PDA

View Full Version : Needing Advice for Couple Cosplay

Neriah
09-02-2008, 09:56 PM
My boyfriend and I have been trying to think of different couples that we could cosplay for the conventions here in Dallas. Our last one we did was Talho and Holland from Eureka 7. (there's a picture if you're curious!)

Anywho, yeah! I need ideas for older couples people can think of from different games or animes. The only ones we can think of right now are Roy and Risa from FMA, Weda and Doctor Clyde from Hare and Guu, and Lulu and Wakka from FF10.
Does anyone have any ideas for us?

Lavos
09-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Welcome to the boards. Ever considered any of the characters in Hellsing?

Neriah
09-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Thanks! How'd you know I was new? XD Ohh, probably that panel on the left.

NOO, that's actually one anime that I've never gotten around to watching. I thought it looked kinda scary. o.o

Ωmega
09-02-2008, 10:22 PM
I would suggest Kayano and Takeru from Akuma de Sourou. Its simple to do, and theyre a cute couple =D

Neriah
09-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Is that a manga? I looked it up and I think it's english name is "The Devil Does Exist", does it have an anime or anything? I had another suggestion that sort of reminds me of that, Hatori and Kanna from Fruits Basket. The only thing about those kinds of characters is that I don't know how recognizable they'd be.

Ωmega
09-02-2008, 10:33 PM
As far as I know, yeah, its just a manga [and yes, thats the English translation of it].

If youre looking for something more popular, then perhaps something like Li and Sakura from CCS? Card Captor is pretty popular, and Im sure people will catch on if you wear one of her extravagant costumes

Neriah
09-02-2008, 10:37 PM
That's a really cute idea too! Unfortunately, Chris and I are kind of older anime-fans. We don't really look like we'd be able to pull off high school age characters anymore- not effectively anyway.
That does sound like fun though, I loved all of the different costumes in Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle. <33

Lavos
09-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Perhaps some One Piece characters?

Neriah
09-02-2008, 10:45 PM
We were thinking about doing One Piece characters; Chris has gotten much farther into the series than I have, aren't Nami and Zoro kinda sorta a couple? Are there any other couples from that series? I was looking through the bad guys, I thought that black haired girl with all of the arms had a male partner...

CroSsplay!
09-05-2008, 09:57 PM
I like the idea of Lulu and Wakka but maby a 'The World Ends With You' couple. Samurai Shamploo if you want to go all fudural era cosplay (my fav :p).

Leckaa
09-08-2008, 10:00 PM
What about evangelion? my boyfriend and i were going to go as ikari and rei, but the most popular cosplay at the convention i just went to was death note =/ and naruto... You should definetly watch hellsing tho, victoria and alucard would be an awesome couple cosplay. Idk if you'd find it scary tho, i didn't think it was bad XD
The only other "couple" ish things i can think of was fruitsbasket =/

LittleGirl
09-08-2008, 10:30 PM
...Maka and Soul from Soul Eater?
Although they're not exactly a couple, but they may as well be!

.Lovebeat
09-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Not teenage/high school couples:
Belldandy and Morisato Keiichi - Ah! My Goddess. Belldandy does have pretty fancy clothing, but she wears casual clothes too which should be recognized if you don't want to wear that Goddess dress.

Otherwise I think feudal anime would be pretty nice. Like Rurouni Kenshin.

Ωmega
09-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Mugen and Fuu would be cute =D

They arent exactly a couple per-say... but theyre cute together :3

SGI
09-10-2008, 12:29 AM
If you're feeling saucy there is Rem and Nana Osaki from 'Nana'. I think that would look great on you guys. Both in their earlier 20's so it should work rather well.

Maybe even Chirico and 'Fyana' from Votoms.

Monstuurrrr
10-22-2008, 09:00 PM
How about Cloud and Aeris? Or was it Cloud and Tifa? Damn, Cloud was quite the ladie's man. ;D

likhary
10-29-2008, 09:07 AM
Hatori and Kanna from Fruits Basket. The only thing about those kinds of characters is that I don't know how recognizable they'd be.

Tsubaki Yoshikara
11-04-2008, 07:45 AM
Psst...it was cloud and tifa from FFVII Advent Children. I believe you guys can fit the characters but your boyfriend might be a pretty muscular cloud.
I think the couple....omg...what was their name...from FFXII...okay...I forgot but though their costumes are pretty hard to do, I think it's worth a try. Go youtube and search WCS 2009 cosplay, I think it was rome or try searching for Romics 2008. The winning team representing italy/rome (I mixed up again...sorry...too many videos) used this. You might like to use that as reference ^^

It should turn out very well on you two ^^