PDA

View Full Version : One thing that pisses me off about animes..........

nickdj61789
09-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Well I dont know if its like this in original japanese animes (I dont know any Japanese yet. I currently watch dubs im tryna find a good pogram to learn japanese. The only subbed anime I ever watched was Young Gto which was awesome) But alot of these american dubs has these really childish feelin parts with kids screaming of how they will never quit and how blah blah blah. I mean i feel em and all dont quit but the way its done seems childish and almost hollywood. I see it in Naruto the most. (English dubbed of course)

Hamashimura
09-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Dunno...
It's not bothering that much,and I don't see it very often either...
Last time I saw it was in remake of NGE movie,You are not Alone,with Shinji's - I will not run away! I will not run away! I will not run away! - heh...
But yeah,it's only natural,especially for a fighting shows where main characters are children...
Fighting anime - I will never give up!I will defeat you,for sake of everyone *awakens ultimate holy super power that was hidden*
Slice of Life - I won't give up...I will pass the test,I must!!
And such...
Dunno,but I'm already used to that,so it's not bothering me...
And yes,it's like that in subbed ones too...

Souhi
09-10-2008, 02:48 PM
I mean i feel em and all dont quit but the way its done seems childish and almost hollywood. I see it in Naruto the most. (English dubbed of course)

Well they're marketing to a really younger audience to include toys and other merchandise thrown on the anime bandwagon. Naruto's a shonen anyway, so it's directed towards an elementary to junior high school group (not to say it's not universally popular).

That's just my take on Naruto. I can see where you're coming from though.