PDA

View Full Version : Michael Angelo Batio...anyone...?

Hamashimura
09-17-2008, 02:38 PM
I quite doubt that many of you know about him,but I decided to post this anyway,to see if there are actually some opinions on him...
========================
=====================
Anyhow,he is american guitarist and columnist from Chicago,and is acknowledged throughout the world as one of the fastest guitarist in whole world,and was voted for the No.1 Shredder of all time,during the year 2003,by Guitar One magazine...
Ok now,I know what you think by reading that *omigod,another one who uses let's-play-faster-and-faster-while-playing-some-random-notes technique* ...
If you think that,you are wrong,I asure you...
He was also listed as one of the "Top 100 Greatest Metal Guitarists of All Time" by Guitar World Magazine, whom he writes the column Time to BurnTotal Guitar Magazine, both in April 2008...

He has vast of musical experience and knowledge,for it is known that he started playing while being only 5 years old,and he started with a piano...
He moved on to guitar about 5 years after,and by today,he's playing guitar...
While being 14 years old,he was playing jazz music,and with only 16 year he won an award for outstanding jazz musician for that time..

He used the idea of Satriani's invention,known as Sock Dampener,and created his own String Dampener...He started his guitar season while having 19 years,and was doing music for TV shows,radio,even films...

=====================
===================
Double Guitar:
He is able to play double-guitar using both neck at exact same time,producing different melodies,and beside that he mastered the Over-Under technique,involving flipping hand over and under the neck,playing the guitar regularly,and like a piano...

Double guitar is his own invention,a V-shaped, twin-neck guitar which can be played both right- and left-handed.The first version of this instrument was actually two separate guitars simply played together, as opposed to being one entity.
The next version of the guitar,as designed by Batio and guitar technician Kenny Breit,featured a flight case latch attached to the back of each guitar,which could reportedly be assembled in five seconds.In October 2003, Dean designed and built the "Mach 7 Jet", and on March 6,2007,the newest version was delivered to Batio. The original Double went on display at the Chicago Hard Rock Caffe 'wall of fame' before it was relocated to a in HRC,Egypt. Its whereabouts are currently unknown...
Hoho,I'd sure love one of those...
==================
======================
Quad guitar:
As well as the Double Guitar, Michael Angelo also invented and designed the Quad Guitar.The guitar was originally built in conjunction with Gibson,and built by Wayne Charvel in California.The top two guitars have seven strings, while the bottom two have the regular six. The first Quad, as used in the video for Nitro's "Freight Train", was stolen in Texas,after the second show of Nitro's O.F.R. tour. When Batio was performing in November 2004, a young fan named Simon Jones and his father turned up with a guitar case which held inside the two top guitars of the Quad, as found by Mick Seymour. Dean designed and built a new Quad Guitar in 2007.
The Quad Guitar was recently named as the 2nd "coolest guitar in rock" by online music magazine Gigwise...

================
================

Michael practically has perfected every ''Shred Metal'' technique known to man, which includes immaculately accurate speed/alternate picking at breakneck speed, sweep picking/Arpeggio picking, cross-string tapping and many more. He always wanted to be different than other guitarists,and he managed in that desire,earning my respect...
Even tho he can play at mind-breaking speed which many dislike,his melodies are always pleasant to listen,and combined with slower notes gives an absolute beauty...
He's not called one of guitar god's in vain after all...

==================
=====================
CREDITS:
~ My own knowledge
~ Wikipedia (for informations about his guitars)
=====================
==================
So...phew,*cleans the sweat from the forehead*,now that's some big piece of a text...
Now,I'm interested if this thread is created in vain,lol...
I highly doubt someone will answer,hehe...Oh well..
Anyhow,anyone knows this person...?
If you do,what are your opinions on him...?