PDA

View Full Version : [Manga] Toradora!

gd0929918
09-17-2008, 08:22 PM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q245/Zephyr6831/largeAnimePaperscans_Toradora-_will.jpg

Type: manga - 2 volumes so far (it's also an 8 volume light-novel, but I can only find the first one translated so far)
Genre: Romance, Comedy

Plot synopsis
Meet Ryuuji Takasu, the male protagonist. He's a nice guy, but he always looks like he's about to fight a dragon, he's that scary. He's got a good friend named Kitamura.
Meet Taiga, the miniature female protagonist. She's always angry at everybody, and if you cross paths with her, she'll probably tear you apart. She's got a good friend named Minori.
Ryuuji likes Minori, and Taiga likes Kitamura, and by some weird twist of fate, Taiga and Ryuuji end up as friends helping eachother out towards getting a date. However, since they spend so much time together now, rumors start floating around about the two of them dating, putting a hinderance on anything that could happen between their unrequited lovers.

Story (10/10)
As I said before, it's a manga adaptation of a light-novel series, but I've only read the manga so far. IT'S AMAZING!
If you're a fan of Shakugan no Shana, you'll probably like this. Taiga reminds me so much of Shana, except she isn't a Flame-sword weilding dimension-crossing magical fighter.

Characters (10/10)
Taiga and Ryuuji make an awesome team. I love it so much.

Art/animation (9/10)
The art is amazing. there's only a couple times where the anger lines emanating from Taiga are a little over-exaggerated, hence the 9/10.

Overall (10/10)
Since there's only like 14 chapters released so far of the manga, I can't really hold judgement on how the rest will turn out. But if it keeps up in the same fashion as it is, this could be a really awesome manga. I'm so glad I picked it up when I did, as it makes me look forward to when the next chapter will be released.