PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives to Binding

Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki
09-14-2008, 07:55 PM
I swear to god if you can't be mature about this, I will report you.

I crossplay. I only crossplay. And of course, naturally, I face the same problem every time: I'm not a man. I've depended on binding for a while, and boy are the results sweet. For the price of comfort (considering I get terrible stomach aches), I can acheive a nearly flat chest. Unfortunately, all the cosplays I've done up till now have had loose shirts. Now I'm cosplaying as a character with a skin-tight top (in which I'll be using a leatard for).

So, binding would just end up looking bulky and lumpy. I can't wear a vest because they're expensive and still bulky. Are there any alternatives to getting a flat chest?

Diocletian
09-14-2008, 08:11 PM
You said no to tape, but that's a woman cosplayers best shot.A tight under shirt can make the diffrence.Just a little bit of tape of the chest to push down the cleavege/sp.That's what my cousin did for a play where she played a guy.

Gjallarhorn
09-15-2008, 10:23 AM
I'd suggest using normal binding, perhaps a bit tighter than usual, and throw on a sleeveless underarmor shirt over that. Then wear your cosplay over that. The binding will achieve the near flat chest, and the underarmor, provided you buy it in your size, should prevent any bulkiness, or at least make it seem more like a solid male chest.

09-15-2008, 08:31 PM
I'll have to experiment then. I'll continue using the bandages, and I'll get one of those athletic tank tops or something. I mean, I can't really think of anything else, and those sports bras don't seem to work. I'm just worried that I might get too barrel-chested, but we'll just have to see. Thanks a bunch.

The curses of crossplaying :/.

suzumi
09-16-2008, 02:49 AM
If you are willing to spend a bit of money on it, I would highly suggest getting a binder. Cause it's a lot safer than bandages or tape.

Here's a link just in case you're interested. ^^

http://www.t-kingdom.com/

*edit*

Oh, here's something that might work, and that is a lot cheaper than a binder.... Pantyhose. A friend of mine crossdresses and suggested this one to me.

You cut a hole in the place where the legs join for your head, and you put your arms into the legs (of course you cut them so your hands come out). And you pull the part that covers your stomach, down over your breasts.

It works pretty good, apparently. ^^

CroSsplay!
09-16-2008, 09:32 AM
The curses of crossplaying :/.

I really dont understand your curse becouse i crossplay the other way :p

But most of the girls i've spoken to have used tape >.> apparently its pretty uncomfortable

Celes Victoria
09-18-2008, 10:09 AM
I use fresh wrap. xDD

Use bandages and a tight top or something before you wear your costume.

~Yumiko-Chan~
09-18-2008, 05:48 PM
I have also had troubles when it came to binding. This year I went to Animazement in NC and cosplayed as L from Death Note. Yes, L wears a baggy shirt but when your a girl "areas" still show. So my friend tried to help me with binding and we could not find anything that worked. So I think discussing this would help ALOT of people...Including me -_- I think the panty hose idea sounds like giving a shot though...

Lavos
09-18-2008, 10:55 PM
Since this is a binding thread, would any one have advice for a guy? Advice that wouldn't cause damage?

Manhattan_Project_2000
09-18-2008, 11:06 PM
Since this is a binding thread, would any one have advice for a guy? Advice that wouldn't cause damage?

I imagine if you'd tuck it backward, you'd be fine. It works just fine for Angelina Jolie.

09-19-2008, 08:29 AM

Exactly what MP2K said. Just tuck it back. It might be a little uncomfortable, but if you're willing to make that sacrifice, then you should. I honestly wouldn't know how it felt, but I'd imagine the first couple of hours would be really awkward.

Again. Curse these women/men parts that restrict us.

OminousCloud
09-19-2008, 10:35 AM
Try wearing a normal t-shirt bra, the binding and a tight shirt. The effectiveness would depend on your bust size though. Or you could make your own corset type thing to flatten them instead of accentuate them.

Good luck!