PDA

View Full Version : Clamp Manga....Like or Dislike

Anime Forum
09-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Everyone knows Clamp Manga right, with XXX Holic and Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. Their is plenty more but those are a few basic examples.

Anyways, from the clamp manga answer these 3 questions.

:closedeyeLike or Dislike Clamp Manga

:closedeyeFavorite Clamp Based Show

:closedeyeFavorite Character from a Clamp Manga

My mistake..Sorry for the double thread, my computer messed up D= you can delete this thread when u see it e.e sorry

teed
09-15-2008, 05:31 PM
As you can see in my usertitle, I'm a CLAMP fan. I love their work and art style. You can say they're my favourite manga artists. Manga I'm currently reading by them: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, XxxHolic, and Kobato. I love them. I loved Cardcaptor Sakura. I didn't like Chobits and Clover that much. That's all I read by them. I should check out their other works when I get free time.
My favourite manga not only by CLAMP, but overall is Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. I'm in love with it. I just hate how they keep making things complicated and make me feel lost. >_<
And favourite character is Syaoran of course. He's just that cool...

blueangel06661
09-15-2008, 05:52 PM
Clamp is one of my favorite manga artist.

My favorite series are CCS & Tsubasa.

Sakura is just so ADORABLE!!! If you go into my room you will see that
-cough-

teed
09-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Clamp is one of my favorite mangas.

Clamp is not a manga. o.o

blueangel06661
09-15-2008, 06:25 PM
Okay I edited it. Make more sense? heh sorry. But hopefully you know what I mean now.

Plus there is a manga/Anime by them called "Clamp School Detectives"

Cotaku
09-15-2008, 09:46 PM
Sakura is just so ADORABLE!!! If you go into my room you will see that

-cough-

I agree. Sakura is too cute! ♥
*LeGasp* I want a Sakura room! D:

1. I LOVE CLAMP! *SQUEE*
2. I really don't watch much anime so I can't tell you that. So far...I guess it would be CCS.
3. Sakura Kinomoto CCS

jtdlives
09-15-2008, 09:52 PM
1st I like clamp

2nd code geass

3rd tsubasa

jnLL
09-16-2008, 07:11 AM
i really loved tsubasa reservoir chronicles,
as well as magic knight rayearth, though it's a bit old...
characters?sakura kinomoto ! she's just so cute:]]
and the 3 girls in rayearth: hikaru, umi, and fu:]]

The Nightingale
09-16-2008, 07:45 AM
I like it =]

RG Veda is my favorite Manga

I can't remember characters...but I know I liked the main little boy ...ASHA! I think haha

emotionless_teenage
09-16-2008, 07:57 AM
yeah i love clamp
mai favorite manga is ccs and chobits
mai favorite character is hideki motosuwa(an anime representation of..............me) and chii(chii is really charming,and innocent)

destinysfinal
09-16-2008, 04:09 PM
i luv their characters....Syaoran is way cool and Sakura is way cute!
They were made for each other (literally)

CCS, Tsubasa, xxxholic are amazing..

you know the characters of Code Geass are created by Clamp too....

theyre awesome!!!!

.Lovebeat
09-16-2008, 04:24 PM
I love CLAMP's works, although I've not read all of them, I can tell what's CLAMP and what's not, which I think a lot of people do. CLAMP is so recognizable and the art is just wonderful. <3

Favourite CLAMP based shows of mine are Code Geass and Chobits. I haven't seen a lot of CLAMP animes so my list is short.

My favourite CLAMP characters are Chii, Fye (Fay? Faye?), Lelouch, C.C. and Yūko. EDIT: AND KAMUI <33

rikumi
09-17-2008, 01:37 AM
Of all CLAMP works, I like Code Geass the most >w<~<33
2nd up is Tsubasa Chronicles and XXXHolic.
They're pretty famous for their teamwork - so, yeah.

Gjallarhorn
09-17-2008, 02:39 AM
Of all CLAMP works, I like Code Geass the most >w<~<33
2nd up is Tsubasa Chronicles and XXXHolic.
They're pretty famous for their teamwork - so, yeah.

CLAMP didn't do Code Geass. They just did the character designs, that's all.

Buruku
09-17-2008, 02:54 AM
Clamp made Magic Knight Rayearth, which I love.

They also made Chobits, which sucks.

I think they've made more things that I enjoy than dislike. So <3 clamp.

Konata Izumi
09-17-2008, 05:58 AM
Kobato and XXXholic are pretty good. I adore CLAMP's art style I mean Code Geass's character designs are totally faaaaaaab. B)

Ridana
09-19-2008, 01:02 AM
I can't say that I'm a fan of what I've seen of CLAMPs art style.

I'm not going to say anything bad about it, it just doesn't suit my particular aesthetic tastes.

Baka
09-23-2008, 02:09 PM
I've never come across a Clamp title that wasn't good.

UCantTameMe
09-24-2008, 07:09 AM
Idk my first manga ever was a clamp manga but idk...... i dont realy like it

~*Starleaf*~
09-24-2008, 08:56 AM
Clamp tends to make their characters tall and designed in a nice way.

The character designs in Code Geass and xxxHolic, for example, are creative to me. I mean wow.. no one could be as tall as those characters.XD

Some of my favorites in Clamp are Tsubasa Chronicles, xxxHolic, and Code Geass.

Gjallarhorn
09-24-2008, 09:02 AM
CSome of my favorites in Clamp are Tsubasa Chronicles, xxxHolic, and Code Geass.

Again, Code Geass isn't a CLAMP story.

At any rate, no, I don't like CLAMP. I used to, back when they stuck with what they were good at. I think they started slipping with Chobits, and it's been all downhill from there. xxxHOLiC is such a moot story with no feeling in it, and TRC is an actual attempt to see how generically shounen they can be. I tried reading Kobato when that started, but it seemed unoriginal and stale, and I lost interest very quickly.

deemoelester
09-24-2008, 06:29 PM
:closedeyeDislike Clamp Manga. NOt saying that it is bad, it just never interested me much.

:closedeyeFavorite Clamp Based Show- None. I can't stand the way they draw people. sooo misproportionate.

:closedeyeFavorite Character from a Clamp Manga- The guys from Legal Drug. Too bad they have it on hold... since 2006... and have no sign of continuing... yeah. thanks.

~.~

and as for the Code Geass thing. its a collaborations between Clamp and Sunrise Inc. Clamp did Character design and ending illustrations (season two)

Tsubaki Yoshikara
09-24-2008, 08:50 PM
I like CLAMP, I mean usually the storylines and plots and the characters. But sometimes the characters are just too tall and too thin...my friend who doesn't like CLAMP calls them stick people =="

EDIT:My fav would be Tsubasa Chronicles >.< and CCS since they are almost the same.

Rem Nightfall
09-24-2008, 09:56 PM
I don't like Clamp, but I like Clamp. Some of their stories are okay. But I'm not a big fan of their art style. Most of the time its men with giant long legs and big upper bodies. Uh, hello that isn't what people look like.
And lately none of their stories have interested me.

My favorite Clamp work is Chobits, closely followed by Card Captor Sakura. I'm not a big fan of Tsubasa its like Clamp is trying to bring back the old stuff with a new story, stick to robot girls and cards please and violence like X 1999.

My favorite Clamp character is Kakyou Kazuki from X 1999, bad awesome see future in your dreams kind of guy.

Faito-chan
10-12-2008, 10:33 AM
I like Clamp very much ^^ They are my favourite :D I like their stories and the character designs too . They are so cute ^^
My favourite manga from Clamp is Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle.
My favourite character I think Shaoran or Kuro-chan from TRC ^_^

tophwoman
10-12-2008, 12:09 PM
I feel the same way about clamp as I do about the creater of vampire knight. That it is all right but I like lesser known manga's like the wallflower, Beauty is the beast, and rozen maiden better.

Amray The II
10-14-2008, 11:34 AM
I adore the art, stories, characters, genres and culture that Clamp put and use in their Mangas.

*Tsuki*
10-14-2008, 01:54 PM
CLAMP is good. ^^

Tsubasa is my favorite with Chobits following.
oh, and I like some of the others like XXX. Holic (i love how it switches into Tsubasa)and the Man of Many Faces. . . I like others by them as well but I can't really think of them. . .

Anyway, my favorite character is Fai because he is just . . . I don't know but I love him. and his backround is soooo sad!!! I also like Syaoran, but I like the clone better when he is using the soul of the real Syaoran . . . well, It's all really complicated and it's going to get more complicated. . . which is what i love.

procrastinator_zerokiryuu
10-20-2008, 10:20 PM
CLAMP's pretty good. I won't say that I'm an obsessed fan. Just a fan maybe... I do love their artwork even though the bodies aren't exactly in proportion... I mean, ever heard of art style? Though, the intricate designs and detailed costumes are very impressive.

Favorite anime/manga ever would be CCS. xxxHOLiC is also somewhat decent... but I prefer the Tsubasa manga over the anime'. It's like all the humor was sucked out of the anime... and the fillers were just, I dunno, out of place?

Favorite character... er, I have a lot. There's Yuuko Ichihara, Watanuki Kimihiro, Syaoran Li, Syaoran with the eyepatch (not the clone.), Sakura Kinomoto, Fay D. Flourite and Kurogane... and maybe Subaru from X/1999...