PDA

View Full Version : [Movie] Appleseed - Ex Machina

gd0929918
09-18-2008, 12:25 PM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q245/Zephyr6831/appleseed2.jpg

Type: movie
Genre: action, sci/fi, military, romance (kinda, but not really)
Prequel: Appleseed

Plot synopsis
Year 2135. Following World War Three, which was a non-nuclear war that killed half the world's population, the city-nation of Olympus stands as a beacon of hope in a world of chaos and conflict. The utopian metropolis is governed by Gaia, a vast artificial intelligence, and administered by genetically engineered humanoids known as bioroid, whose designer DNA suppresses strong emotions. With bioroids being half of its population, peace and order are easily maintained.
However, a new technology is introduced which makes everybody's life a whole lot easier. This new technology, however, will soon become their downfall.

Story (8/10):
I know it's all supposed to be symbolism for real life events, but even the overall story is awesome. I can't really talk about it a whole lot, or I may end up spoiling it.

Characters (8/10)
The character designs and personalities are wonderfully created in this movie. Being a sequel of the first one, you get to see some more advancement in the main characters' relationship.

Art/animation (10/10)
OMG, holy crap (pardon my french). I got the 1080p version, and it is soo beautiful. Everything is just amazing. all the environment detail, the animation, the texturing, it's so awesome!
i HIGHLY recommend getting at LEAST the 720p version. 1080i (aka 540p) or standard dvd just wont do it justice AT ALL.

Voice acting, music (9/10)
the dubbed version is terrible, get the subbed version.
and the music was awesome. what do you expect from a japanese version of a summer blockbuster mega-hit?

Overall (9/10)
The only reason i'm giving this a 9/10 is because the first one's story was a little more solid.
Ex Machina does every thing else a million times better.