PDA

View Full Version : How many more Pokemon can they come up with?

Anime Forum
09-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Well as u may not know, I stopped watching Pokemon after the 5th season, well I seen episodes past that, but it has gotten very corny and unwatchable for me. That's not the point though.

How many more pokemon do you think they can come up with?

Also, if you want to come up with your own pokemon idea you can, just put the name and description.

Also how many more seasons of pokemon can they come up with.. Many may say that Dawn and Mai are cool and everything but Pokemon lost everything after Misty left the main show, I always thought it was about Ash and Misty, and them liking each other, I saw hints of that in a few episodes. The only thing that remains the same is the main point, which is to become a pokemon master.

Anyways, what does everyone think?

Amray The II
09-15-2008, 02:21 PM
More than enough. There is already bloody more than enough.

+Namiko+
09-15-2008, 02:25 PM
TOO MANY POKEMON! AAARG! I kinda liked Mai. DAWN SUCKS! Im liek, the only James fangirl EVER! But still, LET IT DIE, ITS LIKE FREAKIN' DIGIMON! STOP MAKING MORE SEASONS! Gawd, the diamond and pearl pokemon SUCK!
IDK if Manaphee and Lucario are Diamond and Pearl, but the movies got to me! MAI MOVIES! NO DAWN!

Anime Forum
09-15-2008, 02:30 PM
TOO MANY POKEMON! AAARG! I kinda liked Mai. DAWN SUCKS! Im liek, the only James fangirl EVER! But still, LET IT DIE, ITS LIKE FREAKIN' DIGIMON! STOP MAKING MORE SEASONS! Gawd, the diamond and pearl pokemon SUCK!
IDK if Manaphee and Lucario are Diamond and Pearl, but the movies got to me! MAI MOVIES! NO DAWN!

Yea Manaphee and Lucario are from that region of pokemon. Its just getting really annoying for me. See at first,

I used to say, woot the 4th season, woot the 5th season,

Then I said, a 6th season, maybe this will be cool, then I saw it and my jaw dropped a bit. Then it got worse when Dawn came

Dr. Hax
09-15-2008, 02:38 PM
How many more Pokemon can they come up with?

I think this calls for a meme....

"OVER 9000!!!!!!"

Seriously, this show is starting to become like Top Gun for the NES, a steaming pile of crap. The first two seasons were good enough for me and then I stopped.

Happi Giraffe!
09-15-2008, 02:39 PM
i just dont know why people wont give pokemon a rest. how many pokemon are there now, anyway? i lost track at 274.

i think they can come up with as many pokemon as they like, but they will all fail horribly and just give another reason why pokemon is not good anymore.

but they are gonna run out of names soon i think.

oh, and to be precise, there are currently 493 pokemon. i thought it would be more like 163,946. i guess i overexagerated. :/

Anime Forum
09-15-2008, 02:43 PM
i just dont know why people wont give pokemon a rest. how many pokemon are there now, anyway? i lost track at 274.

i think they can come up with as many pokemon as they like, but they will all fail horribly and just give another reason why pokemon is not good anymore.

but they are gonna run out of names soon i think.

oh, and to be precise, there are currently 493 pokemon. i thought it would be more like 163,946. i guess i overexagerated. :/

Hopefully they finally realize that its getting annoying with all these new pokemon, after the 3rd region, I forget the name, I gave up remembering the names of all the pokemon. Please!! Just end it already, after this 4th region.

Kawairashii hikari
09-15-2008, 04:17 PM
As many as they want to....

They've still been creative enough with it so far. And to HappiGiraffe22 I don't think they would run out of names. All they have to do is mix and match stupid words up together to get a name for a Pokemon.

xREIx
09-15-2008, 04:30 PM
well there are 548 pokemon so they can
possibly come up with more.. i think 700 is
the maximum amount they should go to. =/

~*Red*~
09-15-2008, 04:33 PM
I think they wouldn't want too many, since you might lose track of them all. Last time I checked, there was like 493 Pokemon in total.

Krista Logan
09-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Pretty soon they might add a bug and fighting type evolution for Eevee. They already added Glaceon and Leafeon. The last time I checked the pokedex for Gold and Silver was about 100-150? Or somewhere around there...

TheAsterisk!
09-15-2008, 05:13 PM
How many more pokemon do you think they can come up with?
As many as they can make a profit off of. While there's still a market, there will still be new Pokemon. I'm waiting (a decade or two) 'til they're really short on ideas and start letting you breed mutt and interspecies Pokemon.

Also, if you want to come up with your own pokemon idea you can, just put the name and description.
Why would anyone want to add more Pokemon? There are...what? Three hundred to four hundred critters already, right?

Also how many more seasons of pokemon can they come up with.. Many may say that Dawn and Mai are cool and everything but Pokemon lost everything after Misty left the main show, I always thought it was about Ash and Misty, and them liking each other, I saw hints of that in a few episodes. The only thing that remains the same is the main point, which is to become a pokemon master.
They will make it so long as there is a return on their investment. Profit drives all. It matters not how insipid the content actually is.

Anyways, what does everyone think?
The first game series was pretty good and you could do worse than the early episodes of the show, but it has all degenerated into profitable raw sewage.

Pretty soon they might add a bug and fighting type evolution for Eevee. They already added Glaceon and Leafeon. The last time I checked the pokedex for Gold and Silver was about 100-150? Or somewhere around there...
The first series (Red/Blue/Yellow) had 150, plus some lucky folks could conceivably win Mew from Nintedo. Gold/Silver added another 100, bringer the numbers to 250/251. I assume another 100 were added more recently, but don't really know. There may be more.
I'd hate to confront ~*Red*~'s 493 figure (see above), let alone xREIx's 548 (also above).

Diocletian
09-15-2008, 05:16 PM
They need a venomous pig.Piglent.

Sailor Mystery
09-15-2008, 06:23 PM
I think they take people suggestions of pokemon from fans and they have very imaginative minds. LOL but yeah it died when Misty left, I was angry and I stopped watching. I think they will come up with like 2 more seasons and after that I think it might end. It makes me so angry because they make it so cheesy now, gets me angry cuz its not the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheAsterisk!
09-15-2008, 06:30 PM
It's just as corny and cheesy now as it was when it started, excepting the one Team Rocket guy's tendency to be dressed as a woman when disguised. We all just grew up and realized how campy it was, that's all.
Ah, but the little ones haven't a clue how cheap it is yet! There is a market!

Diocletian
09-15-2008, 06:35 PM
It's just as corny and cheesy now as it was when it started, excepting the one Team Rocket guy's tendency to be dressed as a woman when disguised. We all just grew up and realized how campy it was, that's all.

You can't compare the amount of Team Rocket p0__ to Misty p0__.
Nothing else beat the what is Brock question.I say Klingon.

Anime Forum
09-15-2008, 06:44 PM

I disagree. It was way less corny in the first season, like all the gym leaders were way more..how can I say this, more serious. Not counting Blaine, he was always kinda..

Anyways, when they try to be serious in the other seasons, its failed serious...

Not saying the first season was not corny but.. We had Sabrina, which tried to turn our heroes into dolls.... Shurikans at ash from Koga, and team rocket was more serious to a point

genericusername2
09-15-2008, 08:27 PM
I hear for the next season they are adding Yoda as a legendary pokemon.

The Nightingale
09-15-2008, 08:28 PM
I seriously thought they'd run out years ago...but they are still going strong o.o....though I lost interest about half way through the series with May, haha =]
I predict very soon they will run out of idea's, they can't seriously come up with more o.o they like covered every type of animal and element that atleast I can think of. Nothing beats the original pokemon from teh first series though =]

I must say though...every episode seems the same to me, ash or dawn meet someone that either they challenge or get challenged (or contest or gym battle) then team rocket interfears in someway, ash saves the day then gets back to the battle and most likely wins...then makes friends with whoever -.- always the same.

Evockzi
09-15-2008, 09:27 PM
Thats like asking how many Licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsiepop, lol.

Its something no one will know o.o...

I quit watching Pokemon/ collecting cards or w/e for the most part after the first Season or first group of cards how ever many that was.

Cacodemon
09-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Pokemon is for stupid little kids. There's probably as many new fans of it as there are people that burn out completely. Diamond and Pearl was uninspired and mediocre compared to the original games. I've tried on the other forums to get people to realize that, but I always get flamed for it. The thing that will always destroy your liking for Pokemon is growing up, and that's a positive thing. Who cares about how many stupid PKMN there are?!? It's never gonna end!

Diocletian
09-16-2008, 05:43 PM
I hear for the next season they are adding Yoda as a legendary pokemon.

Jar-Jar would make an uber defense.

Sanosuke23
09-16-2008, 05:56 PM
Pokemon the anime has sucked since Orange Islands.

As for making more, I say there aren't enough. Well, lemme rephrase that: There are like seventy non-unique water-types and like five fire-types, and four of them suck. Then, we have Plusle and Minun.

PLUSLE. AND MINUN. If I never see those little birth defect Pikachu again it'll be too soon.

Diocletian
09-16-2008, 06:07 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/_someone_/POKEMANZ.png

We don't need gamefreak.People are doing sprites on their own.

Baka
09-16-2008, 07:02 PM
15 more.

Tomoyo01
09-17-2008, 01:51 PM
They won`t stop making new episodes, because people still buy everything they bring out, DVDs, games and whatever they can think of.
I don`t know what Pokemon is about now, I stopped watching it years ago, because all episodes were the same and I doubt it got better

drm0ney
09-17-2008, 02:06 PM
Seriously it should've ended a long time ago. ;.; team rocket has a new saying. >.> i get bored and watch it now and then for laughs.

Anime Forum
09-17-2008, 02:10 PM
Yea <.< how many sayings has team rocket had, 3 maybe. Team rocket used to be one of my favorites but now..

;)their not really..that entertaining, if at all.

Ridana
09-19-2008, 12:56 AM
How many more can they come up with? A whole heckuva lot. Really it's a rather preposterous question, and anyone who disagrees should get a copy of the PC game Spore and play around with the creature creator for a while, to see how long it takes them to run out of ideas. Once their own personal creativity is exhausted (assuming it does get exhausted) they can then look online to see how many millions of other creatures have been created by other people.

It's foolish to underestimate people's creativity.

Now whether or not new generations of players will still be interested in playing is another matter.

~*Starleaf*~
09-26-2008, 09:10 AM
Pokemon got overrated a long time ago, thats when things like Ash's voice, and adding about 100 more Pokemon.