PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Tactics

Daenerys
10-16-2003, 12:24 AM
Okay, I got Tactics like six months ago or so, sometime when I was offline. But anyway, I started playing again, and I've been asking people for tips and tricks.

Like what kind of teams should I build? What would work best?

All Ninjas? A few ninja's a monk and a white mage?

Stuff like that, y'know?

Give me good combinations to try out.

Regex
10-16-2003, 09:51 AM
Go with your evil army of CHOCOBO POWER.

It won't beat anything, but it will be hilarious to watch.

Daenerys
10-16-2003, 11:43 AM
Oh god NO!

I got one chocobo, just because I wanted to see my guy ride him, and now I have four. One hour of playing, I have FOUR.

They're like RABBITS I tell you!

Cloud Strife
10-16-2003, 11:45 AM
2 ninja's with zoirlin shapes/assasin daggers/rubber suits/feather capes/feather hats : /2 knights with chaos blades/maximillions/grand helmet/estuchions (spelling?)(shields)/feather capes/ : and ramza with the same as knights

you'll be unstoppable trust me.

Daenerys
10-16-2003, 11:58 AM
How far into the game is that? o.O;

Cloud Strife
10-16-2003, 12:07 PM
like at the end. this might help you.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx

find final fantasy tactics and there should be something there that'll help you.

Kukosunosuke
10-16-2003, 05:27 PM
NO no! A chocobo! ^_^ I luff my Chocobo.

Cloud Strife
10-16-2003, 07:28 PM
i love that fact that chocobos can heal whenever they want to but when you fight all those chocobo's in the storyline, the red chocobo's are lil demons.

Daenerys
10-16-2003, 07:42 PM
I hate fighting against chocobos. You just want to smack them all and tell them to go away.

It's like, you're close to killing one, and they RUN AWAY, to the other side of the field, and heal themselves.

Bastards, all of them.

Cloud Strife
10-16-2003, 07:45 PM
they have at least move+6 so yeah. they're devils.

Daenerys
10-16-2003, 07:58 PM
Well, if they're really are red ones, you're damn right.

Cloud Strife
10-17-2003, 11:22 AM
they are. they can use chocobo meteor on you too. it's evil.

Daenerys
10-17-2003, 01:15 PM
Damnit, All this talk makes me want to play.

When do the red ones come? Like what chapter?

I'm still in chapter two ^^;

Cloud Strife
10-17-2003, 01:18 PM
they come in chapter 4. what part of chapter 2 are you in? if you need help, just ask me.

Daenerys
10-17-2003, 06:14 PM
They had kidnapped Alma, I think I'm at the part where I'm going to rescue her.

If I need help I'll come back and ask for some. It's pretty easy though, if you lose in a battle just level up and try a different strategy. I love strategy games!

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-17-2003, 07:16 PM
If you wait long enough, your yellow chocobo will give birth to red and purple chocobos...

Daenerys
10-18-2003, 01:47 AM
I have a purple chocobo, will it eventually give birth to a red one?

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-18-2003, 01:16 PM
It’s a random chance-based thing. Monsters of a type give birth to similar monsters... so if you wait long enough, yes.

Daenerys
10-18-2003, 01:51 PM
Actually, I didn't have to wait long, it was like, not even one battle latter, and I got four freaking chocobos. The things mutate like woah!

Cloud Strife
10-18-2003, 04:38 PM
i think you're able to get your red ones at chapter 3. im not sure though. not positive.

Jimbo
10-19-2003, 01:06 AM
I just made Ramza into a Monk/Ninja. If you want to be cheap like me I just have the team of all the main characters. Orlandu/T.G Cid, Beowulf(His status effects VERY helpful), Agrias, and Cloud. I also had a Guy named Dog, and I just made him my Mime/Bard. This post probably won't help you, heh I haven't played the game in a LONG TIME. I think it's been seven years since I've played it.

Off topic here, I've played/beaten FFT:Advance, it's not as good as the original but lives up to the legacy. I just wish there were more jobs, but the five races made up for it. When you're done with FFT and have a perfect file, All secret Characters/beaten the game/all side quests including Deep Dungeon/ All Jobs Mastered/ just eaten the game from the inside out, I highly suggest you buy it.

Daenerys
10-19-2003, 01:16 AM
Talking about FFT:A, isn't offtopic, it's still final fantasy tactics.

Even if the game does suck.

But using all the main characters is useless, because some of them are REALLY crappy, and after awhile, Agrias can't defeat stronger monsters and she dies quickly.

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-19-2003, 01:26 PM
Agrias does suck. But Later You get Orlandu, who has all of her moves, all of the moves of Gafgarion, and all the moves of Meliadoul, making him the Coolest character in the Game (Besides maybe Beowulf) Honestly, Once you get Orlandu, the game becomes Stupid Easy.

Any way, half the main characters are cool, half are lame.

I have a party like this in the 1st half
Ramza- Ninja/Squire
- Priest/Oracle or Priest/Time Mage
- Wizard/Summoner
- Ninja/Samurai
- Monk/Geomancer

Darn, talking about FF:T has made me wanna go play it...

Daenerys
10-19-2003, 01:31 PM
Haha, I know.

I believe my group is something like this.

Ramza - Mediator
Roland - Monk - Training to be a Samurai
Rampart - I can't remember
Agrias Oaks - Holy Knight
Bobby - Archer
Lavian - Knight

Damn, I need to re look that. I rarely use Lavian, I'm slowly training her to be a ninja. :D

I just changed all my job classes almost a while ago.

I just got Bard for Ramza.

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-19-2003, 01:53 PM
Uggh. Bards are the pits. The only good part about them Move +3 and Fly.

I suggest you get Ramza either Blade Grasp (Samurai list) or Sunken State (Ninja List). They both help his surviability a lot. I always die in the two battles where Ramzas on his own unless I have Sunken State. And Blade Grasp Makes him almost impossible to hit with Melee Attacks :D

Daenerys
10-19-2003, 02:23 PM
That's the only reason why I'm using a bard :D

What chapters are the two battles where he's alone are in?

Because the only battles like that, that I've had so far, the rest of my group joins me pretty soon.

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-19-2003, 02:41 PM
Um, near the end of chapter 2, and sometime in chapter 3.
The First one your not "really" alone, just separated from your party, in a castle, fighting Gafgarion by yourself. The Second time, you most definitely are alone, for the first part. Still both Suck.

Daenerys
10-19-2003, 02:43 PM
Yeah, I've had that first one already.

Thanks for giving me the heads up, I'll work on leveling him up.

/Aifa|
10-19-2003, 10:44 PM
I reckon Monks are the strongest. Which other job lets you deal 972 damage for no apparent reason? Clouds limit techniques are pretty cool if you have the patience to train him up. Orlandu kinda makes Agrais useless but i kept Agrais anyway.

My team was Ramza, Cloud, Reis, Beowulf, Orlandu, Agrais.

i didnt like how this game finished. the last battle seemed like any other battle.

Daenerys
10-19-2003, 10:51 PM
Monks take alot of time to level them up, to make them that strong. In the begining, they are pretty much useless.

/Aifa|
10-20-2003, 02:10 AM
Yeah, i actually never trained that much, i was meant to be doing 300- 400 damage but i got 972 for some reason.

Has anyone tried the calculator job? I got the job but i never used it.

Cloud Strife
10-20-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Aifa@Oct 19 2003, 10:39 PM
I reckon Monks are the strongest. Which other job lets you deal 972 damage for no apparent reason? Clouds limit techniques are pretty cool if you have the patience to train him up. Orlandu kinda makes Agrais useless but i kept Agrais anyway.

My team was Ramza, Cloud, Reis, Beowulf, Orlandu, Agrais.

i didnt like how this game finished. the last battle seemed like any other battle.
i had the same team.

ramza, beowulf, cloud, agrias and orlandu. here were my jobs for them

ramza : mime
beowulf : ninja
agrias : samurai
cloud : soldier (maxed out limit breaks) (my favorite fftactics character)
orlandu: holy swordsman

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-20-2003, 12:10 PM
Well, Calcuclators aren't all that cool, hitting the targets you want with Calc is a pain.

Yah, Monks are good. Even If they didn't rule at the art of butt-kick, they would still be alright because of Chakara (Sp?).

I've started playing again. Decided I'm gonna beat the game w/o using any special characters.

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-22-2003, 02:26 PM
I have a fun Combon for ya'll to try out...

Class: Knight
Act: Battle Skill
Act: Charge
React: Counter Flood, or Regenerator, or Sunken State
Supp: Equip Gun
Move: Teleport or Move +3

High Brave/Low Faith

You just sit back, and use battle skill on anything that moves...

spider-man-old
10-22-2003, 05:33 PM
it's not the best game ever but it's fun. I like the fact that it's very expansive. You can just keep playing and playing and playing and playing and playing and playing and playing and playing an--

But I liked advanced better.

PS: You will never see Cody type this good again.

Cessone
10-27-2003, 08:57 PM
i liked lancer. u could just jump and not get attacked then kill a lot of things in 1 hit, land and do it again. the monk/samurai is a good combo too.

Behindthesmile
10-28-2003, 06:09 PM
i cant seem to find my game and i was planning to post what i had....

anyways i got through the game pretty fast.... heres why i had from memory

the most valuable skills for me was the equip 2 swords which you can learn from being a ninja, counter (a must have i think you can get this from the monk class) or auto-potion

Ramza-samurai with the equip 2 swords + counter
Agrias- knight equipped with 2 swords + auto potion
Orlandu- i forgot what skills i gave him + counter
Ninja- i forgot the name but i had another ninja in the party equiped with auto potion
Mustadio- chemist with (i dont remember if i also gave him the 2 swords skill so he can use 2 guns) + counter

and oh yeah they all have movement +2 from the theif class

anyways i'll post the details once i found my game... also *hint* if your facing a boss character try stealing their weapons and armor

Daenerys
10-28-2003, 06:52 PM
Would you have to be a samurai to get the two swords abillity? Like for Agrias, per example.

Behindthesmile
10-29-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Princess Ai@Oct 28 2003, 07:47 PM
Would you have to be a samurai to get the two swords abillity? Like for Agrias, per example.
no you dont have to... the two swords ability is an ability you can learn while being a ninja. I did the minimum requirements to make Agrias a ninja earned enough JP to learn 2 swords then switched her again to knight . you can use the skill on any class i.e. monk + equip two swords or theif + equip 2 swords... it helps your character to weild 2 single handed weapons on most classes depending on the class.... it wouldnt work if your equipping them with 2 handed weapons so its pretty usless to add it to the dragoon class. i just decided to make ramza a samurai bec. when buying samurai swords they tend to be more powerful compared to regular swords that can be bought. besides I gave the best knight swords to Agrias... it makes her survivabilty better and if you add it with counter * grinz*.

Cessone
10-29-2003, 07:04 PM
wow thats good strategy... i kinda rushed thru the game the first time so my team is amazing but still strong. ive started up again and i think ill use some of what u said.

Phantasydrummer
03-06-2004, 02:51 AM
all right time for thr ff master to kick in
my team is ramza, orlandu, beowulf, agrias, and mustadio
go to END (the last level of the deep dungeon) and get the chaos blade
ramza should knoe the two swords ability
duplicate the weapon and give it everyone but mustadio
mustadio needs the blast gun
ramza will do 720 to 820 damage per hit so the total damage is about 1500
everyones else attack will also rise up and they will have auto regen
teach mustadio everything a chemist needs to learn and use him a a sharpshooter
if he has a blast gun the gun barely misses
trust me i have the most in destructable team
B) B) B)

dragoninja
07-21-2004, 11:38 AM
I love the game. One of the best ever made. I never came across a beowolf though. Maybe im just stupid. :wacko:
I used the geomancers ability to increace my attack power and the ninjas ability to use two weapons. I liked to use the thiefs steal ability and take the weapons of all the boses you fight. Gafgarion has a blood sword. Everytime you deal damage you gain that much life. It takes life from you though on the skelitions and ghouls. I forgot what his name was but that vampire has some sweet samurai armor also. I havent played it in awhile. Maybe ill dig it out of the closset and bring back some old memories.

Rem
07-21-2004, 05:40 PM
i remember i beat the game with
2-monks
1-summoner
1-white mage
the robot
one of the few games that i have nothing bad to say about it it probably is the deepest game ever

Matty
07-22-2004, 01:35 PM
I beat the game too easy..... the final battle was weaker then a regular battle. I also made the mistake of saving just before the battle, so I'm stuck there. But the best characters I found were the chocobos.

dragoninja
07-23-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Matty@Jul 22 2004, 02:35 PM
I beat the game too easy..... the final battle was weaker then a regular battle. I also made the mistake of saving just before the battle, so I'm stuck there. But the best characters I found were the chocobos.
yeah ... all you have to do is fight the monsters from the world map and level up your party and all the bosses you face are super easy

but i still think its one of the best games for the psx

Rip ya a new one
07-29-2004, 02:33 AM
You should use later on.....
Ramza-Squire(His squire gains the ability to use armour and knight swords after chapter 4.
Orlandu-Holy Knight or whaterever his first job is with Monk techs
Beowulf-Normal Class
Cloud-Soldier with time mage techs.(Always have materia blade on.)
And the Robot dude(strong but really slow) or the Dragoon lady(????).
All with the two swords tech.....
If you want to use the weapons cheat you can and get a bunch of Excaliburs and Chaos Blades.
Use one of each because Excalibur has auto haste even though the Chaos blade is stronger.

Vincent
07-29-2004, 06:17 AM
I'm okay with the chocobo's,but those stupid one eyed bat things are annoying.

dragoninja
07-29-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Rip ya a new one@Jul 29 2004, 03:33 AM
Beowulf-Normal Class
Cloud-Soldier with time mage techs.(Always have materia blade on.)
And the Robot dude(strong but really slow) or the Dragoon lady(????).

who are you talking about :huh:

iv played the game manny times and never herd of Beowulf, Cloud, or a robot dude! are there certain requirements that i missed? what the ....

Rip ya a new one
07-29-2004, 09:40 PM
Yes you have missed a few things. They're all on basically on the same quest.
It's too long for me too post....

Sumi Wings
07-29-2004, 10:12 PM
who are you talking aboutÂ*

iv played the game manny times and never herd of Beowulf, Cloud, or a robot dude! are there certain requirements that i missed? what the ....
It's true and there's a series of things you have to do to get these characters. You should check an online game guide. Very helpful and Cloud is a great character to have. You even get to see Aries in the series of scenes that you have to go through to get Cloud.

The Black Swordsman Guts
07-30-2004, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by dragoninja@Jul 29 2004, 12:06 PM
who are you talking about :huh:

just go to www.gamefaqs.com it will tell you hot to get those characters it would be nice if delita would stay in ramza's party

dragoninja
07-31-2004, 07:57 PM
thankyou ... ill check out that website and see whats up ;)

Sinjoda
10-10-2004, 11:56 AM
Get Cloud on your team and then some chocobo knight and you will be to good

Daenerys
10-12-2004, 02:07 PM
Man, I'm surprised this thread's still here.

But yeah, I heard they're coming out with another tactics for gamecube, anyone hear anything on this or is it just a rumor?

Annik
10-12-2004, 06:38 PM
Oh God. Not Cloud.

See, first, you have to level him up - to do that, he has to fight and stay alive. It takes quite a while, believe me, seeing as how the monsters level up with you [one of the many reasons I adored that game... too bad my copy is all but destroyed.... -angst-] they are pretty tough pieces of work.

Plus, Cloud's spells take FOR-EV-ER to cast. By the time he unleashed 'em, they were long gone!

dragoninja
10-14-2004, 06:45 AM
why the hell does Cloud start at level 1 :mad:

its like Cloud is the weakest player in the game and hes the first one to die in every battle

Annik
10-14-2004, 07:40 AM
Indeed - especially when you're a moron and you level up insanely before going anywhere, like I do.

I remember in the first chapter, I was forced to move on because I leveled up too high and the monsters were too strong since I didn't have stronger weaponry/armor to aid me. It was sort of funny, in a sad way.

I do think, however, that my favorite characters were Agrias, Orlandu [sp], Ramza [would you believe I thought this boy was a girl the first time around? I named him Kassilla] and then Cloud, but purely for obsessive purposes only. :]

I still have yet to get through Deep Dungeon. .-.

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-14-2004, 10:44 PM
Orlandu is still REALLY cheap.

The only character cheaper is what-his-face the astronomer.

He's awe-inspiringly cheap.

Cless Alvein
10-14-2004, 11:18 PM
Orlandu is still REALLY cheap.

The only character cheaper is what-his-face the astronomer.

He's awe-inspiringly cheap.
Olan Durai. And I don't know, Galaxy stop wasn't THAT useful. Plus, he was
only a guest for one battle.

Cloud isn't really that good either. His Limit breaks are useless unless you
build him completely around speeding him up, and then you lose a lot of
power. And he doesn't get very strong from levels, either.

But yes, using Orlandu is just plain cheating.

Schneedrache
10-16-2004, 03:18 PM
Tactics Advance started to have some semblence of multiplayer but they really need to make one for ps2 that allows you to play online against people. I must be the only one that enjoys multiplayer rpgs cause you don't see many of them :(

Suzuna
10-16-2004, 03:22 PM
Ahh, FFT.. the game I bought soley for the FFVII reference. I did end up liking it, much to my surprise. I totally agree that Delita should have stayed in the party. Or even better, they should have made the game about him. Ramza's a wimp! Barring Delita/Cloud, my favorite character was probably Agrias. And while Orlandu is cheap, he saves time for those of us that hate to level. :badrazz:

Schneedrache
10-16-2004, 03:35 PM
Agrias was the one you wish ramza was as cool as. Ramza's base skills made me cry except for the one that raised speed, cause you could get a person to like 50 speed, have them raise their str i think it was with the squire ability and massively gain job points in a battle. Just keep one monster alive by shooting his legs out every round.

Annik
10-16-2004, 09:14 PM
Suzuna, I am falling in love with you. :]

Delita was awesome. I played through it recently [half a year ago recently] and realized 'ohmygoddelitaissofreakingawesome!' whilst playing.

:]

I HATED that one Alfred-ish guy. I forgot his name, but he died near the beginning and he reminded me of a fungus.

Cless Alvein
10-16-2004, 09:24 PM
Suzuna, I am falling in love with you. :]

Delita was awesome. I played through it recently [half a year ago recently] and realized 'ohmygoddelitaissofreakingawesome!' whilst playing.

:]

I HATED that one Alfred-ish guy. I forgot his name, but he died near the beginning and he reminded me of a fungus.
Algus. *growls* I always let Delita get the killing blow on him,
for what he did to Teta...

Annik
10-16-2004, 09:39 PM
Yes. That boy put the 'tard in REtard.

What a cruel, ARROGANT chit.

I like toying with him, personally. Healing him, then almost killing him. Quite relaxing. :]

Schneedrache
10-17-2004, 03:28 AM
Yeah but that part of the game was kinda the best part, when there were generic classes like knights and archers and stuff that were fun to kill. Made it seem more like a war than when you got all the mages involved and insanely hard bosses and such.

Orca
12-03-2004, 09:03 PM
tactus is hard i got all my people from wen i wAS in the past :( but sadly i cant beat wegrief wen he turns to a demon

Orca
12-03-2004, 09:11 PM
i like mustadio none of my fav players were killed lik m lancer ,agries mustadio and my summoner i havnt really gotton 2 ah u get cloud im stuck on weigref he kills me 2 fast:( how did u kill him