PDA

View Full Version : [TV Series] Myself; Yourself

gd0929918
09-17-2008, 06:17 PM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q245/Zephyr6831/myselfyourself.jpg

Type: TV series - 13 episodes.
Genre: Romance, Drama, Comedy (a little bit)

Plot synopsis
Sana Hikada returns to his hometown after 5 years away living in Tokyo. Although there are some changes to the town, most has remained the same. On a detour to his apartments, he notices a girl in a shrine maiden outfit watching him when he visits the shrine. He finds out, the next day at school, that this girl is actually Nanaka Yatsushiro, his old childhood friend whom he gave a bracelet to before he left, that she still wears, even to this day.

Story (7/10)
The overall story is nothing exceptionally amazing... Sana comes back from Tokyo after 5 years to attend highschool and hangs out with his old friends, while trying to win the heart of one of them in particular. Also, I didn't really like the last 2 episodes a whole lot...

Characters (8/10)
I feel that 13 episodes simply wasn't enough time to do full character arcs for each one. Each character should have had at least 5 episodes during their arc, instead of beginning and wrapping one up in one and a half, sometimes 2. There was just too much story to get across in that time, and even now I'm still confused about a couple of things that weren't fully explained.

Art/animation (8/10)
Nothing that'll blow your eyes out of the sockets, but at the same time it was done really well. Can't say a whole lot about it, since it seemed like the typical generic romance art style.
There were some really good "camera" angles/movements though.

Voice acting, music (7/10)
Most of the time the voice acting was really good... but there were some times where i thought the actor wasn't putting in enough effort to match what was on screen (mostly with Hoshino-san)

Overall (7/10)
Should have been at least 24 episodes long in my opinion. There was just too much stuff to go over in not enough time. However, it was a really good romance show, even though the ending kinda killed it for me.

Explorer Oak
04-27-2012, 10:01 PM
Everything is a 7/10 except for story. Story is 8/10, realy good string of events leading up to a satisfying end ( for the most part ) haha, what can you do? It's an anime.