PDA

View Full Version : Regional gatherings?

boo radley
09-28-2008, 10:48 PM
Anyone ever have any regional AF meets or gatherings? Discuss.

rEikAbLeU
09-28-2008, 10:51 PM
i think this would be nice...
i just hope this works for everybody's convenience...
^^,

OminousCloud
09-29-2008, 01:44 AM
Sadly, I think all the other Aussies have come together to avoid me hahaha. But an AF gathering would be alright, typically set inside a net cafe where no verbal communication goes on. Yup, it would be grande!

Dr. Hax
09-29-2008, 01:46 AM
Sadly, I think all the other Aussies have come together to avoid me

It's okay. Someday we can have a Hard Gay Celebration. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SSDynamite
09-29-2008, 02:00 AM
That would be so fun!
A few of us are already planning to live together in one big house (belonging to kuro) and being a big mad family.

But, yeah I would like an AF gathering, but people living everywhere in the world is kinda hard to organise.

The Nightingale
09-29-2008, 06:50 AM
I'd love that =D...though no one really lives near me aha.

I think if some people flew over here for say... an anime con, then we could meet =D (Portcon July! YAY)

Dxon
09-29-2008, 07:35 AM
I'd love that =D...though no one really lives near me aha.

I think if some people flew over here for say... an anime con, then we could meet =D (Portcon July! YAY)

Yeah it would be fun to meet you! :)

Also people make these threads and people go all like: "Yeah. That's a great idea." and then like "but who's gonna pay for the tickets...?".

And then big silence and nothing is going to happen.

Still a great idea though. But we need funding. :p

Morris
09-29-2008, 07:56 AM
I would assume that in theory it sounds like a great idea and such but the real issue would be the cost, followed by the mass arguments of where exactly to meet, followed by half the people having to drop out, and the fact no one really does bother in the end.

Don't get me wrong, the idea does sound fun (although I'd have to become ore well known first) but for alot of people it just wouldn't be feasable for specific reasons.

Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki
09-29-2008, 08:21 AM
Yes, it's been discussed many times before. A lot of our AF members went/go to AX. You see, no one lives in San Francisco for some ungodly-known reason. Seriously, what's wrong with you all?! I don't know, there are some members here that I would seriously love to see.

Then again, there's at least one of us on AF who is an Internet rapist... and I can name a few.

boo radley
09-29-2008, 11:07 AM
Hey everyone, I didn't mean like a big internation AF meet. I meant if anyone made meets for their respective regions. I would be down for a meet in the SF bay area in Cali or something. This thread is more to get people thinking on starting their own gatherings around where they live.

Continue discussing :D.

gd0929918
09-29-2008, 12:22 PM
id be down for meeting some people local to me.
i dont know how many people on here are in the Greater Vancouver/Lower Mainland area though.

Overlord Darth Fluffles
09-29-2008, 01:26 PM
I like the idea. I need new people to yell at and blame to why everything sucks. AF members near me would be perfect, also I need more minions to fuel my horde! =D

Anime Forum
09-29-2008, 01:32 PM
Sounds like a good idea. That would be pretty cool to meet some of the people on here, so yea its a cool idea.

Amray The II
09-29-2008, 02:05 PM
No, and I would prefer it if it stayed that way.
All the members that I somewhat liked have left now anyway.

boo radley
09-29-2008, 03:25 PM
No, and I would prefer it if it stayed that way.
All the members that I somewhat liked have left now anyway.

Boo hoo?

Lord Fluff
09-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Hey everyone, I didn't mean like a big internation AF meet. I meant if anyone made meets for their respective regions. I would be down for a meet in the SF bay area in Cali or something. This thread is more to get people thinking on starting their own gatherings around where they live.

Continue discussing :D.

I live in San Jose, which is just south of San Francisco. I think it would be awesome to have AF meetings.

+Namiko+
09-29-2008, 06:35 PM
IDK, I have friends here from like 1000 miles away that I wanna meet really bad! ^^ It would be cool to meet people that you have ever spoken to face to face, and a group AF meeting would assure Im not meeting a creepy old man I thought was a 13-year-old girl ^^ haha! I would love to meet some of you! OH! and we would all wear T-shirts with our screen names in them, so we'd know who each other is ! ^^ XD! I think I'd see Hanai Sempai there, since he's only like two states away, thats all I know! JERSEY!!

Petrol Gas
09-29-2008, 06:40 PM
If you just look on the AF Map (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=69543&highlight=location) you can get in touch with the members nearest you.That is, if you really feel like meeting up.

Diocletian
09-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Yes, it's been discussed many times before. A lot of our AF members went/go to AX. You see, no one lives in San Francisco for some ungodly-known reason. Seriously, what's wrong with you all?! I don't know, there are some members here that I would seriously love to see.

Then again, there's at least one of us on AF who is an Internet rapist... and I can name a few.

What....that's crazy.....who would do that....I'm not a rapist, molester at best.I lived in the Mission when I was four.

I thought it said religious gatherings.Would be somewhat fun. but Eris' wouldn't show up and we need something entertaining.

boo radley
09-29-2008, 07:31 PM
I live in San Jose, which is just south of San Francisco. I think it would be awesome to have AF meetings.

Maybe I'll start another thread specifically for a Nor Cal meet then? We can figure out how many people are even down to meet then figure out where and when.

IDK, I have friends here from like 1000 miles away that I wanna meet really bad! ^^ It would be cool to meet people that you have ever spoken to face to face, and a group AF meeting would assure Im not meeting a creepy old man I thought was a 13-year-old girl ^^ haha! I would love to meet some of you! OH! and we would all wear T-shirts with our screen names in them, so we'd know who each other is ! ^^ XD! I think I'd see Hanai Sempai there, since he's only like two states away, thats all I know! JERSEY!!

Start up a local meet to your region then? I'd imagine any kind of forum wide meet would probably be at a convention or something. I think I have a hookup to go out to some conventions all over Cali but otherwise I'm not sure.

What....that's crazy.....who would do that....I'm not a rapist, molester at best.I lived in the Mission when I was four.

I thought it said religious gatherings.Would be somewhat fun. but Eris' wouldn't show up and we need something entertaining.

Are you sure you're not a rapist or molester? Now I'm scared :p.

Fabala
09-29-2008, 07:40 PM
Sadly, I think all the other Aussies have come together to avoid me hahaha. But an AF gathering would be alright, typically set inside a net cafe where no verbal communication goes on. Yup, it would be grande!
If they did it was without SGI or myself ;p So at least you aren't the only one left out.

Lord Fluff
09-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Maybe I'll start another thread specifically for a Nor Cal meet then? We can figure out how many people are even down to meet then figure out where and when.

Start up a local meet to your region then? I'd imagine any kind of forum wide meet would probably be at a convention or something. I think I have a hookup to go out to some conventions all over Cali but otherwise I'm not sure.

The only convention I know about that is near me is Fanime, and I've only been to that once.:p

Manhattan_Project_2000
09-29-2008, 09:54 PM
I'd go for that, so long as everyone wore blinders and we spaced out the arrival and departure times so that no one had to look at one another.

Alternate idea: We all meet in a dark auditorium and speak through voice synthesizers.

boo radley
09-29-2008, 11:02 PM
I'd go for that, so long as everyone wore blinders and we spaced out the arrival and departure times so that no one had to look at one another.

Alternate idea: We all meet in a dark auditorium and speak through voice synthesizers.

What if someone has night vision goggles?

Oh yeah and for Northern Califonia SF bay area people feel free to PM me so we can get something going. It'll take sometime between my schedule and all that stuff.

gd0929918
09-30-2008, 12:02 AM

now you're starting to sound like 4chan lol

we are anonymous. nobody can know who we are.

OminousCloud
09-30-2008, 12:27 AM
If they did it was without SGI or myself ;p So at least you aren't the only one left out.

SGI won't even let me stalk visit him at work ;_; To my knowledge I don't think anyone has organised an Aussie meet. Apparently it's really hard to get all... 6 of us together

Or we could just all wear masks like those guys in Liar Game.

Datenshi
09-30-2008, 07:26 AM
If I remember, there was a meet sometime back in Shibuya, Tokyo down at the Japanese Discussion boards. It sounds like they had a lot of fun. I was actually in Shibuya at the time but I was with a friend, so unfortunately I had to pass.

BoiledFart
09-30-2008, 08:02 AM
I would but what if one of you is a paedo i wouldnt no so i probably wuldnt.

Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki
09-30-2008, 08:25 AM
The only convention I know about that is near me is Fanime, and I've only been to that once.:p

Hmm... I go there every year.

If I were to go visit AF members, I'd probably fly out to the East Coast, or go to Southern California. But when I win the lottery, I'm going to Europe.

Manhattan_Project_2000
09-30-2008, 09:07 AM
What if someone has night vision goggles?A Burly man in an executioners outfit at the door will pat people down for concealed katana, nunchucks, night vision goggles, shuriken, and assorted other animu/nerd stuff.

I would but what if one of you is a paedo i wouldnt no so i probably wuldnt.
By legal definition most of the board can't be pedo because most of the board is under 18 and/or 16. But even if there were a pedo, it's not as though you'd be meeting him in his room at a Motel 6, you'd be in a public place with other people.

BoiledFart
09-30-2008, 09:28 AM
A Burly man in an executioners outfit at the door will pat people down for concealed katana, nunchucks, night vision goggles, shuriken, and assorted other animu/nerd stuff.

By legal definition most of the board can't be pedo because most of the board is under 18 and/or 16. But even if there were a pedo, it's not as though you'd be meeting him in his room at a Motel 6, you'd be in a public place with other people.

point taken but ther will be a pedo on af

suzumi
09-30-2008, 09:58 AM
If I remember, there was a meet sometime back in Shibuya, Tokyo down at the Japanese Discussion boards. It sounds like they had a lot of fun. I was actually in Shibuya at the time but I was with a friend, so unfortunately I had to pass.

So you should tag along with us when we go to this year's winter Comiket!! I'm sure Mistress wouldn't mind.

MistressPookyChan
09-30-2008, 10:15 AM
COMIKETTTTTT!!! BTW, if anyone is in Tokyo on Sat the 11th, my friend is taking me to a live event for Little Non. http://www.littlenon.com/

But yeah...

When people come to Tokyo, I usually take them out around town. No one is around at the moment (that I know of...) so things have been pretty quiet.

boo radley
09-30-2008, 10:58 AM
I wouldnt doubt there would be a pedo there.

Yeah I noticed the amount of younger people compared to older people so I would hope there's a good group together to meet to make sure no nasty business goes down. I'm trying to set up something local but if I get less than 10 people interested I don't wanna do it. I'm not really into the idea of having to defend someone from a ped.

Ollie
09-30-2008, 04:02 PM
Considering how many forumers live in this area, I'm surprised we haven't had a Pacific Northwest meet. SakuraCon seems like the perfect oppurtunity to do so.

Diocletian
09-30-2008, 06:17 PM
What about Comic-Con.Even if this is an anime forum, I can at least count on Sano being there.

I will be dressed as The Flash.

Fabala
09-30-2008, 07:08 PM
[quote=HardGay;2139029]SGI won't even let me stalk visit him at work ;_;quote]
Yeah, surprisingly, he's not a fan of stalkers XD

Gjallarhorn
10-01-2008, 01:41 AM
Doesn't sound all that fun to me, actually. I mean, it'd be cool if you had a bunch of members in your state, or region that you wanted to meet, but most of my friend on here are from all around the U.S....and all around the world. That makes things fairly difficult. I mean, the group meeting at Anime Expo last year is still kind of a weird though, given how far everyone traveled, myself being the farthest.

OminousCloud
10-01-2008, 06:29 AM
To those worried about pedos, if there is a meet, you can always bring a friend... and older friend. And yeah, what MP2K said about the public places.

SGI won't even let me stalk visit him at work ;_;
Yeah, surprisingly, he's not a fan of stalkers XD

But I'd bring cake!! lol