PDA

View Full Version : can someone teach me japanese??

eejaOtaku
09-04-2008, 10:02 PM
can someone please teach me japanese?! i've been trying to learn, but can't seem to know anything at all.. so please can someone help me?

Ertai87
09-05-2008, 11:07 AM
If you have specific questions, we'll help you, but it's too difficult to try to teach Japanese from scratch over the internet. Read some of the threads that are already here to get you started, or check out some of the resources in the stickies at the top of the page.

NinnaMoon
09-05-2008, 11:56 AM
All I know is the numbers well by heart really. *don't hate me professional Japanese speakers*

1 - "ichi" (e-chee)
2 - "ni" (knee)
3 - "san" (saan)
4 - "shi" (she)
5 - "go" (go)
6 - "loku" (Low- koo)
7 - "shichi" (she-chee)
8 - "hachi" (ha-chee)
9 - "kyu" (koo)
10 - "jyu" (jew)

Now the numbers ranging from 11 - 19 are pronouced with "jyu" infront of the ordered number. Like "11" would be said like "jyu-ichi" and "12" would be said like "jyu-ni" Understand? Good.

Now the tenth numbers like 20, 30, 40...etc. are pronouced with "jyu" after the ordered number. Like for instance, the number "20" will be said like this "ni-jyu" and the number "30" like this "shi-jyu" Understand? Great!

Now any number inbetween those like 21-29, 31-39, 41-49...etc... are prpnouced with its tenths name along with the corresponding number. For instance the number "21" will be said like this "ni-jyu-ichi" and the number "22" will be said like this "ni-jyu-ni" Understand? Awesome! All the numbers are said like this until you get to 100, 1000, and on an on... I believe "100" is "sen" so yeah, then you'll say for "101" "sen-ichi" and again for "111" it'll be "sen-jyu-ichi" and once again for the tenths, "120, 130, 140..." "sen-ni-jyu, sen-san-jyu, sen-shi-jyu..." and again I'm just guessing that's how the 100 number are said. hehe Hope you learned a little something!

Kesarion
09-05-2008, 01:30 PM
I could help you, I'm still learning too but we could help each other :)

I may have some books in pdf you can try

PM me if you want

Diocletian
09-05-2008, 08:05 PM
I can give you the first few hiraganas.
あ A い I う U え E お O

dabura667
09-13-2008, 01:47 AM
脳を交換しようか?w

I want to speak English, let's change brains!

Sickness
10-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Try my attachment, download a few of first episodes only. If you like it, try all.
I use uTorrent
Its old, but I think good enough.
Hajimemashite. Watashi wa -_- desu. Douzo yoroshiku.

Uta-chan~
10-07-2008, 02:13 AM
Ah! I know how to say I am cute!!

Watashi wa kawaii!!

Rinoa Iam
10-07-2008, 04:56 PM
I believe "100" is "sen" so yeah...

To Ninna: LOL, this is why something like this is so difficult, as Ertai pointed out. "100" is "hyaku", not "sen." "Sen" means 1,000--just so you don't get confused if people misinterpret your numbers. Also I'd rather not have other people get confused when they find out "sen" does not mean 100. :) (I'm not trying to be rude, but I just thought it needed to be clarified--the rest of your explanation was well done and pretty accurate, though, so good job!).

Back to the matter: It sounds like there are a lot of people on here ready to give you books and things to help you out, and I highly recommend you take whatever you can get. I started off on computer programs (I heard Rosetta Stone is actually pretty good), and I also used textbooks. My best recommendation, though, is to get enrolled in a formal class if you can. You need the speaking practice, trust me. But if you can't get enrolled in a class, get your hands on as much information as you can, whether that's with computer programs or textbooks. Practice, practice, practice, but I don't think trying to learn everything via here is a good idea (for instance, there is a whole other way to count to 10 AND there are alternate ways to say 4 and 7 [yon and nana]). Plus, most of us here are still students ourselves and so we can only "teach" so much. ;)

However, if you do want to drop by and practice anything you have learned, or have any specific questions, there are lots of people here who are ready and willing to help. :)

がんばってください!
Ganbatte kudasai! (Please do your best/Good luck!)