that many days out of the RP (not -real- days, we&#39;ll figure out a way to make that more time efficent)

So no.

Ayumi
10-22-2003, 06:52 PM
I agree with Ai.... Definately not... I think I would rather have things so that there is everytype of transport possible including portals. I also don&#39;t wish to have Already pre set up kingdoms. Let them grow organically with people who join in adding their own ideas. That I think is more ideal in making the rpg grow with the Role players.

Tora_No_Unmei
10-22-2003, 08:44 PM
I&#39;m not going to give a clear cut yes or no. I&#39;m just going to say this, how about a compromise? Some countries are stil connected by land brides and others are not? That way theres some variety. Like on connecting to the other could have many perils to get to it, one sea trip, you have to pay hamage to the god of that body of water to get across safely.

*grins* Don&#39;t kill me. I&#39;m actually using my brain after school hours.

And for all who don&#39;t know...this is Artemis. I know all of Jimbos rpg over at TM. I started in it from the beginning. Its quiet scary how far its come. He has alot of good ideas.
Like I said. I&#39;m not giving any clear cut yes or no. Just stopping things before an argument occurs.

Ayumi
10-22-2003, 09:19 PM
Hmm Now I am usually open to compromise but I had a certain vision in mind. Jimbo&#39;s idea is alright but it doesn&#39; Coincide with what I wanted for this particular game.... And No I won&#39;t Kill you ... you tired

Jimbo
10-22-2003, 11:23 PM
*Looks at Tora* KoS is that you?&#33;?&#33;?

That all seems fine to me, maybe we should set aside a specific topic for the "World RP" We&#39;re doing. Whatever the outcome is I&#39;m sure it will be great. I know in the RP&#39;s I&#39;ve been in, things turn out unexpectedly better when it&#39;s all random and spur of the moment. But yeah, we can have some areas connecting to each other, and now if the seas are open, then people can be pirates, and kingdoms can have harbors and trade routes. Sounds like a good idea, the whole compromise thing works for me. Alright, but I highly suggest a seperate Topic created specificly for this Wolrd RP, so the ideas are organized and not jumbled up with other posts. Okay that is all for today later guys and gals&#33;

Ayumi
10-22-2003, 11:26 PM
I will consider your proposal for your concept as a possibility. I have started the thread with the Central Kingdom... I don&#39;t want to have the other kingdoms up unless there are enough members of each to fill the ranks.

Daenerys
10-28-2003, 06:50 PM
y0&#39; just a message that I&#39;m not able to get online everyday, so it&#39;ll probally be another week before I can participate in teh RP&#39;s.

Sorry <3

.:Tsukimi Ayana:.
12-02-2003, 05:30 PM
is this a rpg? just let meh know if it is ok buh-byies

ShadowBlade
12-28-2003, 05:52 PM
why dont ya come up with a rp storyline as you go on, i thought thats how they were made.

im fairly good at this stuff so if ya need help tell me yell at me or start cussin at me

Ayumi
12-30-2003, 06:18 AM
The storyline is made as you go along... but threads are not just started up on a whim, else it would be impossible to keep track of ones that are still viable and others which have died out.
It is good of you to offer aid to those who have questions about rpg and between the more experienced players and myself we can easily circumvent any difficulties.

leooew
03-24-2004, 02:46 PM
hey it would be cool if i coud be in can i. i love rpg&#39;s there so cool :wub:

sara_ofthe_dark
07-14-2004, 12:46 PM
Ayumi&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; i wanna be a character from one of your worlds, its sound cool :D but i am new i dont really know what to do to become one. ...... could you help? pleaze :(

learningmyself
07-15-2004, 03:12 PM
:wub:

Xander
07-15-2004, 08:44 PM
Hello&#33;^_^ has this rpg started yet..I would like to enter...(sounded to intelligent....)

Tora_No_Unmei
07-15-2004, 10:04 PM
This isn&#39;t an rpg in and of itself. This is a dicussion section FOR the rpg section. So nope. The rpg isn&#39;t open since there isn&#39;t one in this post.

Mystical p-chan
09-11-2004, 12:56 PM
*frowns* Well, I wanted to join too.

Ayumu147
11-09-2004, 05:19 PM
Oh, may i join? :D

chibi_girl_inuyasha
11-09-2004, 08:16 PM
can i plz join,??

red storm
11-11-2004, 05:59 AM
Did you even read? this isn't an rpg, it's a discusion thread for the rpg forum.

Silver Shadow
01-31-2005, 05:29 PM
Lol. Next time read CHibi girl InuYasha.

hydroh
07-02-2005, 12:58 PM
how do i git money on this game

hydroh
07-02-2005, 01:02 PM
how do i git money on this game i need to know i cant buy iny thing.

hydroh
07-02-2005, 01:03 PM
plez

hydroh
07-02-2005, 01:04 PM
you all there!