PDA

View Full Version : Going to Cosplay Contest and am in need of a bit of help

raezor_metalquil
09-02-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm going to a Cosplay Contest as Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist and was wondering if anyone knew a way I could make some easy and cheap fake automail for my arm.

help would be appreciated
thanks

CroSsplay!
09-05-2008, 10:05 PM
first of all we need to recap one of the most important rules of (most) cosplay comps...

No metal what so ever (they will take it from you, i managed to get away with it thou :p )

thats rules out any intention of thin piping and metal cabels.
first question, i havent seen FMA in a year or so now but if i remember correctly he has a new and improved arm? (if im wrong theres no need to flame me) which of the arms are you intending to make?

The cheapest way to do this would be cardbord, valcro straps (to wrap around your arm) and the closest thing to metal (even though it is) alfoil.

White_Fang
09-21-2008, 07:19 AM
Something light and thin like cardboard or plastic sheets. To acheive the metal like effect you can glue on aluminium foil but make sure you use a ruler to smoothen out the creases else it'd look very weird. in my country anything is allowed in cosplay conventions though...

As for attaching the arm to yours, to that i have no idea. ._. I've never tried cosplaying edward. But hope i was of some help!

ai_frostbite
09-26-2008, 08:58 AM
couldnt you like use some aluminum foil or something?????

ninja_master
11-08-2008, 09:33 PM
As for attaching the arm to yours, to that i have no idea.if you use white fangs idea and attach some sort of fabric chords or something like that you can use a cat collar as a belt to hold it up on your arm.
FMA rocks my socks

Kawaii_lolitA
11-16-2008, 01:26 AM
Craft Foam for shizzle.
It's easy, cheap and works great for armour

purplekiwi101
12-13-2008, 08:13 PM
well, instead of putting foil for the metal color and sheen, i say you just get some chrome colored paint or something. It would look less like you made it on the kitchen floor woth moms roll of foil and more like actual metal. They have diffenet color paints that would work to...if your thinking of a darker, less platinum looking arm

tonn
01-02-2009, 08:05 AM
you can use rubber sheets (they often use than when cosplaying mechas) then paint it with a metal color