PDA

View Full Version : Who is your Fav English VA? Fav moment?

+Namiko+
09-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Who is your favorite english voice actor and what is your favorite outstanding VA moment? (where the VA or seiyu pulled off a miracle line)

My fav English VA's are Yuri Lowenthal (Sasuke and Suzaku from Code Geass) Liam O'Brian(Gaara and Various other people) Lulu's VA(code geass), don't know his name, and Kirby Morrow, (Miroku from InuYasha and Aikka from Oban Star Racers)

My favorite moment from a voice actor is Death Note Japanese version when Light's voice actor pulled off that amazing psychotic laugh admist that incredible nervous breakdown, that deserved an Emmy.

Mizuko Riko Imimoshi
09-01-2008, 06:52 PM
My favorite VA is Yuri Lowenthal too.
Didn't he play the voice of Ben from Ben 10: Alien Force?

+Namiko+
09-01-2008, 06:59 PM
OHMYGOD I THINK YOU'RE RIGHT HOLY CRAP

here's another unexpected one, the recent batman star Christian Bale plays Howl in Howls Moving Castle!

Amray The II
09-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Crispin Freeman is my favourite voice actor. He succeeded in doing Alucard's demonic laugh, performed an amazing English accent in Read or Die as Joker, and just generally sounds deep and posh. He was definitely my favourite english voice-actor.

Doom85
09-01-2008, 07:12 PM
Steven Jay Blum (Spike, Mugen, Zabuza, Orochimaru, Leeron)
Crispin Freeman (Itachi, Kyon, Holland, Karasu)
Liam O'Brien (Gaara)
David Lodge (Jiraiya, Kenpachi)
Wendee Lee (Faye, Haruhi, Suzuka, Tatsuki)
Michelle Ruff (Rukia, Yoko, Yuki Nagato)
Christopher Sabat (Vegeta, Piccolo, Armstrong, Zoro, Kuwabara)
Stephanie Sheh (Eureka, Hinata, Orihime, Mikuru, Mamimi)
Johnny Yong Bosch (Ichigo, Renton, Itsuki, Rossiu Aday)
Vic Mignogna (Edward Elric)
Kari Wahlgren (Haruko, Fuu, Anemone)
Kirk Thorton (Jin, Kisame, Matthieu)
Colleen Clinkenbeard (Luffy, Hawkeye)
Sonny Strait (Krillin, Hughes, Usopp)

Sorry, I love too many. :D

Favorite moments:

One Piece - Zoro's Tarzan yell (Sabat nailed it)
Light's "potato chip" moment (way over-dramatic, but that's Death Note for ya)
Fullmetal Alchemist - "That day, all female officers will be required to wear TINY MINISKIRTS!!!!!"
FLCL - "It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."
Outlaw Star - "A boy has the right to dream. There are endless possibilities stretched out before him. What awaits him down the path, he will then have to choose. The boy doesn't always know. At some point, the boy then becomes an adult, and learns what he was able to become. Joy and sadness forever will accompany this. He is confronted with a choice. When this happens, does he bid his past farewell in his heart? Once a boy becomes an adult, he can no longer go back to being a boy. The boy is now a man. Only one thing can be said. A boy has the right to dream. For those endless possibilities are stretched out before him. We must remember. All men were once boys."
Haruhi Suzumiya - "That's classified."

Diocletian
09-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Vic Mignogna?Really.I guess I'm the only guy who dislikes him.
I'm a huge Christopher Sabat fan, along with Lex Lang even though Chris owned Lex on the voices for Kuwabara.

As for Young Johnny Bosch...he can step outside for a bit until he can change his voice.

Doom85
09-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Vic Mignogna?Really.I guess I'm the only guy who dislikes him.

Keep in mind I've only seen him in FMA (and his surprisingly good dubbing of the One Piece themes), and pretty much everyone I know agrees he did a far better job as Ed than the seiyu (Ed shouldn't sound like a girl!).

Diocletian
09-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Keep in mind I've only seen him in FMA (and his surprisingly good dubbing of the One Piece themes), and pretty much everyone I know agrees he did a far better job as Ed than the seiyu (Ed shouldn't sound like a girl!).

Not at all.Ed was good.I've seen however:

The Wallflower
Yu Yu Hakusho
Tokyo Majin
And they dissapointed me because his voice cracked ALOT

Amray The II
09-01-2008, 07:30 PM

I actually prefered his original Japanese voice. The reason he was voiced by a woman was because at the start of the series he was 12 years old, and it is very hard for a grown man, with testicles and all, to make their voice go really high. I thought it was good how she voiced him, and even started to lower the tone towards the end of the series. Although Vic was amazing as Edward Elric too. He could naturally put on a childish style voice, which was good.

bebophitchhiker
09-01-2008, 07:50 PM
My favorite HAS to be Steven Blum. As you can probably tell by my name, I'm a HUGE Cowboy Bebop fan. As to the best moment, that's an easy one for me.

"Bang!"

The very last word in the series. Spike is coming down the stairs, stops, makes a gun with his hand, says "bang", and collapses. You can hear his last breath leave his body with that single word.

Kojack
09-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Brian Drummond: Vegeta, Ryuk
Crispin Freeman: Alucard, Hideki Motosuwa, Hector (Castlevania: Curse of Darkness)
Gilbert Gottfried: Dr Bender (Fairly Odd Parents), Iago (Aladdin)

Favourite moments:
"It's over 9000!" (Brian Drummond, Vegeta)
"Take a chip... and eat it!" (Brad Swaile, Light Yagami)

Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki
09-01-2008, 09:16 PM
As for Young Johnny Bosch...he can step outside for a bit until he can change his voice.

No no no. Don't diss Bosch, he's an incredibly talented man and one of my idols. Voice actors are chosen for the specifics of their voice. There for, they have a certain type(s) of characters that they play. Same with most actors. People choose Bosch because they think his laid-back and/or serious voice fits the character well.

Johnny Yong Bosch - Renton (Eureka Seven), Koizumi (Haruhi), Guy (Tales of the Abyss), Emil (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World), Saku (BECK), Kiba (Wolf's Rain), Ichigo (BLEACH), Claus (Last Exile), Vash (Trigun), and those are just the ones I can name off the top of my head.

Crispin Freeman - Regal (Tales of Symphonia), Alex (Last Exile), Tsume (Wolf's Rain), Hideki (Chobits), Kyon (Haruhi), Holland (Eureka Seven), Alucard (Hellsing), and Zelgadis (Slayers).

Wio
09-01-2008, 10:38 PM
Chris Sagat is the only one of which I know. My favorite moment with Vegeta was "Now that you are the only saiyan left, it is up to you to avenge our race!"

+Namiko+
09-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Gilbert Gottfried: Dr Bender (Fairly Odd Parents), Iago (Aladdin)

You forgot Technus from Danny Phantom... cough cough...don't ask me how i know that, but Grey DeLisle Kicked his but in and American cartoon!!!
she was:
Sam from Danny Phantom
Vicky from the Faitly Odd Parents
Mandy from the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

and coulntless other leads and many more extras, she was my fav before i started watching anime, now im sooo over it

"Take a chip... and eat it!" (Brad Swaile, Light Yagami)
haven't seen this yet, (the episode, i love death note), but everyone keeps talking about it, so, guess its good!

New one

Lights Seiyu: MATSUDA!!! DONT (badword) WITH MEEEE!!!!

Jiraya(naruto): I AM NOT A LITTLE PERVERT!...I'm a big one..

Christian Bale as Howl: This charm will assure your safe return.."
gave me tingles

godsofdeathluvapples13
09-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Hmmmm. My fav VA is Sauskes VA. He is the only one that can say Naruto and make me think of Sauske........ well thats innapropriate for this site, but you get the point. ;)

Diocletian
09-02-2008, 05:24 PM
No no no. Don't diss Bosch, he's an incredibly talented man and one of my idols. Voice actors are chosen for the specifics of their voice. There for, they have a certain type(s) of characters that they play. Same with most actors. People choose Bosch because they think his laid-back and/or serious voice fits the character well.

Johnny Yong Bosch - Renton (Eureka Seven), Koizumi (Haruhi), Guy (Tales of the Abyss), Emil (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World), Saku (BECK), Kiba (Wolf's Rain), Ichigo (BLEACH), Claus (Last Exile), Vash (Trigun), and those are just the ones I can name off the top of my head.

Crispin Freeman - Regal (Tales of Symphonia), Alex (Last Exile), Tsume (Wolf's Rain), Hideki (Chobits), Kyon (Haruhi), Holland (Eureka Seven), Alucard (Hellsing), and Zelgadis (Slayers).

It's not that he's a bad VA.The problem is that I expected a more serious voice for Lelouche.Although I'm not a fan of Code Geass, but the girl who plays Kallen...uh...Karen ______ overshadows him oh, so much.He did Vash?I didn't notice.I guess that was a good change of voice.

+Namiko+
09-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Not to sound like a noob in my own thread or anythin, but I actually really like "Naruto's" english voice, maile does a really good job and i don't think they could've gotten anyone better.

And i actually like Lelouche's english VA, i think he speaks with the right attitude.

Doom85
09-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Not to sound like a noob in my own thread or anythin, but I actually really like "Naruto's" english voice, maile does a really good job and i don't think they could've gotten anyone better

I'm going to commit total blasphemy here and admit I like the Naruto dub (the unedited version on the DVDs, ofc ourse) better than the sub:

Naruto - "Believe it!" was annoying, but only lasted 25 episodes, whereas Dattebayo (which still remains) can get annoying if used too much. Also, the sub's "Sasuke!" yell is sometimes too much. I give the edge to the dub slightly here.
Sasuke - dub is good, sub would be good if it didn't sound like someone in their 30's!
Sakura, Ino, Hinata, Rock Lee, Gai, Shino, Kisame, 3rd Hokage, Iruka - equal
Kakashi, Jiraiya, - slight edge to the dub
Zabuza, Orochimaru, Itachi, Gaara, Shikamaru - dub FTW
Choji, Kankuro, Neji, Kimimaro, Kabuto - sub FTW
Arguably too early to call based on one line in episode 135, but Deidara - equal (they kept the "Hmm"'s in!!!), and Akatsuki Leader - sub FTW (hopefully they'll change AL's dub, Dave Wittenberg is great as Kakashi but not for someone like the AL)

Note: I know AL's true name, but I'm trying to keep this spoiler-free.

+Namiko+
09-05-2008, 04:44 PM
I also think an outstanding VA moment is the entire Death Note series. L was potrayed by a genius. I don't think anyone else could have puled it off that well. I don't know his name, but ill have to say he is up there on the list of my fav VA's.